Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 am

Out now:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Kinokima » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Out now:

Don’t usually like the mini figures but I really like these. Bought the God Vegeta and Base Gogeta from the set.

Don’t understand why Vegeta has pupils though! It does make him stand out more though.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:40 pm

Kinokima wrote: Don’t understand why Vegeta has pupils though! It does make him stand out more though.

It's Super Saiyan God Evolution :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Base Gogeta, Skills Figures, Puzzle gums, scratch card stickers and Shikishi Art finally arrived!
Masterlise Gogeta should be here tomorrow or Thursday then just waiting on KC Broly and all December stuff is done for me!

Jan not quite as hectic just figures, waiting on SSG Vegeta to be released.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Base Gogeta, Skills Figures, Puzzle gums, scratch card stickers and Shikishi Art finally arrived!
Masterlise Gogeta should be here tomorrow or Thursday then just waiting on KC Broly and all December stuff is done for me!

Base Gogeta looks absolutely fantastic! Mine came in a couple weeks ago and I loved it! Though after seeing the movie I'm tempted to at least get the SSJ Form one too. It's grown on me after seeing the movie. I'll have enough Blue Gogetas to cover it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:48 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Base Gogeta, Skills Figures, Puzzle gums, scratch card stickers and Shikishi Art finally arrived!

Base Gogeta looks absolutely fantastic! Mine came in a couple weeks ago and I loved it! Though after seeing the movie I'm tempted to at least get the SSJ Form one too. It's grown on me after seeing the movie. I'll have enough Blue Gogetas to cover it.
Movie finally comes out here tomorrow!! Crazy having all this merch before seeing the actual film lol.

I don't think SS will ever grow on me again. Tbh I will not be surprised if SS is eventually dropped like SS3 considering they've given up on marketing the form and realised that Base forms are marketable over it. A mix of people fed up of it and the coloured forms being more appealing I think is why.

Disappointed that Bandai Spirits chose SS for the Kuji re-colour especially considering their sister, Bandai chose Base for all their Gogeta recolours so the Premium HG being a SS recolour isn't surprising considering Bandai Spirits are handling the Premium stuff now.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Movie finally comes out here tomorrow!! Crazy having all this merch before seeing the actual film lol.

I don't think SS will ever grow on me again. Tbh I will not be surprised if SS is eventually dropped like SS3 considering they've given up on marketing the form and realised that Base forms are marketable over it. A mix of people fed up of it and the coloured forms being more appealing I think is why.

Disappointed that Bandai Spirits chose SS for the Kuji re-colour especially considering their sister, Bandai chose Base for all their Gogeta recolours so the Premium HG being a SS recolour isn't surprising considering Bandai Spirits are handling the Premium stuff now.

The form on the new Gogeta looks much better than it does in some of the figures. The yellow hair and vest just made him seem over saturated, but in the film it's a nice blend. Got the Masterlise variation showing up soon of the SSJ Form

And I totally understand. I'm surprised we got a SSJ3 Funko Pop when we did, but I'll be fine with SSJ not showing up, or taking over some of the minor slots for bigger sets (and stop giving us random Recoomes and Guldos)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:32 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Movie finally comes out here tomorrow!! Crazy having all this merch before seeing the actual film lol.

The form on the new Gogeta looks much better than it does in some of the figures. The yellow hair and vest just made him seem over saturated, but in the film it's a nice blend. Got the Masterlise variation showing up soon of the SSJ Form

And I totally understand. I'm surprised we got a SSJ3 Funko Pop when we did, but I'll be fine with SSJ not showing up, or taking over some of the minor slots for bigger sets (and stop giving us random Recoomes and Guldos)
Ah man, what a waste that was. They had 90+ DBS characters to fill slots and they chose to waste on Ginyu Force... I am still pissed about that. Since the ToP began we had 50+ slots for UDMs and only 4 new characters were ever filled! They easily could have done 1 universe a set, 1 GoD, 1 Angel and 3 top fighters.

Broly was a giant (and successful) step forward for us once the series comes back we better not revert back to the slow roll we had.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:34 pm

I like that Gogeta clear file don’t think I’ve seen that own before. There is just so much movie stuff. Picking and choosing between everything has been quite difficult.

Of the Gogeta stuff I bought a few things of him in Blue but I find I like the look of him in base form best. I did buy a SDBH card of him in SSJ though.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Kinokima wrote:I like that Gogeta clear file don’t think I’ve seen that own before. There is just so much movie stuff. Picking and choosing between everything has been quite difficult.

Of the Gogeta stuff I bought a few things of him in Blue but I find I like the look of him in base form best. I did buy a SDBH card of him in SSJ though.
Kura Sushi limited clear file! Released it alongside those terrible UDM keychain figures.

Only disappointment for me was the floor merch, too many sellers overpriced the goods I mean ¥4000 for the mug was ridiculous I got all of the above for near that much!! You were right they should at least list them for overseas people on like amiami. Bah.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Super Season 2 was announced at a licensor convention.
Now we just need to know what month it is, but considering the stuff regarding merch July makes a lot of sense.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:52 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Super Season 2 was announced at a licensor convention.
Now we just need to know what month it is, but considering the stuff regarding merch July makes a lot of sense.
So, is the July start date likely now?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:15 pm

majinwarman wrote:

Based on trends, it seems likely. Though we won't know anything until we get an official announcement

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:55 pm

I am even more pissed that they DID NOTHING WITH CHEELAI AND LEMO!!!

Sure we got the Premium Adverge's coming but Banpresto what the f on the WCFs man? Bah.

Also (spoiler)

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:09 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

Based on trends, it seems likely. Though we won't know anything until we get an official announcement
Toei is currently doing damage control so it may be a while before we get answers.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:36 am

I find it kinda weird that the scale of the HG 02 figures, at least in the case of Gogeta, has him being bigger than his 01 counterpart. It baffles me sometimes as to why Bandai scales stuff the way they do. Like the premium Goku Black HG A and B sets not scaling with any of the other premium sets, and the HG Silver Edition not scaling with anything that came before it.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:24 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Out now:

Image[/spoiler]
What is a good/reliable site to order this set from? Want to get these ASAP.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:26 pm

Galan007 wrote:What is a good/reliable site to order this set from? Want to get these ASAP.
Market sellers on AmazonJP or RakutenJP. If you wait a week or so the price should come down currently about 3350yen for the whole set, the proxy I use don't charge fees for AmazonJP or RakutenJP (except domestic shipping) and most sellers on AmazonJP have free domestic shipping anyway so you'll just pay for the base cost of the item and then international shipping, which shouldn't be a lot.

If you don't want the Gogeta however the other 4 are currently going for about 1500yen for the set of them.