Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dagon
Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Dagon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:26 am

Proof of falsified evidence and proof that voice actors(Monica Rial, Chris Sabat, Niel Kaplan) have an agenda against Vic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEM-w3vhF9Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3soKn-m0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDPM4djy_k

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 am

Dagon wrote:Proof of falsified evidence and proof that voice actors(Monica Rial, Chris Sabat, Niel Kaplan) have an agenda against Vic.
Bunch of bullshit. We've had enough information by now to deduc e that one person "falsifying" evidence is not responsible for everything.
These youtube videos are shit, like all from one user who is furiously defending him.
Last edited by Zinnia on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:59 am

Dagon wrote:Proof of falsified evidence and proof that voice actors(Monica Rial, Chris Sabat, Niel Kaplan) have an agenda against Vic.
These have already been addressed upthread, at least twice, with hard evidence that there are trolls infiltrating KickVic groups and trying to make them look bad. I don't know why people keep posting the links to these videos; they're absurd.

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:01 am

Terez wrote:These have already been addressed upthread, at least twice, with hard evidence that there are trolls infiltrating KickVic groups and trying to make them look bad. I don't know why people keep posting the links to these videos; they're absurd.
Not to mention the ads on these videos, using drama for your own personal gain.. yikes

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:05 am

For the record, Anime News Network has already updated it's article for further clarity. Now, every picture posted there is paired with a personal testimony of the persons IN said pics ("J", "Taylor", and "Azure" respectively). Any argument for "the pics were posted out of context" is now gone.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... na/.142212
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:45 am

Zinnia wrote:Bunch of bullshit. We've had enough information by now to deduc e that one person "falsifying" evidence is not responsible for everything.
These youtube videos are shit, like all from one user who is furiously defending him.
Funny how no one ever, not ever once went to the police, especially in the stories about Vic making out with underage girls or feeling them up in his booth at cons. Nope, not one person called the cops or caught it on video. Nope not ever. How convenient.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:47 am

Dagon wrote:
Zinnia wrote:Bunch of bullshit. We've had enough information by now to deduc e that one person "falsifying" evidence is not responsible for everything.
Funny how no one ever, not ever once went to the police, especially in the stories about Vic making out with underage girls or feeling them up in his booth at cons. Nope, not one person called the cops or caught it on video. Nope not ever. How convenient.
So it’s clear you’re completely and utterly clueless and have nothing worthwhile to add to the discussion.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:59 am

MasenkoHA wrote: So it’s clear you’re completely and utterly clueless and have nothing worthwhile to add to the discussion.
All I've seen are "he said/she said" allegations. No concrete evidence. Unlike Neil Kaplan, who has concrete evidence against him that he was putting the moves on his assistant for a con(text screencaps).
This reminds me of stories of certain celebrity women that had rumors of having wild sex parties once they got to college, stories of, well all sorts of tremendously hardcore acts. Yet not one person ever recorded it happening, despite everyone having a phone with a camera on them these days. The stories were just BS fantasies of horny dudes on the internet.
There seems to be an agenda against Vic from his fellow voice actors(Monica and Chris) to get him removed from the business. So they jump on the bandwagon of the old fantasy stories coming up again with the release of the new movie as their chance to get rid of him.

And you know it's funny how the first person to go to a lawyer is Vic, for character assassination/defamation of character, yet despite the supposed years-long allegations, no one ever went to the cops prior, no one ever caught him in the act despite everyone having cameras on them now.

From what I see, Vic suffered these allegations because he's a Christian who is likely not in support of gay marriage, and refuses to sign Yaoi art, so the ultra-pro-left wants to bury him for having a different personal opinion than theirs, so they make up stories. Combine fake stories with Vic's personality of being ultra-nice and warm-hearted, and people twist his behavior to be something nefarious.

