General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:To sidestep a BoG related issue with regards to the ritual, specifically why Gohan isn't picked over Goku when he's a lot stronger than his dad, I'm thinking of introducing another requirement to the ritual: the initial rush of power requires a specific mindset to overcome and contain the power of SSG, a sort of calm eye in the storm which Gohan tries to pull off but backfires on him. This would sort of hint at Whis' training down the line which would similarly require someone to simultaneously pull of an SS3 level burst of power but remaining calm while doing so in place of the usual screaming fest.
I just assume that the ritual only works on pure-bloods (even though halflings can still contribute). Saves me a whole lot of trouble trying to figure out why they never used the ritual again.
In my version I'm treating SSG as a very temporary boost, it's amazing while you've got it but when it fades away its gone to eliminate everyone just using it for an easy power up. As for Gohan, since I'm keeping Goku's inflated ego angle, maybe make him the recipient of the ritual over his much stronger son another instance of Goku doing the reckless thing just so HE can beat Beerus and be the strongest in the universe.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:13 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:To sidestep a BoG related issue with regards to the ritual, specifically why Gohan isn't picked over Goku when he's a lot stronger than his dad, I'm thinking of introducing another requirement to the ritual: the initial rush of power requires a specific mindset to overcome and contain the power of SSG, a sort of calm eye in the storm which Gohan tries to pull off but backfires on him. This would sort of hint at Whis' training down the line which would similarly require someone to simultaneously pull of an SS3 level burst of power but remaining calm while doing so in place of the usual screaming fest.
I just assume that the ritual only works on pure-bloods (even though halflings can still contribute). Saves me a whole lot of trouble trying to figure out why they never used the ritual again.
In my version I'm treating SSG as a very temporary boost, it's amazing while you've got it but when it fades away its gone to eliminate everyone just using it for an easy power up. As for Gohan, since I'm keeping Goku's inflated ego angle, maybe make him the recipient of the ritual over his much stronger son another instance of Goku doing the reckless thing just so HE can beat Beerus and be the strongest in the universe.
I don't think Goku's arc really works if Gohan is still stronger than him. Goku's arc works because we (and the character) assume he's the strongest there is before he gets his ass kicked by Beerus and gets brought down a peg. In a world where Gohan is still stronger than him, I feel Goku would be humble enough to realize he's not the hottest shit.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I just assume that the ritual only works on pure-bloods (even though halflings can still contribute). Saves me a whole lot of trouble trying to figure out why they never used the ritual again.
I don't think Goku's arc really works if Gohan is still stronger than him. Goku's arc works because we (and the character) assume he's the strongest there is before he gets his ass kicked by Beerus and gets brought down a peg. In a world where Gohan is still stronger than him, I feel Goku would be humble enough to realize he's not the hottest shit.
I get the logic behind that but it also kind of doesn't work given where the Boo arc leaves a bunch of characters (though in the anime Goku is definitively the strongest guy around) and I don't want to resort to the whole "Gohan stopped training!" thing again.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:22 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: In my version I'm treating SSG as a very temporary boost, it's amazing while you've got it but when it fades away its gone to eliminate everyone just using it for an easy power up. As for Gohan, since I'm keeping Goku's inflated ego angle, maybe make him the recipient of the ritual over his much stronger son another instance of Goku doing the reckless thing just so HE can beat Beerus and be the strongest in the universe.
I get the logic behind that but it also kind of doesn't work given where the Boo arc leaves a bunch of characters (though in the anime Goku is definitively the strongest guy around) and I don't want to resort to the whole "Gohan stopped training!" thing again.
Honestly I like the way the Super anime did it. BoG focuses on Beerus' arc of trying to find someone that can finally make him feel excitement over battle again after years of constant boredom, while it's ResF that focuses on Goku's hubris (whereas the movies just repeat the same arc two movies in a row). Of course, it's poorly done there, and the arc still faces the problem that Goku shouldn't be so arrogant when he literally just met Beerus and Whis, but I feel like you could still write a scenario where it could work.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I don't think Goku's arc really works if Gohan is still stronger than him. Goku's arc works because we (and the character) assume he's the strongest there is before he gets his ass kicked by Beerus and gets brought down a peg. In a world where Gohan is still stronger than him, I feel Goku would be humble enough to realize he's not the hottest shit.
Honestly I like the way the Super anime did it. BoG focuses on Beerus' arc of trying to find someone that can finally make him feel excitement over battle again after years of constant boredom, while it's ResF that focuses on Goku's hubris (whereas the movies just repeat the same arc two movies in a row). Of course, it's poorly done there, and the arc still faces the problem that Goku shouldn't be so arrogant when he literally just met Beerus and Whis, but I feel like you could still write a scenario where it could work.
I won't be doing Resurrection F so I won't run into the repeat problem, not because I don't think you can do something good with RoF, I've already done a remake and I don't even know what I could do with another one.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:13 pm

I've got something completely different: Campaign Comics, which take the series you know, and turns it into a DnD Game. Examples:

Darth and Droids - Star Wars
Grand Line 3.5 - One Piece
Jutsu and Jinchuriki - Naruto

Now, if a Campaign Comic is made of Dragonball, how should it be?

