DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:23 pm

I'm actually a little sad there wasn't some kind of Goku Black arc reference, either with Trunks/Bulma saying it's safe now only for us to see him watching them from afar, or for Trunks to say something like 'with the world at peace, I can finally let loose! Maybe I'll even die my hair blue!' or some sort of reference, but ah well. :P

As far as the top fights countdown goes, I'm glad at least that it was Goku, Gohan, Krillin, and Yajirobe V.S. Vegeta that made the win and not just Goku V.S. Vegeta specifically, but overall...eh. It's a great fight, don't get me wrong, but it's almost too expected to be at the top of most people's lists nowadays. My personal pick for #1 would have been the #2 pick (which I was super happy to see it get there at least), Goku V.S. Piccolo at the tournament.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm actually a little sad there wasn't some kind of Goku Black arc reference, either with Trunks/Bulma saying it's safe now only for us to see him watching them from afar, or for Trunks to say something like 'with the world at peace, I can finally let loose! Maybe I'll even die my hair blue!' or some sort of reference, but ah well. :P
I was expecting some kind of "Zeno erased the timeline" reference when Trunks was reflecting about how everything was finally over, but alas.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:06 pm

No joke about how the old guy looked like Dr. Wily?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Looks like every video from TFS from now on will have a "We Don't like Jiren" segment.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:22 pm

YamiGoku wrote:Looks like every video from TFS from now on will have a "We Don't like Jiren" segment.
Jiren is the new Broly in terms of TFS I guess.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:51 pm

What a great Christmas present! :lol:

Thanks TFS and Happy Holidays! :wave:

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:48 am

A Goku Black/blue hair joke would have been too obvious. The *actual* Super reference they put in was way funnier because it came out of nowhere.

I'm torn between Bulma and Trunks attempting to lure Cell out, or the reprise of 'My Way' for my favourite gag. But also everything between Trunks and Bulma was gold. This was a great Christmas present, just 11 minutes of back-to-back gag humour. Well done and Merry Christmas TFS!

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Was Bojack supposed to be this years Christmas Special? I don't know if they hinted at it or we just assumed.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:54 pm

MarCas92 wrote:Was Bojack supposed to be this years Christmas Special? I don't know if they hinted at it or we just assumed.
They said early on that it would be the Epilogue for Christmas

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:19 pm

What comes next now; Bojack, the Other World Tournament, or something else?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:30 pm

MarCas92 wrote:Was Bojack supposed to be this years Christmas Special? I don't know if they hinted at it or we just assumed.
No. No one assumed but you, I guess, because they said the Trunks epilogue was gonna be out some time after Part 3 of episode 60 & I guess they decided to make it a Christmas release.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:What comes next now; Bojack, the Other World Tournament, or something else?
Lani discussed it during the Episode 60 Part 3 stream that he wanted to do something with the Otherworld Tournament & Bojack sometime next year & I think they formally announced that in one of their update videos in the last month. I expect Bojack may come for early Summer, then the Otherworld Tournament will probably be a double-length special either later in the Summer, or perhaps next Christmas. Don't quote me on those, though. That's just what I'm assuming is gonna happen.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:10 pm

What about Fist master and the other projects?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:44 pm

So finally have watched the epilogue and I really liked!

- Aoi Kaze no Hope is one of my favorite DB songs to date and it was really a nice touch the instrumental part on the beginning.

- I don't get the "grocery store" line

- It was funny that 18 said she prefer shorter man :lol: also what 17 had with Trunks's shirt? Didn't get that either.

- Laughed my ass of that "Is it... Goku Jr.?" :lol:

- Acting Bulma and Trunks was just genius! :clap:

- Did Trunks said it was anticlimatic because of... Black? Also was expecting "another" reference, but thank god you guys didn't push it. For me this is the true end of Future Trunks storyline, no matter what Super do.

Lord Beerus wrote:Not surprised Goku, Freeza and #17 vs Jiren made the top 3. Episodes 127 - 131 felt like such a war of a fight. With Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and #17 desperately trying to overcome the insane wall that was Jiren. And when they finally did it, holy shit, it was fucking amazing.

