Things Super or a new series NEEDS to do

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Things Super or a new series NEEDS to do

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:53 am

I'd love to see more from Beerus, like his backstory, some old enemy from the past, maybe there was another candidate for the hakaishin job and he comes back, sort of SHiryu and that Oko dude from Saint Seiya. Some tough hakai thing he had to do. I don't know, I want to see him out of his confort zone for once

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:21 pm

1. First of all, it needs to go after the end of the manga. Sure, they can still take their time to build some things up with some light-hearted arcs about Goku and Vegeta visiting Sadala, training with the Saiyans there, training with Broly and Freeza building upon his empire more, but eventually things need to get there, or else Dragon Ball will keep being stuck in the past with an already established ending which only holds it back.
We would also get Uub as new addition to the main cast, we could see Goku in the shoes of a master, Goten and Trunks aged up and Bra and Pan also eventually doing something.

2. It needs a long, suspenseful and tense arc. I’m not talking about an arc like the Tournament of Power, which is of course very long but also just a big fighting event with not much of a story at all. I want a long, story-driven arc like the ones Toriyama used to do in the second portion of his manga, from the Saiyan arc onwards.

3. Character development. I get that Goku and Vegeta are basically fully developed characters, but Super has introduced so many new characters that it would be a waste not to develop them. And if Goku and Vegeta become masters themselves, that could be a way to develop them furthermore.

4. It needs to keep Shintani’s designs and the colors from Broly’s movie.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Koitsukai wrote:I'd love to see more from Beerus, like his backstory, some old enemy from the past, maybe there was another candidate for the hakaishin job and he comes back, sort of SHiryu and that Oko dude from Saint Seiya. Some tough hakai thing he had to do. I don't know, I want to see him out of his confort zone for once
A real Beerus saga would be a great idea.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:44 pm

1. Go pass the end of Z.

2. Raise the stakes.

3. Have Shintani and/or Takahashi as the main animator(s).

4. Add more truly evil and serious villains like Goku Black.

5. Hire a showrunner for the anime.

6. Make it a seasonal anime.

7. Have other characters besides just Goku & Vegeta be relevant for once. I like what the Super anime did with Future Trunks in the Black arc and Android 17 & Freeza in the ToP arc.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:27 pm

Forgot whether i posted on this or not.

Keep Shintani’s style.

Give the show at least 7 months of pre production.

Give Ishintani (the director/storyboarder of episode 131) more director/storyboarder roles for episodes

Hire a Chief/Head Writer who’s job is to keep consistency between the writing in each episode. Basically a Series Composer: https://blog.sakugabooru.com/glossary/s ... mposition/

Pass the End of Z. Adapt the Broly movie into a 13 episode arc and adapt the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc.

Explore more universes/stop having “Earth-contained” or “Universe 7-contained” arcs.
Last edited by AnimeNation101 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:37 pm

They really should go past the end of Z. The 10 year of supposed peace is ending up being the 10 years of the most action in the whole series, lmao. We can also raise the stakes if it's after Z since we know everything is fine by the time of the 28th budokai. We can also see what Uub's like, older Goten, Trunks, Pan, and Bulla, ect. They should also make sure the anime is consistently high quality.