One thing I don't get about fusion!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brogeta

One thing I don't get about fusion!

Post by Brogeta » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:34 pm

How is possible the clothes change? I just don't get it. I know it's a minor nitpick. But still....I mean Vegito it makes sense because the clothes fuse into one too. But Gotenks and Gogeta...where does the vest come from and the pants too? I know I'm reading to much into it but still...

Is there some in universe reason for this?

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: One thing I don't get about fusion!

Post by Rubens » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm

The clothing that results from the metamoran fusion technique - in other words, the "dancing" fusion - are the traditional metamoran garb wore by those people, who Goku mentioned to have met in the afterlife and learned the technique from.

Edit: I know that in the manga Goku mentions that bit of meeting metamorans in the otherworld and learning fusion from them but there's nothing about the clothes as far as I know.

The clothes being some kind of a "traditional metamoran garb" was said either in an interview or in some guide... I'll try to find the source unless someone beats me to it.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:33 pm

The Metamoru fusion clothes come from the Metamorans as already stated. Also, Potara fusion doesn't fully merge clothes, it just takes one of the fusees clothes and recolor it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:57 pm

It's just a different kind of "magic", metamoran magic that gives the user metamoran clothes

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm

mute_proxy wrote:It's just a different kind of "magic", metamoran magic that gives the user metamoran clothes
So it's like you have a piece of software (Fusion) and then you have the brand of the people that make it (the clothes). Good thing they don't have to pay royalties!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:21 pm

And they sort of fixed the fact that everyone doing their type of fusion is supposed to have the same clothes, including in colors.
With the canon version of Gogeta, it is clearly shown that Gogeta isn't supposed to have other colors than those of Gotenks, they both have the exact same clothes with the same colors, no variations.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:36 pm

Cold Skin wrote:And they sort of fixed the fact that everyone doing their type of fusion is supposed to have the same clothes, including in colors.
If anything, all fused characters having the same colors are actually bizarre. I don't think all Metamoruseijins wore the same clothes with the same colors. That said, naturally the fused characters cannot wear clothes with the same colors at least.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:45 pm

^ Oh, you're right, Gotenks' jacket is actually blue in the anime as opposed to black in the color manga!
It was so cool seeing the normal belt and shoulder pads for Gogeta that I didn't even notice he does have a subtly different color jacket! Well then, I guess we're back to "there's a weird color variation", but at least it's more subtle than those awful orange shoulder pads!

I guess the predetermined clothes from the Matemorians have a slightly different jacket depending on the size of the clothes. Anyway, it doesn't explain how the fusion magically materializes the clothes of the people who invented it. Or the fact that specific movements for similar characters with similar strength makes that the universe fuses them. :)

So, we'll never have a real scientific answer as to how this all works and how this was even either discovered or set across all the universe and all races by the Metamorians. So a color variation is just a detail, especially when it's barely noticeable.

More importantly: goodbye ugly orange shoulder pads! 8)

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:40 am

The programming analogy is how I've always assumed magic spells work in general. The universe is like software, and the magic user in question has programmed a certain outcome into the software that is accessed via a certain command. In this case, the metamorans used magic to make it so that dancing a certain way will fuse two beings together and give them special metamoran clothing.