What if Frieza... (broly spoilers)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UchihaJogeta

What if Frieza... (broly spoilers)

Post by UchihaJogeta » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:50 pm

SPOILERS.

Ok so since the Broly movie roughy told us that Broly at maximum is near Beerus in power(as far as Goku knows) and we know that Gogeta from the same statement is stronger than Beerus. Also, Frieza held out againt Broly for a minimum of 2 hours, indicating that Frieza is pretty close to Beerus too.

(when I use "=" here, it's an approximation)
We are lead to believe that:
SSBGoku=SSBVegeta=GFrieza
<
MaxBroly=Beerus
<
Gogeta

I'll get back this later. For now, allow me to bring up Frieza's poorly written "4 months kicking a weakling for massive gains"
Frieza's maximum initially is near a newly achieved super saiyan.
initialss1<androids<1stformCell<2ndformCell<MaxCell<ss2<FatBuu<ss3<Sbuu<SSVegito<<<<<SSG<<<<SSB=GoldenFrieza.

The interesting part here is that Frieza originally died in age 762, 17 years before Revival of F.
So in 4 months, Frieza (with VERY inefficient training) achieved BIGGER gains than a Goku who spent 17 years getting zenkais and abusing Saiyan biology, and training a bunch, as well as achieving god ki, and improving on it. Yadda yadda yadda.

Here are my questions.
What if Frieza trained for 4 months and 1 day? (Would Frieza demolish our dear saiyans or even go as far as to destroy Beerus afterwards?)
How much more training would Frieza have to do to change his spot on the scale to either equal MaxBroly, equal Gogeta, or surpass Gogeta?

Please do not spend the entire thread correcting errors I've made. I am not a powerscaler, I just put down some loose comparisons to make answering my question easier for y'all...

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: What if Frieza... (broly spoilers)

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Your real question is about that 4 months of training.
We barely knows if Frieza had any training in his "youth", or just tapping into natural powers the whole time.
We don't know if Frieza race have any kind of quick build up advantage, reaching the maximum potential in such a short time. We don't know if that's the cap of his strenght.
We don't even knows if that training was just a "mind training", turning his previous combat experience into actual ki power.
So the reply is

Baf.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:49 am

Broly in his SSFP state is a small amount stronger than Beerus at best

Freeza held out against Broly's regular ss state

TO put this in perspective.

ss broly < ss gogeta

ssfp broly forced gogeta to go blue, now i'm gonna say theres a big ass gap between ss and ssb in power.

Also if freeza most likely has hit diminishing gains so training even for a year won't make him strong as beerus

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:19 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Broly in his SSFP state is a small amount stronger than Beerus at best

ss broly < ss gogeta

ssfp broly forced gogeta to go blue, now i'm gonna say theres a big ass gap between ss and ssb in power.

Also if freeza most likely has hit diminishing gains so training even for a year won't make him strong as beerus
Aka, bad writing. I hate to say it, but Frieza getting stronger than the Saiyan gods in 4 months to now being somehow perpetually stuck at #3 (now #4) in the Universe 7 power hierarchy makes no sense. On paper Frieza's gains should be similar to Broly's but maybe a little slower. The movie made it seem like Broly's base was pretty strong if he could give base Vegeta even slight trouble, stronger than Namek Frieza by a large margin. So their gains are actually pretty comparable.

He should be the strongest around with any training Goku and Vegeta do, paling in comparison to his own training. He did skip 17 years on them after all. Still, I wouldn't put him on Beerus' level just because he could take a few punches.

In-universe - maybe he's too busy plotting and fixing his empire to train properly. Or as Recolor said, diminishing gains, but that's so convenient for Toriyama-san that I can't take it seriously as an in-universe reason.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:39 pm

BWri wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Broly in his SSFP state is a small amount stronger than Beerus at best

ss broly < ss gogeta

Aka, bad writing. I hate to say it, but Frieza getting stronger than the Saiyan gods in 4 months to now being somehow perpetually stuck at #3 (now #4) in the Universe 7 power hierarchy makes no sense. On paper Frieza's gains should be similar to Broly's but maybe a little slower. The movie made it seem like Broly's base was pretty strong if he could give base Vegeta even slight trouble, stronger than Namek Frieza by a large margin. So their gains are actually pretty comparable.

He should be the strongest around with any training Goku and Vegeta do, paling in comparison to his own training. He did skip 17 years on them after all. Still, I wouldn't put him on Beerus' level just because he could take a few punches.

In-universe - maybe he's too busy plotting and fixing his empire to train properly. Or as Recolor said, diminishing gains, but that's so convenient for Toriyama-san that I can't take it seriously as an in-universe reason.
In the movie was stated the ToP just happened, Freeza was definitely busy with his empire.