What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:10 pm

ruler9871 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
ruler9871 wrote: - Freeza is the 1st planet buster
If you go by the manga he is the first one to destroy a planet. Vegeta claimed he would destroy Earth, but there are multiple lines of dialogue in the Namek saga that imply Frieza being a planet buster is impressive, which make no sense of his soldiers are also planet busters.
I’m not saying Vegeta wasn’t necessarily a planet buster, but it’s not even a fan theory when there are direct lines implying otherwise. Also in xenoverse 2 Dadoria outright said how Frieza and Cooler were strong enough to destroy entire planets, which would imply he couldn’t.
1. If Vegeta couldn't blow up a planet in the Saiyan arc then Goku would have simply dodged his Galick Gun instead of getting into a beam struggle.

2. " but there are multiple lines of dialogue in the Namek saga that imply Frieza being a planet buster is impressive, which make no sense of his soldiers are also planet busters"

This is a terrible argument, since there have been lines like that after the Namek saga too (when all the Saiyans and Piccolo long surpassed Freeza). Using video game dialogue doesn't work because they frequently contradict the source material.

3. We've had planet-level feats since the beginning of Z, like Piccolo (with his weights on) causally blowing up the moon with a generic ki blast. If a character that weak could pull that off so easily, then Raditz at full power being a planet buster is common sense.
1. Even if the attack couldn’t destroy the planet, it could still kill billions of people. Piccolo was dead and Goku didn’t know about Namek. There is no reason for him to let that attack hit Earth, it could have wiped the surface or blown up a quarter of the planet, both of which would end life on Earth.

2. No there hasn’t. In the Frieza saga multiple characters hyped up Frieza being a planet buster. In the Cell saga they only stated the threat of the planet blowing up, nobody boasted about planet destroying power. Only Cell boasting about solar system level power.

3. As someone pointed out, destroying the moon and destroying the Earth aren’t comparable. You saying Raditz is planet level, which has never been proven, is far more head canon than saying Frieza is the first planet buster, which he is by feats.

Saiyan saga Vegeta is the first possible planet buster. Frieza is the first 100% confirmed one.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:19 pm

p-hyvo wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:The idea that only Goku can use SSJ4 at will is ludicrous but its not so much a theory as its shown in the subbed translations.

But regardless its stupid and inane and I hate that its on the dragon ball wikia…………………... :evil:
No surprise, db wiki is famous for the amount of false things written on it kek
I'm sure that, in db wiki, there's written that ssj4 is x10 ssj3 somewhere, even if that's 100% bs.
Even if it's the case to say that Vegeta showed that he isn't able to turn ssj4 without that blutes waves emitter machine , maybe with some training he could, but in gt everything implies he can't
True enough. But there isn't much that can be done about the wiki.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:29 pm

- Broly is Kale's dad
- Black/Zamasu gave Goku the heart virus
- Declining SSJ multiplier theory
- God ki makes you automatically stronger than someone without it.
- Kid Buu is the strongest Buu
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:54 pm

ruler9871 wrote:- Broly is Kale's dad
- Black/Zamasu gave Goku the heart virus
- Declining SSJ multiplier theory
- God ki makes you automatically stronger than someone without it.
I've literally never seen any of these. Where have you seen these?

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:57 pm

In grade school, someone tried to convince me that Androids #1-15 made cameos throughout Dragon Ball and early Z. He said that Alligator sunbathing on Roshi’s Island was one of them. He said Arale was one of them.
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:13 am

Janemba is Freeza's son.
I heard that in middle school.
A kid had a Dragon Ball Z shirt with Goku on the back and progression of headshots of several Z villains he fights (Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Captain Ginyu, Freeza, Cell, Buu, and Janemba) on shoulder blades.
I knew everyone on that shirt except for Janemba.
I asked the kid who that was and he told me that it was Freeza's son, he had Trunks' sword, and he came from the future to avenge his father.

I still shake my head on the subject.

I have looked on the internet to find that shirt (it was a cool looking shirt) and I have not found a thing.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:38 am

PacificOceanDub wrote:In grade school, someone tried to convince me that Androids #1-15 made cameos throughout Dragon Ball and early Z. He said that Alligator sunbathing on Roshi’s Island was one of them. He said Arale was one of them.
Well he was right about #8, and #13 - 15 appear in a movie...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:36 am

PFM18 wrote:
ruler9871 wrote: - God ki makes you automatically stronger than someone without it.
I've literally never seen any of these. Where have you seen these?
This one is actually VERY popular 'argument' in DBS vs GT debates.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:29 am

ruler9871 wrote: - God ki makes you automatically stronger than someone without it.
Personally this theory still makes sense to me, even though many people disagree with it.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Here's another one: because Gogeta was surprised and confused when they broke into that dimension, that means he didn't contribute to it at all and the feat was only Broly's.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:43 pm

I can remember someone who claimed that GT Goku can use a Kaioken x4000 because he is able to increase his power by that much with SSJ4.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:56 pm

theherodjl wrote:I can remember someone who claimed that GT Goku can use a Kaioken x4000 because he is able to increase his power by that much with SSJ4.
I don't even know what is worse, the Kaioken thing or this person thinking SSJ4 being X4000 is a fact when simple math makes it much more, although still not an official, but just fan calculation.
It's basically stupid lie built on another stupid lie.

Although not exactly a Kaioken, his Kamehameha X10 kinda works like Kaioken X10 Kamehameha. But even then, it's X10 increase, not X4000.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:09 pm

- Freeza killed Goku on Namek and he was wished back by Shenron

- Yamcha is Gohan's real dad.

- Chichi puts Goku into a coma and rapes him whenever she wants to have sex.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:52 am

That the Grand Priest was evil because he had a smug face in one scene. Brain cells have not recovered from that as so many people bought into it.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 pm

Kokonoe wrote:That the Grand Priest was evil because he had a smug face in one scene. Brain cells have not recovered from that as so many people bought into it.
A lot of people had that as a theory till it was proven false. That one had way too much early evidence to be dumb.

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:09 am

ruler9871 wrote:- Yamcha is Gohan's real dad.
I don't think this was meant to be taken seriously, from what I remember it comes from a joke where it's pointed out that they've had similar hairstyles

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:14 am

Another dumb one is Goku is Trunks's dad and only Bulma knows the truth.

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:06 am

Please tell me you made that one up :o

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 pm

NewKakarot wrote:Please tell me you made that one up :o
Nope, apparently that's why Trunks had blue hair and was so laid back and Bulla had blue hair and acted like Vegeta and Bulma. The person also said that why Vegeta isnover proactive of Bulla and Bulma more so than Trunks.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:22 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
NewKakarot wrote:Please tell me you made that one up :o
Nope, apparently that's why Trunks had blue hair and was so laid back and Bulla had blue hair and acted like Vegeta and Bulma. The person also said that why Vegeta isnover proactive of Bulla and Bulma more so than Trunks.
That is an extremely dumb theory :lol: . perfect for this thread.