Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bruma rabu
Regular

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:37 pm

nato25 wrote:That longform Twitter post seems pretty hard to not believe. I don't want people crucified for actions from 25 years ago however, not saying its OK, but to fire him from his current job for personality traits he could have easily amended by now seems unfair, similar to the James Gunn firing about that comment from ages ago.

However if this has taken place during his professional time with Funimation which I guess is a very a long time now, then yes he has to go I suppose. A shame he has committed these crimes if true, he had a huge passionate fan base and seemed to be a fun, friendly guy at cons.
If what this person is saying is true, its not even comparable to what Gunn did. Like bro that shit was heading towards rape. All Gunn did was show he had zero talent for dark humor. If the other claims are true also, dude didn't fix shit over the 25 years.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 pm

Actually, I'm gonna repost this every page, since I'm tired of folks asking "where's the evidence?"...
Here's my very in complete list of what has been gathered:

Only 230 out of 1000 Sexual Assaults are Reported (also gives reasons for why that is):
https://www.rainn.org/statistics/crimin ... ice-system

Relevant excerpts from "Illia Sadri": A long time con staff member
(https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/ph ... &start=105)

Tempet: ANN Publisher & CEO
(https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/ph ... &start=120)

More Relevant Excerpts reaching as far back as 2011:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/20 ... s/67872530
https://hetalia-wank.livejournal.com/31 ... 71#t115571
http://vicmeggnognahorrorstories.tumblr ... /%20Creepy

Photoshopping Claim is False (note how Valerie Dave's name was NOT blanked out when this was leaked):
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 01/1cb.jpg
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 03/fcf.jpg
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 05/ab1.jpg

"Valerie Depa" FB Account was Stolen from Someone Else to Smear "KickVic":
https://www.deviantart.com/laundrysoapm ... -784600047
Anything anyone wants to add to this?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:01 am

Don’t repost it every page. If people are STILL asking for evidence, then it’s their problem for not reading the previous pages.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:08 am

But not everyone is going to read the previous pages. So since that's not something I can help, I'd prefer to just avoid going in circles.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:18 am

nato25 wrote:That longform Twitter post seems pretty hard to not believe. I don't want people crucified for actions from 25 years ago however, not saying its OK, but to fire him from his current job for personality traits he could have easily amended by now seems unfair, similar to the James Gunn firing about that comment from ages ago.

However if this has taken place during his professional time with Funimation which I guess is a very a long time now, then yes he has to go I suppose. A shame he has committed these crimes if true, he had a huge passionate fan base and seemed to be a fun, friendly guy at cons.
there's definitely a difference between being a edge head like 10 years ago, and getting that brought up again in bad faith by the alt right, and uhh, sexual assault.

don't really think their at all comparable.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:35 am

Has anybody actually asked this person to login to the Pretty Little Liar Forum so we know it was her instead of her just saying "yeah, it was me you can use it, its been out there for a long time"?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:40 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: As far as I know all of the people coming forward have been women, and I really, really hate to think that darkly, but uh...has anyone seen any sort of statement from Aaron Dismuke (original English voice of Alphonse Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist, where Vic played his older brother Edward) in regards to all of this? Just wondering what his thoughts on all of this is, or if there was any weird vibes he ever got off of the man, all things considered.
Best I can tell, as much as Schemmel made those "loves doing little boys" jokes (seems to be more of an insult than an accusation), I doubt anything too bad went on there besides Vic's usual diva behavior in the studio. I'm not really sure he's even a pedophile in the traditional sense, probably closer to the "anyone through puberty is fair game" camp. It'd be more telling to see what Maxey Whitehead has to say on the matter given that she took over the Alphonse role for Brotherhood, which lasted longer than 03.

Though out of curiosity, I did check Dismuke's twitter, and this is his most recent tweet. It's fitting, even if I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with any of this. Best I can tell, the two haven't even been involved with many of the same projects for years, not counting Dismuke jumping in as young Hohenheim for a couple Brotherhood episodes. I wouldn't bother the guy.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 am

Fionordequester wrote:
SaiyamanMS wrote:My understanding of the situation with Monica and Vic is thus... Vic somehow harassed Monica many years ago...
Many years ago? I wasn't aware of the time frame; would you mind linking me the post?
Prior to her actually saying that it happened to her, I think I heard something about her calling him out “ten years ago”, but I may have heard that second hand somewhere as I’m not actually seeing anything indicating a timeframe on her Twitter. So I might be off on the “many years ago” thing.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:49 am

JulieYBM wrote:https://twitter.com/MichellMcC73/status ... 37440?s=19

New allegation from twenty-five years ago. Holy fuck. Vignogna is a creep.
Wow. That's awful.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:53 am

Cetra wrote:Has anybody actually asked this person to login to the Pretty Little Liar Forum so we know it was her instead of her just saying "yeah, it was me you can use it, its been out there for a long time"?
I don't see why we should ask her. She didn't put it out there herself. The haters and critics are already doing their best to find discrepancies in the two accounts, which can't be something she wanted. (Before she said it was her, at least one person observed it looked like the exact same story, but idiots will be idiots.) If she wants to take that step, she will, but anyone who comes on her Twitter just to question her credibility is probably going to get blocked, and with good reason.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:59 am

