Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regarder
Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Regarder » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:31 pm

FoolsGil wrote:First, without their suits, Heliotes are likely just as strong as a normal human so let's be honest,
Your point about Cell still stands, as Cell is so far above them, but I just want to point out that although the Heliotes are relatively weak in terms of the other characters, in human terms they should be thought of as being vastly powerful. Why? When fighting one of them, Android 16 remarks "His armor makes him as resistant as a cyborg! But his strikes and his superhuman speed, he owes them to his boosted and trained body!", so they are ridiculously stupidly powerful even without armor, but that's still weak compared to the ridiculously absurdly preposterously outrageously ludicrously powerful characters that comprise the main cast. They're not normal humans using tech to keep up but superhumans using tech to keep up with even stronger superhumans.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:So, Cell is only doing this to be cruel, and he's also doing this to be stupid. Not the smartest decision or an efficient use of time for a perfect being.
Which...is exactly how he is in the actual canon. Otherwise, SSJ2 Gohan would've never happened.
His stupidity back then doesn't mean that it's okay to make more stupid decisions, or that what happened with Gohan and what he's doing now is the same level of dumb.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 pm

FoolsGil wrote:His stupidity back then doesn't mean that it's okay to make more stupid decisions, or that what happened with Gohan and what he's doing now is the same level of dumb.
What it means is that his behavior here is consistent with his behavior in canon. Both times, he toyed with someone he really shouldn't have been taking so lightly; and in Gohan's case, he paid dearly for that.

I'm sorry but, I really just don't see the difference. Unless you're saying Toriyama wasn't justified writing him that way, either (in which case, fair enough)?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:06 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:His stupidity back then doesn't mean that it's okay to make more stupid decisions, or that what happened with Gohan and what he's doing now is the same level of dumb.
What it means is that his behavior here is consistent with his behavior in canon. Both times, he toyed with someone he really shouldn't have been taking so lightly; and in Gohan's case, he paid dearly for that.

I'm sorry but, I really just don't see the difference. Unless you're saying Toriyama wasn't justified writing him that way, either (in which case, fair enough)?
It just seems way too dumb. Piccolo is roaming the war zone, and he's not the only hero there stronger than Cell. It would be different if there was no one else stronger than him that could kill him from behind, probably while surveying things instead of having to actually go over there and fight him to submission and kill him.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:35 am

FoolsGil wrote:It just seems way too dumb. Piccolo is roaming the war zone, and he's not the only hero there stronger than Cell. It would be different if there was no one else stronger than him that could kill him from behind, probably while surveying things instead of having to actually go over there and fight him to submission and kill him.
Actually, Cell's probably the strongest warrior here right now, apart from maybe Mystic Gohan. And even then, he has regenerative capabilities.

Remember, this is NOT the same Cell that we know! He could kill even Super Buu with ease (er, not Zen Buu; the canon one).
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:56 am

Yeah the helioites are somewhat super human. Not baseline humans, regardless every little helps, he seems about equal to Gohan, even regular humans might tip the scales.

And Cell isn't being unsafe. There is no one there who can stop him.

Piccolo is weaker and both Gohans are individually busy and otherwise occupied.

This is what bugs me, there's nothing wrong with complaints in and of itself. It's that 99% baseless bullshit from people who don't seem to fucking read properly or remember earlier plot points AND what is legit is never paired with constructive critique of how it could be better or compliments for the bits you do like.

It's just cancerous negativity. The ignore feature isn't fit, it'd give less content to see users posts on other threads where they aren't being entitled whiners.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:30 pm

TobyS wrote:Yeah the helioites are somewhat super human. Not baseline humans, regardless every little helps, he seems about equal to Gohan, even regular humans might tip the scales.

This is what bugs me, there's nothing wrong with complaints in and of itself. It's that 99% baseless bullshit from people who don't seem to fucking read properly or remember earlier plot points AND what is legit is never paired with constructive critique of how it could be better or compliments for the bits you do like.

It's just cancerous negativity. The ignore feature isn't fit, it'd give less content to see users posts on other threads where they aren't being entitled whiners.
1) You know who else was considered "superhuman?" Krillin by the 21st Budokai. I may have been wrong about Heliotes being as strong as a normal human, but we've seen superhuman levels quite early in the canon and that's not much of anything in the level of power. At best Heliotes without their suits could be as strong as Buu Saga Krillin levels at best, which I doubt, but even if they were that's still not even worth a drop of anything when someone like Gohan is on the field. They aren't even as strong as a basic Super Saiyan, it's ridiculous to think absorbing one, or even two is going to do a dent in the grand scheme.

