What if Buu absorbed Gohan first?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

What if Buu absorbed Gohan first?

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:51 pm

So, I am rewatching the Buu arc and wondering what if Buu absorbed Gotenks AFTER absorbing Gohan. That is Gohan Buu+Gotenks Buu, would've Buu in those 5 minutes been strong enough to make Vegito go SS2? or would've Super Vegito still been enough? I do think Vegito should start as a SS and not in base. Would've Buu been able to properly absorb Super Vegito before the dance fusion ended?

And if Beerus showed up immediately afterwards, would've Vegito Buu been a challenge as SSGod was?

What do you guys think?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: What if Buu absorbed Gohan first?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 pm

If this is the anime then I still say Base Vegetto opens a can of whoopass on Boohantenks. Base Vegetto never actually struggled against Boohan and feigned weakness or any serious effort to make it seem as though Boohan was still strong. Once they spared, Boohan was unable to keep up with Base Vegetto and a casual final kamehameha from Vegetto destroyed half of Boohan's body. At best, Boohantenks is on par with Base Vegetto IMO.
As for absorbing Vegetto, I doubt Boogetto could fight as well as SSJG Goku did. I'd place Base Goku after the ritual as being on par with Base Vegetto, Goku of course having SSJG so he'd have the advantage of one more form over Vegetto(if Vegetto could use SSJ3).
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:37 am

Ssj vegetto is still enough, but maybe he would need ssj2 to stop buu's vice shout in that particular occasion

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:23 am

He needed SS1 to fight (probably any form of) Buu in the manga. I'd say he might need ss2 to win this.

I think he could win without it 10/10 times , perhaps not being able to overpower his regen?

The issue is that Veggetto wanted to own Buu so badly he accepted absorption was the only way out.

Perhaps in this case he'd put up enough of a fight that he would keep trying until Vegito unfused. Whereupon the saiyans would either be speed blitzed or teleport away...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:19 am

SSJ Vegetto from the manga wasn't giving Buuhan the opportunity to land a blow on him then deride him for the futility of the effort as, say, Piccolo Daimao did with Goku in their first battle. I have no doubt that he was in a different league than Buuhan, but if you look closely at a number of Vegetto's facial expressions as he was physically retaliating against Buu, it does seem like he had to exert some effort.

I actually believe Buuhantenks or whatever you want to call him would be strong enough to bridge the gap that exists between himself and SSJ Vegetto. These two would be more or less deadlocked with each other until Gotenks either defuses inside of Buu or Vegetto decides to ascend to SSJ2. Vegetto is still poised to win this fight. Buuhantenks's only hope would be to cripple Vegetto early on before he can ascend or before Gotenks defused -- even then, if worst comes to worst, Vegetto transforms into SSJ3 and repeats the whole domination process over again. Although since SSJ3 has a severe stamina cost attached to itself, maybe Buuhan can hold out long enough for Vegetto to exhaust himself; that is if Vegetto for some reason doesn't have the sense to kill Buuhan quickly.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:30 pm

Lionel wrote:SSJ Vegetto from the manga wasn't giving Buuhan the opportunity to land a blow on him then deride him for the futility of the effort as, say, Piccolo Daimao did with Goku in their first battle. I have no doubt that he was in a different league than Buuhan, but if you look closely at a number of Vegetto's facial expressions as he was physically retaliating against Buu, it does seem like he had to exert some effort.

I actually believe Buuhantenks or whatever you want to call him would be strong enough to bridge the gap that exists between himself and SSJ Vegetto. These two would be more or less deadlocked with each other until Gotenks either defuses inside of Buu or Vegetto decides to ascend to SSJ2. Vegetto is still poised to win this fight. Buuhantenks's only hope would be to cripple Vegetto early on before he can ascend or before Gotenks defused -- even then, if worst comes to worst, Vegetto transforms into SSJ3 and repeats the whole domination process over again. Although since SSJ3 has a severe stamina cost attached to itself, maybe Buuhan can hold out long enough for Vegetto to exhaust himself; that is if Vegetto for some reason doesn't have the sense to kill Buuhan quickly.
Ssj vegito >>>>buuhan
Ssj2 >>>>buuhantenks
Idk Its murkey waters were exploring here. First off base vegito rocks buuhans shit, but it's not in manga. If that fight was in the manga it would been great since that fight was fun to watch and cathertic as shit seeing by who has killed Vegeta Gohan trunks goten piccolo and committed global Armageddon . This situation was dire and Vegeta and Goku were both about to die against buuhan before they fused . What complicates things is that in the manga once they fused vegito turns ssj. The fight then proceeds similiar in the manga than in the anime. I really believe base vegito could have beaten buuhan no problem probably worst case for the heros like the ssj goku 100 percent frieza fight. No one gets tired in their base forms when you have an edge or at least it's more difficult. We see this in stall tactics the hero manages to avoid a fatel blow while conserving enough stamina not to pass out, very much like Vegeta against kid Buu . Vegito could have grinded super Buu into dust eventually. Super Buu did seem to have stamina problems and once Gotenks is expired so is Buu. Honestly I could see base vegito completely dominating buuhantenks as well . I mean anime base vegito is at least 5 times stronger than buuhan. I would thing manga vegito has to be at least twice buuhan . Ssj was problemly used as a contingency plan considering how dire the situation was . They had no room for error here if they lose or get absorbed or even turned into candy everyone dies . I feel like the ssj transformation was totally to avoid the candy beam . It could in his mind give him just enough reaction time to avoid that. So in conclusion I have base vegito >> buuhan
Base vegito >buuhantenks

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:21 am

Buu doesn't really need to surpass Vegetto, he just needs to be close enough that his candy beam will render Vegetto helpless. I assume the only reason that Vegetto maintained control of himself after being turned to candy was because of their immense difference in power, so if the difference was considerably smaller it may have been enough to defeat Vegetto right then and there.