Terez wrote:
Cetra wrote:Has anybody actually asked this person to login to the Pretty Little Liar Forum so we know it was her instead of her just saying "yeah, it was me you can use it, its been out there for a long time"?
I don't see why we should ask her. She didn't put it out there herself. The haters and critics are already doing their best to find discrepancies in the two accounts, which can't be something she wanted. (Before she said it was her, at least one person observed it looked like the exact same story, but idiots will be idiots.) If she wants to take that step, she will, but anyone who comes on her Twitter just to question her credibility is probably going to get blocked, and with good reason.
"With good reason"? The very fact that a person straight can take out some story from the internet and elaborate on it is a problem in and on itself so questioning if that is the case here is not a "good reason" to block somebody. I know people do not like the man and think every +1 will help them to nail him on the cross but one can only take what actually happened so of course one has to actually find out if she did not only claim that it was her. "He is already done for so who cares" is not the mindset to go with. Based on your logic you could also say you were one of the people who posted something years ago and that we should not question you. What if it turns out not to be her? You don't care? I already had people acting like they were me in the past. And I already had a lot of people piling up acting like I did something in the past. And both were wrong. And it was not pretty. You never want to be on the receiving end, believe me, both harmed me in certain ways.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:07 am

Cetra wrote:"With good reason"? The very fact that a person straight can take out some story from the internet and elaborate on it is a problem in and on itself so questioning if that is the case here is not a "good reason" to block somebody. I know people do not like the man and think every +1 will help them to nail him on the cross but one can only take what actually happened so of course one has to actually find out if she did not only claim that it was her. "He is already done for so who cares" is not the mindset to go with. Based on your logic you could also say you were one of the people who posted something years ago and that we should not question you. What if it turns out not to be her? You don't care? I already had people acting like they were me in the past. And I already had a lot of people piling up acting like I did something in the past. And both were wrong. And it was not pretty. You never want to be on the receiving end, believe me, both harmed me in certain ways.
I mean, if you want to go ahead and ask her, be my guest. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it myself.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:21 am

I mean I assume the number in the lady's Twitter handle is referencing 1973...which, surprise, would be the birth year of somebody who was 16 in 1989 like the forum post said.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:58 am

To any Vic defender at this point with the number of stories coming out its impossible to say Vic is innocent now. Even if some of these women are lying when you get to 50+ different women telling stories that's proof enough that Vic is guilty of something.

No one innocent would have 50 different unconnected people accusing them of the same thing.

Going back to another celebrity I had an old friend he thought Cosby was innocent until the number of women kept climbing then he figured that at best if you still supported Cosby for some reason, Bill must have raped at least some of them as that many different people can't be lying.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:15 am

Wait, did Doctor. get permanently banned over this?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Wait, did Doctor. get permanently banned over this?
Yes. It looks like it.

This is a very controversial subject, and naturally, will result in some very controversial opinions being produced. A few members on this forum have actually been given the boot over certain statements and opinion made about this topic.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 am

Cetra wrote:
Terez wrote:
"With good reason"? The very fact that a person straight can take out some story from the internet and elaborate on it is a problem in and on itself so questioning if that is the case here is not a "good reason" to block somebody.
Yes it is. She doesn't owe anyone anything, and she's not obligated to put up with negativity, especially from amateur PIs who, in my recent experience, often don't have the best reading comprehension. She put her story out there with her name on it. Lots of people (including her supporters) started researching it immediately, but confronting her with accusations like you suggested is just harassment and an attempt to silence victims.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:07 am

There are so many accounts of Vic doing things inappropriate or worse but still there are people who refuse to believe it. So many unnconnected accusers would be considered evidence but that apparently isn’t enough for people. Apparently they want photos & video from when someone was sexually assaulted. But then these same people accuse the photos of being photoshopped. The hypocrisy is blatant.

One that stands out to me is this account from the user Nyahko on the PLL forum page 11. Note her account is from Dec 2018 before this whole thing with Vic even blew up.

https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/ ... na/?page=7

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:11 am

Kinokima wrote:There are so many accounts of Vic doing things inappropriate or worse but still there are people who refuse to believe it. So many unnconnected accusers would be considered evidence but that apparently isn’t enough for people. Apparently they want photos & video from when someone was sexually assaulted. But then these same people accuse the photos of being photoshopped. The hypocrisy is blatant.

One that stands out to me is this account from the user Nyahko on the PLL forum page 11. Note her account is from Dec 2018 before this whole thing with Vic even blew up.

Yeah it’s ridiculous how many excuses the pro-Vic crowd comes up with.

It’s not about having evidence. They just don’t want to deal with the fact that some overrated dub voice actor they hero worship is a shitty person.

“I like his work on FMA and he was nice to me...a dude...and signed my autograph and took the pictures with me that he was paid for”

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:19 am

MasenkoHA wrote:
Kinokima wrote:There are so many accounts of Vic doing things inappropriate or worse but still there are people who refuse to believe it. So many unnconnected accusers would be considered evidence but that apparently isn’t enough for people. Apparently they want photos & video from when someone was sexually assaulted. But then these same people accuse the photos of being photoshopped. The hypocrisy is blatant.

Yeah it’s ridiculous how many excuses the pro-Vic crowd comes up with.

It’s not about having evidence. They just don’t want to deal with the fact that some overrated dub voice actor they hero worship is a shitty person.

“I like his work on FMA and he was nice to me...a dude...and signed my autograph and took the pictures with me that he was paid for”

From what I’ve also seen on Twitter a lot of people who have taken up in defense of Vic are people who are anti SJW and think this is some attack on white conservative men. These are not good people and these are the type of people who are making this trolling click bait YouTube videos that people keep linking to on here.

I mean Vic’s fanbase was largely composed of teenage fan girls and while you see some big fans of Vic’s coming to his defense to I think a lot of these people coming to his defense may have ulterior motives and may not even care about Vic. Unfortunately people who want to believe in Vic are easily swayed by these type of anti SJW YouTube videos about fake evidence etc.