Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soldierofficial
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Soldierofficial » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:44 pm

Dragon Ball Power Levels

MULTIPLIERS

Oozaru: x10
Super Saiyan: x50
Super Saiyan Grade 2: x75
Super Saiyan Grade 3: x125
Super Saiyan 2: x100
Super Saiyan 3: x400

Saiyan Arc
Freeza Arc
Mecha Freeza Arc
Future Arc I
Cell Arc
Future Arc II
Buu Arc
28th Tenkaichi Budokai Arc

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Soldierofficial wrote:Dragon Ball Power Levels

MULTIPLIERS

Saiyan Arc
Freeza Arc
Mecha Freeza Arc
Future Arc I
Cell Arc
Future Arc II
Buu Arc

i see a good quantity of errors in this list :

Piccolo, both in android saga and at cell games, is too weak in comparison to trunks

In general, the boosts you give are too small

C17= merged piccolo, why do you have 17> piccolo, moreover with a x1,25 gap?

Too much difference between goku and Vegeta at cell games

Vegeta is a bit stronger than trunks at the cell games

Gohan, when he became ssj2, was injuried and had a rage boost, so his ssj2 is not x2 of his standard ssj in that instance.

Why don't you just use grade 3's multiplier for cell's buff form? it is the same transformation basically. Just do perfect cell = ssj , then stack g3's multiplier on ssj on him

Gohan in buu saga got a zenkai after being drained by spopovitch

Goku and Vegeta are both stronger than piccolo and shin in base, and the manga has highlighted that thing multiple times

Base gotenks is stronger than ssj trunks and ssj gotten

Kid buu is stronger than super buu

Now, good things :

Wow, you got base vegetto just a bit under buuhan. That's rare to see, gig for that

Gohan post z sword training is > goku, very good

You have Gohan,goten and trunks not that distant in base, that's right. Good

You even have ssj gotenks ≥ ssj3 goku, very very good, that's rare to see in power level of that overall quality. That's very good.

Overall your power levels aren't perfect, but are much better of a lot of other power levels I saw here. You just need to refine them a bit

Soldierofficial
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soldierofficial » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:41 am

Dragon Ball Power Levels

MULTIPLIERS

Saiyan Arc
Freeza Arc
Mecha Freeza Arc
Future Arc I
Cell Arc
Future Arc II
Buu Arc

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:45 am

Soldierofficial wrote:Dragon Ball Power Levels

MULTIPLIERS

Saiyan Arc
Freeza Arc
Mecha Freeza Arc
Future Arc I
Cell Arc
Future Arc II
Buu Arc
You didn't made any correction, what's the point of reposting then?kek

Plus, other thingns I seemingly forgot :

you don't use kiri, right? You should, that thing helps a lot.

Goku , at the 28th tenkaichi implies that beating good buu in base isn't a problem for him

How is spopovitch weaker than video if he beated the crap out of her?

Soldierofficial
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soldierofficial » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:42 pm

p-hyvo wrote:i see a good quantity of errors in this list :

1- Piccolo, both in android saga and at cell games, is too weak in comparison to trunks

2- In general, the boosts you give are too small

3- C17= merged piccolo, why do you have 17> piccolo, moreover with a x1,25 gap?

4- Too much difference between goku and Vegeta at cell games

5- Vegeta is a bit stronger than trunks at the cell games

6- Gohan, when he became ssj2, was injuried and had a rage boost, so his ssj2 is not x2 of his standard ssj in that instance.

7- Why don't you just use grade 3's multiplier for cell's buff form? it is the same transformation basically. Just do perfect cell = ssj , then stack g3's multiplier on ssj on him

8- Gohan in buu saga got a zenkai after being drained by spopovitch

9- Goku and Vegeta are both stronger than piccolo and shin in base, and the manga has highlighted that thing multiple times

10- Base gotenks is stronger than ssj trunks and ssj gotten

11- Kid buu is stronger than super buu

12- You didn't made any correction, what's the point of reposting then?kek

13- you don't use kiri, right? You should, that thing helps a lot.

14- Goku , at the 28th tenkaichi implies that beating good buu in base isn't a problem for him

15- How is spopovitch weaker than video if he beated the crap out of her?
1- Why?

2- Why?

3- I dont understand what you say, I have both with the same number.

4- Why?

5- Proof?

6- SSJ2 = Base x 100

7- Cell isnt a 100% saiyan

8- Proof?

9- No, they are not.

10- Why?

11- No, Super Boo is several times stronger than SSJ3 Goku. :wtf:

Super Boo >>> SSJ1 Gotenks > SSJ3 Goku >= Kid Boo

12- Why should I do it? In my opinion the list is correct, until now you have not convinced me of anything.

13- The list is using the scouter's units of Frieza's army, I am not taking into account the Babidi scale.

14- No, he never implied that, he never said that they could not use SSJ, besides it is not possible that Goku has increased his strength more than 100 times training 10 years on earth.

15- Videl was giving Spopovich a beating at the beginning of the fight, if Spopovich then started to have the advantage it was because Videl was exhausted, and Spopovich is a zombie incapable of getting tired, but at the beginning Videl was stronger.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Soldierofficial wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:i see a good quantity of errors in this list :

1- Piccolo, both in android saga and at cell games, is too weak in comparison to trunks

2- In general, the boosts you give are too small

3- C17= merged piccolo, why do you have 17> piccolo, moreover with a x1,25 gap?

4- Too much difference between goku and Vegeta at cell games

5- Vegeta is a bit stronger than trunks at the cell games

6- Gohan, when he became ssj2, was injuried and had a rage boost, so his ssj2 is not x2 of his standard ssj in that instance.

7- Why don't you just use grade 3's multiplier for cell's buff form? it is the same transformation basically. Just do perfect cell = ssj , then stack g3's multiplier on ssj on him

8- Gohan in buu saga got a zenkai after being drained by spopovitch

9- Goku and Vegeta are both stronger than piccolo and shin in base, and the manga has highlighted that thing multiple times

10- Base gotenks is stronger than ssj trunks and ssj gotten

11- Kid buu is stronger than super buu

12- You didn't made any correction, what's the point of reposting then?kek

13- you don't use kiri, right? You should, that thing helps a lot.

14- Goku , at the 28th tenkaichi implies that beating good buu in base isn't a problem for him

15- How is spopovitch weaker than video if he beated the crap out of her?
1- Why?

2- Why?

3- I dont understand what you say, I have both with the same number.

4- Why?

5- Proof?

6- SSJ2 = Base x 100

7- Cell isnt a 100% saiyan

8- Proof?

9- No, they are not.

10- Why?

11- No, Super Boo is several times stronger than SSJ3 Goku. :wtf:

Super Boo >>> SSJ1 Gotenks > SSJ3 Goku >= Kid Boo

12- Why should I do it? In my opinion the list is correct, until now you have not convinced me of anything.

13- The list is using the scouter's units of Frieza's army, I am not taking into account the Babidi scale.

14- No, he never implied that, he never said that they could not use SSJ, besides it is not possible that Goku has increased his strength more than 100 times training 10 years on earth.

15- Videl was giving Spopovich a beating at the beginning of the fight, if Spopovich then started to have the advantage it was because Videl was exhausted, and Spopovich is a zombie incapable of getting tired, but at the beginning Videl was stronger.

1) piccolo , both at cell games and facing the androids, demonstrated to be much closer to ssj trunks, and he was sure to be capable to beat an hypotetical new freezer level menance

2)saying that goku, in 3 years of strict training, goes from 33 to 40 is incredible lowballing

3) oh sorry, i missread that. kek

4) putting that much difference (x1,33) between them is too much, shorten it to a x1,25. that back up what vegeta said in buu saga, their difference had never changed (i assume from namecc)

5) vegeta is always stronger than trunks, and trunks needed g2 to compete with cell jrs ,meanwhile vegeta did with standard ssj

6) yes, but not in that occasion. gohan being injuried and rageboost invalidates that x100 in that specific occasion

7)ok, but the form is the same and has the sames characteristics. what are we speaking about?

8) at the start of the saga he was much weaker than goku/vegeta, then he jumped to a level in wich hwe isnt that much weaker than them anymore

9) yes they are, that is bbacked up in all the times they astonished shin into babidi's ship , and in the fact that vegeta was sure to win the tournament in base form even if 18 and piccolo were some of the other contendant

10) that is backed up by piccolo, his reaction in seeing base gotenks is much more intense than the one he had in seeing ssj trunks an goten

11) toriyama said it in an interview, so that's factual

13) kiris can be conbined with frieza's scouters, you know? just ny finding the key. plus using them is hella comfortable in buu saga and kiris helps a lot. at least, you mantain the proportions that toriyama gave, you know. it would be right to use them.

14) oh yes, he implied that.he said to goten that, if he had trained, facing buu wouldn't have been a problem for him, implying that, for himself, facing buu in base is not a problem anymore cause he trained and, as you said, they can't use ssj at the tournament.

15) i can give you that

SuperDragoon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperDragoon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:55 pm

Toriyama never said anything about Kid Buu being above Super Buu. Promotional material from Toei I believed claimed SSJ3 Goku=Buuhan, which is absurd. The manga makes it very clear that Super Buu is far above Kid Buu in terms of strength.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:19 am

Hey is it possible Android #19 is weaker than we thought? Vegeta's kick hurts him pretty bad and even leaves a mark. I don't think a off guard attack on far stronger guys has ever done that before. Even #20 manages to tank a punch from Goku without any damage.
p-hyvo wrote:11) toriyama said it in an interview, so that's factual
He never said that.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:46 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Hey is it possible Android #19 is weaker than we thought? Vegeta's kick hurts him pretty bad and even leaves a mark. I don't think a off guard attack on far stronger guys has ever done that before. Even #20 manages to tank a punch from Goku without any damage.
Yeah, it's certainly possible. Perhaps even most probable, considering the new official upper ceiling that exists on base Goku's power now and the more moderate Androids/Cell-arc power growth that goes along with it.

I've never thought that 19 and 20's initial powers were all that high, being well below Freeza's max and only surpassing him after a bunch of absorption. I'd wager that Gero's confidence against the Super Saiyans was based on planning to absorb a lot of energy, since at one point he starts to worry that 19 will take too much damage before he can close the gap.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:58 pm

ZombieVito wrote:Why would I scale GT? It's not canon.
So is Super :P
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:So yeah, him saying he's superior to the others is only concerning the members of his race since they are the ones he's interested in fighting. He doesn't even care about #18 or Piccolo.
Er... Wasn't you one of the guys that defends the theory that Base Saiyans had long surpassed Freeza in Z? Have you changed your mind?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:53 am

Kaboom wrote: Yeah, it's certainly possible. Perhaps even most probable, considering the new official upper ceiling that exists on base Goku's power now and the more moderate Androids/Cell-arc power growth that goes along with it.

I've never thought that 19 and 20's initial powers were all that high, being well below Freeza's max and only surpassing him after a bunch of absorption. I'd wager that Gero's confidence against the Super Saiyans was based on planning to absorb a lot of energy, since at one point he starts to worry that 19 will take too much damage before he can close the gap.
Well you don’t have to worry about ceiling if you follow the “Base hits limits” argument 8)

But yeah, they probably aren’t a big deal. I’m thinking they’re weaker than Freeza even post absorbtions given how they were quickly forgotten. Perhaps 19 is closer to base than to SSJ given the damage Vegeta did.
Noah wrote:Er... Wasn't you one of the guys that defends the theory that Base Saiyans had long surpassed Freeza in Z? Have you changed your mind?
Yup, changed my mind.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Noah wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:Why would I scale GT? It's not canon.
So is Super :P
Er.....Ummmm....I've got some bad news for ya buddy......

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 pm

PFM18 wrote:Er.....Ummmm....I've got some bad news for ya buddy......
If your bad news is Dragon Ball (manga) Vol. 43 introducing the story told in Super (anime), then I'll be worried.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Noah wrote:
If your bad news is Dragon Ball (manga) Vol. 43 introducing the story told in Super (anime), then I'll be worried.
Written by Toriyama = canon

Toriyama writes Super. It's literally that simple.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:57 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Noah wrote:

Toriyama writes a list of bullet points detailing the basic plot structure of each arc, which Toei and Toyotaro then extrapolate into an anime and manga, respectively. I'd hardly call that "writing Super", especially considering the large number of characters, forms, and other details that Toriyama didn't come up with, like Kale or Ultra Instinct Omen or Super Kaioken. Toriyama didn't "write" those aspects. Are they canon? And which version of Super is canon anyways? The manga, which Toriyama seems to have the greatest amount of influence over, or the anime, which is the version most people interact with and is the one that's constantly ahead in terms of content?
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:29 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Noah wrote:

Toriyama writes a list of bullet points detailing the basic plot structure of each arc, which Toei and Toyotaro then extrapolate into an anime and manga, respectively. I'd hardly call that "writing Super", especially considering the large number of characters, forms, and other details that Toriyama didn't come up with, like Kale or Ultra Instinct Omen or Super Kaioken. Toriyama didn't "write" those aspects. Are they canon? And which version of Super is canon anyways? The manga, which Toriyama seems to have the greatest amount of influence over, or the anime, which is the version most people interact with and is the one that's constantly ahead in terms of content?
What makes you think Omen isn't a Toriyama thing?

Toriyama writes an outline with all of the main ideas, he receives suggestions for his story and he approves or denies them. But ultimately, everything goes through him. This is ultimately Toriyama's story considering essentially everything(or everything important) either originated from Toriyama, or was approved by Toriyama. Both versions of the story are canon to their respective continuity.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:58 pm

PFM18 wrote: Written by Toriyama = canon

That’s oversimplification. Not only Toriyama doesn’t write Super, but he also hasn’t the power to decide what is canon.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:58 am

Hugo Boss wrote:

That’s oversimplification. Not only Toriyama doesn’t write Super, but he also hasn’t the power to decide what is canon.
Toriyama IS the canon. He is the series creator, he decides what matters and what doesn't. Essentially Everything in Super was either written by him, or approved by him. It's semantics to say he didn't write it.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:57 am

PFM18 wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:

Toriyama IS the canon. He is the series creator, he decides what matters and what doesn't. Essentially Everything in Super was either written by him, or approved by him. It's semantics to say he didn't write it.
Toriyama is the original author of the manga. Canonicity has to do with officially established guidelines by the owners of the franchise. The author can own the manga, but in this case Toriyama doesn’t own it, his studio was hired to work in it. So, claiming his vision is the canon is not quite right. It could be and it couldn’t be. This decision belongs to Shueisha. His contribution to Dragon Ball Super are plot points and character designs, he doesn’t write/approve anime or movie storyboards, only approves storyboards of manga written by Toyotaro as a consultant. So, he doesn’t write Super in any sense of the word, nor he has any authority over it.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:07 pm

ahill's passionate battle power list:

Feel free to criticize/offer a feedback. It'd be appreciated.