Who do you think Vegeta considers to be a friend?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Who do you think Vegeta considers to be a friend?

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 am

While not necessarily being friends with Roshi, he shows respect for Roshi in Super after seeing him use the Mafuba to great effect.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:01 am

Goku and his sons, probably ChiChi as well.
Also Pan as shown in GT.

So pretty much Goku and his family.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:27 am

Bulma and Goku are the only ones I confidently assume. Vegeta seems to think a bit more highly of Gohan in Super, vouching for him before Goku does, but you can only take so much from that.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:43 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Bulma and Goku are the only ones I confidently assume. Vegeta seems to think a bit more highly of Gohan in Super, vouching for him before Goku does, but you can only take so much from that.
He respects Gohan of course, especially at that stage. But that doesn't necessarily mean they are friends.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Everyone remember that filler episode after the defeat of Boo, when they're all at a party, and Vegeta is eating a picnic by himself away from the crowd when Mister Boo shows up, and Vegeta actually shares his food with a smile.

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:59 am

Everyone is forgetting about Cabba, though they have a student-teacher bond, Vegeta cares about him a lot, just look at the Tournament of Power, by the end he was fighting for Cabba, to bring him and his universe back to life.

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:56 am

Kind of hard to say when he really doesn't interact with others more than Goku and Bulma. Like others have stated he is seen showing respect towards others like Gohan and Roshi. I hope we see more of it down the road.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 am

As far as friends go, that's tough considering his demeanor. He definitely has a level of respect for Goku and Future Trunks. I believe he did have some for Gohan at some point, before he stopped training. I feel he is very lukewarm to the rest of the Earthling cast, including Piccolo. It'd be interesting if Super had shown some interaction between him and Android 18, as she was the one responsible for humbling him after his Super Saiyan debut.

I also hope we see him interact with Bulla in a similar fashion that he did when she was born going forward. That was honestly adorable

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:33 am

I think he has a soft spot for Goten, who calls him "Uncle Vegeta" which I can't imagine him getting away with if Vegeta didn't like him on some level.
Trunks & Goten forever

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:55 pm

cabba is the only friend that vegeta has done on his own and cabba considers it one so ... him

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Asura wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:49 pm
Lord Beerus wrote:
Asura wrote:At the end of the Buu saga and even the EoZ I'd say Vegeta very much considers Goku his friend. He's mellowed out a lot since admitting Goku is better and while I'm sure he still tries to keep up with him he's not being a petty rival about it. Super pretty much completely scraps this and just does whatever the hell they want with Vegeta, which I will say that his character in Super hasn't been that bad at all for the large majority (although in this particular arc he's a pretty weak character) but I still would have preferred the end of Buu/EoZ approach instead of this regression of Vegeta's character like all that stuff with Kid Buu and the things he said never happened.
To play devil's advocate, in the Kanzenban Ending Vegeta says this: “Sooner or later, Kakarrot, I will show you defeat… Hmph!” So while he admitted that Goku was "Number 1", there was still that underlying rivalry feeling from Vegeta that he still wanted to become as strong as Goku and eventually defeat him.
Yeah, Vegeta will always have that rivalry with Goku no matter what and try to keep up with him, but he already admitted to himself that Goku will always be #1 and judging by how we saw him by the EoZ he became more of a familyman and not someone who is just obsessed 24/7 with trying to surpass Goku. It's still one of his priorities to keep up with him and surpass him but, just not like, the only priority he has. In Super on the other hand he's right back to "fuck everything else I wanna become stronger than Kakarot because I AM VEGETA-SAMA!" and while none of it is executed poorly (except perhaps in this arc) I just don't think his personality makes sense with what we saw of him at the end of the Buu saga and EoZ. He should ofc always be trying to keep up with Goku, but the whole I AM VEGETA-SAMA I AM THE GREATEST thing is stupid and just contradicts all the character development he got in Z.
this line was absolutely misinterpreted .... vegeta recognizes that goku was the number one at that time does not mean that he will recognize it as a fact forever

was misunderstood in GT and Toriyama was forced to add a bullet in the manga, in a review that was made after GT, to clarify it.
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han