Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by TheNingen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Galan007 wrote:What is a good/reliable site to order this set from? Want to get these ASAP.
Market sellers on AmazonJP or RakutenJP. If you wait a week or so the price should come down currently about 3350yen for the whole set, the proxy I use don't charge fees for AmazonJP or RakutenJP (except domestic shipping) and most sellers on AmazonJP have free domestic shipping anyway so you'll just pay for the base cost of the item and then international shipping, which shouldn't be a lot.

If you don't want the Gogeta however the other 4 are currently going for about 1500yen for the set of them.

What proxy do you use? I use Buyee for Yahoo JP and their shipping charges are ridiculous.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Kinokima » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:33 pm

TheNingen wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Galan007 wrote:What is a good/reliable site to order this set from? Want to get these ASAP.
Market sellers on AmazonJP or RakutenJP. If you wait a week or so the price should come down currently about 3350yen for the whole set, the proxy I use don't charge fees for AmazonJP or RakutenJP (except domestic shipping) and most sellers on AmazonJP have free domestic shipping anyway so you'll just pay for the base cost of the item and then international shipping, which shouldn't be a lot.

If you don't want the Gogeta however the other 4 are currently going for about 1500yen for the set of them.

What proxy do you use? I use Buyee for Yahoo JP and their shipping charges are ridiculous.

I know you didn’t ask me but I’ve used Treasure Japan since 2007. There may be cheaper options but I’ve never had a problem with them. Actually I think it’s a one person business by a woman named Nahoko and I like the personal feel of her service. She has even went into stores and bought stuff directly for me.

https://treasure-japan.com/

Also if you are looking for things in the after market I highly recommend Mercari.jp over Yahoo Auctions. I’ve found it’s a lot less stressful to use.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:38 pm

TheNingen wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I use FromJapan. They are pretty great they also offer free consolidation and auto calculate shipping for you. Every Tuesday to Wednesday they have a promotion where anything you buy from RakutenJP you get 10% off.

My only issue with them if you can all it that, is their full plan protection they don't allow international shipments to go via Small Packet but generally you'll only need to do that for super rare items so guess it's fine.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by TheNingen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:52 pm

Thank you both!

Galan007
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Galan007 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Appreciate the help, guys!

I typically order the HG/Gashapon figures straight from Amazon when they become available, but I wanted to get a jump on this set in particular, because I've really been looking forward to it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:31 am

G, H & I:
55th Prize Fair:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:57 am

SS4 Vegeta looks fantastic.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Never thought we see art of SSJ Grade 2(3) Goku! That's really cool! Love the SSJ4s but I feel their fur is a bit brighter than usual. Especially Vegetas

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:21 pm

Despite an over abundance of case orders, Buyuden Full Power Broly has proven to be too popular in Japan and thus never dropped in price. Just like Broly Anger from December. Despite SSG Goku have less case orders he dropped in price pretty quickly... doesn't bode well.

The HG Premium Fusion set sold out it's July reservation with one now opened for a second shipment in August.

=====
MKCSTEALTH wrote:Never thought we see art of SSJ Grade 2(3) Goku! That's really cool! Love the SSJ4s but I feel their fur is a bit brighter than usual. Especially Vegetas
Might just be how they took the photo. I absolutely hate SS4 Vegeta's design so no interest at all for me lol.

I wonder if next months prize event is just gonna be what we got here or if this will be it.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Despite an over abundance of case orders, Buyuden Full Power Broly has proven to be too popular in Japan and thus never dropped in price. Just like Broly Anger from December. Despite SSG Goku have less case orders he dropped in price pretty quickly... doesn't bode well.

The HG Premium Fusion set sold out it's July reservation with one now opened for a second shipment in August.

=====
MKCSTEALTH wrote:Never thought we see art of SSJ Grade 2(3) Goku! That's really cool! Love the SSJ4s but I feel their fur is a bit brighter than usual. Especially Vegetas
Might just be how they took the photo. I absolutely hate SS4 Vegeta's design so no interest at all for me lol.

I wonder if next months prize event is just gonna be what we got here or if this will be it.
How much cases of SSG Vegeta were pre-ordered ?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:03 am

Issei189 wrote:
How much cases of SSG Vegeta were pre-ordered ?
Less than Goku, of the "big three" gamestations in Japan:

Sega:
SSG Goku 141 cases
SSG Vegeta 131 cases
FP Broly 187 cases

Comparison with December Ultimate Soldiers;
SSGSS Goku 181 cases
SSGSS Vegeta 180 cases
Broly Anger 181 cases

Namco:
SSG Goku 165 cases
SSG Vegeta 135 cases
FP Broly 210 cases

(Didn't get their case orders for December)

Taito:
SSG Goku 116 cases
SSG Vegeta 110 cases
FP Broly 140 cases

Comparison with December Ultimate Soldiers;
SSGSS Goku 135 cases
SSGSS Vegeta 135 cases
Broly Anger 137 cases

Low case orders meant that the figures had to be popular and sought after to gamestations take note and put more orders in for any future SSG releases (FES in April) but since Goku dropped in price more than Broly means that likely didn't happen, thus probably means the next SSG release won't have many case orders and Banpresto will notice this and continue to not commercialize SSG much.

This is Banpresto's own fault, this is the first SSG prize figure in 3/4 years plus they released in Jan after the strongest forms of Goku and Vegeta were already out. If they swapped the releases around I think they could have gotten more orders for the SSG's. They did it for Broly had his Anger form first.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:57 am

Honestly my biggest disappointment is the Ult Soldiers Vegeta wasn’t SSG. The SSG Vegeta figure that is out is nice and all but sculpt and pose wise I like the Ult Soldier one more. Except I am sick of SSGSS Vegeta in Cell Armor.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Kinokima wrote:Honestly my biggest disappointment is the Ult Soldiers Vegeta wasn’t SSG. The SSG Vegeta figure that is out is nice and all but sculpt and pose wise I like the Ult Soldier one more. Except I am sick of SSGSS Vegeta in Cell Armor.
I agree 100%. Such a strange decision especially considering they made the Ultimate Soldiers Broly the Anger form so they should have made the Goku & Vegeta's form for that line SSG.

Also what's strange seeing the film Vegeta barely used SSGSS in his armour anyway so they should have done the battle damange at the very least. Toei send them a lot of information so they definitely knew about it.

I am tempted to get another Vegeta and repaint, only issue is the muscles won't match SSG.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:Honestly my biggest disappointment is the Ult Soldiers Vegeta wasn’t SSG. The SSG Vegeta figure that is out is nice and all but sculpt and pose wise I like the Ult Soldier one more. Except I am sick of SSGSS Vegeta in Cell Armor.
I agree 100%. Such a strange decision especially considering they made the Ultimate Soldiers Broly the Anger form so they should have made the Goku & Vegeta's form for that line SSG.

Also what's strange seeing the film Vegeta barely used SSGSS in his armour anyway so they should have done the battle damange at the very least. Toei send them a lot of information so they definitely knew about it.

I am tempted to get another Vegeta and repaint, only issue is the muscles won't match SSG.
I think the reason he wasnt battle damaged or SSG is because the Ultimate Soldiers line was one of the first we got after the first trailer. Though they were dropping merch for Full Power Broly having not even seeing him in any of the trailers at that point

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Out today:
Final Movie WCF set Feb 7th AND WE ARE DONE!!

The Movie roll out was insane, my wallet is hoping that this doesn't happen again lol. Beyond anything I was expecting, wasn't told much either other than to save up and make sure I pre order the gashapons.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:17 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I think the reason he wasnt battle damaged or SSG is because the Ultimate Soldiers line was one of the first we got after the first trailer. Though they were dropping merch for Full Power Broly having not even seeing him in any of the trailers at that point

There is also nothing released of him battle damaged either. Even the stuff with him fusing with Goku has him in the a Cell armor outfit which is not how it happened in the movie.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:22 am

First reservation of Gigantic Series Goku Black available now (credit
AV46992674, kt_one00vxll, sephirothakechi for pics!)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:13 am

Clear card collection:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:13 pm

Feb Wafer Sticker release date 23rd May and will be subtitled "different dimension power ups" "ドラゴンボール 超戦士シールウエハースZ 異次元のパワーアップ"
Shikishi Art 8 May scan unfortunately no sneak peak at new art.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:04 am

May Gashapon:

HG #03

SSGSS Son Goku
Vegeta
Freeza
Bulma

UDM THE BEST 30
UI Goku
SS Future Trunks
SSGSS Vegeta
SS Vegeta