What Would Have Happened If Future Son Gohan Had Turned Into A Super Saiyan Upon Witnessing His Father's Death?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

What Would Have Happened If Future Son Gohan Had Turned Into A Super Saiyan Upon Witnessing His Father's Death?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:04 pm

If in the Television Special of Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks, Future Son Gohan had been able to transform into a Super Saiyan for the first time in his life upon having witnessed his father dying right before his own two eyes, during which, do you think this sudden awakening from Future Son Gohan would have caused Vegeta or Mr. Piccolo to have taken Future Son Gohan out to train in order to master his newfound power and have him follow in the footsteps of a now-deceased Future Son Goku in case of a new future threat?

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What Would Have Happened If Future Son Gohan Had Turned Into A Super Saiyan Upon Witnessing His Father's Death?

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:If in the Television Special of Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks, Future Son Gohan had been able to transform into a Super Saiyan for the first time in his life upon having witnessed his father dying right before his own two eyes, during which, do you think this sudden awakening from Future Son Gohan would have caused Vegeta or Mr. Piccolo to have taken Future Son Gohan out to train in order to master his newfound power and have him follow in the footsteps of a now-deceased Future Son Goku in case of a new future threat?
If gohan turns ssj when his father died then he piccolo and Vegeta may have been able to overcome the Android's thru intense training in the hyperbolic time chamber

Zoltier853

Re: What Would Have Happened If Future Son Gohan Had Turned Into A Super Saiyan Upon Witnessing His Father's Death?

Post by Zoltier853 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:02 am

I doubt Vegeta would be the kind of guy to train his rival's son, but Piccolo would very likely train him to master his power. There's a chance Gohan would start slacking before the arrival of the Androids, but perhaps unlocking his power after the death of his father would be a motivator to train and protect Earth.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:23 pm

The issue lies in when Goku contracts the virus. I don't see any mitigating factors that would have prompted the virus to materialise any time sooner than when it did in the main timeline. Not much time would have elapsed between his contracting of the disease, Gohan achieving Super Saiyan, and then the cyborgs emerging. If anything, the fact that they're unsensible would have compelled everyone to confront the cyborgs without any understanding of just how strong they actually are. Events should more or less pan out the same -- perhaps Gohan becomes a bit stronger and he forces #17 to exert more of his strength in order to win. I can't see how things would be altered all too much, though.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:01 pm

That might have been a definite "passing the torch" moment for Gohan to continue DB.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.