Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:10 pm

PFM18 wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Irrespective of whether or not you want to "highball" or "lowball" things, GT has absolutely no relevance to Super. Why should I feel obligated to compare SSG Goku to SBV2 or SSJ4 Vegeta or whatever the case may be? Oh, and it's 2019. "Bills" is not a thing .
Really, if you want to scale super via feats gt matters for the thing I've explained.
It's always dragon ball, everithing is connected even if it doesn't seem the case. Trust me.
No, I won't trust you lol. They're completely unrelated.
Ad series they are, but the scaling could be related the way I explained.
Feats are feats, and everyone gets there at some point. No difference if it's super or GT

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:46 pm

I'm not one much for numbers, but what the heck, let's do it!

If the base Saiyans during BoG were weaker than Freeza's full-power, I'd say that they ended up about 80 million at the highest. That means that, with SS3's 400 times multiplier, Goku had a power level of 32 billion.

We can then say that Goku's current base form power level is some number of times higher than this number, with SSG being a boost of maybe a few times over SS3. Let's go with 10 times stronger, or 320 billion, for right now. That'd mean that, if we lowball SSG's current boost to about 500 times (AT MINIMUM, I'M LOWBALLING HERE FOR DEMONSTRATIONS SAKE), then SSG Goku right now would be 160 trillion.

That'd also mean that SSB Goku, lowballed to 10 times stronger than SSG, would be 1.6 trillion.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:57 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I'm not one much for numbers, but what the heck, let's do it!

If the base Saiyans during BoG were weaker than Freeza's full-power, I'd say that they ended up about 80 million at the highest. That means that, with SS3's 400 times multiplier, Goku had a power level of 32 billion.

We can then say that Goku's current base form power level is some number of times higher than this number, with SSG being a boost of maybe a few times over SS3. Let's go with 10 times stronger, or 320 billion, for right now. That'd mean that, if we lowball SSG's current boost to about 500 times (AT MINIMUM, I'M LOWBALLING HERE FOR DEMONSTRATIONS SAKE), then SSG Goku right now would be 160 trillion.

That'd also mean that SSB Goku, lowballed to 10 times stronger than SSG, would be 1.6 trillion.
Wrong in premise, buu saga goku is far superior to namecc freezer, counting that his base is superior to shin, that is stronger than buu saga piccolo , that is stronger than 18 , whom is stronger than freezer.
That base saiyans < namecc freezer thing in just a huge misconception of people that doesn't comprehend what suppression is

Moreover, pre black goku arc base goku and Vegeta are shown ones hitting ssj3 gotenks, that makes them much more than 10 times stronger than in buu saga only at 1/3 of DbS run

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:05 pm

God, not this shit again.

Namek Freeza > Base Goku [BoG] is a fact.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 pm

p-hyvo wrote:Wrong in premise, buu saga goku is far superior to namecc freezer, counting that his base is superior to shin, that is stronger than buu saga piccolo , that is stronger than 18 , whom is stronger than freezer.
That base saiyans < namecc freezer thing in just a huge misconception of people that doesn't comprehend what suppression is
Why would the statement exist if the intended conclusion is that Goku was suppressed and this doesn't mean anything? If what Beerus said was untrue, why wouldn't Goku object to what Beerus said?
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:We can then say that Goku's current base form power level is some number of times higher than this number, with SSG being a boost of maybe a few times over SS3. Let's go with 10 times stronger, or 320 billion, for right now. That'd mean that, if we lowball SSG's current boost to about 500 times (AT MINIMUM, I'M LOWBALLING HERE FOR DEMONSTRATIONS SAKE), then SSG Goku right now would be 160 trillion.

So 160 trillion*10 = 1.6 trillion?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:42 pm

PFM18 wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:Wrong in premise, buu saga goku is far superior to namecc freezer, counting that his base is superior to shin, that is stronger than buu saga piccolo , that is stronger than 18 , whom is stronger than freezer.
Why would the statement exist if the intended conclusion is that Goku was suppressed and this doesn't mean anything? If what Beerus said was untrue, why wouldn't Goku object to what Beerus said?
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:We can then say that Goku's current base form power level is some number of times higher than this number, with SSG being a boost of maybe a few times over SS3. Let's go with 10 times stronger, or 320 billion, for right now. That'd mean that, if we lowball SSG's current boost to about 500 times (AT MINIMUM, I'M LOWBALLING HERE FOR DEMONSTRATIONS SAKE), then SSG Goku right now would be 160 trillion.

Frickin....... Fine, 1.6 quadrillion.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:19 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Frickin....... Fine, 1.6 quadrillion.
There we go! I definitely get your premise, but I have base Goku at 435 quadrillion by the time of the ToP, so I guess I give him more credit than you do in your estimations.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:35 am

ZombieVito wrote:God, not this shit again.

Namek Freeza > Base Goku [BoG] is a fact.
Thats a shame that, in buu saga, base Vegeta was sure to win the tournament even if there were piccolo and #18 kek.
Are you saying that buu saga piccolo and #18 are < namec freezer?
Moreover, there ewe multiple evidencens that basecgoku, Vegeta and Gohan were > shin in buu saga, and as you might know shin >namecc freezer.
Shin was literally shocked by the strength showed by the 3 saiyans more at every fight inside babidi's ship, starting from Vegeta vs pocus, shin was surethey would have to go 4v1 to have a chance to beat him, but base Vegeta slaughtered him effortlessly. Moreover, babidi himself recognizes that goku, Gohan and Vegeta are superior to piccolo in base when they are inside the ship.proof of that is when pocus said "babidi sama told me to keep my guard up because you three are strong, but maybe you are only stupid" in chapter 450, meaning that , for babidi, piccolo and kibito were weaklings, but base goku, Gohan and Vegeta weren't.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:52 am

p-hyvo wrote: Thats a shame that, in buu saga, base Vegeta was sure to win the tournament even if there were piccolo and #18 kek.
Moreover, there ewe multiple evidencens that basecgoku, Vegeta and Gohan were > shin in buu saga, and as you might know shin >namecc freezer.
Shin was literally shocked by the strength showed by the 3 saiyans more at every fight inside babidi's ship, starting from Vegeta vs pocus, shin was surethey would have to go 4v1 to have a chance to beat him, but base Vegeta slaughtered him effortlessly. Moreover, babidi himself recognizes that goku, Gohan and Vegeta are superior to piccolo in base when they are inside the ship.proof of that is when pocus said "babidi sama told me to keep my guard up because you three are strong, but maybe you are only stupid" in chapter 450, meaning that , for babidi, piccolo and kibito were weaklings, but base goku, Gohan and Vegeta weren't.
1. You might want to do something about your spelling and grammar, because this post is barely legible.

2. Vegeta has a reputation for being an arrogant blowhard who overestimates himself and underestimates those around him. Why should we take his bragging as fact?

3. As Spopovich and Yamu previously established, Bobbidi's minions don't seem to have detectable ki. Vegeta was actually initially excited to fight Puipui, suggesting that he was expecting some kind of challenge from him. But when the fight starts and he sees how weak Pui-pui really is, he's visibly disappointed. Likewise. when Goku fights Yakon in the dark, Goku specifically says that he can track him by the feel of the air flow, not by his ki like you'd expect. So Shin doesn't actually have a frame of reference for how powerful their enemies are. However, due to past Boo related trauma and the infuriating cavalier attitude the Saiyans have, he expects the worst, and is then shocked when Goku and Vegeta defeat their opponents so easily.

4. In regards to Bobbidi and Dabra sensing that the Saiyans are stronger than Piccolo, it's important to remember that the good guys were suppressing their their ki in order to avoid detection. The fact that the bad guys could smell them out anyways implies that they have other ways of detecting power besides the standard ki sensing skill the heroes use, probably some kind of magic foresight ability. So, the "marvelous energy" Bobbidi and Dabra sensed could've easily came from their tucked-away Super Saiyan forms, which would dwarf Piccolo's power. It's also worth noting that, despite knowing that the Saiyans possess "marvelous energy", Bobbidi and Dabra also thought that a low level punk like Pui Pui would be able to beat them and they needed a machine to accurately measure Goku's Super Saiyan power, indicating that their innate power sensing abilities aren't very precise.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:42 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
p-hyvo wrote: Thats a shame that, in buu saga, base Vegeta was sure to win the tournament even if there were piccolo and #18 kek.
1. You might want to do something about your spelling and grammar, because this post is barely legible.

2. Vegeta has a reputation for being an arrogant blowhard who overestimates himself and underestimates those around him. Why should we take his bragging as fact?

