Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 pm

ThePiccolo wrote:Thoughts on this?

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2018/12/04/ne ... s-vegetto/

Was translated recently, basically says Gogeta > Vegetto. What do y'all think? Does this change how we view statements pertaining to Potara > Fusion Dance from the Boo Arc?
Weird, I thought Herms said a while ago that this was fake in the translation thread. Guess i'm misremembering it.

Though as Kaboom said, the amount of evidence saying otherwise probably means it's just for hype, especially when this didn't really come out of Toriyama's mouth or anything.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:14 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:

Was translated recently, basically says Gogeta > Vegetto. What do y'all think? Does this change how we view statements pertaining to Potara > Fusion Dance from the Boo Arc?
Weird, I thought Herms said a while ago that this was fake in the translation thread. Guess i'm misremembering it.

Though as Kaboom said, the amount of evidence saying otherwise probably means it's just for hype, especially when this didn't really come out of Toriyama's mouth or anything.
Kaboom wrote:
It's intriguing, especially how it describes the two different methods of Fusion causing the result's power to manifest in different ways.

But there's too many other things going directly against it. On top of the Elder Kaioshin saying that the "effect is greater" with Potara, we have at least a small handful of guidebook statements plainly saying telling us that the Potara makes a stronger Fusion. That stuff logically outweighs this, which is just kind of an odd outlier.

But it's still nice to know that nobody behind the characters thinks that Gogeta is some relative weakling who'd get stomped by Boo or Vegetto even if he went Super Saiyan 3, like I've seen many people argue for over the years.
p-hyvo wrote:

Buuhan knows perfectly the metamorphic fusion, and in the manga he himself states that if goku and Vegeta fuses that way, it wouldn't be enough to beat him anyway, so vegetto>ssj(at least) buu saga gogeta
Agreed with all of this.

Interestingly, new Weekly Jump translations say Gogeta = Vegetto
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1070890625803804672

We could either chalk it up as hype for the movie, or perhaps, that Gogeta = Vegetto in Super's continuity, while Vegetto > Gogeta in the original manga's continuity?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:00 am

ThePiccolo wrote:
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:

Kaboom wrote:
It's intriguing, especially how it describes the two different methods of Fusion causing the result's power to manifest in different ways.

But there's too many other things going directly against it. On top of the Elder Kaioshin saying that the "effect is greater" with Potara, we have at least a small handful of guidebook statements plainly saying telling us that the Potara makes a stronger Fusion. That stuff logically outweighs this, which is just kind of an odd outlier.

But it's still nice to know that nobody behind the characters thinks that Gogeta is some relative weakling who'd get stomped by Boo or Vegetto even if he went Super Saiyan 3, like I've seen many people argue for over the years.
p-hyvo wrote:

Buuhan knows perfectly the metamorphic fusion, and in the manga he himself states that if goku and Vegeta fuses that way, it wouldn't be enough to beat him anyway, so vegetto>ssj(at least) buu saga gogeta
Agreed with all of this.

We could either chalk it up as hype for the movie, or perhaps, that Gogeta = Vegetto in Super's continuity, while Vegetto > Gogeta in the original manga's continuity?
That could perfectly be said just to hype up the incoming movie, but anyway, if you give credit to that, it's valid only from now onwards. Obviously, such thing doesn't affect the original manga at all for obvious scaling reasons

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:02 am

ThePiccolo wrote:Agreed with all of this.

Sounds like hype to me. In the interview he's also all "Gogeta is as strong as Vegetto, but he also transforms into SSJ and Blue! And he doesn't appear in the manga, just like Broli! Go watch the damn movie!"

If it becomes canon it'd be a cool decision, as it would balance things between Fusion Dance and Potara, who lasts twice as much. Still stupid for running over the canon though.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:48 pm

ThePiccolo wrote:We could either chalk it up as hype for the movie, or perhaps, that Gogeta = Vegetto in Super's continuity, while Vegetto > Gogeta in the original manga's continuity?
But they are the same continuity............

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:00 pm

It’s been a while since I last did a list of my own. The new movie sparked up my interest in trying a numeric power levels list because of the few, yet interesting and appropriate, power levels readings it has.
I found my old list and completed it with Tournament of Power power levels (following the anime) and I also tried my hand at the new movie’s power levels.
There may be a few errors here and there: it’s probably too ambitious to try such a difficult list and many of you might completely disagree with some of the numbers I came up with, as I tried to stay as low as possible for convenience reasons.
The multipliers for the God forms being so low are due to their performance throughout Super and how easily other characters have managed to catch up to the new forms. I believe that the movies of Battle of Gods and Resurrection “F” gave the impressions that the new forms were really incredibly overpowered, while the TV show didn’t really treat them as such. I thank everyone who takes the time to read through this incredibly long list!

Multipliers
Oozaru - 10x
Super Saiyan (SSJ) - 50x
Super Saiyan 2 (SSJ2) - 100x
Super Saiyan 3 (SSJ3) - 400x
Super Saiyan God (SSG) - 1,000x
Super Saiyan Blue (SSB) - 2,000x

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Super Power Levels

悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:23 am

emperior wrote:It’s been a while since I last did a list of my own. The new movie sparked up my interest in trying a numeric power levels list because of the few, yet interesting and appropriate, power levels readings it has.
I found my old list and completed it with Tournament of Power power levels (following the anime) and I also tried my hand at the new movie’s power levels.
There may be a few errors here and there: it’s probably too ambitious to try such a difficult list and many of you might completely disagree with some of the numbers I came up with, as I tried to stay as low as possible for convenience reasons.
The multipliers for the God forms being so low are due to their performance throughout Super and how easily other characters have managed to catch up to the new forms. I believe that the movies of Battle of Gods and Resurrection “F” gave the impressions that the new forms were really incredibly overpowered, while the TV show didn’t really treat them as such. I thank everyone who takes the time to read through this incredibly long list!

Multipliers
Oozaru - 10x
Super Saiyan (SSJ) - 50x
Super Saiyan 2 (SSJ2) - 100x
Super Saiyan 3 (SSJ3) - 400x
Super Saiyan God (SSG) - 1,000x
Super Saiyan Blue (SSB) - 2,000x

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Super Power Levels

There are errors here and there in z, and super is totally not ok due to a logial failure at the top with god multipliers , but the work is OK to be a first time try. My first time trying figuring out power levels went a lot worse honestly. If you want help to get better pm me, I'll enjoy doing it

Vertical
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vertical » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:29 pm

p-hyvo wrote:There are errors here and there in z, and super is totally not ok due to a logial failure at the top with god multipliers , but the work is OK to be a first time try. My first time trying figuring out power levels went a lot worse honestly. If you want help to get better pm me, I'll enjoy doing it
You could simply point out what you believe to be an error, and why, right here in the topic. Most people are posting for feedback.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:12 pm

Vertical wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:There are errors here and there in z, and super is totally not ok due to a logial failure at the top with god multipliers , but the work is OK to be a first time try. My first time trying figuring out power levels went a lot worse honestly. If you want help to get better pm me, I'll enjoy doing it
You could simply point out what you believe to be an error, and why, right here in the topic. Most people are posting for feedback.
There are too many things, it is better to talk slowly in pm for this kind of corrections

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:53 pm

emperior wrote:list
Your DBZ numbers seem pretty good, though I do have a few issues.
1. Any particular reason why the earthlings jumped from 2~3 million to 9~10 million between the start and end of the Cell arc?
2. Given that Bobbidi said the energy Yamu and Spopovich stole (exclusively from Gohan) was less than half of what they needed to revive Boo, I don't think Fat Boo would be exactly twice the strength of SSj2 Gohan. Something closer to 7~8 billion seems more appropriate.
3. I understand that using the full 400x boost for SSj3 Gotenks might've inflated the list too much, but lowering the boost to 100x for him seems excessive. The compromise I would suggest going with the idea that, while SSj3 Gotenks' maximum ki output would still be 400x normal, because (A) Super Saiyan 3 is a massive ki waster, and (B) Gotenks isn't very experienced using the form, he can't actually access Super Saiyan 3's full strength. Maybe it's only multiplying his power by 150 or 200. But either way, it should still provide a bigger boost than Super Saiyan 2.
4. This is the only thing on your list that I'd consider an outright flaw. Goku was able to send everyone at God's Temple (including Vegeta and Trunks) into panic mode just by uncorking half of his power. Based on that, at full power FPSSj Goku and Gohan should have more than twice the amount of ki that Vegeta and Trunks had at Grade 2.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:00 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
emperior wrote:list
Your DBZ numbers seem pretty good, though I do have a few issues.
1. Any particular reason why the earthlings jumped from 2~3 million to 9~10 million between the start and end of the Cell arc?
2. Given that Bobbidi said the energy Yamu and Spopovich stole (exclusively from Gohan) was less than half of what they needed to revive Boo, I don't think Fat Boo would be exactly twice the strength of SSj2 Gohan. Something closer to 7~8 billion seems more appropriate.
3. I understand that using the full 400x boost for SSj3 Gotenks might've inflated the list too much, but lowering the boost to 100x for him seems excessive. The compromise I would suggest going with the idea that, while SSj3 Gotenks' maximum ki output would still be 400x normal, because (A) Super Saiyan 3 is a massive ki waster, and (B) Gotenks isn't very experienced using the form, he can't actually access Super Saiyan 3's full strength. Maybe it's only multiplying his power by 150 or 200. But either way, it should still provide a bigger boost than Super Saiyan 2.
4. This is the only thing on your list that I'd consider an outright flaw. Goku was able to send everyone at God's Temple (including Vegeta and Trunks) into panic mode just by uncorking half of his power. Based on that, at full power FPSSj Goku and Gohan should have more than twice the amount of ki that Vegeta and Trunks had at Grade 2.
1. The only reason, to be honest, is so that they could sort of keep up with the base forms of the Saiyans and to justify them not being killed by the Cell Jrs. I shall probably fix it next time though, as I agree with you in that it doesn’t make much sense for them to power-up that much without any training.
2. I wanted to stay lower, but re-reading the list now I agree with you, I can probably make Buu a little stronger to make more sense with what’s stated in the manga and that wouldn’t change my numbers later on.
3. I got to work around Gotenks’ power a little. Maybe I should make Goten and Trunks a little weaker, to have some better multipliers as I agree, SS3 being a 100x boost seems way too low. I also think I can probably inflate the list a little more there, as it wouldn’t change things much especially with how strong Ultimate Gohan has shown to be at his full power in Super.
4. When Goku transforms in front of Korin I assume two things: that Vegeta and company know Goku has achieved the Grade form as they did, and that they can indeed feel that Goku is still holding out a lot of power. In that case his ki would have skyrocketed to 750 millions with no signs to stop, and I believe it’s reasonable to assume they knew that Goku suddenly stopped because of the dangers of powering up at full power right there etcetera
I can *probably* fix that too the next time I edit my list though, as I acknowledge there are too many assumptions in this case, that I may just have to try and re-work things a bit so it’s less based on assumptions and more on actual facts.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:50 am

Official power comparison between Gohan-Boo and SS3 Goku.

Interesting that Shueisha is revisiting those old debacles.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Official power comparison between Gohan-Boo and SS3 Goku.

Interesting that Shueisha is revisiting those old debacles.
Have i to be honest? That's bullshit.
Vjump hasn't got the right to change what toriyama wrote in the manga itself, plus we know that kanzenshuu isn't accountable while talking of power levels

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Yeah, I have a very strong suspicion that illicit and powerful drugs were a factor in the writing of that new V-Jump bit.

Anything even close to that would only be possible in Toei's Magical Kingdom of Imagination where "Schrodinger's Goku" is somehow both weaker and stronger than Evil Boo simultaneously.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:54 pm

p-hyvo wrote:Vjump hasn't got the right to change what toriyama wrote in the manga itself, plus we know that kanzenshuu isn't accountable while talking of power levels
V-Jump is published by Shueisha, Dragon Ball’s owner. They can do whatever they want with it.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:Vjump hasn't got the right to change what toriyama wrote in the manga itself, plus we know that kanzenshuu isn't accountable while talking of power levels
V-Jump is published by Shueisha, Dragon Ball’s owner. They can do whatever they want with it.
They can't change what toriyama wrote, boy. The manga is the manga

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:55 pm

p-hyvo wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
They can't change what toriyama wrote, boy. The manga is the manga
You’re talking to a lawyer. This is something very common in my country as I think it is in Japan. Toriyama worked for Shueisha as a service provider, but he doesn’t own the product in anyway, as it is written in their contract. The company has the authority to disregard what he says and tell what counts and not. If by any chance the author disagrees with the company and judicialize the matter, there are tons of decisions on favor of the company. There is little to no chance that the worker wins this.

SuperSaiyanMastaDon

Post by SuperSaiyanMastaDon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:07 am

Dragonball Power Levels

Kid Goku Saga

Puar .001
Oolong .002
Bulma .003
(Farmer .005)
(Hercule .007)
(Videl .008)
(Bob Sapp .010)
Pterodactyl .012
Bear Bandit .015
Krillin .020
Goku W/o Tail .024
Yamcha .027
Goku W/ Tail .030
Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist .030
Gyumao .050
Muten Roshi .075
Oozaru Goku .300

21st Tenkaichi Budokai

Orin Temple Bullies .025
Yamcha .032
Bacterian .035
Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist .035
Krillin (Initial) .037
Jackie Chun (Initial) .040
Giran .045
Krillin (Full Power) .050
Goku (W/o Tail) .055
Namu .070
Jackie Chun (Full Power) .075
Goku (W/Tail) .075
Jackie/Goku's Kamehameha .100
Power Weighted Jackie Chun .500
Oozaru Goku .750
Power Weighted Jackie's Kamehameha 1.000

Red Ribbon Army Saga

Colonel Silver .035
Ninja Murasaki .045
Kuririn .050
Pirate Robot .060
Bora .065
General Blue .070
Sergeant Metallic .075
Goku (Muscle Tower) .080
Black .090
Goku (Post Muscle Tower) .100
Android 8 .125
Tao Pai Pai (Initial) .160
Tao Pai Pai (Full Power) .180
Goku (Post Korin Training) .205
Korin .250

Urania Baba's Tournament

Dracula Man .024
Invisible Man .028
Yamcha .032
Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist .035
Krillin .050
Mummy .080
Goku (Initial) .120
Akkuman .135
Goku (Powered Up) .160
Gohan .200
Goku (Full Power) .205

Flashback

Goku .030
Gohan .200
Oozaru Goku .300

22nd Tenkaichi Budokai

King Chappa .225
Chaozu .250
Yamcha .250
Tien (Initial) .250
Krillin .260
Goku (Initial) .275
Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist (v2) .300
Tien (Power Up 1) .310
Yamcha's Kamehameha .333
Goku (Powered Up) .375
Tien (Power Up 2) .375
Jackie Chun (Initial) .375
Tsuru .400
Jackie Chun (Powered Up) .425
Tien (Power Up 3) .425
Jackie Chun (Full Power, Unseen) .525
Goku (Max Match Level) .550
Tien (Power Up 4) .550
Tien (Full Power) .750
Goku (Battle Level) .775
Tien's Kikoho 1.250

The Great Demon King Piccolo Saga

Krillin .260
Goku (Fatigued) .500
Tambourine .600
Yajirobe .750
Goku (Initial) .800
King Piccolo (Initial) .850
Goku (Zenkai) .900
Goku's Kamehameha 1.200
Goku (Zenkai) 1.500
King Piccolo (Less than Half) 2.400
King Piccolo (Full Power, Unseen) 6.000

King Piccolo Saga (Flashback)

Tsuru .800
Roshi .800
Master Mutaito 1.000
King Piccolo 9.000

King Piccolo Saga Part 2

Tien .750
Drum 1.250
King Piccolo (Initial) 9.000
Goku (Initial) 10.000
King Piccolo (Full Power) 14.500
Goku (Full Power) 15.000

Meeting God

Goku (Fatigued) 10.000
Goku (Zenkai) 17.500
Popo 35.000
Kami 75.000

23rd Tenkaichi Budokai

Cyborg Tao Pai Pai 9.000
Yamcha 10.500
Krillin 11.000
Piccolo Jr. (Initial) 12.500
Piccolo Jr. (Powered Up) 15.000
Shen (Initial) 15.000
Goku (W/Weights, Speed) 15.000
Tien (Speed) 15.000
Goku (W/Weights Power) 18.000
Tien (Power) 18.000
Goku (W/o Weights) 24.000
Shen 60.000
Kami 75.000
Piccolo Jr. (Severely Damaged) 90.000
Piccolo Jr. (Power Up 3) 100.000
Goku (Powered Up) 100.000
Piccolo Jr. (Full Power) 300.000
Goku (Full Power) 300.000
Goku's Super Kamehameha 450.000

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:25 pm

An all inclusive list that tries to take every source into account.

DBZ

Super Saiyan=[50xBase]
Super Saiyan Grade 2=[70xBase]
Super Saiyan Grade 3=[700xBase]
Super Saiyan 2=[100xBase]
Super Saiyan 3=[400xBase]
Fusion Multiplier=[Vegito=A+B(70,000)]/[Gotenks=A+B(2.75)]/[Kibito Kai=A+B(2)]

Saiyan Arc
Namek Arc
Android & Cell Arc
Boo Arc

GT

Super Saiyan=[50xBase]
Golden Great Ape=[500xBase]
Super Saiyan 4=[4,000xBase]/[100,000xBase When Beyond Limits]
Golden Great Ape Baby=[10x Strongest Form 2]
Fusion Multiplier=[Gogeta=A+B(75,000)]

Black Star Dragon Ball Arc
Baby Arc
Super 17 Arc
Shadow Dragons Arc

Dragon Ball Super

Super Saiyan=[50xBase]
Super Saiyan 2=[100xBase]/[400xBase for Future Trunks]
Quake of Fury=[100,000,000xBase]
Super Saiyan God=[6,000,000,000xBase]
Super Saiyan Blue=[6,720,000,000xBase]/[6,850,000,000xBase After Goku's Rage Boost]/[7,500,000,000xBase After Goku and Vegeta's final trip to the future]
Super Saiyan Blue Evolution=[8,400,000,000xBase]/[150,000,000,000xBase After Vegeta breaks his limits against Toppo]
Golden Frieza=[6,800,000,000xFinal form]/[219,375,000xFinal Form After Frieza's training in Hell]
Super Saiyan Rose=[50xBase]
Super Saiyan Grade 3=[700xBase]
Super Saiyan Rage=[6,400,000,000xBase]
Super Saiyan(Controlled)=[57,500xBase]
Super Saiyan Berserker=[500,000xBase]
Super Saiyan Berserker 2=[1,000,000xBase]
Barrier of Light=[1.85xMerged Zamasu]
Light of Justice=[643,000xMerged Zamasu]
Ultra Instinct=[7,000,000,000,000,000,000xBase]/[10,000,000,000,000,000,000xBase After Goku powers up during his fight with Jiren]
Fusion Multiplier=[Gotenks=A+B(2.75)]/[Vegito=A+B(4,175,000,000)]/[Merged Zamasu=A+B(1.055)]/[Kefla=A+B(6,965,000,000)]

God of Destruction Beerus Arc
Golden Frieza Arc
Universe 6 Arc
Future Trunks Arc
Universe Survival Arc

Movies

Super Saiyan=[50xBase]
Super Saiyan Grade 2=[70xBase]
Cooler's Fifth Form=[40xFourth Form]
Legendary Super Saiyan=[300xBase]
Wrathful Broly=[8,800,000,000xbase]
Full Power Super Saiyan Broly=[60,000,000,000,000,000,000xbase]
Super Saiyan Blue=[7,500,000,000xBase]
Golden Frieza=[219,375,000xFinal Form]
Fusion Multiplier=[Gotenks=A+B(2.75)]/[Gogeta=A+B(70,000)/[Gogeta(DB Super)=A+B(4,175,000,000)]

Movie 5
Movie 6
Movie 7
Movie 8
Movie 9
Movie 10
Movie 12
Movie 13
History of Trunks
DB Super: Broly

DB Heroes

Super Saiyan=[50xBase]
Super Saiyan Blue=[7,500,000,000xBase]
Golden Cooler=[75,000,000xFinal Form]
Golden Great Ape=[500xBase]
Super Saiyan 4=[100,000xBase]
Super Saiyan Rage=[6,400,000,000xBase]
Super Fu=[50xBase]
Ultra Instinct=[180,000,000,000,000,000,000xBase]
Fusion Multiplier=[Vegito=A+B(4,175,000,000)]/[Vegito Xeno=A+B(3,600,000,000,000)]

Prison Planet Arc

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:43 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:An all inclusive list that tries to take every source into account.

<Ridiculously massive list snipped from quote by moderator>

I see multiple errors in the multipliers :
In gt, ssj is x2
In gt, ssj4 is x100 ssj3 in base state, thing backed up in gtpf where baby's forms functioning is thought to us
Ssb is multiple times ssg no matter what, is much more than you gave it .
Many multipliers are uncomfortable to use
In the power levels I saw, more than often you end up with uncomfortable numbers
Metamor's multiplier is wrong, the many implies that ssj gotenks≥goku ssj3 and you have him a lot lower instead
Gt is completely wrong in it's totality

I didn't read the whole list, but I noticed that errors. I hope I've prooven to be useful to you, If you want more in depth advices pm me, I'd help you for sure.
If I sounded aggressive , just know I didn't meant to, all I wanted is to correct you