If this is wrong then I'll pleasantly wait for someone to produce concrete caught-in-the-act evidence that says otherwise.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:07 am

Dagon wrote:
MasenkoHA wrote: So it’s clear you’re completely and utterly clueless and have nothing worthwhile to add to the discussion.
All I've seen are "he said/she said" allegations. No concrete evidence. Unlike Neil Kaplan, who has concrete evidence against him that he was putting the moves on his assistant for a con(text screencaps).
This reminds me of stories of certain celebrity women that had rumors of having wild sex parties once they got to college, stories of, well all sorts of tremendously hardcore acts. Yet not one person ever recorded it happening, despite everyone having a phone with a camera on them these days. The stories were just BS fantasies of horny dudes on the internet.
There seems to be an agenda against Vic from his fellow voice actors(Monica and Chris) to get him removed from the business. So they jump on the bandwagon of the old fantasy stories coming up again with the release of the new movie as their chance to get rid of him.

And you know it's funny how the first person to go to a lawyer is Vic, for character assassination/defamation of character, yet despite the supposed years-long allegations, no one ever went to the cops prior, no one ever caught him in the act despite everyone having cameras on them now.

From what I see, Vic suffered these allegations because he's a Christian who is likely not in support of gay marriage, and refuses to sign Yaoi art, so the ultra-pro-left wants to bury him for having a different personal opinion than theirs, so they make up stories. Combine fake stories with Vic's personality of being ultra-nice and warm-hearted, and people twist his behavior to be something nefarious.

If this is wrong then I'll pleasantly wait for someone to produce concrete caught-in-the-act evidence that says otherwise.
So, everyone who’s coming out against Vic, who have never met one another before including Monica Rial, are all meanies conspiring against him because he’s a sweet innocent man of God? Mind you this would have to be a 15 years conspiracy in the making. Talk about a long con.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 am

Dagon wrote:Funny how no one ever, not ever once went to the police, especially in the stories about Vic making out with underage girls or feeling them up in his booth at cons. Nope, not one person called the cops or caught it on video. Nope not ever. How convenient.
Dagon wrote:And you know it's funny how the first person to go to a lawyer is Vic, for character assassination/defamation of character, yet despite the supposed years-long allegations, no one ever went to the cops prior, no one ever caught him in the act despite everyone having cameras on them now.
Kunzait already broke down why this happens. Many sexual assault victims only tell of their experiences to a total number of people you could generously count on one hand.

If you want your evidence, there's tons of photos with allegations of the ones in the pictures line in the ANN article.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:20 am

I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:26 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Don't know if this has been posted here but looks like the FB account asking for people to photoshop pictures is fake.
Wooaahhh... big surprise. Very ironic how Vic defenders used that as their evidence to defend him, yet they're framing innocent people themselves. As if the hole wasn't deep enough already.
Last edited by Zinnia on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:27 am

KBABZ wrote: Kunzait already broke down why this happens. Many sexual assault victims only tell of their experiences to a total number of people you could generously count on one hand.

If you want your evidence, there's tons of photos with allegations of the ones in the pictures line in the ANN article.
So over the last 15 years there must have been at least 100 people assaulted. And u are telling us that all of them were having this problem about not speaking up about it. Yea sure.

This shit was happening in front of thousands of people and no one went to police. Not a single person. I am sorry, but that is weird.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:30 am

IM21 wrote:
KBABZ wrote: Kunzait already broke down why this happens. Many sexual assault victims only tell of their experiences to a total number of people you could generously count on one hand.

So over the last 15 years there must have been at least 100 people assaulted. And u are telling us that all of them were having this problem about not speaking up about it. Yea sure.

This shit was happening in front of thousands of people and no one went to police. Not a single person. I am sorry, but that is weird.
Or.. or they did try and tell people and were quickly shut up about it in order to not make waves.

Selsiuss
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Selsiuss » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 am

Notice a trend between who is banned and the content of their posts.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:38 am

IM21 wrote:So over the last 15 years there must have been at least 100 people assaulted. And u are telling us that all of them were having this problem about not speaking up about it. Yea sure.

For the love of god, I am not just putting these links to statistical analysis/professional academic studies into all my posts in this thread just because I aesthetically like the color blue in my text. Click this shit and actually take the time read its contents.

"Only 230 out of every 1,000 sexual assaults are reported to police. That means about 3 out of 4 go unreported." - RAINN, literally the world's largest and most robust anti-sexual violence organization.

So yes. It is INCREDIBLY likely that over 100 people very well were probably assaulted by this creep and next to NONE of them would've filed a police report over it. Considering the rumors of this shit surrounding Mignogna for years, its likely they just told some close friends who passed it around the grapevine: but it is VERY overwhelmingly common that a VAST majority of sexual assault victims (including out and out RAPE victims) DON'T report it to the police.

And the reason they don't is specifically BECAUSE a large chunk of our society is full of complete and utter dipshits, like yourself and many of the other "skeptics" in this thread who's knee-jerk response is to come to the defense of the accused perpetrator and cross-examine the living fuck out of victims that actually DO try to come forward, and then fancy themselves as "smart" and "fair/even handed" for doing so. This is SUPER common and HAS LONG BEEN super common in our society/culture for many, MANY decades now, and its one of the number 1 reasons why sexual assault crimes are allowed to persist to the degree that they do.

So yes, I am 100% backed by statistical analysis, the conclusions of literally COUNTLESS psychologists who's field of expertise is dealing with sexual assault victims, as well as just plain stone cold reality when I say this:

You are not only objectively, factually, empirically, and morally/ethically wrong, you are also helping CONTRIBUTE to the problem of WHY most women DON'T report their being sexually assaulted to the police when you continue to spew this grotesquely stupid nonsense and don't listen to people who are TRYING their damndest to explain this shit to you clearly and concisely.

I don't give two flying fucks if I hurt your precious feelings when I say this: quit being a gigantic fucking asshole and actually do some serious reading and actually LISTEN to both actual clinical experts on sexual assault cases as well as the stories of sexual assault victims and what they go through.

"Facts don't care about your feelings" etc.

And for the umpteenth time: problems like THIS are EXACTLY why a movement like #MeToo has been both overwhelmingly positive and VERY necessary in seeing actual societal progress in correcting this issue. That is OVERWHELMINGLY more important in the grander scheme of things than the .002% of #MeToo claims that actually turned out to be bullshit.

This is why #MeToo was in fact NOT some "feminist conspiracy plot" to "attack men" or a "lynch mob mentality gone out of control" or whatever moronic, childish nonsense some of you overgrown fucking infants might've picked up from various 4chan and RedPill shit-stains out there; #MeToo was a LONG pent-up and oncoming societal fallout that was all but INEVITABLE after SO many literal generations of this crap being allowed to persist out in the world: and mainly just needed a platform like social media to help kickstart it.

And yes, this is why some posters in here (including both myself and this site's owner) are going scorched earth on so many people in here who think they're being "above the fray" by brainlessly playing into the very exact problem that makes so many sexual assault victims NOT come forward in the first place: because this information has LONG been out there, and by now it SHOULD be common fucking sense to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.

This isn't some dumbfuck shonen manga: this is real life and the hurt/suffering of real flesh and blood human beings out there.
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:54 am

While a lot of great information has come out of this thread, I'm starting to think another reason moderators are keeping this thread open is so they know whom to give the boot.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:04 pm

Real talk: For whatever little its worth, I'm not at all in the least bit surprised whatsoever that there are this many dense, hopelessly sheltered and insulated motherfuckers on this forum: my running dry of patience in having to parent and babysit hopelessly sheltered, insulated manchildren on this site was a LARGE part of what lead me to leaving this place for quite a long time several years back.

Weirdly enough, this thread has if nothing else, actually somewhat heartened me slightly via seeing how much actual growing the hell up at least a few of the more old-school users around here have actually, finally done in the intervening years since my pre-exodus years. Better late than never, but good on those people.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:10 pm

Good lord, I’m shocked at just how thick headed some people can be regarding this. When you have as many allegations as this man has, for as long as it’s been, how can people possibly still try to defend him and claim it’s a “conspiracy”?

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:Good lord, I’m shocked at just how thick headed some people can be regarding this. When you have as many allegations as this man has, for as long as it’s been, how can people possibly still try to defend him and claim it’s a “conspiracy”?
It doesn't help when nefarious people deliberately muddy up the facts by making fake accounts to try and make the actual victims look bad, like the Facebook screenshots up thread. Then there are claims that some pictures really were doctored in the past. It's insane to even try and know what's what here.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn