"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:39 pm

How does Saiyaman work anyway? The trailer makes it look like an install. Maybe based on damage? One of her moves looks like a less useless version of Freeza's wakeup level 3.

Jiren looks like a close-range grappler, with some counters thrown in. Just this horrible hybrid of 16 and Hit. The rapid fire punch seems to be part of his autocombo, I'd have thought that would be his level 3. His level 1 is just a straight death ball, that's a little lame. EDIT: Actually looking at it, he might have two. The ball and the big uppercut both look like level 1s.

I thought it was weird they picked Videl over Kefla to go with Jiren until I realised it's because Videl's only real fight in the series was against a buff gray dude. You can make her beat him up as revenge by proxy!

This also means we can finally have a team of 3 women in FighterZ...and two of them are assisted by men. Caulifla/Kefla can't be announced soon enough.

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:59 pm

Tbh, I would've preferred Mr. Satan in the game over Videl. He'd make a great joke character (like pretty much any game he's in), the Dan of FighterZ. Nothing against Videl, she looks like she'll be fun to use (even though it's really because Great Saiyaman is part of her moveset), but her character's really only known for fighting common thugs, her biggest fight is against Spopovich, which she loses.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 pm

I like having Videl in the game, so I'm happy. However, Season 2 being Six characters is slightly disappointing. Oh well

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:43 pm

NewKakarot wrote:Tbh, I would've preferred Mr. Satan in the game over Videl. He'd make a great joke character (like pretty much any game he's in), the Dan of FighterZ. Nothing against Videl, she looks like she'll be fun to use (even though it's really because Great Saiyaman is part of her moveset), but her character's really only known for fighting common thugs, her biggest fight is against Spopovich, which she loses.
I think they would consider him, but because of his voice actor recently passing away (rip :cry: ), they decided on Videl.
FighterZ would be a weird place to debut his new seiyuu instead of a new anime series.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:48 pm

I would have preferred to kefla instead of videl sincerely I will feel upset if kefla does not appear in the next
jiren looks good for now I can say that
Believe it or not, I got a lot surprise gogeta and broly I think it was too early for it

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:50 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Jiren and SSB Gogeta were obvious choices.
DBS Broly also was even though I didn't want another Broly.
Videl is a weird pick. I would choose Caulifla + Kale as assist, Kefla or Ribrianne over her anyday.
Honestly I have always liked Videl and her Animation scenes here with Gohan where very Adorable and Likable! :angel:

However I Agree Greatly that the next Female intro into the Game should have been either Caulifla, Kale or Kefla with just how much of an impact they had on the ToP arc alone. I am glad to have Jiren allot, but one of the U6 Girls should have been included in this too, they are some of the characters as well I greatly want to get me back into the game, Jiren helps, but the U6 girls are the Major Hype for Me, Beside Ribrianne!

Also, always glad to hear fans wanting Ribrianne in FigtherZ! :thumbup:

I do believe she has a good chance, but I expect at least the U6 girls to gain 1st chance.

Also, if I had a choose I would love to have all 3 Madien, Ribrianne, Rozie and Kakunsa as playable characters to Make my Ultimate Universe 2 Fighting Team, It be more likely and I be happy they be assist for Ribrianne in the game.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:00 pm

ok I'm disappointed .. I do not hate videl but after having met warriors girls stronger and with more moveset like caulifla, kefla or ribrianne .. videl is a little indifferent for me I would even prefer Mr. Satan in the game

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Woo-hoo! Video was on my wish list (the over-abundance of sausage needed addressing). Gogeta and NuBroli weren't, as they're basically palette swaps for characters that are already in the game... but they were kind of inevitable so meh. I'm sure they'll still be fun.

Jiren is again another super-expected choice that doesn't really excite me (take or leave the pun). I'm hoping the remaining two are Kame-sen'nin and... well, I'd be happy with Kefla, Mr Satan, young Goku, Taopaipai, Arale, Janemba, farmer with shotgun... As long as I get some Bankoku Bikkuri Shō action IDGAF who the last character is.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Xeogran wrote:
NewKakarot wrote:Tbh, I would've preferred Mr. Satan in the game over Videl. He'd make a great joke character (like pretty much any game he's in), the Dan of FighterZ. Nothing against Videl, she looks like she'll be fun to use (even though it's really because Great Saiyaman is part of her moveset), but her character's really only known for fighting common thugs, her biggest fight is against Spopovich, which she loses.
I think they would consider him, but because of his voice actor recently passing away (rip :cry: ), they decided on Videl.
FighterZ would be a weird place to debut his new seiyuu instead of a new anime series.
Ahh, you're right. I can't believe I forgot about Unshou Ishizuka's death. Oh well, either way, I'm sure they could've replaced him (he wasn't the first voice for the character)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:03 pm

- DBFZ World Tour-

Congrats to Kazunoko.
GO1 finally got out of his comfort zone and started using a new team, only to be defeated by a teammate using his old team. That man is cursed!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:07 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
This also means we can finally have a team of 3 women in FighterZ...and two of them are assisted by men. Caulifla/Kefla can't be announced soon enough.
This kind of thinking is so asinine I really wonder if you're just trolling here.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:34 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:
This kind of thinking is so asinine I really wonder if you're just trolling here.
Why? Personally I think it's a fair point. Of course, we all know that the reason for this sort of thing is because Dragon Ball was written for young Japanese boys by a man born in the 1950s, but the fact remains that when you compare FighterZ to literally all of its contemporaries out there in the fighting game arena, its roster is noticeably... samey-looking (and not just because there's now 8 different flavours of Goku/Vegeta).
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:52 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:
How is it trolling when what I said is true?

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:53 pm

speculation: Could the second pair be Roshi and Kid Goku?

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:58 pm

The Tori-bot wrote: Why? Personally I think it's a fair point. Of course, we all know that the reason for this sort of thing is because Dragon Ball was written for young Japanese boys by a man born in the 1950s, but the fact remains that when you compare FighterZ to literally all of its contemporaries out there in the fighting game arena, its roster is noticeably... samey-looking (and not just because there's now 8 different flavours of Goku/Vegeta).
So, they should put in females just cause of the diversity? We all know there ain't many girls in DB universe and putting in a girl just cause she's a girl is stupid. And there is nothing wrong with a show being oriented towards boys. Also no need to compare it to other games, let it be its own thing.

And before anyone thinks I don't want girls in the game, all I wanna say is, i really like Videl's trailer... even more than Jiren's.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 am

Videl is the only real surprise here and its not a bad one AT ALL!!, she looks sooo Cool, i'm getting some "Sakura" vibes from her and i'm pumped to see the combo synergy (and easter eggs) between her and adult Gohan. Jiren, Newli and Blue Gogeta were expected and i'm excited to see what they do with the Movie guys and how different new Broly is gonna be from OG Broly. Jiren looks dope by the way. Oh and i'm pumped to see some insane Vegetto and Gogeta combos!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:14 am

IM21 wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote: Why? Personally I think it's a fair point. Of course, we all know that the reason for this sort of thing is because Dragon Ball was written for young Japanese boys by a man born in the 1950s, but the fact remains that when you compare FighterZ to literally all of its contemporaries out there in the fighting game arena, its roster is noticeably... samey-looking (and not just because there's now 8 different flavours of Goku/Vegeta).
So, they should put in females just cause of the diversity? We all know there ain't many girls in DB universe and putting in a girl just cause she's a girl is stupid. And there is nothing wrong with a show being oriented towards boys. Also no need to compare it to other games, let it be its own thing.

And before anyone thinks I don't want girls in the game, all I wanna say is, i really like Videl's trailer... even more than Jiren's.
both parts have a point but it depends
is good to have a wide selection of characters in a game now there are more female characters than before that is not a bad option but if the character in question has very poor moveset (videl) ... I do not believe that is very helpful

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:22 am

Tai Lung wrote:
IM21 wrote:
both parts have a point but it depends
is good to have a wide selection of characters in a game now there are more female characters than before that is not a bad option but if the character in question has very poor moveset (videl) ... I do not believe that is very helpful
Thats why I think having Gohan with her is good and should not be criticized. There is also pretty much just one female character that should be in the game and thats Kefla. Anyone else would be a surprise and a stupid decision to be honest. That poll shows who the fans/players want and thats who Bandai/Arc should listen to.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:54 am

*watching reveal trailer*

Jiren looks absolutely sick! Cannot wait to try him out! Cant wait to see who he releases with!

*reveals Videl with Saiyman*

Weird flex, but okay.

In all honesty, I'm excited for both. Videl looks interesting and Jiren looks absolutely sick. I love that they nailed his character model and hes not as e x t r a t h i c c as he is in Xenoverse 2

And Broly and Gogeta were a given. Hope we get his Wrathful form with him turning into his Full Power for Level 3

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:04 am

Funny, I was talking with a coworker not even an hour ago about Season 2 potentially having DBS Broly, and he didn't think it was gonna happen because there's no way they'd do base form Broly.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello