"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ruler9871
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Mira & Towa would be great for DBFZ. It would crossover the game with Xenoverse, they have unique abilities and Towa would be another female fighter for the roster.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:54 pm

ruler9871 wrote:Mira & Towa would be great for DBFZ. It would crossover the game with Xenoverse, they have unique abilities and Towa would be another female fighter for the roster.
Could get some good Dramatic Finishes in it:
Blue Goku dragon fisting Mira
Mira triggering Bardock's Super Saiyan
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:59 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'm now imagining the idea of him having his allies as one time 'burnable' cancels which you can attack through the special move in order to get massive damage. Thats actually something I dont think I've seen with assist characters in these games. You raise an idea I actually like.
Yeah, perhaps having the possibility to kill them as a super could be better, like, maybe you can only do a specific super (Obviously the one he used to kill Zangya) if one of them is on screen, kinda like how Freeza has a level 3 that can only be used when knocked down, maybe it could be a level 3 for Bojack too?
Thing with Trap shooter is you can use it like he fires it as a shotgun spread for zone and anti air control, or fire at point blank for a lot of hits. Perhaps a point blank one hits high mid low and thus is difficult to work against? He's one of those characters I think is more about how you impliment his kit rather than having something overly distinctive.
I'm not sure about making projectiles hitting high or low, at least I'm not aware of projectiles ever having those types or property, and trap shooter would also need to be a "strong" projectile for it to be effectice as an anti air, otherwise you'd just be able to super dash through it, either way, it shouldn't be a generic ki blast to have such properties.
Like, I know Raditz isnt exactly the most unique, but I think you can play with his whole 'please dont hurt me' thing as a command grab/command counter, and have him be a sort of Hakumen/Terumi mix. Heck he even stomps on Goku over and over, and you can play that as a special attack for dealing with downed opponents. I also had an idea for one move based on his exchange with Piccolo where he tanks incomking energy blasts as 'white damage' and charges saturday crash, gaining a type of armour to everything except melee attacks before launching it as a fireball that goes through things.
I'd see Cui being more fitting to use cowardice as a mechanic, Raditz, he used it in desperate situations when Goku grabbed him from behind, I don't really see how that could be implemented... or Perhaps it could be used for when he's knocked down, he did elbow Goku while getting up after Goku released his tail.

One thing they could do with Raditz is give him a dash which can do a crossup, since he did that to hit Goku and Piccolo on their backs:

https://i.imgur.com/U0Npq7k.png
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:35 am

as crossover towa and mira in fighterz could be nice but I think it would be very soon and I'm not sure of the movements
I'm also not sure about the acceptance of the public
well maybe uub (epilogue) or kaseral with pride troppers?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:53 am

When does the Dragon World End Tour begin? I know it's the 26th and the 27th (finals), but what time?!

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:41 am

Nickolaidas wrote:When does the Dragon World End Tour begin? I know it's the 26th and the 27th (finals), but what time?!
There's a countdown, schedule and other information here.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:48 am

Tai Lung wrote:as crossover towa and mira in fighterz could be nice but I think it would be very soon and I'm not sure of the movements
I'm also not sure about the acceptance of the public
well maybe uub (epilogue) or kaseral with pride troppers?
That was a fun poll. I get the feeling if they ran it again now, Super Broly would be on there and Blue Gogeta would jump up the charts ahead of his yellow and furry counterparts. He's got an actual moveset now. Still too early for either of them.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:00 am

Simere wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:When does the Dragon World End Tour begin? I know it's the 26th and the 27th (finals), but what time?!
There's a countdown, schedule and other information here.
Thanks man!

DROPOUTCOMPANY

Post by DROPOUTCOMPANY » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:35 am

I'd mostly like to see some kind of DB representation. It doesn't have to be much, just one character would be plenty. I'm thinking Kid Goku, Blonde Launch, General Blue and Tao Pai Pai or even King Piccolo could all be viable DB reps. (though Launch can be a bit of a stretch)

I also think it could be cool to have Super Broly and Blue Gogeta with an Arctic stage to go along with them.

Otherwise, I'm really up for anything.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:50 am

I'm a little surprised people dont know Mira and Towa given how strong their presence is in the games over the last few years, like, Hatchiyak I can understand given he's relegated to OVA status but not front runners for the Xenoverse and Online like those two.

nice to see Raditz was up there as well

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:10 am

the series has a lot of character, so I don't wanna see any characters from other series or even xenoverse characters.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:33 am

IM21 wrote:the series has a lot of character, so I don't wanna see any characters from other series or even xenoverse characters.
Mira and Towa have sort of made themselves as mainstays in game continuity.

Would you rather Frieza soldier and Zorn?

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:09 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
IM21 wrote:the series has a lot of character, so I don't wanna see any characters from other series or even xenoverse characters.

As you can see from the poll, no one wants or even knows of Mira or Towa. Also, there are 100 characters you could chose before a random Frieza soldier. The top 8 the fans selected are in my opinion pretty good for now. I'd switch some of them (Kid Goku and Satan), but I'd rather see anyone of those 8 before Mira and Towa.

I think I already posted my wishlist, and idk if this is it, but it's from the top of my head right now.

Jiren-Kefla
Gogeta-Janemba
Roshi-Great Saiyaman 2 with GS1
SSJ4 Gogeta-Omega Shenron

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:54 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Image

I'm a little surprised people dont know Mira and Towa given how strong their presence is in the games over the last few years, like, Hatchiyak I can understand given he's relegated to OVA status but not front runners for the Xenoverse and Online like those two.

nice to see Raditz was up there as well
not necessarily those who play dragon ball fighterz play xenoverse more taking into account that there is some rivalry between the fans

on the other side ... towa and mira are more popular and known in Japanese media than in the West where the majority is by xenoverse

the characters of anime and manga are more known is not that it's really strange

raditz is .. a classic I suppose

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:15 pm

IM21 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

As you can see from the poll, no one wants or even knows of Mira or Towa. Also, there are 100 characters you could chose before a random Frieza soldier. The top 8 the fans selected are in my opinion pretty good for now. I'd switch some of them (Kid Goku and Satan), but I'd rather see anyone of those 8 before Mira and Towa.

I think I already posted my wishlist, and idk if this is it, but it's from the top of my head right now.

Jiren-Kefla
Gogeta-Janemba
Roshi-Great Saiyaman 2 with GS1
SSJ4 Gogeta-Omega Shenron
how to misrepresent the given stats in front of you 101...

I wasnt saying I want Mira and Towa (though I think you could work them in personally, but not now, a later season perhaps) but I'm a little surprise given their appearances in Xenoverse, Online, Heroes, merch etc that they were here next to Hatchiyak and Bacterian, and I'm not sure how they factor in as 'another series' according to the post i replied to.

I wonder where Yamu sits

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:54 pm

I'm at the stream twitch.tv and one guy said that it starts in 3 hours.

I was under the impression it starts in about 90 minutes.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm

DROPOUTCOMPANY wrote:I'd mostly like to see some kind of DB representation. It doesn't have to be much, just one character would be plenty. I'm thinking Kid Goku, Blonde Launch, General Blue and Tao Pai Pai or even King Piccolo could all be viable DB reps. (though Launch can be a bit of a stretch)

I also think it could be cool to have Super Broly and Blue Gogeta with an Arctic stage to go along with them.

Otherwise, I'm really up for anything.
Chi-Chi’s another good one. She could use the Bansho Fan like in Super DBZ.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:48 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:I'm at the stream twitch.tv and one guy said that it starts in 3 hours.

I was under the impression it starts in about 90 minutes.
As you probably realize by now, the event started before the stream did, for some reason.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:39 pm

The who part of this charts analysis hurts me so much. :cry:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Man, those matches in the Dragon World Tour are insane! The best of the best are fighting each other!