"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:30 pm

Bryesque wrote: Ahh, did they? I hadn't seen any direct confirmation, just some articles reporting 6 based on that 2 characters + 4 question marks shot in the trailer.

I'm still gonna hold out hope it's 8 in the end... The zoom over and green slots appearing sure made it look like an additional 2 beyond the first 6, anyway. (And the background texture behind the last question mark even matches the one to the left of the green slots... but now I'm veering into conspiracy theorist territory. :crazy:)
Here ya go:

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:26 pm

Bryesque wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Bryesque wrote:The trailer definitely made SSBlue Gogeta and DBS Broly look like two additional entries beyond the 4 unrevealed spots. I'm sure there'll be 8 total for this pass just like the first one.
Sadly, it's confirmed by Bandai Namco to be only 6
Ahh, did they? I hadn't seen any direct confirmation, just some articles reporting 6 based on that 2 characters + 4 question marks shot in the trailer.

I'm still gonna hold out hope it's 8 in the end... The zoom over and green slots appearing sure made it look like an additional 2 beyond the first 6, anyway. (And the background texture behind the last question mark even matches the one to the left of the green slots... but now I'm veering into conspiracy theorist territory. :crazy:)
They were zooming in on the final two slots

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:52 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Bryesque wrote: Ahh, did they? I hadn't seen any direct confirmation, just some articles reporting 6 based on that 2 characters + 4 question marks shot in the trailer.

Here ya go:
Huh. The NA/US trailer didn't have that in the description, looks like that's from the European account. Welp! Guess that's that. Irrational hope dashed. :lol:

Kind of a bummer... Weird that they'd make the second pass smaller than the first, and you'd figure they'd want to milk the reveals a bit longer instead of dropping 2/3 of the list all at once.
jcogginsa wrote:
Bryesque wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Sadly, it's confirmed by Bandai Namco to be only 6
Ahh, did they? I hadn't seen any direct confirmation, just some articles reporting 6 based on that 2 characters + 4 question marks shot in the trailer.

They were zooming in on the final two slots
Yeah, maybe... The way and speed it was panning over made it look like they were adding two slots to the right, at least on my first watch. Though I guess I was wrong! v :problem: v

Still hoping Roshi and Kefla make the cut, anyway... Roshi's the only U7 ToP contestant not represented yet, and that can't stand.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:41 pm

I'm speculating Roshi and Kefla for the final two. My thinking is that Jiren and Videl are such an odd pairing that at some point they were paired with other characters and someone decided to mix them up. Jiren would have gone with another ToP character, who would have most likely been Kefla since UI Goku has been semi-deconfirmed (they would have shown him with Jiren in the advertising instead of SSB Goku). Meanwhile Videl would have gone with another human, which could only be Roshi or Satan, and Satan is probably out of consideration since his actor died.

Kefla and Roshi are up there with Janemba for the top 3 most requested characters, and with Gogeta being SSB and paired with Broly, poor Janemba might be the odd one out. This is all speculation of course, but I feel like that's where it could go.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:14 am

Imagine they add Botamo or Ribranne instead of Master Roshi or Kefla..

If they add Master Roshi I would be so ecstatic. I can't imagine them not adding Ultra Instinct Goku. I forsure think he will be one of the last ones. Really hoping for 8 more characters instead of 6!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:44 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Imagine they add Botamo or Ribranne instead of Master Roshi or Kefla..

If they add Master Roshi I would be so ecstatic. I can't imagine them not adding Ultra Instinct Goku. I forsure think he will be one of the last ones. Really hoping for 8 more characters instead of 6!
It's confirmed 6, and the last two are Gogeta and Broly from the movie

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:34 am

Some games have confirmed slots and then they add more. Just look at Spider-man. I wouldn't be surprised if UI Goku is a special release after this 6 characters.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:15 am

IM21 wrote:Some games have confirmed slots and then they add more. Just look at Spider-man. I wouldn't be surprised if UI Goku is a special release after this 6 characters.
Spider-Man isn't a fighting game and doesn't run on seasons. There is no space for a single extra character on screen. If it does happen, it'll be as season 3

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:23 am

mute_proxy wrote:
IM21 wrote:Some games have confirmed slots and then they add more. Just look at Spider-man. I wouldn't be surprised if UI Goku is a special release after this 6 characters.
Spider-Man isn't a fighting game and doesn't run on seasons. There is no space for a single extra character on screen. If it does happen, it'll be as season 3
In other fighting games, select screens have been rearranged to accomadate. This is not impossible

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:25 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
In other fighting games, select screens have been rearranged to accomadate. This is not impossible
Yeah, but for a single special character?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:39 am

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Yeah, but for a single special character?
I've seen slots be added before, usually somewhere symetrical with the style though not always.

Its not common, but I think they're more likely to add two than one

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:31 am

Hmmm....

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:30 pm

Everyone: please actually add context to your posts. I had to paste those into separate layers in Photoshop and flip back and forth, having assumed there was some kind of difference to look for between them.

What did you do? Why? Which is the original? All these and more, in your next post!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:53 pm

EventHubs has posted the patch notes on gameplay changes and it seems like a lot of good changes, a few ones seem odd like no multiple Dragon Rushes as that's a lot of my Hit combos but I can't wait to try it out on Thursday. Actually even more excited for this than the characters to be honest.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/jan ... -released/
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:02 pm

I like the thinking behind a lot of this. Enabling sparking on block will be a game-changer. I still wish they'd do something about raw superdash, like slowing start up when it's not part of a combo. Remember in the early days, it was like "everyone's dashing what do I do?" "2H." These days I feel like more people get caught whiffing the 2H than they do actually punishing the dash because it's so difficult to react to.

Making dramatic finishes trigger on vanish is a nice start. Now go all the way and make it so you just have to beat them with the right character in the right stage. I have Freeza and SS Goku on my team, I have more chances to see dramatic finishes than just about anyone else. Yet I've never got one because nobody is throwing around raw heavies unless they're a scrub or playing Hit...so, me again.

Lastly, your reminder that even though she probably won't make season 2, Ribrianne is still the top-tier choice for this game:

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:50 pm

There's gameplay of Jiren and Videl already on youtube, if u wanna check it out. There is also a possibility we are getting videl with pigtails and saiyaman's second costume. Those 2 modela are in the game data. Also,
Costumes 15 will probably be easter holiday.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:17 am

Kataphrut wrote:I like the thinking behind a lot of this. Enabling sparking on block will be a game-changer. I still wish they'd do something about raw superdash, like slowing start up when it's not part of a combo. Remember in the early days, it was like "everyone's dashing what do I do?" "2H." These days I feel like more people get caught whiffing the 2H than they do actually punishing the dash because it's so difficult to react to.

Making dramatic finishes trigger on vanish is a nice start. Now go all the way and make it so you just have to beat them with the right character in the right stage. I have Freeza and SS Goku on my team, I have more chances to see dramatic finishes than just about anyone else. Yet I've never got one because nobody is throwing around raw heavies unless they're a scrub or playing Hit...so, me again.

Lastly, your reminder that even though she probably won't make season 2, Ribrianne is still the top-tier choice for this game:
OMG... :shock: ...Whoever Made this Just Made My Day Kataphrut and Makes me what to Have Ribrianne in this FighterZ even More then Ever Before, Thank You So Much for Sharing this and to Whoever Made it! :clap: :mrgreen:

Really, If I could Make a POSTER out of this Image I Would, it is THAT Good! :thumbup:

This is seriously like a Golden Highly Reel of Ribrianne's Greatest Moves and Fighting styles. It show Grandly Showcases for Spectacular Reasons why she deserves to be in this Game, while even more greatly showcasing along with Rozie and Kakunsa as assists, how Ribrianne could become one of the most unique and one-of-a-kind characters in-one-n-only characters game has to offer. Add to that the factor of fun nature and flamboyant persona's that the Fireballs have to them and just THINKING how it would look in FighterZ just is Gorgeous to In-vision! :angel:

This Pic should be Evidence #1 on why Ribrianne SHOULD be in this game, be in soon and honestly after going reading the posts on this on the Gamefaqs.Gamespot forum, this alone seems to be winning many fans over, even hoping to think she will be one of the last 2 fighters revealed! (I Think I even saw your name in the forums to Kataphrut :wink: )

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/21 ... 378?page=0

So Indeed yea all we can have is hope that Ribrianne is one of the last 2 to be Reveal, My personal Hopes are she is.

But at the very least, after seeing this, no matter what happens, as You have Said SO Well Kataphrut, Ribrianne is just By This Image alone along with what FighterZ could do with her and the Maidens;

"RIBRIANNE is One the Top-Tier Choices for This Game!" :angel: :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:50 am

Don't know how legit this is, but it seems that characters will get alternate costumes eventually, not just color swaps :clap:

Videl with pigtails: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qCRX5LXCag

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:08 am

mute_proxy wrote:Don't know how legit this is, but it seems that characters will get alternate costumes eventually, not just color swaps :clap:

Videl with pigtails: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qCRX5LXCag
Ah man, I hope it's legit. The hair physics and quality of the outfit looks like it's an actual costume and not just modded in. I hope they do that for a lot of characters like Trunks in his Super Outfit, Whis Outfits etc.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:53 am

Haven’t played this game for months, but I’ve been reading good things about the patch. Such as them nerfing the stupid double supers, and nerfing lots of TODs as a consequence, and the guard cancel actually being viable now.

Videl having an alternate costume makes me hopeful they will add a few more for other characters in the future.
I would surely love to see, among the easiest costumes to add:
- SSJ Vegetto;
- Saiyan arc costume from Base Goku and Vegeta to their other versions, and viceversa, with the option to customise Goku’s kanji.
- Super Saiyan 3 Goku for SSJ Goku;
- Cape Piccolo;
- Great Saiyaman for Ultimate Gohan;
- Androids arc outfit for 17.

Other outfits I would like:
- RoF outfits for Goku and Vegeta;
- DBS’ Trunks costume (gives some meaning to his ultimate finish against Zamasu);
- Minus’/Broly’s costume for Bardock;
- Battle damaged outfits for Goku and Nappa;
- Buu arc Vegeta;
- Supreme Kai Goku Black’s outfit;
- Saiyan arc Tenshinan;
- Desert bandit Yamcha;
- Buu arc Krillin;
- Tracksuit Android 18;
- Kid Gohan’s outfit from Bojack Unbound;
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical