Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:12 pm

so has anyone listed through the voice actors enough to work out who this guy is?

theres a few possible names listed in the credits like 'Nion' and such

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:44 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:so has anyone listed through the voice actors enough to work out who this guy is?

I can confirm that's not Nion. Nion is the female scientist at Planet Vegeta.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:20 pm

WeLoveBroly wrote:Still think that Freeza using the dragon balls to be a bit taller is completely out of character. And his justification for not wishing for immorality makes no sense either. He will die eventually so wouldn't he want to avoid going back to hell by wishing for immorality?
I disagree. He’s shown character growth. He no longer sees wishing for immortality as desirable because of his time in Hell and he enjoys the “game” of trying to defeat his enemies. He wants to kill Goku, but he is somewhat enjoying the challenge of it now. He is vain and always has been. His only real use of the dragon balls now is for something simple like this. Because he knows that he can likely get stronger on his own. But you can tell that he’s starting to somewhat understand the saiyan mindset of enjoying fights and breaking limits like Goku. Honestly this is how Goku has changed him.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:31 am

Tian wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:so has anyone listed through the voice actors enough to work out who this guy is?

Its a shame he only has two lines.

I mean the other guy whose with him and nappa sure sounds like Daman mills to me so he's probably Moroko, but this guy I cant place

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:48 am

I Dont buy that great ape transformation. Great apes stronger then ssj god red? I Dont think so. Just a other plot hole to a list of plot holes that this movie has

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:50 am

bleed0range wrote:
WeLoveBroly wrote:Still think that Freeza using the dragon balls to be a bit taller is completely out of character. And his justification for not wishing for immorality makes no sense either. He will die eventually so wouldn't he want to avoid going back to hell by wishing for immorality?
I disagree. He’s shown character growth. He no longer sees wishing for immortality as desirable because of his time in Hell and he enjoys the “game” of trying to defeat his enemies. He wants to kill Goku, but he is somewhat enjoying the challenge of it now. He is vain and always has been. His only real use of the dragon balls now is for something simple like this. Because he knows that he can likely get stronger on his own. But you can tell that he’s starting to somewhat understand the saiyan mindset of enjoying fights and breaking limits like Goku. Honestly this is how Goku has changed him.
That is a another plot hole. He want to kill goku after fighting with him together and gaining his life back. He dosent have a reason to hate goku anymore..

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:59 am

ironfist2020 wrote:I Dont buy that great ape transformation. Great apes stronger then ssj god red? I Dont think so. Just a other plot hole to a list of plot holes that this movie has
It's not JUST that Broly used the power of an Oozaru. He used it on top of his base form that had already surpassed SS Vegeta. It's possible that the boost in power was enough to overcome the jump from SS to SSG.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:18 am

ironfist2020 wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
That is a another plot hole. He want to kill goku after fighting with him together and gaining his life back. He dosent have a reason to hate goku anymore..
What do you mean he doesn’t have a reason? Freeza wouldn’t ever forgive anyone for their transgressions. He fought together with him out of necessity and the only reason he is still alive is because he hasn’t had ample opportunity to kill him. Beerus gave him his life back, not Goku. Freeza still wants to kill him just like Vegeta wanted to back in the Androids saga. Perhaps he will one day give up on it if he is never able to do it, but nothing has changed with Freeza in that regard. He just is hiding his time. His growth comes from appreciating a fight and improving his strength which he never had to do before and maturing enough to know that immortality won’t make him happy ultimately.

WeLoveBroly

Post by WeLoveBroly » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:50 am

Tbh would have liked for Broly to bave forced Gogeta to defuse and Shenron's wish being required to save Goku and Vegeta for once. Just a small change of pace and to show Broly as a huge threat.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:52 am

WeLoveBroly wrote:Tbh would have liked for Broly to bave forced Gogeta to defuse and Shenron's wish being required to save Goku and Vegeta for once. Just a small change of pace and to show Broly as a huge threat.
With that username of yours, surely you would. But, that would be a bit too much power for a single entity, to rival a Fusion of two Full Power SSB fighters.

WeLoveBroly

Post by WeLoveBroly » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:07 am

Xeogran wrote:
WeLoveBroly wrote:Tbh would have liked for Broly to bave forced Gogeta to defuse and Shenron's wish being required to save Goku and Vegeta for once. Just a small change of pace and to show Broly as a huge threat.
With that username of yours, surely you would. But, that would be a bit too much power for a single entity, to rival a Fusion of two Full Power SSB fighters.
Hmmm well it was said that Vegito blue could be stronger than Beerus and the same was said about Broly. Vegito blue struggled to do much against Fused Zamasu before the fusion wore off so not too crazy that Gogeta failed to finish off someone as durable as Broly in 30 minutes. Especially since frieza survived an hour against Broly despite being much weaker.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:11 am

WeLoveBroly wrote:Vegito blue struggled to do much against Fused Zamasu before the fusion wore off
That's purely a Toei addition. Vegito Blue had no problems in the manga and that's the more realistic approach. The movie in itself, also clearly is on the manga's side more than anime's.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Xeogran wrote:
WeLoveBroly wrote:Vegito blue struggled to do much against Fused Zamasu before the fusion wore off
That's purely a Toei addition. Vegito Blue had no problems in the manga and that's the more realistic approach. The movie in itself, also clearly is on the manga's side more than anime's.
I didn't see bootleg Kaioken or Evolution in the movie, nor was there any mention of this mastered SSGSS nonsense or Gamma Flash. I don't see what's clear about it. The official movie guide also recounts events from DBS from the anime and not the manga.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
I didn't see bootleg Kaioken or Evolution in the movie, nor was there any mention of this mastered SSGSS nonsense or Gamma Flash. I don't see what's clear about it. The official movie guide also recounts events from DBS from the anime and not the manga.
Also, Goku didnt use Hakai nor did Vegeta use the manga version of Evovled Blue. That's more evidence of the movie not being manga based.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:21 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
Also, Goku didnt use Hakai nor did Vegeta use the manga version of Evovled Blue. That's more evidence of the movie not being manga based.
the movie is doing its own thing, if it were anime based there'd be no reason NOT to have kaioken blue or blue evolved, but they didnt.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:45 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tian wrote:

I mean the other guy whose with him and nappa sure sounds like Daman mills to me so he's probably Moroko, but this guy I cant place
As far as I know, this guy is nothing else than a nameless saiyan. The other saiyan who was with him and Nappa was a nameless saiyan too. Moroko is one of the scientists at Planet Vegeta along with Nion and Shito.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:02 pm

Tian wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Tian wrote:

As far as I know, this guy is nothing else than a nameless saiyan. The other saiyan who was with him and Nappa was a nameless saiyan too. Moroko is one of the scientists at Planet Vegeta along with Nion and Shito.
Wonder if we'll get concept art or DVD extras to confirm who is who?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Tian wrote:

I liked her voice! She waw cute!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:38 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Tian wrote:

I liked her voice! She waw cute!
Nion comes from space russia, up there next to jeice and space australia.

I hope it turns out these two survived, It'd be nice to have other saiyans around, even if it is just a comedy duo for Vegeta to boss around as his subjects.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:53 am

ironfist2020 wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
I don’t think you know what a plot hole is.

I’m not a fan of Freeza being in modern DB, but still. It’s not a plot hole for him still being evil. You can help an asshole and they’ll still be an asshole