No doubt in my mind the final two spots will be Goku vs Freeza and then Goku vs Vegeta. Those are the quentesional fights of Dragon Ball. Those are the fights that people remember Dragon Ball in general for the most.
I thought they would kept Super out of this as they did it on their Villains list, the fights on Super last arc were better than the overall series, but they still lack the substance Z had.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:40 pm

Noah wrote:also what 17 had with Trunks's shirt? Didn't get that either.
Wife Beater is another term for a man's sleeveless vest or T-shirt and is in refence to spousal abuse i.e. hitting women/wife.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Wife Beater is another term for a man's sleeveless vest or T-shirt and is in refence to spousal abuse i.e. hitting women/wife.
Oh I see... What about the "grocery store"?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Noah wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Wife Beater is another term for a man's sleeveless vest or T-shirt and is in refence to spousal abuse i.e. hitting women/wife.
Oh I see... What about the "grocery store"?
I think what Trunks is referring to is that Bulma "bent the truth" about Vegeta so much that Trunks was not psychologically prepared to deal with what his father under any circumstances, even a short car trip to the store.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Noah wrote:So finally have watched the epilogue and I really liked!

- Aoi Kaze no Hope is one of my favorite DB songs to date and it was really a nice touch the instrumental part on the beginning.

- I don't get the "grocery store" line

- It was funny that 18 said she prefer shorter man :lol: also what 17 had with Trunks's shirt? Didn't get that either.

- Laughed my ass of that "Is it... Goku Jr.?" :lol:

- Acting Bulma and Trunks was just genius! :clap:

- Did Trunks said it was anticlimatic because of... Black? Also was expecting "another" reference, but thank god you guys didn't push it. For me this is the true end of Future Trunks storyline, no matter what Super do.

Lord Beerus wrote:Not surprised Goku, Freeza and #17 vs Jiren made the top 3. Episodes 127 - 131 felt like such a war of a fight. With Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and #17 desperately trying to overcome the insane wall that was Jiren. And when they finally did it, holy shit, it was fucking amazing.

No doubt in my mind the final two spots will be Goku vs Freeza and then Goku vs Vegeta. Those are the quentesional fights of Dragon Ball. Those are the fights that people remember Dragon Ball in general for the most.
I thought they would kept Super out of this as they did it on their Villains list, the fights on Super last arc were better than the overall series, but they still lack the substance Z had.
Super, despite its many shortcomings, at least had many good-to-great fights starting with Goku vs Hit in the U6 arc. Which is more than what can be said about GT, which had only one good fight in its whole run (Goku vs Nova Shenron).

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZe-LST0GXM TFS News. May i ask if that also means Ben/hbi2k wont voice characters anymore? Kinda shame, i loved his Nail :(
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:57 pm

Noah wrote: - Did Trunks said it was anticlimatic because of... Black? Also was expecting "another" reference, but thank god you guys didn't push it. For me this is the true end of Future Trunks storyline, no matter what Super do. .

in theory there is no end since the next events with buu, the story of trunks will always be left with holes

in part, it's the reason why the reference works here. the end is not the end. with or without zamasu
Noah wrote: I thought they would kept Super out of this as they did it on their Villains list, the fights on Super last arc were better than the overall series, but they still lack the substance Z had.
I consider that they are more creative than before (z) in many aspects, especially in detail at least in the TOP

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:10 pm

coola wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZe-LST0GXM TFS News. May I ask if that also means Ben/hbi2k wont voice characters anymore? Kinda shame, I loved his Nail :(
I mean, I don't think so, or at least I hope not. Only the guys can answer that. At most, he's stepping down as CEO of TFS due to creative differences & apparently won't be in the DND streams anymore. He still lives in Texas, though that shouldn't matter since they've all sent each other audio recordings over the internet for years. I'm hoping they at the very least keep him as part of the cast, since he plays a few characters that'll DEFINITELY show up again & I'm sure he won't mind at least doing that.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs