"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Koitsukai wrote:I'm disappointed with one of Broly's ultimate, I love the roar blast but the other one is the same the old Broly has!! and is slow as hell
He not only does not do that in the movie, he does a way cooler attack throwing two giant ki balls that make a tsunami and that attack destroys the ice stage and lava comes out.
Well there are 3 Attacks that new Broly could have as Ultimates in XV3 if they add in his Wrathful Form & SSJ Form.

Wrathful Form gets: https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Planet_Crusher

SSJ Form gets:
https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Gigantic_Omegastorm

SSJ Full Power Gets:

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Gigantic_Catastrophe

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:27 pm

Koitsukai wrote:I'm disappointed with one of Broly's ultimate, I love the roar blast but the other one is the same the old Broly has!! and is slow as hell
He not only does not do that in the movie, he does a way cooler attack throwing two giant ki balls that make a tsunami and that attack destroys the ice stage and lava comes out.
I find it only works on enemies with long stamina bars after breaking their stamina. Even then, its a crap shoot if you can actually catch them in it.

Works well enough on the giant apes though.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 am

The raid to get the coats is on for the next 2 days. 15k for gokus coat, 30k for vegetas.

Dont ask me how damage is calculated I'm still not sure

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:10 am

They still haven’t fixed the sound mix. Anime BGM is so quiet compared to rest of the game and new DLC voices are way down compared to te rest of the roster... Physics is weird on Broly movie coats, they are like the Marilyn Monroe’s dress. I find these new DLC’s rushed and lacking.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:42 pm

MCDaveG wrote:They still haven’t fixed the sound mix. Anime BGM is so quiet compared to rest of the game and new DLC voices are way down compared to te rest of the roster... Physics is weird on Broly movie coats, they are like the Marilyn Monroe’s dress. I find these new DLC’s rushed and lacking.
Yeah, most of new Broly's moves suddenly make him float in the air. Kind of a pain when trying to get stamina back.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:27 pm

You know what really ticks me off about this game besides the netcode and RNG? The fact that we have to start the whole game over every time we create a new CAC. Granted, I haven't done this because I only have one CAC, but come on Dimps! Come on! Who the hell asked for this?! Who thought this was necessary?! I sure as hell didn't! And I hope in the future updates that they completely patch this out of the game. Or if they can't do that, why not make it a choice for if people want to replay the story or not, which let's be honest, nobody wants to. Do you guys see where I'm coming from here? And also, what do you guys think, do you think it's dumb that we have to replay the story mode over and over again everytime we create a new CAC, and it should either be patched out of the game or changed to where it's an option, or are you for some reason fine with this ridiculous feature?
Caulifla best girl! :)

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:50 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know what really ticks me off about this game besides the netcode and RNG? The fact that we have to start the whole game over every time we create a new CAC. Granted, I haven't done this because I only have one CAC, but come on Dimps! Come on! Who the hell asked for this?! Who thought this was necessary?! I sure as hell didn't! And I hope in the future updates that they completely patch this out of the game. Or if they can't do that, why not make it a choice for if people want to replay the story or not, which let's be honest, nobody wants to. Do you guys see where I'm coming from here? And also, what do you guys think, do you think it's dumb that we have to replay the story mode over and over again everytime we create a new CAC, and it should either be patched out of the game or changed to where it's an option, or are you for some reason fine with this ridiculous feature?
No youre right it was ridiculous and made it so annoying to get all the transformations. Even stranger, it wasnt like that in XV1. Hopefully it wont be like this in XV3.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:04 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know what really ticks me off about this game besides the netcode and RNG? The fact that we have to start the whole game over every time we create a new CAC. Granted, I haven't done this because I only have one CAC, but come on Dimps! Come on! Who the hell asked for this?! Who thought this was necessary?! I sure as hell didn't! And I hope in the future updates that they completely patch this out of the game. Or if they can't do that, why not make it a choice for if people want to replay the story or not, which let's be honest, nobody wants to. Do you guys see where I'm coming from here? And also, what do you guys think, do you think it's dumb that we have to replay the story mode over and over again everytime we create a new CAC, and it should either be patched out of the game or changed to where it's an option, or are you for some reason fine with this ridiculous feature?
XV2 is a lot more forgiving than XV1 in that regard. The only thing you have to do again with a new character is play through the story. Well, that and unlock characters again. Having us do the story over again is perfectly reasonable, IMO. You wouldn't complain about having to do Skyrim's story again when making a new character. Why should Xenoverse be any different? I can't think of many games where starting a new character doesn't mean starting from scratch. It would be nice, however, if I didn't have to unlock all the characters again. Especially the ones you have to use the Dragon Balls to get.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Well I've been cheated. I had over 20,000 damage and contribution points in the raid to get the Goku jacket but all they gave me was the Kefla wig...

Xenoverse reaaaaaally trying to make me quit playing this game. Both jackets better be in a TP shop or available through a gift somehow later or I'm probably calling it quits.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Logania wrote:Well I've been cheated. I had over 20,000 damage and contribution points in the raid to get the Goku jacket but all they gave me was the Kefla wig...

Xenoverse reaaaaaally trying to make me quit playing this game. Both jackets better be in a TP shop or available through a gift somehow later or I'm probably calling it quits.
I hope all the previous raid items wind up in the TP shop one day. Even if it's at an increased cost to appease those that did not get cheated. At least as compensation for having no other way of knowing when raids go on aside from this thread (at least for me)

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:14 pm

Logania wrote:Well I've been cheated. I had over 20,000 damage and contribution points in the raid to get the Goku jacket but all they gave me was the Kefla wig...

The way this game is horribly ran for western markets despite the tremendous sales is absolutely baffling.

There's a reason they call it "Scamco" I guess~

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:03 am

Kokonoe wrote:

The way this game is horribly ran for western markets despite the tremendous sales is absolutely baffling.

There's a reason they call it "Scamco" I guess~
Were you keeping track yourself or checked on the actual board before it ended? I ended up with 34k because the news board never updated properly and had to play heaps extra. It definitely sucks

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:26 am

nato25 wrote:Were you keeping track yourself or checked on the actual board before it ended? I ended up with 34k because the news board never updated properly and had to play heaps extra. It definitely sucks
Every 2-3 games I run on down to the News Board and see how far I am, I never check the end game results screen at the end of the mission. It updated every time I checked on it.

15,000 points was listed for Goku's jacket on a lot of sites and forums for the raid but I didn't know if it was Damage or Contribution points so I just did both and did 20,000 points just to be sure that I got it. To my surprise however, they didn't give it to me.

I know it wasn't the lack of points as my friends I play Xenoverse 2 with got the jacket as well and they had around the same points I did, the game just did me dirty and not give me my reward.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:46 pm

So I'm planning to buy the latest dlc, and I wanted to hear from you guys how ssb gogeta and broly play. I've heard good things from both. I've heard that gogeta is really fast and is combo heavy. I haven't heard much from broly but I've heard his skills are unique in that with stamina, you get to use them while getting attacked, which sounds op.

So are they both worth it.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:So I'm planning to buy the latest dlc, and I wanted to hear from you guys how ssb gogeta and broly play. I've heard good things from both. I've heard that gogeta is really fast and is combo heavy. I haven't heard much from broly but I've heard his skills are unique in that with stamina, you get to use them while getting attacked, which sounds op.

Gogeta is certainly interesting. Two versions, both have interesting moves. And if you enter the Super Kamehameha twice (second time while charging it up), you gain a temporary boost in power and speed. Like Kaioken, but without the stamina/health draining aspects.

Super Broly is probably my favorite. Unlike old one, his stats are good, and he attacks quickly. Two of his moves can be launched while still being hit, and not be canceled. But they each take 2 bars. For Ultimates, he has the classic Broly move (can sometimes get it off in PQs, but it is risky), and a new one that does more damage the more damaged Broly himself is.

And his moveset is just plain brutal.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:58 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:So I'm planning to buy the latest dlc, and I wanted to hear from you guys how ssb gogeta and broly play. I've heard good things from both. I've heard that gogeta is really fast and is combo heavy. I haven't heard much from broly but I've heard his skills are unique in that with stamina, you get to use them while getting attacked, which sounds op.

Gogeta is certainly interesting. Two versions, both have interesting moves. And if you enter the Super Kamehameha twice (second time while charging it up), you gain a temporary boost in power and speed. Like Kaioken, but without the stamina/health draining aspects.

Super Broly is probably my favorite. Unlike old one, his stats are good, and he attacks quickly. Two of his moves can be launched while still being hit, and not be canceled. But they each take 2 bars. For Ultimates, he has the classic Broly move (can sometimes get it off in PQs, but it is risky), and a new one that does more damage the more damaged Broly himself is.

And his moveset is just plain brutal.
So both characters are worth it... nice to hear.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Best thing about SSB Gogeta is his Big Bang Kamehameha actually teleports. Surprised they didn't bother to update SS4 Gogeta with the same thing.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:Best thing about SSB Gogeta is his Big Bang Kamehameha actually teleports. Surprised they didn't bother to update SS4 Gogeta with the same thing.
SSB stronger than SS4 confirmed. lol

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:56 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:Best thing about SSB Gogeta is his Big Bang Kamehameha actually teleports. Surprised they didn't bother to update SS4 Gogeta with the same thing.
Takes a while to charge it up to that point though. Not bad in group settings, but one on one, not good.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:04 pm

To me the best DLC by far. Broly is a beast and his Super Attacks are pretty cool and as seen in the movie, his ultimate is the boring Gigantic Blast I think is called and the great green roar that Gogeta dodges in the movie and is just as powerful as you would want it to be, two or three of those and they are out. Fun to play with and really useful, some of his combos are really cool, and his Gigantic Blast works great on ohzarus for those PQs. His one-time ki explosion thing when holding R3 recovers his health and stamina which he has a lot of.
Gogeta Blue is fast (not as Vegito Blue), has some good combos, and his ki explosion thing gives him stronger attacks and ki recovery. First version has the blue ki spam finishing move from the movie as an ultimate and 100xBig Bang KHH, and a cool moveset from the movie. Also there is a good counterattack move. Too bad there is no charge.
Second version doesn't take much from the movie as the first one, the ultimates are Super KHH and 100xBig Bang KHH. It has BBKHH as a super which teleports behind the enemy when firing, and it has charge. Easier to manage than the first version, but less flashy and original.

And while I'm at it, does anybody know how to get Big Bang Kame Hame Ha? not the ultimate, the super, the one that Gogeta Blue has and IIRC, Gogeta SS4 aswell. I heard it appeared on the shop on weekends but I haven't seen it.