3. As Spopovich and Yamu previously established, Bobbidi's minions don't seem to have detectable ki. Vegeta was actually initially excited to fight Puipui, suggesting that he was expecting some kind of challenge from him. But when the fight starts and he sees how weak Pui-pui really is, he's visibly disappointed. Likewise. when Goku fights Yakon in the dark, Goku specifically says that he can track him by the feel of the air flow, not by his ki like you'd expect. So Shin doesn't actually have a frame of reference for how powerful their enemies are. However, due to past Boo related trauma and the infuriating cavalier attitude the Saiyans have, he expects the worst, and is then shocked when Goku and Vegeta defeat their opponents so easily.

4. In regards to Bobbidi and Dabra sensing that the Saiyans are stronger than Piccolo, it's important to remember that the good guys were suppressing their their ki in order to avoid detection. The fact that the bad guys could smell them out anyways implies that they have other ways of detecting power besides the standard ki sensing skill the heroes use, probably some kind of magic foresight ability. So, the "marvelous energy" Bobbidi and Dabra sensed could've easily came from their tucked-away Super Saiyan forms, which would dwarf Piccolo's power. It's also worth noting that, despite knowing that the Saiyans possess "marvelous energy", Bobbidi and Dabra also thought that a low level punk like Pui Pui would be able to beat them and they needed a machine to accurately measure Goku's Super Saiyan power, indicating that their innate power sensing abilities aren't very precise.

That " they foresaw they have Ssj" argument Is non sensical. How could they? They " felt" only their base forms. they didn't even know about ssj and they believed that goku, Gohan and Vegeta were simple humans, here's why they have underestimated them and sent pocus after them. Plus, the fact that shin thought that they needed to cooperate in order to beat pocus highlights that goku/Vegeta > Gohan> pocus> shin > piccolo.
Vegeta being arrogant isn't a factor, he may be but he isn't stupid, so I doubt he would say he,can beat in base someone possibly tens of times stronger than him.
Uh, last thing : shin knew babidi's servants and he was scared of them. That might suggest that shin, at some point, saw them in action and acknowledged that they were stronger than him.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:30 am

p-hyvo wrote:Thats a shame that, in buu saga, base Vegeta was sure to win the tournament even if there were piccolo and #18
He never said this.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:32 am

Kaboom wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:Thats a shame that, in buu saga, base Vegeta was sure to win the tournament even if there were piccolo and #18
He never said this.
he literally said that remaining in base wouldn't be a problem cause he would have won anyway . right in chapter 430, go read if you aren't sure. He says that it's no problem to not turn ssj because he's still in advantage even without transforming.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:44 am

Yes, and he never actually states "I'll still win the tournament" or "I'm still the strongest person here." The topic of the conversation was about him and his fellow Saiyans deciding not to use Super Saiyan, and since Super Saiyan is a flat predictable power multiplier, his expectation that he'll still be the strongest Saiyan without it is valid.

That general sense of confidence, as well as a lack of objection to fighting Piccolo or 18, could be taken to imply that he's also stronger than all the non-Saiyans too. But such a thing is still just an indirect implication, and never actually plainly stated. Since it's not, there's no actual contradiction with Beerus' later "base Goku < Freeza" judgment. A straightforward line of dialogue which, like PFM18 pointed out earlier, would have no reason to even be included if it was meant to be false but never revealed as such.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:56 am

Kaboom wrote:Yes, and he never actually states "I'll still win the tournament" or "I'm still the strongest person here." The topic of the conversation was about him and his fellow Saiyans deciding not to use Super Saiyan, and since Super Saiyan is a flat predictable power multiplier, his expectation that he'll still be the strongest Saiyan without it is valid.

That general sense of confidence, as well as a lack of objection to fighting Piccolo or 18, could be taken to imply that he's also stronger than all the non-Saiyans too. But such a thing is still just an indirect implication, and never actually plainly stated. Since it's not, there's no actual contradiction with Beerus' later "base Goku < Freeza" judgment. A straightforward line of dialogue which, like PFM18 pointed out earlier, would have no reason to even be included if it was meant to be false but never revealed as such.
That's the point. He would have won still even if there were piccolo and 18 , and he would have come to face at least one of them at some point in the tournament.
Saying that , is like he says he can beat them without ssj.
Thing backed up by the way Vegeta shocks shin, that is stronger than piccolo.
toe I gave that line quoted by PFM18 implying that goku was suppressed. After all ha was training casually, why would he go all out during a training? Plus, toei is forgetful sometimes, they could simply have forgot that line from Vegeta. After all they are humans, they can't remember 500+ charapters while writing a new one.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:27 pm

On top of what Kaboom said, Vegeta joined the Budokai with the specific purpose of fighting Gohan (And later Goku) and even admited all he wanted was to settle things with Goku.

So yeah, him saying he's superior to the others is only concerning the members of his race since they are the ones he's interested in fighting. He doesn't even care about #18 or Piccolo.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:42 pm

p-hyvo wrote:That " they foresaw they have Ssj" argument Is non sensical. How could they? They " felt" only their base forms. they didn't even know about ssj and they believed that goku, Gohan and Vegeta were simple humans, here's why they have underestimated them and sent pocus after them. Plus, the fact that shin thought that they needed to cooperate in order to beat pocus highlights that goku/Vegeta > Gohan> pocus> shin > piccolo.
Vegeta being arrogant isn't a factor, he may be but he isn't stupid, so I doubt he would say he,can beat in base someone possibly tens of times stronger than him.
Uh, last thing : shin knew babidi's servants and he was scared of them. That might suggest that shin, at some point, saw them in action and acknowledged that they were stronger than him.
Did you not read the part I had in bold italics? Goku and the others were suppressing their ki. Bobbidi and Dabra shouldn't have been able to feel them at all, much less be able to tell who's stronger than who among the group. However, since the bad guys could tell that the Saiyans were the strongest even though everyone suppressing their ki down to zero, something that should be impossible by the normal method, it's well within the realm of possibility that they somehow caught a whiff of their Super Saiyan power, too. And given that Bobbidi also said that their "marvelous energy" would be plenty to restore Boo, he's almost assuredly talking about their hidden Super Saiyan powers, unless you think that they somehow have enough ki in base forms to refill Boo's tank of gas.

The only member of Bobbidi's gang Shin seemed to have first hand knowledge of was Dabra, the strongest of the lot. Yakon he knew of, but probably only through hearsay and rumors, which is why it took him so long to remember the whole "light eating" thing. And he didn't seem to recognize Pui-Pui at all. All Shin knew about the guy was that he was one of Bobbidi's minions and therefore should be treated with the utmost caution. So no, there's nothing here that outright requires Shin to be weaker than the base form Saiyans.

Kaboom and GreatSaiyaman123 have already said all that needed to be said about Vegeta and how his power relates to #18 and Piccolo, so I'm not going to repeat it here.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:24 pm

Also, them being below Freeza in their base forms means that the huge multipliers for the regular Super Saiyan forms make perfect sense.

Being nearly 50 times stronger than Freeza sounds like it'd be enough to surpass everyone up to Cell.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:17 am

And then there's me, that couldn't come out with anything lower than 250'000'000 for buu saga goku using the x50 mult, even if I try.
Lol.
If I try with that x50 mult, it always comes to be in the 250-300 millions range.
Seems like I'm allergic to have him under 120 millions kek
It Is really impossibile to have them all below freezer level, even lowballing if you do everything well.
Plus, just remember that base m12 Gohan oneshotted freezer :^)
From that (enormous lowball) :
Freezer 70% = 84 millions
Gohan = 100 millions
Vegeta = 120 millions
Goku = 150 millions

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:09 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:On top of what Kaboom said, Vegeta joined the Budokai with the specific purpose of fighting Gohan (And later Goku) and even admited all he wanted was to settle things with Goku.

So yeah, him saying he's superior to the others is only concerning the members of his race since they are the ones he's interested in fighting. He doesn't even care about #18 or Piccolo.
That's pure head canon. Give me some concrete poofs that I'm wrong , or else I won't even consider that answer of yours

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:31 am

p-hyvo wrote:And then there's me, that couldn't come out with anything lower than 250'000'000 for buu saga goku using the x50 mult, even if I try.
Lol.
If I try with that x50 mult, it always comes to be in the 250-300 millions range.
Seems like I'm allergic to have him under 120 millions kek
It Is really impossibile to have them all below freezer level, even lowballing if you do everything well.
Plus, just remember that base m12 Gohan oneshotted freezer :^)
From that (enormous lowball) :
Freezer 70% = 84 millions
Gohan = 100 millions
Vegeta = 120 millions
Goku = 150 millions
Just a thing. We don't know what percentage of power Frieza was using. He could have used 50% for all we know. As for base saiyans vs Frieza, I made my own power level list, and I managed to put the base saiyans below Frieza just fine, without anything wrong with it. You just have to remember that a x1.3333 difference in power is enough to stomp an opponent easily (like Vegeta vs Cui). Just using gaps like that will work well in putting the saiyans below Frieza in base.