"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:51 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
Rakurai wrote: Besides if Xeno Goku could teleport himself outta there, there's no reason to believe why CC Goku couldn't. Unless XGoku's ki sensing is superior but I highly doubt it.
See the problem is that in the manga, Goku: Xeno didn't use Shunkan Ido. Rather, Chronoa gave him and others in the Time Patrol, crystals that open portals and travel through time. It would defeat the purpose of Fu luring Goku and Vegeta to the Prison Planet if Goku could simply teleport away. The Prison Planet isn't located in the present but exists in a future timeline, so it's not just about teleporting to a different place but to a different time. We know this since Whis was unaware of any Prison Planet and then Fu responds that it doesn't exist yet in the present. In the anime, Goku simply teleported to Prison Planet which was wrong as he wouldn't be able to sense a ki in the future on a different planet. In the manga, Fu sliced a hole in space-time to go to Prison Planet that Goku and Vegeta followed. There was no Shunkan Ido used in the manga. The DBs wished the rest of them off the planet as well except Goku and Cumber. I'm sure that Hearts took Goku just like he did Cumber. He needs Goku to funnel more energy into the Universe Seed.
I am kind of surprised the likes of Vegito Blue: Kaioken, Super Saiyan 4 Vegito: Xeno, and Kanba didn't give enough of the necessary energy to complete the said Universe Seed of Hearts.
I dont think they were capable of gathering any of the energy since it seems they were trapped until they turned up to collect cumber. It might have been lost.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:38 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: I am kind of surprised the likes of Vegito Blue: Kaioken, Super Saiyan 4 Vegito: Xeno, and Kanba didn't give enough of the necessary energy to complete the said Universe Seed of Hearts.
It did say that Fu failed in his plan so it can be assumed that the Universe Seed was not complete. Fu didn't anticipate that the binding spell used to keep the Prison Planet together, would break. He wanted the fights to continue to get more energy. I mean, they are planning to use this seed to defeat the Omni King so it's got to be a lot of energy. Still, I find it hilarious that the energy to create a single universe is enough to defeat the Omni King when he has erased 12 universes simultaneously. I don't think one Omni King let alone 2 Omni Kings, will be defeated, but rather they might be sealed or trapped using that seed.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:44 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: I am kind of surprised the likes of Vegito Blue: Kaioken, Super Saiyan 4 Vegito: Xeno, and Kanba didn't give enough of the necessary energy to complete the said Universe Seed of Hearts.
It did say that Fu failed in his plan so it can be assumed that the Universe Seed was not complete. Fu didn't anticipate that the binding spell used to keep the Prison Planet together, would break. He wanted the fights to continue to get more energy. I mean, they are planning to use this seed to defeat the Omni King so it's got to be a lot of energy. Still, I find it hilarious that the energy to create a single universe is enough to defeat the Omni King when he has erased 12 universes simultaneously. I don't think one Omni King let alone 2 Omni Kings, will be defeated, but rather they might be sealed or trapped using that seed.
seems likely one will be trapped.

Though I wonder if this new universe they create will actually be under his power influence. Maybe that's the idea? make a 'negative universe' where he's powerless and kill him there?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:12 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:

Though I wonder if this new universe they create will actually be under his power influence. Maybe that's the idea? make a 'negative universe' where he's powerless and kill him there?
Nah, creating a universe doesn't change things that have already been created and exist outside it. In the picture that's been released, it shows 12 universes with a center crystal and a red ball inside that crystal. I believe the seed will be used to trap or seal the Omni King there. Still, it's amusing to think that's even possible but we have seen things like Mafuba seal people that are quite powerful. Not sure why the Dai Shinkan would sit idle while this would happen though. Then again, he was nowhere to be seen in the future timeline when Zamasu killed 12 Kaioshin.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:48 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:

Nah, creating a universe doesn't change things that have already been created and exist outside it. In the picture that's been released, it shows 12 universes with a center crystal and a red ball inside that crystal. I believe the seed will be used to trap or seal the Omni King there. Still, it's amusing to think that's even possible but we have seen things like Mafuba seal people that are quite powerful. Not sure why the Dai Shinkan would sit idle while this would happen though. Then again, he was nowhere to be seen in the future timeline when Zamasu killed 12 Kaioshin.
What I mean is, in Marvel as an example, Infinity Stones only work in their dimension of origin. You can't take them from the Ultimate Universe and then try to use them in the MCU, and characters like Dormamu are strongest in their own dimensions. I'm wondering if, since Zeno doesn't have anything to do with the birth of this universe they want to make, perhaps him being brought into that universe not of his own making would potentially dampen his power, or perhaps is designed with things in mind to negate or cripple his power to a stage that he can be killed conventionally? Like it negates his erase move?

Speaking of this seed, putting it at the core of the crystal with the universes sticking off gives me feelings of the world tree in norse mythology. I swear if hearts can turn into something viking looking we might have gone asian - abrahamic - norse in culture influences

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Referring to the anime (Especially since He hasn't appeared yet) I don't really think CC Goku could cause if that were the case why didn't he just do that back in the Future Zamasu Arc When the time machine was destroyed by Black? :o
Well in SDBH Ep. 1 that's literally what CC Goku did to arrive at the Prison Planet. It's most likely a plot hole created out of convenience but he's shown to be able to do it (again, only in the anime). And he doesn't have to teleport to another timeline, just somewhere not on the Prison Planet with a ki signature.
shadowfox87 wrote:
See the problem is that in the manga, Goku: Xeno didn't use Shunkan Ido. Rather, Chronoa gave him and others in the Time Patrol, crystals that open portals and travel through time. It would defeat the purpose of Fu luring Goku and Vegeta to the Prison Planet if Goku could simply teleport away. The Prison Planet isn't located in the present but exists in a future timeline, so it's not just about teleporting to a different place but to a different time. We know this since Whis was unaware of any Prison Planet and then Fu responds that it doesn't exist yet in the present. In the anime, Goku simply teleported to Prison Planet which was wrong as he wouldn't be able to sense a ki in the future on a different planet. In the manga, Fu sliced a hole in space-time to go to Prison Planet that Goku and Vegeta followed. There was no Shunkan Ido used in the manga. The DBs wished the rest of them off the planet as well except Goku and Cumber. I'm sure that Hearts took Goku just like he did Cumber. He needs Goku to funnel more energy into the Universe Seed.
In the manga we still don't know how XGoku & XVegeta got to the Prison Planet, and V4 is unaffected by the wish given he was left on the planet with Cumber & UI Goku. But if XGoku's SSJ4 transformation is so powerful that it affects time itself, he could very well gain the ability to travel through time via IT in that form.

In the main story (arcade), it's ambiguous as what means of travel CC Goku & co. used to get to the Prison Planet during UM1, all we know is that they simply tagged along with Fuu (but it's most likely he took them there himself). Later on in UM5, XGoku clearly says he'll teleport them outta there. Now we don't know exactly where but it doesn't have to be another timeline since he was just trying to get them out of the crumbling planet. But he could very well be able to travel through time via IT as well, since he is a Time Patroller after all.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Rakurai wrote: In the manga we still don't know how XGoku & XVegeta got to the Prison Planet, and V4 is unaffected by the wish given he was left on the planet with Cumber & UI Goku. But if XGoku's SSJ4 transformation is so powerful that it affects time itself, he could very well gain the ability to travel through time via IT in that form.

In the main story (arcade), it's ambiguous as what means of travel CC Goku & co. used to get to the Prison Planet during UM1, all we know is that they simply tagged along with Fuu (but it's most likely he took them there himself). Later on in UM5, XGoku clearly says he'll teleport them outta there. Now we don't know exactly where but it doesn't have to be another timeline since he was just trying to get them out of the crumbling planet. But he could very well be able to travel through time via IT as well, since he is a Time Patroller after all.
Actually we do know. In the last chapter of SDBH manga before the Prison Planet arc starts, the Time Patrol is given the crystals used to travel through time. It's through this that Goku: Xeno would be able to follow Fu as well as Vegeta: Xeno. It's not because he's SSJ4. That has nothing to do with it. The reason Cumber and Goku were left on the planet is the same reason that when everyone was wished off from Planet Namek, Goku stated that he wants to stay behind. It makes no sense to use Shunkan Ido to teleport out of the Prison Planet as that would require not just sensing a distant ki but sensing a ki in the past to reach Beerus's planet in the present. It's like saying that Goku can use IT to travel to the future which makes no sense at all. The manga makes sense. The anime doesn't.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Noitsnothim wrote: Referring to the anime (Especially since He hasn't appeared yet) I don't really think CC Goku could cause if that were the case why didn't he just do that back in the Future Zamasu Arc When the time machine was destroyed by Black? :o
Well in SDBH Ep. 1 that's literally what CC Goku did to arrive at the Prison Planet. It's most likely a plot hole created out of convenience but he's shown to be able to do it (again, only in the anime). And he doesn't have to teleport to another timeline, just somewhere not on the Prison Planet with a ki signature.
I don't think that is hard to explain what happened in the anime. Goku simply teletransported into the Prison Planet but he happened to appear in the exact same spot Fu was hanging out. Therefore, it stands to reason he locked on Fu's presence and once they arrived, Fu activated the seal in the planet to keep them there.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:58 am

shadowfox87 wrote: Actually we do know. In the last chapter of SDBH manga before the Prison Planet arc starts, the Time Patrol is given the crystals used to travel through time. It's through this that Goku: Xeno would be able to follow Fu as well as Vegeta: Xeno. It's not because he's SSJ4. That has nothing to do with it. The reason Cumber and Goku were left on the planet is the same reason that when everyone was wished off from Planet Namek, Goku stated that he wants to stay behind. It makes no sense to use Shunkan Ido to teleport out of the Prison Planet as that would require not just sensing a distant ki but sensing a ki in the past to reach Beerus's planet in the present. It's like saying that Goku can use IT to travel to the future which makes no sense at all. The manga makes sense. The anime doesn't.
Vegeta refused the time crystal. From my PoV, the implication is that they refused the time crystals to go back to their own era, and not even use them in general.

XGoku and XVegeta followed after Fuu but that doesn't mean they used the time crystals.

Why would it be necessary to teleport out of the timeline onto a different one? Ozotto simply wished himself out (and the others in the manga). XGoku canonically teleported the others out of the planet. But if that's the implication, then XGoku can travel between different timelines so long as he has a ki signature locked.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:30 am

So DB Super Trunks was giving a Super Saiyan 3 card for his Prison Planet outfit, but he doesn't appear to use it at all during the story.

Does he use it in the arcade version or any of the animated openings/advertisements?

I know he uses his 'Ikari' form in the openings, does he use that at all in the arcade?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:48 am

Saiga wrote:So DB Super Trunks was giving a Super Saiyan 3 card for his Prison Planet outfit, but he doesn't appear to use it at all during the story.

Does he use it in the arcade version or any of the animated openings/advertisements?

I know he uses his 'Ikari' form in the openings, does he use that at all in the arcade?
I think he's in his ikari form in the games. I was surprised they gave him 3 at first, but since it's not in the story it makes sense, theirs a lot of what if content they add regularly.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:05 am

Rakurai wrote: Vegeta refused the time crystal. From my PoV, the implication is that they refused the time crystals to go back to their own era, and not even use them in general.

XGoku and XVegeta followed after Fuu but that doesn't mean they used the time crystals.