- Should it start at the OG Series, Z, or even later?
- Should filler be used? Should movies be used? Should cutscenes from games be used? Should the manga be used?
- Should it be played completely straight, scene for scene with slight changes that don't alter the spirit of the original, or when believed necessary, retell, remake, and/or recreate scenes, sometimes to the point of a fix fic? What about making whole new scenes altogether?

Biggest question would be, how to deal with the Saiyan prominence, which even for a shonen we all agree is too much fixated on Goku?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:21 pm

FoolsGil wrote:I've got something completely different: Campaign Comics, which take the series you know, and turns it into a DnD Game. Examples:

Darth and Droids - Star Wars
Grand Line 3.5 - One Piece
Jutsu and Jinchuriki - Naruto

Now, if a Campaign Comic is made of Dragonball, how should it be?

- Should it start at the OG Series, Z, or even later?
- Should filler be used? Should movies be used? Should cutscenes from games be used? Should the manga be used?
- Should it be played completely straight, scene for scene with slight changes that don't alter the spirit of the original, or when believed necessary, retell, remake, and/or recreate scenes, sometimes to the point of a fix fic? What about making whole new scenes altogether?

Biggest question would be, how to deal with the Saiyan prominence, which even for a shonen we all agree is too much fixated on Goku?
I'd say starting with OG DB is a good way of easing people into mechanics & the setting, I wouldn't treat it as a story though, more like a sandbox where you give people all the stuff in the franchise to play around with then let the DMs & players decide how things tie together.

For example, have Freeza be there but instead of being a space emperor, someone can make him a transdimensional conqueror instead or a demon realm lord or something like that.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:24 pm

I think I have a good idea for rewriting SSG. How would you guys like it if in order for a Saiyan to become SSG, they must have a tail?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I think I have a good idea for rewriting SSG. How would you guys like it if in order for a Saiyan to become SSG, they must have a tail?
Might as well just go with SS4 at that point. The tail isn't thematically significant to SSG's design.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:10 pm

I'm just saying this because I miss the tails so much. :cry:
Caulifla best girl! :)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:48 pm

So, I think I've worked out how to do Broly and Resurrection F in my DBSuper rewrite in one fell swoop:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:10 am

May I have some opinions on an OC I'm thinking of?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:48 am

What do you think about this idea, guys? Z warriors get absorbed by a board game that belongs to Gohan and to escape from there, they must defeat the bad guys and complete the zones. I named it Dungeons and Dragon Balls.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:May I have some opinions on an OC I'm thinking of?
I like it, there's a lot you can do there with Tenshinhan having to deal with a student who maybe reminds himself of his old self.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:00 pm

So, lately (by the course of several months) I've spent some time thinking about the fanfiction I've been planning on writing, and eventually decided to stop thinking and start writing instead; immediatly I noticed my bigger issue, other than the narrative itself, is the fact of actually writing it in english and while I think of myself being quite fluent, there were lots of grammatical bumps I tripped over, specifically dealing with speeches, and I'm afraid of going much further without assuring myself I can pull this off.

Anyway, I'd like to share the first chapter I wrote and if anyone decides to take a look I'll greatly appreciate. It's a AU where [spoilers] Goku grows up evil and the story focuses on the earthlings.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Andalus23

Post by Andalus23 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:00 am

Okay dudes.

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12423146/1/T ... g-Darkness

Here’s my fic, I haven’t updated in a while though, been busy with uni. But I think that’s gonna change.

Critiques?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi guys, I'm writing a fanfic about gt and super.
can I ask some thoughts on it? It's maybe a bit particular for the way I connect gt and super, but it could work

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Well, I'm thinking about writing a small series of short Christmas-themed fabrics, each one being centered around a different character. Would this be a good idea?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:26 am

Champa The Destroyer wrote:Well, I'm thinking about writing a small series of short Christmas-themed fabrics, each one being centered around a different character. Would this be a good idea?
It would be sweet I think, you can try

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:26 am

I've had some ideas yesterday night.
How do "piccolo becoming hakaishin, tenshinhan becoming god of the earth and uub becoming a kaioshin" sounds to you?
In my latest fanfic I couldn't valorize well ten and piccolo, who are my favourite characters, so I thought about doing a sequel fanfic with this plot line.
I thought about bills wanting to quit being a GoD, and asking to the z fighters who wants to take the place. Piccolo then steps out proposing himself, under kami's advice.
Then, daishinkan, registering a lot of requests like this from other GoDs , decides to make an exam for all the candidates.
The candidates for the GoD roles are : piccolo from u7, ribrianne from u3 (heart shaped hakais incoming lol),and 2 OCS I came out with yesterday : tasek from u1, wanting to take the role of iwne, and shikabe/kashibe (I have to decide wich name to use) from u5, who wants to replace arack as a GoD.
The name puns are :
Tasek = steak
Cause steak is often served with wine
Shikabe/kashibe = shish kebab
Cause arack's pun is an Arab drink, so I've based his fighter on an Arab food.
How do this sounds to you?