2) Yeah, switching between the specials and the battle at hand, I did forget that Piccolo somehow isn't at a much higher level, my mistake. But I don't believe for a second that the Gohan on the field is "occupied," someone at his level not being fast enough to blow up Nappa's head before he could break Bra's neck is also pretty ridiculous, and he's probably on his way back to Cell to make him realize he made a bad decision when he loses a portion of his body in the blast that comes, if he doesn't get atomized.

3) You know what this thread is about and what conversations come out of it. Bitching about Bitching doesn't make you enlightened.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:06 pm

Cell's absorption is non-linear at least, because absorbing all of those humans took him from being weaker than Piccolo to being on par with Android 16, but it can't be that non-linear otherwise there'd be no point absorbing the Androids in the first place. It's either Cell is being dumb (villains act dumb in the series too so no difference there), or Cell is being smart because he's gaining something from this besides power, and we just don't know about it without seeing the next few pages.

For a while I've wished for DB Multiverse to save up pages and just let people hang for a while (for goodness sake's - go do something else!) and then release them all in 10-20 page batches like an actual manga. Obviously there'd be more downtime, but does that really matter? I don't know why they insist on filling the already existing downtime with subpar specials that rarely ever explain anything about the alternate universes that wasn't obvious to begin with, and half of which are just pointless massacres with zero story.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
TobyS wrote:Yeah the helioites are somewhat super human. Not baseline humans, regardless every little helps, he seems about equal to Gohan, even regular humans might tip the scales.

1) You know who else was considered "superhuman?" Krillin by the 21st Budokai. I may have been wrong about Heliotes being as strong as a normal human, but we've seen superhuman levels quite early in the canon and that's not much of anything in the level of power. At best Heliotes without their suits could be as strong as Buu Saga Krillin levels at best, which I doubt, but even if they were that's still not even worth a drop of anything when someone like Gohan is on the field. They aren't even as strong as a basic Super Saiyan, it's ridiculous to think absorbing one, or even two is going to do a dent in the grand scheme.

2) Yeah, switching between the specials and the battle at hand, I did forget that Piccolo somehow isn't at a much higher level, my mistake. But I don't believe for a second that the Gohan on the field is "occupied," someone at his level not being fast enough to blow up Nappa's head before he could break Bra's neck is also pretty ridiculous, and he's probably on his way back to Cell to make him realize he made a bad decision when he loses a portion of his body in the blast that comes, if he doesn't get atomized.

3) You know what this thread is about and what conversations come out of it. Bitching about Bitching doesn't make you enlightened.
Actually Krillin and Goku in the 21st Budokai aren't superhuman by the Series standards. They don't explicitly move to that level until the 22nd Budokai

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 am

Regarder wrote:Cell's absorption is non-linear at least, because absorbing all of those humans took him from being weaker than Piccolo to being on par with Android 16, but it can't be that non-linear otherwise there'd be no point absorbing the Androids in the first place.
To be fair, one's Power Level didn't need to be that much higher to dominate a fight in DBZ. See Vegeta manhandling Dodoria, even when that was just 24,000 PL vs. 22,000 PL

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:19 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:39 am

The twist: I bet Buu has made a religion about himself and everyone in that line wants to be absorbed.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:21 am

Would be interesting if that happened, sadly, Buu absorbed Blooma, so no Bra, and no Uub, since Buu didnt die and reincarnate.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Granting wishes? Appropriate for a genie.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:27 pm

Is that Frog from Chrono Trigger? ;)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:48 pm

coola wrote:Is that Frog from Chrono Trigger? ;)
Nice

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:23 pm

So Yamcha... and Tenshinhan and chaozu are still alive in Buus universe right? Why didn't they enter?

They know they can't beat Buu but you think they'd try or at least get picked up to spectate. Maybe enter with the hopes to help someone else beat Buu, and wish for their friends back or anything...

I get out of universe they don't want too many duplicate characters that aren't trunks or Vegeta but...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:51 am

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:16 am

I like the Bith there. Would be even better if he started playing.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"