What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goten_jr
Not-So-Newbie

Re: What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Post by Goten_jr » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:09 pm

Tenshinhan is a reference to the Illuminati

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Not a great theory: Black was Goten (though I would have preferred it to have been Goten and not Goku for thematics of Goten being more personal to trunks, and I would have preferred this to have been a different future trunks to explain the hair colour and tie him to Goten but thats something else entirely)

Dumbest one I've seen is itsanimegirls 'theory' on the super saiyan 'curse'

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:13 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Dumbest one I've seen is itsanimegirls 'theory' on the super saiyan 'curse'
Oh my God that theory is pure cringe. I can't even bear to watch it for more than like 30 seconds, it's so insane.
Hulk10 wrote:The idea that only Goku can use SSJ4 at will is ludicrous but its not so much a theory as its shown in the subbed translations.

But regardless its stupid and inane and I hate that its on the dragon ball wikia…………………... :evil:
I mean....isn't that true? Vegeta needed that machine to turn into SSJ4.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:18 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Not a great theory: Black was Goten (though I would have preferred it to have been Goten and not Goku for thematics of Goten being more personal to trunks, and I would have preferred this to have been a different future trunks to explain the hair colour and tie him to Goten but thats something else entirely)

Dumbest one I've seen is itsanimegirls 'theory' on the super saiyan 'curse'
Literally anything ItsAnimeGirl ever says could be in this thread.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Hulk10 wrote:The idea that only Goku can use SSJ4 at will is ludicrous but its not so much a theory as its shown in the subbed translations.

But regardless its stupid and inane and I hate that its on the dragon ball wikia…………………... :evil:
No surprise, db wiki is famous for the amount of false things written on it kek
I'm sure that, in db wiki, there's written that ssj4 is x10 ssj3 somewhere, even if that's 100% bs.
Even if it's the case to say that Vegeta showed that he isn't able to turn ssj4 without that blutes waves emitter machine , maybe with some training he could, but in gt everything implies he can't

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:12 pm

-That the 6-10-15 powerscale from the BoG movie still matters.

- Freeza is the 1st planet buster

- Goku was holding back against Cell

- Belmod killed Jiren's parents

- 2 base theory
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:26 am

For me its Geekdom saying SSJ3 Goku couldn't beat Buu.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:56 pm

That Krillin breathes through his 6 dots (some sites even added that it is an alien trademark he inherited from his distant ancestors who were aliens). That was common in the early 2000s and tops it all.
miguelnuva1 wrote:For me its Geekdom saying SSJ3 Goku couldn't beat Buu.
Even though I'm not among his fans and don't watch his videos, it's said in guides and shown that SSJ 3 Goku and Original/Kid Buu are in the same tier of power. Buuhan is WAAAY above SSJ 3 Goku of that time.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:30 pm

ruler9871 wrote: - Freeza is the 1st planet buster
If you go by the manga he is the first one to destroy a planet. Vegeta claimed he would destroy Earth, but there are multiple lines of dialogue in the Namek saga that imply Frieza being a planet buster is impressive, which make no sense of his soldiers are also planet busters.
I’m not saying Vegeta wasn’t necessarily a planet buster, but it’s not even a fan theory when there are direct lines implying otherwise. Also in xenoverse 2 Dadoria outright said how Frieza and Cooler were strong enough to destroy entire planets, which would imply he couldn’t.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:That Krillin breathes through his 6 dots (some sites even added that it is an alien trademark he inherited from his distant ancestors who were aliens). That was common in the early 2000s and tops it all.
miguelnuva1 wrote:For me its Geekdom saying SSJ3 Goku couldn't beat Buu.
Even though I'm not among his fans and don't watch his videos, it's said in guides and shown that SSJ 3 Goku and Original/Kid Buu are in the same tier of power. Buuhan is WAAAY above SSJ 3 Goku of that time.
Excuse me, he says Fat Buu.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:51 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
If you go by the manga he is the first one to destroy a planet. Vegeta claimed he would destroy Earth, but there are multiple lines of dialogue in the Namek saga that imply Frieza being a planet buster is impressive, which make no sense of his soldiers are also planet busters.
I’m not saying Vegeta wasn’t necessarily a planet buster, but it’s not even a fan theory when there are direct lines implying otherwise. Also in xenoverse 2 Dadoria outright said how Frieza and Cooler were strong enough to destroy entire planets, which would imply he couldn’t.
1. If Vegeta couldn't blow up a planet in the Saiyan arc then Goku would have simply dodged his Galick Gun instead of getting into a beam struggle.

2. " but there are multiple lines of dialogue in the Namek saga that imply Frieza being a planet buster is impressive, which make no sense of his soldiers are also planet busters"

This is a terrible argument, since there have been lines like that after the Namek saga too (when all the Saiyans and Piccolo long surpassed Freeza). Using video game dialogue doesn't work because they frequently contradict the source material.

3. We've had planet-level feats since the beginning of Z, like Piccolo (with his weights on) causally blowing up the moon with a generic ki blast. If a character that weak could pull that off so easily, then Raditz at full power being a planet buster is common sense.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:12 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
1. If Vegeta couldn't blow up a planet in the Saiyan arc then Goku would have simply dodged his Galick Gun instead of getting into a beam struggle.
Not necessarily. Goku didn't know for sure so why would he risk calling his bluff if it turned out that it wasn't a bluff after all?
3. We've had planet-level feats since the beginning of Z, like Piccolo (with his weights on) causally blowing up the moon with a generic ki blast. If a character that weak could pull that off so easily, then Raditz at full power being a planet buster is common sense.
Not really. The energy required to destroy the Earth is some 1800 times that to destroy the moon, IIRC.

Personally I believe Vegeta could have destroyed the Earth but not Raditz, but I'm just pointing out some flaws in your arguments.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
ruler9871 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote: If you go by the manga he is the first one to destroy a planet. Vegeta claimed he would destroy Earth, but there are multiple lines of dialogue in the Namek saga that imply Frieza being a planet buster is impressive, which make no sense of his soldiers are also planet busters.
Not necessarily. Goku didn't know for sure so why would he risk calling his bluff if it turned out that it wasn't a bluff after all?
Not really. The energy required to destroy the Earth is some 1800 times that to destroy the moon, IIRC.

Personally I believe Vegeta could have destroyed the Earth but not Raditz, but I'm just pointing out some flaws in your arguments.
1. Goku could easily sense the power of the Galick Gun to see if Vegeta was bluffing or not.

2. Power levels are exponential, not linear, so you wouldn't have to be 1800x stronger than BoZ Piccolo to blow up the Earth.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:37 pm

ruler9871 wrote:1. Goku could easily sense the power of the Galick Gun to see if Vegeta was bluffing or not.
How would that work? Goku had never seen a planet being destroyed before. He would have no way of knowing if it was enough or not.
2. Power levels are exponential, not linear, so you wouldn't have to be 1800x stronger than BoZ Piccolo to blow up the Earth.
What's the equation then? Because I've seen people try to come up with one for years and no one has ever been able to do it (probably because Toriyama didn't actually bother to make the whole scale mathematically consistent).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Just to play Devil's advocate Galick Gun could have destroyed Earth by chain reaction like what Frieza did to Namek. Personally I feel planet busters start with Vegeta however.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:42 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Just to play Devil's advocate Galick Gun could have destroyed Earth by chain reaction like what Frieza did to Namek. Personally I feel planet busters start with Vegeta however.
Probably, but my only argument is that there is room for ambiguity. I'm not saying it's absolutely 100% proven either way.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
ruler9871 wrote:1. Goku could easily sense the power of the Galick Gun to see if Vegeta was bluffing or not.
How would that work? Goku had never seen a planet being destroyed before. He would have no way of knowing if it was enough or not.
What's the equation then? Because I've seen people try to come up with one for years and no one has ever been able to do it (probably because Toriyama didn't actually bother to make the whole scale mathematically consistent).
Goku could just simply sense Vegeta's energy as he was charging up the Galick Gun. He did the same thing when Perfect Cell charged up a Kamehameha and Goku directed it away from Earth.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:52 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Goku could just simply sense Vegeta's energy as he was charging up the Galick Gun. He did the same thing when Perfect Cell charged up a Kamehameha and Goku directed it away from Earth.
But how would that let him know if it was enough to destroy the Earth or not? He would have no frame of reference to compare it to.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:11 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
ruler9871 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:

But how would that let him know if it was enough to destroy the Earth or not? He would have no frame of reference to compare it to.
He doesn't need one. He immediately knew that Cell's Kamehameha could blow up the Earth for example. Its the same with Vegeta's Galick Gun.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:18 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
ruler9871 wrote:
He doesn't need one. He immediately knew that Cell's Kamehameha could blow up the Earth for example. Its the same with Vegeta's Galick Gun.
He knew that because Cell was using a lot more ki than Freeza, for example, who he knew could destroy a planet. So he had a point of reference to compare it to. He didn't have one here because he had never experienced a planet being destroyed before.