Would you like to see Goku age and become old eventually?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Would you like to see Goku age and become old eventually?

Post by NewKakarot » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Quick thought: Goku becoming an old man doesn't have to be depressing or anything. He's such a light-hearted character, and I'm sure he would still act the way he currently does despite of his greater limitations.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:25 pm

To be fair, we've already seen an old aged Goku in Dragon Ball GT's episode 64 and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

On top of that, Dragon Ball GT's ending was beautiful and wrapped it all up perfectly, in my opinion. GT is where Classic Dragon Ball died and Modern Dragon Ball was moreso revived with Battle of Gods than Dragon Ball Kai.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 pm

I think he's fine the way he is but he'd be a pretty badass old man.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm

ZodaEX wrote:
Waluigiman wrote:
Ssjcell wrote: I think it would be cool if they used the dragonballs to make chi chi and bulma age like the Saiyans...
That's my headcanon idea of why the characters look younger in Dragon Ball Super. This will explain why Bulma decided to have a second kid at such advanced age. I mean you would think someone who likes to be beautiful wouldn't miss an oppurtunity to use the Dragon Balls to make a wish, especially if she has the radar and the friends to find them easily.

I don't want to see Goku look like a fighting raisin. I feel he will change too much even if he actually never began the series as an adult. That's a reason why I thought GT was a depressing concept because the cast was already past their prime and the characters seemed to had died both literaliy and figuratevily.
Which characters die in GT? I've never seen it.
Not that many but Piccolo died permamentally and majin buu sort of died by becoming part of Uub and his traits became part of Uub.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:45 pm

You don't see it, but at the very end, in the flashforward, it's clear that everyone except Pan has passed away.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Personally i wouldn't mind seeing Goku old, after all at this point in Super he is in his early 40's. So it's not like we haven't seen him age before. It would feel natural.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 am

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Personally i wouldn't mind seeing Goku old, after all at this point in Super he is in his early 40's. So it's not like we haven't seen him age before. It would feel natural.
Not to mention that, thanks to Toriyama, they don't even need to look old until they're 80 anyways.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:03 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Personally i wouldn't mind seeing Goku old, after all at this point in Super he is in his early 40's. So it's not like we haven't seen him age before. It would feel natural.
Not to mention that, thanks to Toriyama, they don't even need to look old until they're 80 anyways.
Heck if we count all his time in the time chamber, he could be in his fifties at this point ha ha
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:52 pm

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Heck if we count all his time in the time chamber, he could be in his fifties at this point ha ha
Just for fun, I did some quick math to see how old he would be physically by the end of the original manga. After subtracting the years he was dead (in which he wouldn't age) and adding his days in the Room of Spirit & Time (which are the equivalent of a year each), the results say that he is about 44 years old.

Doing the same for Vegeta, he's actually 57 physically (makes sense, as he's never been dead for a very long time and used the Time Chamber a bit more)