"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IM21
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IM21 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:24 am

Jiren actually looks great. Videl is a combination of 17 and 18 which is also great. Looks like the first 2 will be a hit.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:39 pm

Logania wrote: Ah man, I hope it's legit. The hair physics and quality of the outfit looks like it's an actual costume and not just modded in..
It's not just modded in. The character model for the pigtail Videl is among the game's files since the new game mechanics patch.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:27 pm

The new Videl costume is in the game. You have to press L1+X when you select her to pick it. It also changes Saiyaman to have his helmet on.

Hopefully they'll add more costumes in the future, it looks great and I prefer it much more than the other version.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:29 am

Jiren and Videl are both very fun to play (they're already out in Australia, yo). I reckon Videl is headed straight for high-tier, she's another powerful rushdown character with a cross-up rekka, a DP and a grab. She basically renders 17 completely irrelevant. It's tougher to say how Jiren will do. I'm enjoying him, but certain aspects of his kit are underwhelming. His 5H is a slow command grab and his counters aren't that good. We'll have to see what the pros do with him.

If nothing else, it's fun to win with him because all his victory quotes are incredibly dickish. Good work from Patrick Seitz in the dub.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:07 am

Jiren is so cool and fun to play, that I regret buying any XV2 DLC. I am wondering, how will the patch affect my gameplay, as I am on winning streak in ranked with team of SSJB Goku, Adult Gohan and 17.
Videl is fun to look at, but haven’t played with her much yet, so can’t form opinion.

But this game rocks, with all the ArcSys does. First game in this franchise that I do enjoy this long since day one!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:15 am

Too bad it isn't out on Steam - I really want to try Videl, she looks awesome.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:39 am

So Videl lacks reflect but it's replaced with dodge instead, the main function seens to be punishing grabs and normals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuvTCK1C8-0
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 am

Anyone here getting the Season Pass? Or just getting the characters individually?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:04 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Anyone here getting the Season Pass? Or just getting the characters individually?
Definitely season pass just for the sake of saving some bucks!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:36 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Anyone here getting the Season Pass? Or just getting the characters individually?
I have bought them individualy. I didn’t wanna buy season pass, as we don’t know the full content yet :) I am not a huge fan of SSJB Gogeta and new movie Broly coming to game. I was pretty disspointed with them on XV2, but Jiren is pretty cool so far, even tough I wasn’t much of a fan of him in Super.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:59 pm

Jiren had me worried with the trailer of how he played, looked like just a bunch of random moves that didn't really give him a direct type of playstyle, but man after trying him out he's a lot of fun.

He fits perfectly as either an Anchor or Point, working well with assists, but if by himself his EX attacks make him dangerous and can stack damage extremely quick. He can basically corner carry anyone to either side of the screen due to his 2H making him switch sides and his j.2H giving him bomb loops similar to Teen Gohan. His 5H is kind of odd how it's a command grab but is a great move in the corner but probably only there as it's reach isn't the best and its slow.

He'll probably be the Anchor to my team with Vegito and I can see him being Upper mid-tier (also his assist is so good)

Only bad thing about him is that his colors are UGLY! Good lord, they just could not make cool color palettes for him at all. Hard to having matching team colors when the only really good one is his default lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:06 pm

Logania wrote:Jiren had me worried with the trailer of how he played, looked like just a bunch of random moves that didn't really give him a direct type of playstyle, but man after trying him out he's a lot of fun.

He fits perfectly as either an Anchor or Point, working well with assists, but if by himself his EX attacks make him dangerous and can stack damage extremely quick. He can basically corner carry anyone to either side of the screen due to his 2H making him switch sides and his j.2H giving him bomb loops similar to Teen Gohan. His 5H is kind of odd how it's a command grab but is a great move in the corner but probably only there as it's reach isn't the best and its slow.

He'll probably be the Anchor to my team with Vegito and I can see him being Upper mid-tier (also his assist is so good)

Only bad thing about him is that his colors are UGLY! Good lord, they just could not make cool color palettes for him at all. Hard to having matching team colors when the only really good one is his default lol
The worst thing about his colours is if you use the default and get matched with someone else using him, you may end up forced to use his hideous no. 2 Vermoud colour palette.

I mean goddamnit guys, you gave Videl pigtails you might as well have given Jiren a clown nose exclusively for that colour.

It's taking some muscle memory adjustment to get used to things like the 2S launcher and the 5H grab, but on the whole I'm really enjoying Jiren. It seems a lot of people are judging by some of the cool tech I've seen on Twitter. I thought Videl would be the clear favourite but both characters seem to have won people over which is nice to see. Good start to the season.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:23 am

Videl is pretty much everything I want in a character:

*Comes with a Counter Super and Knockdown Activation Ultimate, perfect for Berserkers.
*Couple of attacks that send the opponent into the air, easier to connect rushdowns for Tag Spammers
*Plenty of attacks that as long as she's kept unpredictable, can get through all manners of defense.

If I can get as good with Videl as I am with Yamcha, she may overtake him as my favorite.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:24 am

Videl doesn't seem to have anything to say to young Gohan. Weird.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:03 am

The S wrote:Videl doesn't seem to have anything to say to young Gohan. Weird.
She does, she says something like "So this is younger Gohan, he's so intense!"

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:49 am

mute_proxy wrote:
What's the qualifications? I've had him on my team and had both Videl and young Gohan as the first fighter against one another and she just says generic stuff.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:17 pm

The S wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
What's the qualifications? I've had him on my team and had both Videl and young Gohan as the first fighter against one another and she just says generic stuff.
I don't know, I just saw a compilation video with the intros, here's the link https://youtu.be/83xlSZBnYwY?t=322

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:06 pm

So we have
Gohan from Super and High School Videl from Z

If there are no quotes in the game making fun of this I swear.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed Videl doesn't have her Super design as the Alt. to match up with Gohan.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Really hoping the alternate Videl costume is testing the waters for more. Was there any indication this existed, or maybe they were just waiting for someone to discover it and spread the word? Can't wait to try it out tonight!

(I'm just gonna be over here, daydreaming about Buu saga Krillin, DBZ No.17, DBS Trunks, tracksuit Gohan and No.18, and Majin Vegeta.)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 am

mute_proxy wrote:
The S wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
I don't know, I just saw a compilation video with the intros, here's the link https://youtu.be/83xlSZBnYwY?t=322
Peculiar! I wonder why it didn't trigger for me. Thanks!