is Ultra instinct the best form since the first Super saiyan???

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: is Ultra instinct the best form since the first Super saiyan???

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Tai Lung wrote: goku UI Omen was not superior to kefla in fact it was inferior
  in his offensive it was due to the nature of the UI that goku could dodge the attacks without having to be more powerful
True, but seeing a character being faster, but weaker than his opponent isn't anything new either.
Ultra Instinct sounds innovative on paper, but execution doesn't really make it look much different than other forms.
If no one has said to you how UI is supposed to work, you wouldn't really see any difference between this and other forms.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:41 pm

Hardly, Goku's moves are very distinctive in UI.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm

In terms of concept and design, to me UI Omen equal to SSJ4 as the 2nd best transformation in the franchise.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:33 am

Yes. It was a breath of fresh air, something you could stop and analyse and say "how does this work?" "Well what about this?" There are almost no other forms that have that quality to them any more. And even though we've seen the completed version of it, it still feels like there's potential to do more with it depending on where they go.

For what it's worth, I was tempted to say it's the best since 2, but I was thinking more in terms of moments, and 2 is nothing but a moment. UI's introduction rivals 1 and 2's introduction, but only rivals 1 in concept and execution.

Anything that changes the dynamic of the fights or the characters is a plus, transformations that just make the characters stronger doesn't cut it any more.