"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Furiza

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Furiza » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Ok now seriously to hell with the game.

I am not talking about being shafted for 2 banners straight but now it is confirmed that the new AGL Meta Cooler will be the Freeza clan leader...

I repeat FREEZA clan leader.

No one besides Freeza should be the leader!!!

Fuck this non canon brother. Hell even King Cold would make more sense

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:31 am

Furiza wrote:Ok now seriously to hell with the game.

I am not talking about being shafted for 2 banners straight but now it is confirmed that the new AGL Meta Cooler will be the Freeza clan leader...

It's not "Freeza clan", but "Most malevolant clan". It's about Cooler, Frieza and Cold's race and not about Frieza's army.

Anyway, SR Metal Coolers are getting awakening to really good units. Finally.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:09 pm

Mnich wrote:
Furiza wrote:Ok now seriously to hell with the game.

It's not "Freeza clan", but "Most malevolant clan". It's about Cooler, Frieza and Cold's race and not about Frieza's army.

Anyway, SR Metal Coolers are getting awakening to really good units. Finally.
OK my mistake... But I hope we will get an Freeza Army category at some point.

And and TUR King Cold

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Seven people were arrested in Japan for using a cheating app with the game:

https://comicbook.com/anime/amp/2018/10 ... est-japan/
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:40 am

Hit Dokkan Festival is live. TEQ Hit, INT UI Goku, STR Jiren, AGL Kaioken Goku, INT Bota Magetta, STR Frost, PHY Champa, and the SR Botamo and Magetta who both awaken into different Bota Magettas.

A lot of people are complaining that this banner is 'shaft' after last year's, but last year's banner didn't have six global exclusive cards and a global exclusive category plus two leaders on it.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:44 am

The Christmas banner is horrendous. Lackluster amount of units, only one discount and no free multis. For a Christmas banner yea it’s pretty bad.

Very easy skip. Save for the movie banners.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:05 am

This banner is such an extreme disappointment. I would rather have the Double Rates LR Banner that Japan got. Did the discount multi got crap except for the candy canes and Master Roshi. I guess the gift is Dokkan is helping us save for the upcoming movie banners.

I am just wondering what could be coming for New Years. I just hope it’s something better than this!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:The Christmas banner is horrendous. Lackluster amount of units, only one discount and no free multis. For a Christmas banner yea it’s pretty bad.

I see it as a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. If it was like last year's you'd have people mad that they were holding two big festivals back to back burning up all their stones since Global is likely getting Gogeta and Broly between the middle and end of January. And if it's just a normal dokkan fest like this is, people are going to be mad it's not better even though they keep harping about saving stones.

I prefer a banner with a smaller featured pool than those big ass celebration banners because it raises the odds of getting what you want if you trigger a featured ssr summon.

I wasn't terribly impressed by Japan's double rates banner. Trunks and Mai being featured and the increased LR rate is nice, but on the other hand, other than STR Trunks and INT Zamasu, the featured units on that banner are pretty lackluster and there are sooo many of them. I watched Rhymestyle go several hundred stones deep on it and pull just two LRs in a sea of old Trunks and Androids.

Don't get me wrong, I get why people are upset that it's not something with more razzle dazzle, but isn't that what you'd want if you're waiting for the movie celebration?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:24 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:The Christmas banner is horrendous. Lackluster amount of units, only one discount and no free multis. For a Christmas banner yea it’s pretty bad.

I see it as a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. If it was like last year's you'd have people mad that they were holding two big festivals back to back burning up all their stones since Global is likely getting Gogeta and Broly between the middle and end of January. And if it's just a normal dokkan fest like this is, people are going to be mad it's not better even though they keep harping about saving stones.

I prefer a banner with a smaller featured pool than those big ass celebration banners because it raises the odds of getting what you want if you trigger a featured ssr summon.

I wasn't terribly impressed by Japan's double rates banner. Trunks and Mai being featured and the increased LR rate is nice, but on the other hand, other than STR Trunks and INT Zamasu, the featured units on that banner are pretty lackluster and there are sooo many of them. I watched Rhymestyle go several hundred stones deep on it and pull just two LRs in a sea of old Trunks and Androids.

Don't get me wrong, I get why people are upset that it's not something with more razzle dazzle, but isn't that what you'd want if you're waiting for the movie celebration?

The issue with the movie banner is we have to wait for that on Global too apparently unless they pull a fast one and do a dual celebration with Japan but so far it doesn’t seem that is the case. I realize it’s probably only a few weeks later but it sucks to have to wait. Hell its bad enough to have to wait for the movie itself.

I wasn’t planning on going deep on this banner no matter what was on it. But I was still hoping for something more exciting. I could have afforded a few Multis and still have enough for the movie banner. But there isn’t even a point to summon on this at all. Last year they had tickets and discounts plus a lot of recent Dokkan Fest Exclusives

I actually only have one dupe or UI Goku so I don’t mind he is on the banner but he’s been on so many banners that most people have him rainbowed. This is already the 3rd banner for Jiren. And don’t get more started on Kaioken Goku

Besides Hit the other exclusives will now be on every banner so that’s not that exciting either.

Really there is absolutely nothing good about this banner and they didn’t even have the decency to give better discounts .

Its Christmas and this is literally like any other Dokkan Fest except much worse with all the really old cards.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Well looks like while Japan gets a huge celebration, Global gets absolutely nothing at all. And yeah the Hit card and his horrible banner is absolutely nothing. What a slap in the face to Global players.

Edit: And I would play the Japanese version if I could but it doesn’t want to download on my phone so Global is all I can do.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Crazy-ass New Year Celebration incoming. It's a 5 step banner. For 200 stones you get:
Step 1: Guaranteed EZA - It's all the red stone cards except Super Gogeta.
Step 2: Guaranteed 120 Super Leader
Step 3: Guaranteed 120 Extreme Leader
Step 4: Guaranteed Category Leader
Step 5: Guaranteed LR! Goku & Frieza and Cell don't seem to be in the pool. It's everything up to Bardock.

And you can do it twice! :shock:

SSGSSmomo

Post by SSGSSmomo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:55 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Crazy-ass New Year Celebration incoming. It's a 5 step banner. For 200 stones you get:
Step 5: Guaranteed LR! Goku & Frieza and Cell don't seem to be in the pool. It's everything up to Bardock.

I'm eagerly waiting to come to global later today although I can only do step 1 as of right now.
Also, the LR fusions are not in the banner either.
And This...is Vegito Blue!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:11 am

SSGSSmomo wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Crazy-ass New Year Celebration incoming. It's a 5 step banner. For 200 stones you get:

I'm eagerly waiting to come to global later today although I can only do step 1 as of right now.
They changed for the banner a bit for global. We got LR Cell but not LR Bardock.

SSGSSmomo

Post by SSGSSmomo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:28 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
SSGSSmomo wrote:

They changed for the banner a bit for global. We got LR Cell but not LR Bardock.
That actually works for me as I already have LR Bardock meaning the GLR summon will be completely new cards for me.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:10 am

Movie stuff has finally been announced for Global. At leas we will have something to celebrate as well during Japan’s 4th Anniversary.

SSGSSmomo

Post by SSGSSmomo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:58 pm

Kinokima wrote:Movie stuff has finally been announced for Global. At leas we will have something to celebrate as well during Japan’s 4th Anniversary.
Great although I have no stones after wasting them on category banners and STR Super Buu banner. :oops:

SSGSSmomo

Post by SSGSSmomo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Data download for Global up. We seem to be getting the Broly movie free units and LR Trunks and Mai so next banner will probably be the LR Trunks and Mai banner with the 20% chance to get a LR per multi.

SSGSSmomo

Post by SSGSSmomo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Global in game news just revealed Gogeta Blue and DBS Broly as the next banners. They will drop on either Tuesday or Wednesday so that along with the dokkan awakens for the F2P units and AGL Broly's EZA will usher in a hype time for Global. :thumbup:

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:12 am

Boy, I sure love being shafted for Broly.

1000 stones and no Super Saiyan Broly. Managed to get Gogeta, Goku, Paragus, and Wrath Broly though at least. But I was really aiming for Super Broly.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:34 pm

I got Gogeta, God Goku, Super Broly and Rage Broly in 200 stones :o :o :o
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW