"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:48 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:OMG Takehito Koyasu is the voice actor of Hatsu/Heart :o
KONO HATSU DA

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:34 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
KONO HATSU DA
Astonishing contribution to the discussion. You guys are fantastic.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:27 pm

DNA wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
KONO HATSU DA
Astonishing contribution to the discussion. You guys are fantastic.
No problems my dood.

I wonder who else in the voice cast, the female tuffle sounds really familiar, and I think she's in a video game I've played before.... Nu-13 possibly?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:11 pm

So, I just watched the trailer for Universe Mission Set 6 (somehow I'd completely missed it when it came out and thought all those screenshots were just coming from the site), and it's worth clarifying here that it explicitly calls the two "Tsufruians" "artificial lifeforms." So that pendantic argument from a few pages back about what Baby actually was and how they related to his design was actually already settled.

From the video narration:
人間への復讐に燃える双子の人口生命体!

"Thirsting for vengeance against humans, twin artificial lifeforms!"
(Probably "humans" in an expansive DB "mortals/all sentient lifeforms" sense, since they're allied with Zamasu.)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:40 pm

Lol, pedantic. This forum is fantastic nowadays. Happy 2019 everybody :D

Any idea what the secret cards may be? Other than the obvious Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:23 pm

DNA wrote:Lol, pedantic. This forum is fantastic nowadays. Happy 2019 everybody :D

Any idea what the secret cards may be? Other than the obvious Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta?
Happy New Year to you too! :thumbup:

Super Saiyan Broly: BR Full Power and Mecha Merged Zamasu are the only ones who come to mind right now for me too.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
DNA wrote:Lol, pedantic. This forum is fantastic nowadays. Happy 2019 everybody :D

Happy New Year to you too! :thumbup:

Super Saiyan Broly: BR Full Power and Mecha Merged Zamasu are the only ones who come to mind right now for me too.
Yeah I cant see anyone else being candidates. Hearts will most likely be saved for later

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:50 pm

Cipher wrote:So, I just watched the trailer for Universe Mission Set 6 (somehow I'd completely missed it when it came out and thought all those screenshots were just coming from the site), and it's worth clarifying here that it explicitly calls the two "Tsufruians" "artificial lifeforms." So that pendantic argument from a few pages back about what Baby actually was and how they related to his design was actually already settled.

From the video narration:
人間への復讐に燃える双子の人口生命体!

(Probably "humans" in an expansive DB "mortals/all sentient lifeforms" sense, since they're allied with Zamasu.)
I wonder, was Cell also called "artifical"? Are those twins pure machines or they have souls. I mean we never saw Baby escape hell in Super 17 saga, but it was most likely because this would be boring (he just died after whole saga of him) and not because he has no soul because TOEI even made #19 and Major Metallitron escape hell lol. I assume he has soul like Cell.

Anyway, it's kinda weird for them to have "zero mortals" kind of plan or for Zamasu to work with, well, mortals?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:47 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:I wonder, was Cell also called "artifical"? Are those twins pure machines or they have souls. I mean we never saw Baby escape hell in Super 17 saga, but it was most likely because this would be boring (he just died after whole saga of him) and not because he has no soul because TOEI even made #19 and Major Metallitron escape hell lol. I assume he has soul like Cell.
Cell calls himself "artificial":

And yeah, Baby probably wasn't brought back to avoid repetition, 19 and Rildo were brought back, and at the very least, with 19 it makes no sense lol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:05 am

Well, Baby could've still stuck in line to be judged or like Daabura, he was sent to Heaven. :lol:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:17 am

GT has Rilld come back despite having almost the exact same origins as Baby (to say nothing of the oversight of #19), so I'd assume Baby's return was simply hand-waved away to avoid having to deal with the return of the main villain who had just been defeated last arc.

Otherwise--robot souls sure are tricky things in Dragon Ball, aren't they? According to both the manga and the anime, Cell has a soul, as Kaio expects him to show up in the afterlife if he's dead, but really, the distinction between him and a fully sentient robot like #16 is pretty arbitrary--one just happens to be made of organic material. As an extra wrinkle, the Machine Mutants in GT also have ki, which Gero's androids don't possess, so...I don't know; is that the cut-off? I'm sure not even the people behind these stories know.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:58 am

人間への復讐に燃える双子の人口生命体!

I feel like the twins are Zamasu's creation to get his revenge on mortals.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:46 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
人間への復讐に燃える双子の人口生命体!

I feel like the twins are Zamasu's creation to get his revenge on mortals.
Zamasu isn't really shown to be a scientist, and he detests mortal life so I dont think he'd willingly up the numbers of ningen. I think they're more likely to be connected to Hearts or perhaps Baby is a hidden ally in all this?

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Cipher wrote:GT has Rilld come back despite having almost the exact same origins as Baby (to say nothing of the oversight of #19), so I'd assume Baby's return was simply hand-waved away to avoid having to deal with the return of the main villain who had just been defeated last arc.
They didn't even handwave, Baby isn't mentioned at all, maybe just once by Myuu for being killed by him, but nothing past that.
Otherwise--robot souls sure are tricky things in Dragon Ball, aren't they? According to both the manga and the anime, Cell has a soul, as Kaio expects him to show up in the afterlife if he's dead, but really, the distinction between him and a fully sentient robot like #16 is pretty arbitrary--one just happens to be made of organic material. As an extra wrinkle, the Machine Mutants in GT also have ki, which Gero's androids don't possess, so...I don't know; is that the cut-off? I'm sure not even the people behind these stories know.
Cell is a different case since he's more of a weird clone-orgy, so him having a soul and 16 not having it makes sense since he's actualy biological, what doesn't make sense is how Android 8, who's fully mechanical like 16, got resurrected during Boo saga. Only way to explain this is that Porunga is just that much more competent than Shen Long to the point he can rebuild robots just fine, but that's just headcanon lol.

As for machine mutants, well, they don't seem to be fully mechanical, hell, Baby himself grows, so that kinda points out they're living beings, even if unusual ones, so I guess just a fully mechanical robot like 16 won't have a soul, but, again, you have to ignore 8, it's a headache lol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:37 pm

Is Eighter fully mechanical? I think I remember reading that he was a classical cyborg like Gero in one of the daizenshuu's.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:18 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Is Eighter fully mechanical? I think I remember reading that he was a classical cyborg like Gero in one of the daizenshuu's.
There's conflicting statements. I believe one of the world guides (the second one?) claimed he was a rebuilt human, while other sources indicate he died and was remade as an android, some say he is entirely mechanical.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:56 pm

This conversation is interesting from what I can see, but it has nothing to do with Dragon Ball Heroes at this point. Please take it somewhere else.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:32 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:Is Eighter fully mechanical? I think I remember reading that he was a classical cyborg like Gero in one of the daizenshuu's.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
There's conflicting statements. I believe one of the world guides (the second one?) claimed he was a rebuilt human, while other sources indicate he died and was remade as an android, some say he is entirely mechanical.
I dunno about outside info or whatever, but the manga itself makes it blatantly clear that 8 is a robot.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:05 am

One more week until UM6/Episode 7. Any predictions on what's gonna happen?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:08 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:One more week until UM6/Episode 7. Any predictions on what's gonna happen?
hopefully Hearts shows us his stand.

Nah probs the twins showing up after the gang arrive in universe 6