"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Gave the game a download on my new phone. Any tips for a new player? I have quite a bit of experience playing Dokkan so I figure this game will be similar

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:01 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Any tips for a new player?
I'm also a new player and I learnt the hard way to NOT do mixed teams lol
Tags are important and abilities stack be sure to check not only your party's battle power but also the ability bonus percentage, if you add someone strong but it decreases you're doing it wrong lol
Souls are the grind, so don't waste them lol

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:46 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Gave the game a download on my new phone. Any tips for a new player? I have quite a bit of experience playing Dokkan so I figure this game will be similar
There are a lot of things the game doesn't tell you. It might be a little overwhelming at first. So first thing, there are three types of characters: Hero, Extreme, and Sparking. I don't know why they labelled them this way. It's needlessly stupid. To translate, they are common, rare, and super rare in that order. Characters of higher rarity typically have higher stats than more common ones.

Also, there are three ways to power up a character. First is by leveling, which is pretty standard stuff. However, there are level caps, which require you to use Souls to break through the cap. Which leads me into the second method of powering up: Soul Boosts. You use Rising Souls to unlock spaces on a grid, which increase stats according to how they're labeled. A node that says "+100 HP" for instance would increase the characters' max HP by 100. Super Souls are more rare, and they're used for unlocking level caps. Souls come in several different colors, corresponding to the color type of the character. So a Yellow character uses Yellow Rising and Super Souls. There are no White Rising or Super Souls, however. Shallot, the only white element character, just uses different color souls depending on the level cap.

The third way to increase the power of a character is to summon them. When you get multiple summons, you'll get Limit Breaks, which increase their overall stats. Sometimes, their passive abilities get better as well. So getting multiple summons of the same character isn't a waste of a summon. That's all I have the energy to explain ATM. lol

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:24 pm

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:36 am

New event is up:

Can't believe on that... Will they spoil the whole movie for us? :D

Also we got new characters:
Image (this Super Saiyan Broly can transform in-battle like Shallot)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:53 am

Noah wrote:New event is up:

Can't believe on that... Will they spoil the whole movie for us? :D

Also we got new characters:
Image (this Super Saiyan Broly can transform in-battle like Shallot)
The event just covers Goku and Vegeta's first fight with Broly without him going SUper Saiyan. Though it does reveal what Shallot's transformation prior to SUper Saiyan might have been: THe Ability to harness the power of a great ape without actually becomming a great ape

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:04 pm

And said event are tough, this game level up the difficulties. That's nice.

Btw I got the two sparking Broly 2018 and Sparking Cooler that I miss last time and one of my Broly is already level 1500 with everything boosted up 8)
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:And said event are tough, this game level up the difficulties. That's nice.

Btw I got the two sparking Broly 2018 and Sparking Cooler that I miss last time and one of my Broly is already level 1500 with everything boosted up 8)
6000 crystals in and... I haven't even gotten one sparking character from these summons ;(

Kanassa wrote:

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:12 pm

All I could afford was one multi and I got two Brolys but... the blue ones lol :lol:
Noah wrote:Will they spoil the whole movie for us? :D
The trailers already did that though lol

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Regarding Broly's first transformation...

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:35 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:Regarding Broly's first transformation...
Apparently, according to Paragus: BR in Dragon Ball Super: Broly, Broly: BR is capable of using the power of the Great Ape form without actually fully-assuming the transformation itself, something somewhat similar to when Shallot from Dragon Ball Legends had revealed a Saiyan transformation at around the very same time the Ancient Saiyan had his rematch with Raditz, one absolute hell of a dirty-coward in my honest opinion. Perhaps Broly: BR had been using his Great Ape form so much to defend himself against those Spider-like Aliens, and all of the other equally, if not more so, dangerous wildlife on Planet Vampa, the Legendary Saiyan had actually been able to access the form at will but with much difficulty, as maybe Paragus: BR prevented him from using his False Super Saiyan 4 enough to have gotten used to it, simply out of Paragus BR’s fear of losing whatever control he had over Broly: BR and releasing a monster with power comparable to the Super Saiyan Blue Son Goku of Dragon Ball Super: Broly, who should be strong enough to defeat Kefla by now, into the Seventh Universe, either that or his very own father Paragus: BR, had been the cause for the Punching-Bag of Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta: BR to have access to the False Super Saiyan 4 form.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:36 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:Regarding Broly's first transformation...
Apparently, according to Paragus: BR in Dragon Ball Super: Broly, Broly: BR is capable of using the power of the Great Ape form without actually fully-assuming the transformation itself, something somewhat similar to when Shallot from Dragon Ball Legends had revealed a Saiyan transformation at around the very same time the Ancient Saiyan had his rematch with Raditz, one absolute hell of a dirty-coward in my honest opinion. Perhaps Broly: BR had been using his Great Ape form so much to defend himself against those Spider-like Aliens, and all of the other equally, if not more so, dangerous wildlife on Planet Vampa, the Legendary Saiyan had actually been able to access the form at will but with much difficulty, as maybe Paragus: BR prevented him from using his False Super Saiyan 4 enough to have gotten used to it, simply out of Paragus BR’s fear of losing whatever control he had over Broly: BR and releasing a monster with power comparable to the Super Saiyan Blue Son Goku of Dragon Ball Super: Broly, who should be strong enough to defeat Kefla by now, into the Seventh Universe, either that or his very own father Paragus: BR, had been the cause for the Punching-Bag of Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta: BR to have access to the False Super Saiyan 4 form.
Okay. I guess there's no point in using spoiler tags any more. This is why I don't go back to the movie thread. lol

While this half-Oozaru form is very reminiscent of Super Saiyan 4, I don't think it's a False Super Saiyan 4. Considering Broly's normal Super Saiyan form is a step up from this, it wouldn't really make much sense. Makes me wonder how (or if) they explain the Legendary/Full Power form.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Does pvp is the key to max out the character along with the event bonus combat (Purple, Red, Yellow, Green and Blue) ? So if you rince and repeat those you can upgrade your characters easily ?

Also how to get more Z equipment items ?

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Does pvp is the key to max out the character along with the event bonus combat (Purple, Red, Yellow, Green and Blue) ? So if you rince and repeat those you can upgrade your characters easily ?

Also how to get more Z equipment items ?
You boost your characters using souls you grind in pve and adventuring, same goes with equipments (even though pvp battles give one)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:25 pm

Damn, since I started working on a new job, it is going to get harder to have time to complete new Legends tasks.

Now we can level up our characters to level 2000 (finally), there's another freaking Saiyan arc event and two new SP chars from those:
We now have Super Saiyan God Goku and God of Destruction Beerus as availaible characters and funny enough they're not stronger than Super Gogeta base stats overall.

Not enough, two (or three) new HARD main story chapters and a HARD mode for the already existing Broly event...

For F's sake... I might not be able to complete all these in time :crazy:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:22 pm

Noah wrote:Damn, since I started working on a new job, it is going to get harder to have time to complete new Legends tasks.

Now we can level up our characters to level 2000 (finally), there's another freaking Saiyan arc event and two new SP chars from those:
We now have Super Saiyan God Goku and God of Destruction Beerus as availaible characters and funny enough they're not stronger than Super Gogeta base stats overall.

Not enough, two (or three) new HARD main story chapters and a HARD mode for the already existing Broly event...

For F's sake... I might not be able to complete all these in time :crazy:
And 6 new story missions

Kanassa wrote:

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarot » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:29 pm

The story is going way too slow..But it's always fun to use Broly: BR! It's pretty much expected to have SSB Goku, Vegeta, and Golden Frieza for the anniversary, right?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:58 am

Don't forget that the main story also have a part.3 and Zahha is back with compagny 8)

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:46 pm

wohoo just reached battle rank 50 for the first time I'm happy lol
I recommend watching Bebop's tuts on YT they help lol

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Sparking Mai, Super Saiyan Future Gohan and Super Saiyan 2 Teen Trunks (Who seems to be SS2 in his Z design instead of his Super one) on the way

Kanassa wrote: