Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
SMKirbyZX wrote: "He said, she said" stuff without any hard evidence. .
There’s been a bounty of hard evidence. But okay
Can I please ask which page the link to this was posted. This is not be being a dick and saying "well lets see this evident then", I genunilty want to take a look.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:25 pm

emi_b7 wrote:
Bruma rabu wrote: Hey, not sure what grade level readin you got but it's pretty obvious that "they" ment news sites. I never mention anything about victims.
The articles report stuff from testimonies on social media this past month. You said "the news sites drop these claims on the movies opening week and use "Dragon Ball" in their headlines" but the news sites don't pull this thing out of their asses, they report what the fanbase is talking about. You can't say "the news sites are shady" when they are just reporting what other people say and then pretend you are not douting those people. It's not that hard. You are questioning the legitimacy of what they are saying.
I'm questioning the timing to all this. From the looks of thing the guy is a fucking weirdo. I don't follow voice actors or Twitter or what ever I'm just going by what I'm seeing. I've been on this fourm for 3 years I never herd anybody talk about this guy feeling up some girl. I've had something worse happen to my sister and I have an idea what some victims are going through. Shit like this makes me extremely angry. So getting several post saying I'm dismissing the victims and that I'm the problem is shit. All I said is shady that they now just decided to report on this and have coincide with the movies grand opening. I never once said that I did/didn't believe the claims.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 pm

SMKirbyZX wrote:All I've seen so far are "He said, she said" stuff without any hard evidence. I'm not going to immediately shun a man who could potentially be innocent...
Alright...let's say I walked up to you, away from the eyes and ears of everyone else, and kicked you in the nards. I then go on to deny the incident in front of everyone else whenever you try to tell folks about what I did.

What are you going to do? What's your "hard evidence" there? Answer: You have none. There IS no good way of ensuring our conflict goes anywhere beyond "he said, he said".

And that's the case with survivors of sexual assault. Sueing Vic Mignogna is next to impossible; especially since sexual assault is a criminal case, not a civilian case. You must have enough evidence to where you can convince a jury's guilt of someone "beyond a shadow of reasonable doubt".

So no, we don't need to wait for harder evidence than what we already have (which is already about as solid as you're ever going to get in cases like this). It'd be nice to have, but it's likely never going to happen. Instead, we make a judgment call on what's most reasonable; and my reasoning tells me that if this guy's had such a long history of inappropriate behavior, and if there are THAT many testimonies coming from otherwise completely unrelated people, and if he's not even trying to deny whether he's done it or not (and only arguing about what he "intended" to do)...

Then yes, Mignogna is guilty, and deserves to lose his voice acting career; at least for 10 years or so.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Can I please ask which page the link to this was posted. This is not be being a dick and saying "well lets see this evident then", I genuinely want to take a look.
Here's what I know of in terms of actual hard evidence (photographs and all that):

Code: Select all

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-30/far-from-perfect-fans-recount-unwanted-affection-from-voice-actor-vic-mignogna/.142212

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd6OU_mOKA8
And here's the testimonies I know of, besides what's on Twitter...

Code: Select all

A relevant excerpt from "Illia Sadri": A long time con staff member
(https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3091940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105)

Tempet: ANN Publisher & CEO
(https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3091940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120)
SMKirbyZX wrote:All I've seen so far are "He said, she said" stuff without any hard evidence. I'm not going to immediately shun a man who could potentially be innocent...
Alright...let's say I walked up to you, away from the eyes and ears of everyone else, and kicked you in the nards. I then go on to deny the incident in front of everyone else whenever you try to tell folks about what I did.

What are you going to do? What's your "hard evidence" there? Answer: You have none. There IS no good way of ensuring our conflict goes anywhere beyond "he said, he said".

And that's the case with survivors of sexual assault. Sueing Vic Mignogna is next to impossible; especially since sexual assault is a criminal case, not a civilian case. You must have enough evidence to where you can convince a jury's guilt of someone "beyond a shadow of reasonable doubt".

So no, we don't need to wait for harder evidence than what we already have (which is already about as solid as you're ever going to get in cases like this). It'd be nice to have, but it's likely never going to happen. Instead, we make a judgment call on what's most reasonable.

And my judgment call? Well, I'm an actual certified psychologist; and I know better than to discount a survivor's story based off of "why didn't she share her story sooner?". So I'm thinking that if this guy's had such a long history of inappropriate behavior, and if there are THAT many testimonies coming from otherwise completely unrelated people, and if he's not even trying to deny whether he's done it or not (and only arguing about what he "intended" to do)...

Then yes, Mignogna is guilty, and deserves to lose his voice acting career; at least for 10 years or so.
Last edited by Fionordequester on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:34 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:All I'm saying is that a lot of people probably just read the first post and then immediately posted a reply, without looking through the thread to see all of the other evidence and explanations that have been posted.
That could be conceivably forgivable...if said poster acknowledged their own failings and sought to be taught otherwise...but that is not taking place.
Well many times the discussion seems to go like this.

New poster (having only read the OP): I'm not convinced he's guilty, what about X?

Long-time poster: X again? This has been answered a hundred times already, read the damn thread!
This branch then flows into the loop of the "I'm not going to lay judgement until we see more evidence" and the "We have years of evidence!" replies.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Can I please ask which page the link to this was posted. This is not be being a dick and saying "well lets see this evident then", I genuinely want to take a look.
Thank you

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:39 pm

Keep in mind that that may not be everything. I haven't looked through the entire thread; so that's why I say "evidence that I know of".

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:40 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: There’s been a bounty of hard evidence. But okay
Then please post them. I'm not being rude or anything, I genuinely want to know.
JulieYBM wrote:
This is not our court. Dozens of people have come out against him. Photos exist. There's a video of him shoving his dick against the neck of Neil Kaplan, whom he had never met before.

Mic Vignogna is a predator and an abuser. He must be removed from fandom spaces and if possible prosecuted.
1. Who said Innocent until proven guilty can only be applied in court?
2. What photos? There are photos that are photoshopped, and some of the victims in the photos have come out and said they have no problem with Vic.
3. "There's a video of him shoving his dick against the neck of Neil Kaplan." This video? https://youtu.be/Nd6OU_mOKA8 If this is the video you mean, it seems to me like he was foolishly joking around. No malice at all.
Fionordequester wrote: Alright...let's say I walked up to you, away from the eyes and ears of everyone else, and kicked you in the nards. I then go on to deny the incident in front of everyone else whenever you try to tell folks about what I did.

So no, we don't need to wait for harder evidence than what we already have (which is already about as solid as you're ever going to get in cases like this). It'd be nice to have, but it's likely never going to happen. Instead, we make a judgment call on what's most reasonable; and my reasoning tells me that if this guy's had such a long history of inappropriate behavior, and if there are THAT many testimonies coming from otherwise completely unrelated people, and if he's not even trying to deny whether he's done it or not (and only arguing about what he "intended" to do)...

I'm not sure your comparison is similar to the current situation...

Nevertheless, I agree that actual evidence for sexual assault is difficult to find. However, I still firmly believe that these cases should be looked upon with caution. I'm not saying "Don't believe the victim," I'm saying that you should at least look at all sides of the story first. You should sympathize with the victim, yes, but also listen to the other side. These cases are hard to deal with.

More and more info is being put out, so I personally will reserve judgment. In regards to the evidence you posted, Anime News Network seems suspicious to me after the photoshopped image. If I'm wrog, I'll gladly say that I'm wrong. Again, I don't have much of an opinion in this matter.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 pm

Bruma rabu wrote:
emi_b7 wrote:
Bruma rabu wrote: Hey, not sure what grade level readin you got but it's pretty obvious that "they" ment news sites. I never mention anything about victims.
The articles report stuff from testimonies on social media this past month. You said "the news sites drop these claims on the movies opening week and use "Dragon Ball" in their headlines" but the news sites don't pull this thing out of their asses, they report what the fanbase is talking about. You can't say "the news sites are shady" when they are just reporting what other people say and then pretend you are not douting those people. It's not that hard. You are questioning the legitimacy of what they are saying.
I'm questioning the timing to all this. From the looks of thing the guy is a fucking weirdo. I don't follow voice actors or Twitter or what ever I'm just going by what I'm seeing. I've been on this fourm for 3 years I never herd anybody talk about this guy feeling up some girl. I've had something worse happen to my sister and I have an idea what some victims are going through. Shit like this makes me extremely angry. So getting several post saying I'm dismissing the victims and that I'm the problem is shit. All I said is shady that they now just decided to report on this and have coincide with the movies grand opening. I never once said that I did/didn't believe the claims.
Well I guess you just made a comment without informing yourself about the situation very well. That's still a mistake but I can understand that, sorry if I lumped you with the other people.
Anyway, as you can see in the links in my first post people have been talking about this guy's behavior for years. I'm sure some sites/videos might be using "DRAGON BALL VOICE ACTOR" as clickbait because of the timing (I don't think that's the case with the one in the OP though) but the claims against him have nothing to do with those sites. They started appearing in social media and as it gained notoriety, more people began sharing their stories (including another Dragon Ball VA) which tends to be the case with these things. Thankfully it was noticed this time, with other VA supporting the victims and cons canceling their invitations to this guy. If there were no articles like the one in the OP this thing would have dissapeared and nothing would have happened and those testimonies wouldjust stay there forever like those on the other links

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 pm

Photoshopped? From what I understand, there was someone SUGGESTING they photo shop some stuff to make Vic look worse, and politely declined. After that, some mysterious user began telling everyone that there were photoshopped images.

EDIT: Ah, here we are...

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:50 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Photoshopped? From what I understand, there was someone SUGGESTING they photoshop some stuff to make Vic look worse, and politely declined. After that, some mysterious user began telling everyone that there were photoshopped images.

Yeah, and this video sums up the photoshop accusation: https://youtu.be/5H3soKn-m0A

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:53 pm

Ah, and here's a pic I didn't know of before...

Oof...now THERE'S someone who doesn't look too happy :sick:

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:54 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:
Thank you
I'm not saying it's those specific pics posted, but some of the pictures used as "proof" had the people in the actual photos come out and say they were ok with it and didn't want to be a part of it, and there has been leaked facebook group posts of people saying they wanted to photo shop a pic of Vic hugging someone so his hand would be on her breast.
So far the most convincing thing for me is the english voice of Bulma speaking out against him, but most of the fan have seemed to be questionable. Like he knows he is having his picture taken by someone in public, if he was maliciously trying to sexually assault them do you think he would be doing it in front of everyone? He might be "weird" and overly touchy, but I'm not sure if that should be enough to ruin his career ended. However if he is actually sexually assaulting people or has been touching people who clearly told them they didn't want him to do so, that's a different story.

These are some of the videos that provide the evidence for what I said above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3soKn-m0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDPM4djy_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEM-w3vhF9Y

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:57 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Photoshopped? From what I understand, there was someone SUGGESTING they photo shop some stuff to make Vic look worse, and politely declined. After that, some mysterious user began telling everyone that there were photoshopped images.

That picture just makes that person look like they're with Vic and want to make his victims look like liars, who responds like that?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:00 am

Indeed.

Also, the pictures in question are still indicative of inappropriate behavior, regardless of if the folks who shared it with him were willing or not. I mean...if I was a 40-58 year old male voice actor, and a 15 year old girl asked me to put my tongue down her throat...would I be morally justified in doing so, just because she asked?

My answer would still be "no". That's the logic behind using the consensual pics.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:06 am

SMKirbyZX wrote:
Then please post them. I'm not being rude or anything, I genuinely want to know.
Fan testimonies of Mignogna’s creepy behavior toward women is not new

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/20 ... s/67872530

https://hetalia-wank.livejournal.com/31 ... 71#t115571

http://vicmeggnognahorrorstories.tumblr ... /%20Creepy

As I’ve said to the point of being a broken record this has been an open secret for years. Frankly, the idea that all these people are lying to “get Vic” and had been doing so for years is ridiculous.

There are photos of Vic with fans as young as 14 in the very article that inspires the creation of this thread.
Photos that no reasonable human being can honestly say is appropriate between a fully grown adult male and a teenager. And the “photoshop” counter argument has been thoroughly debunked.

To believe Vic is “innocent” you would have to believe so many women with no relation or connection to each other (including Monica Rial) are just out to destroy Vic because...reasons I guess. And they all been working on this mass conspiracy for years

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:13 am

MasenkoHA wrote:
SMKirbyZX wrote:

As I’ve said to the point of being a broken record this has been an open secret for years. Frankly, the idea that all these people are lying to “get Vic” and had been doing so for years is ridiculous.

There are photos of Vic with fans as young as 14 in the very article that inspires the creation of this thread.
Photos that no reasonable human being can honestly say is appropriate between a fully grown adult male and a teenager. And the “photoshop” counter argument has been thoroughly debunked.

To believe Vic is “innocent” you would have to believe so many women with no relation or connection to each other (including Monica Rial) are just out to destroy Vic because...reasons I guess. And they all been working on this mass conspiracy for years
Wow, that second one just shows a frightening amount of creepiness and self-entitlement.

Monica Rial hasn't actually given her account of things yet, though right?

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 am

MasenkoHA wrote:
SMKirbyZX wrote:

I'm sorry, but none of what you posted has swayed me in any way. The sad fact is that it's easy to make up a story, so it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical of someone just saying that he did something. Vic's weird, yeah, but nothing is 100% convincing me of his alleged behavior.

How was the photoshopped counter argument debunked?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:19 am

SMKirbyZX wrote:How was the photoshopped counter argument debunked?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 am

Fionordequester wrote:Indeed.

Also, the pictures in question are still indicative of inappropriate behavior, regardless of if the folks who shared it with him were willing or not. I mean...if I was a 40-58 year old male voice actor, and a 15 year old girl asked me to put my tongue down her throat...would I be morally justified in doing so, just because she asked?

My answer would still be "no". That's the logic behind using the consensual pics.
MasenkoHA wrote:

Thanks guys. I've skimmed over this purly because it's now 4 in morning but it don't look good. Even giving the man the benefit of the doubt (and he's not a predator), he's got some serous boundry issues that cross over into assult reguardless of intent.

If he is one this could be a lot worse then it looks, as you said a lot of people could be to scared to come forward. To not even go that far back look at all the stuff that came out about that JewWario guy last year and even with all that the vast majority of victims refused to come forward even in name because of his fans. And if that wasn't bad enough you've got morons on the internet trying to encourage falsifying evidence which will harm any legitim claims.

I said I'd come at this fair and from what I've seen Vic isn't looking good. He's either a predator or has issues going by this, which in my book is not excuse. Even if you don't mean harm, you shouldn't be allowed to wander round causing it.