Tournament of Power Game: How will it be?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Tournament of Power Game: How will it be?

Post by Waluigiman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Do you think it will be possible to make a videogame adaption of the Tournament of Power that is faithful to its source? I think it will be smash bros like if its not going to be like Xenoverse but with no flight.
Here is what I think it will be a problem if they try to make it accurate:
Some characters will be hard to make: Damon is too small(unless if they give him the power to size shift), Gamisaras' invisibility may be an issue (unless the give him an actual design or have him look like a transparent silhoutte). There are giant characters which for some reason the game developers will usually avoid making them playable.

the majority of the characters are too underdeveloped: We pretty much don't know their abilities or personalities and stuff like that to the point some don't even deserve to be called characters.

It may not have other characters that were not invited to the tournament: That can be fixed by having them as unlockables so you can have what if Yamcha/Goten/Trunks/ Buu were invited to the tournament of power stories.

I want to see if you are creative enough to counter any issues.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Tournament of Power Game: How will it be?

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:00 pm

I have always believed that it would be a good idea, there are a lot of characters in the tournament, with fighting styles and skills totally different from the traditional so it would be fun to see it

they can also create a different story to some characters that are little known

and characters that could not be in the tournament having them as unlockables

Goku Black, Gotenks, Mr Buu, Future trunks, Vegito and Broly (Super) and the story mode could change a lot depending on the character you choose

the only problem maybe is that the scenarios could not vary much maybe only the color of the sky and the exhibition tournament

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am

I had an idea for a game like this but it would be more of a strategy game that focused on creating and building your team.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I had an idea for a game like this but it would be more of a strategy game that focused on creating and building your team.
A strategy game? To what existing game can it be compared too? That's something I want to know.

Is it going to be like: Example, You play as universe 9 and instead of attacking Goku and Vegeta inmideately, you decide to attack everyone else who is not aware of your abilities and hope that Goku gets weaker from fighting someone strong?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Waluigiman wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I had an idea for a game like this but it would be more of a strategy game that focused on creating and building your team.
A strategy game? To what existing game can it be compared too? That's something I want to know.

Is it going to be like: Example, You play as universe 9 and instead of attacking Goku and Vegeta inmideately, you decide to attack everyone else who is not aware of your abilities and hope that Goku gets weaker from fighting someone strong?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40564
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:16 pm

Probably something akin to Super Smash Bros.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Tai Lung wrote:I have always believed that it would be a good idea, there are a lot of characters in the tournament, with fighting styles and skills totally different from the traditional so it would be fun to see it

Goku Black, Gotenks, Mr Buu, Future trunks, Vegito and Broly (Super) and the story mode could change a lot depending on the character you choose

the only problem maybe is that the scenarios could not vary much maybe only the color of the sky and the exhibition tournament
The bulk of which was never displayed :S

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:27 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:I have always believed that it would be a good idea, there are a lot of characters in the tournament, with fighting styles and skills totally different from the traditional so it would be fun to see it

like many characters from the movies or the series fasha, zangya, appule but in xenoverse and videogames invent new skills

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Waluigiman wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40564
Sounds fun, I wonder how likely it will be to make a game based of it.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

like many characters from the movies or the series fasha, zangya, appule but in xenoverse and videogames invent new skills
except many just end up being generic energy blast, full power energy wave.

I'd like Toriyama an Toyotaro's notes to give someone of them more interesting stuff.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:45 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

I'd like Toriyama an Toyotaro's notes to give someone of them more interesting stuff.
you do not necessarily have for example in the anime
-poison - lavender
-ray or electricity - ganos
-black hole - Rabanra, Zarbuto, Zirloin
-fire - Chappil
-spiderwed-Oregano
-wash - maggeta
-Freezing to absolute zero - hyssop
- illusions - Dercori
-sniper -Hermila
-Dimensions creation - cocotte
-Body Manipulation - maji kayo
-superspeed - dyspo
toyotaro has shown me that he does not have the slightest bit of creativity with his version of the tournament

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:

-poison - lavender
-fire - Chappil
-spiderwed-Oregano
-wash - maggeta
- illusions - Dercori
-sniper -Hermila
-superspeed - dyspo
toyotaro has shown me that he does not have the slightest bit of creativity with his version of the tournament
yeah but those were shown. What about people like the Preecho?

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:20 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

-poison - lavender
-fire - Chappil
-spiderwed-Oregano
-wash - maggeta
- illusions - Dercori
-sniper -Hermila
-superspeed - dyspo
I already said they can invent skills

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
-poison - lavender
-fire - Chappil
-spiderwed-Oregano
-wash - maggeta
- illusions - Dercori
-sniper -Hermila
-superspeed - dyspo
And I'm not disagreeing, but most games that do this just give generic moves, as I said.

Ideally Id like at least one of the two between Toriyama or Toyotaro to give some ideas.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:02 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
And I'm not disagreeing, but most games that do this just give generic moves, as I said.

Ideally Id like at least one of the two between Toriyama or Toyotaro to give some ideas.
I repeat if you did not give them any skill in the manga, I do not know what makes you believe that you will give them now?

well maybe toriyama

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 am

Tai Lung wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:

I repeat if you did not give them any skill in the manga, I do not know what makes you believe that you will give them now?

well maybe toriyama
.... I don't know if we're communicating well, but as I have said, sometimes the games give characters moves they do not demonstrate, such as Zangya being able to shoot electricity in Butoden 2, or Raditz using his fire spin dash in the GBA games.

Some of the characters in games get given moves they dont display, such as yamcha and krillin having kaioken or goku getting gohan's ultimate form.

It's not out there to suggest we can't make moves for them, or that Toriyama may have some ideas of his own. For one, Murichim has a barrier move in the manga he doesnt show in the anime, but then look at Toppo not getting a full god form in the manga.

In fact, some fighter profiles for the TOP have notes they dont display: Nigirishi has stealth tech but we dont see that really get used, one of the guys in Universe 10 is meant to be a yoga based fighter, so you can work some mysticism in with that.

I will repeat: The games can invent moves, though generally, I would prefer, if this were to be the case, that these moves have ideas coming right from the original creator

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:49 am

Half the characters lack moveset material or even combo material and more than half of the characters no body cares about. Especially if we get those characters over staple characters like Cell, Bardock, Broly, Black, Zamasu, Kid Buu, etc
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:56 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

well maybe toriyama
.... I don't know if we're communicating well, but as I have said, sometimes the games give characters moves they do not demonstrate, such as Zangya being able to shoot electricity in Butoden 2, or Raditz using his fire spin dash in the GBA games.

Some of the characters in games get given moves they dont display, such as yamcha and krillin having kaioken or goku getting gohan's ultimate form.

It's not out there to suggest we can't make moves for them, or that Toriyama may have some ideas of his own. For one, Murichim has a barrier move in the manga he doesnt show in the anime, but then look at Toppo not getting a full god form in the manga.

In fact, some fighter profiles for the TOP have notes they dont display: Nigirishi has stealth tech but we dont see that really get used, one of the guys in Universe 10 is meant to be a yoga based fighter, so you can work some mysticism in with that.

I will repeat: The games can invent moves, though generally, I would prefer, if this were to be the case, that these moves have ideas coming right from the original creator
good in that I agree

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:07 pm

I would adore a SSB like DB game

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:04 am

SSJmole wrote:I would adore a SSB like DB game
Well, in 2D there's been Battle Stadium D.O.N, Jump Ultimate Stars, and also in 3D (behind the shoulder) - J-Stars Victory VS+ and Jump Force, for example.

It's a shame Battle Stadium D.O.N. never got a Western release as I played the hell out of that.