Why would it be necessary to teleport out of the timeline onto a different one? Ozotto simply wished himself out (and the others in the manga). XGoku canonically teleported the others out of the planet. But if that's the implication, then XGoku can travel between different timelines so long as he has a ki signature locked.
They refused to go back to their own timeline because they want to finish the missions. Since Chronoa was trapped with Mechikabura, they had to do things on their own. There's no way to know whether or not they kept those crystals and used them for another purpose. That's what Time Patrol is - to travel through time and fix anomalies. The Prison Planet exists in a different timeline in the future, so that's why teleportation is not that simple to move from one point to the other. If they want to return to the past, they can't just teleport to the past. Locking on to a ki signature in the past or future, makes no sense. The manga makes sense as Goku: Xeno did not teleport out of the planet.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:43 am

So how does this game play? Is it a cardgame/board game and you need to time when you press a button?

From the trailer is really hard to understand. I like card games and I like Dragon Ball so I'm curious about this.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 am

LightBing wrote:So how does this game play? Is it a cardgame/board game and you need to time when you press a button?

From the trailer is really hard to understand. I like card games and I like Dragon Ball so I'm curious about this.
You buy cards (You get one from the machine every time you play, but I think you can buy packs too) to form a deck of five characters.

Copied from a reddit post on World Mission
There’s three attributes/types of cards called : Hero , Elite and Beserker. Characters provide a variety of different effects from recovering health to transforming after a certain number of rounds and performing a special. There’s 5 rounds played. Each character of the 5 you’ve chose has their own stamina bar. Heroes start off with the most stamina , then Elite then Beserkers. However the reverse order is what attributes do the most damage ( B>E>H) You can chose to “play” or “bench” as many or as little characters cards as you wish.
Playing a card involves placing it in the orange attack area on the grid where it will attack that round. Cards placed on the bench recover stamina or recover from effects etc. Each card ( depending on its stamina too ) will provide a certain amount of points to your team per round ranging from 100-5000 called FP points. Then after you’ve selected your character cards to play or bench and are ready your team and the opponents team face each other. The team with the higher amount of FP points goes first which can be a big advantage. (Characters on the bench don’t provide FP points).
Say you win the FP points battle , the characters you’ve selected will attack the opponents team. Characters of the same attribute e.g. 2 beserkers will do a team attack that inflicts more damage. I believe the biggest team atttack is 3 or 4? ) during the attack animation a bar will pop up in which you press the X button as close to filling the bar as possible. If you beat your opponent you win the battle and your character attack’s their character inflicting damage. If your oppoent wins then their characters blocks and takes reduced damage.
Ki can be built through waiting turns , benching units and cars effects. Each card has a certain number of Ki required to super. Usually the higher the Ki the higher the damage and most of the best cards have high ki outputs. The meter speed can get very fast for high tier characters like ssb vegito and generally beserkers have the fastest and most difficult meter , followed by elites then heroes. You can transform after a number of rounds depending on the character card and you just run the screen up and down as fast as you can. Building the team and seeing the enemies and new characters is fun.
I rushed this on mobile so sorry about the formatting and let me know if you need any more help cause I probably missed a bunch of things. Oh also you and your opponent have health bars and whoever loses health first or has the least health after 5 rounds loses. There’s some very cool cards and the story mode has hidden missions and paths with secret characters and transformations that can only be unlocked under secret conditions so you’ll probably be doing each battle more than once. Edit : Certain characters can perform special team attacks , you can also equip items that do crazy things like summon a kid buu to do a vanishing ball or summon a great ape baby , freeze the opponent during their attack etc.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:37 pm

Saiga wrote:So DB Super Trunks was giving a Super Saiyan 3 card for his Prison Planet outfit, but he doesn't appear to use it at all during the story.

Not at all. SSJ3 DBS FTrunks is a what-if only card, not canon to the main storyline.
shadowfox87 wrote:
They refused to go back to their own timeline because they want to finish the missions. Since Chronoa was trapped with Mechikabura, they had to do things on their own. There's no way to know whether or not they kept those crystals and used them for another purpose. That's what Time Patrol is - to travel through time and fix anomalies. The Prison Planet exists in a different timeline in the future, so that's why teleportation is not that simple to move from one point to the other. If they want to return to the past, they can't just teleport to the past. Locking on to a ki signature in the past or future, makes no sense. The manga makes sense as Goku: Xeno did not teleport out of the planet.
Since as you said there is no way to know whether or not they kept those crystals, our discussion about whether XGoku can travel b/w timelines via IT is all speculative and sort of pointless. The use of time crystals to travel through multiple timelines makes sense but it is exclusive to the manga only. There are no such things in the arcade (and remember that the manga is a promotion of the arcade game which is the main canon). These time crystals are actually more akin to the time shards from Xenoverse, in fact at the end of Ch. 11 we see a place that looks more like the Chasm of Time (which Goku in the Xenoverse story actually breached simply by using IT) but who knows.

What we do know is that XGoku teleported FTrunks and co. out of the Prison Planet. And later on he and XVegeta were able to rendezvous with the rest of the Time Patrol gang as shown during the events of the Demigra saga and the upcoming Young Mechikabura saga. This is all contained within the arcade (main canon).

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:13 am

Kanassa wrote:Snip
Just realized I posted in the wrong thread. Thanks for answering, being forced to have better hand-to-eye coordination than my opponent in a strategy game is a huge turnoff.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Finally got around to watching UM6 (I know Cipher posted a summary of it not too long ago but I wanted to watch & read it for myself). A few remarks:

So it seems XGoku was able to take the others back to U7. And that CC Goku should be able to teleport back to U7 since the chains were broken from the Prison Planet. So where is he now...?

XGoku & XVegeta depart at the beginning, so this ends their involvement in the whole Prison Planet/Universe Survival business. Most likely we'll be seeing them in the Mechikabura revival arc.

How convenient is it that Whis gets called out by Zeno at the time when a new bloke who intends to destroy them all shows up?

I'm actually disappointed they didn't provide voiceover for Mecha Zamasu in UM6, especially since they did for his last-min. cameo in UM5.

Omen and Kamin's motivations seem a little extreme to me. Though they have a generic tragic backstory, clearly they've been misled by Heart this time around. They could be fun though, and kind of remind me of the 17/18 duo back in the old Z days.

Heart is a mixed antagonist so far IMO. He's a villain with an ultimate plan which I really dig, an idea that harks back to when Zeno was introduced. But his reasons for doing so are still unknown, so if he's only doing this for 'fun' like Fuu then that's such a cop-out.

Heart being able to read minds (or hearts as Hit says) seems like a pretty OP ability in universe. But then again this could be a one-time ability out of plot convenience just to lead them to U11. Very common thing to in DB.

Fun note: Support Hit in the battle against Heart is skirtless, which is pretty neat. Following the manga's outline, that means Hit trained to get even stronger and became more proficient with his physical attacks and reflexes.

So SSJ2 Kefla managed to get Mecha Zamasu (who's stronger than the last time FTrunks saw him) serious, which would imply that she's greater than FTrunks arc Merged Zamasu and thus Bluegetto (since they were both evenly matched). Also in case anybody was wondering where did Kefla come out of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTX-v42uzs

Shin lend them his Potara to fuse.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fun note: Support Hit in the battle against Heart is skirtless, which is pretty neat. Following the manga's outline, that means Hit trained to get even stronger and became more proficient with his physical attacks and reflexes.

After improving his time skip to the limits, he trained his martial arts. Makes sense.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Cant wait to play this game on the switch in April!
-Mark

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:44 am

Do any Heroes historians know what the first non-"canon" transformation added to the card line/arcade game was? Relevant to the in-progress Kanzenshuu Wiki. I want to say it was Super Saiyan Bardock, but I feel like there might have been a game-only Super Saiyan 3 somewhere beforehand. If you know the actual card and set number, that would be helpful too.

Trying to lay out distinctions for which characters the series does and does not distinguish with the "Xeno" suffix (which is somewhat arbitrary, but generally appears to apply to characters with histories unique to the game but who have main series counterparts, and for whom the distinction isn't simply a game-only transformation).
Last edited by Cipher on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.