Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:02 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:The whole left and right is just one big monopoly that supporters of those political sides are being toyed with without realizing or knowing. But hey, democracy is great, right? Remember, these are the people voting for who's the next president and what have you.

You wouldn't give a kid the keys of your car or a gun but adults are allowed to vote regardless if they actually understand it or have the studies to do so. I personally don't vote because it's all a bunch of crap that leads to shit either way.

Whatever the case of left or right nonsense, Vic Mignogna doesn't deserve the hate he's getting. If he committed suicide, users on Twitter and Facebook would probably be pleased with it.
This is an incredible bizarre post with more conspiracy theory nonsense that ain't flying here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:08 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Whatever the case of left or right nonsense, Vic Mignogna doesn't deserve the hate he's getting. If he committed suicide, users on Twitter and Facebook would probably be pleased with it.
I unfortunately agree with you there, there are some gross people out there. It’s sad how modern social media has exposed this type of behavior for all to see. It can give one a depressing view of the world.

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:42 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Char Aznable wrote:Oh this was political from the beginning due to the nature of the story, there are just times when someone will blame liberals for just about any remote minor inconvenience. There could be a news story about let's say a certain item will be discontinued because of complaints and in today's climate you know that someone will comment something akin to 'Oh wow now we can't have this, THANKS THE LEFT.' It's ridiculous and my eyes hurt from rolling so much.
The whole left and right is just one big monopoly that supporters of those political sides are being toyed with without realizing or knowing. But hey, democracy is great, right? Remember, these are the people voting for who's the next president and what have you.

You wouldn't give a kid the keys of your car or a gun but adults are allowed to vote regardless if they actually understand it or have the studies to do so. I personally don't vote because it's all a bunch of crap that leads to shit either way.

Whatever the case of left or right nonsense, Vic Mignogna doesn't deserve the hate he's getting. If he committed suicide, users on Twitter and Facebook would probably be pleased with it.
I can tell you right now that I think Vic right now is total scum, but if he committed suicide I wouldn't be happy. If anything I'd be sad, since he could go to a therapist or something and get better (or he's hopefully learned his lesson). Also, have you seen the stuff people have linked to on this thread? Makes Vic look even worse than before.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:07 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Whatever the case of left or right nonsense, Vic Mignogna doesn't deserve the hate he's getting. If he committed suicide, users on Twitter and Facebook would probably be pleased with it.
That's a weird shift. It's extremely normal, and reasonable, for a lot of people to be angry over this. And Vic Mignogna isn't the victim here, his victims are.

I don't think most people want any harm to come to anyone, but any suffering Mignogna is going through is entirely the result of his own behaviour and actions, which he and only he is responsible for. Ideally, he'd feel genuine remorse and choose to seek help, grow as a person, and try to make amends. I think that's the result most people would prefer to see. But first and foremost, the priority has to be limiting harm... and that means his employers and bookers need to ensure that nobody else is made vulnerable or victimized in any way they (unintentionally) enable.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:22 pm

So whats the update on this? I'm hearing that its turning out that these are primarily false allegations.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:30 pm

You might want to unplug your ears then.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Bryesque wrote:
That's a weird shift. It's extremely normal, and reasonable, for a lot of people to be angry over this. And Vic Mignogna isn't the victim here, his victims are.

I don't think most people want any harm to come to anyone, but any suffering Mignogna is going through is entirely the result of his own behaviour and actions, which he and only he is responsible for. Ideally, he'd feel genuine remorse and choose to seek help, grow as a person, and try to make amends. I think that's the result most people would prefer to see. But first and foremost, the priority has to be limiting harm... and that means his employers and bookers need to ensure that nobody else is made vulnerable or victimized in any way they (unintentionally) enable.
Well said.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:36 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:So whats the update on this? I'm hearing that its turning out that these are primarily false allegations.

No that is not true

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:45 pm

It's possible for Vignogna to be both a sex abuser and able to convince himself that he did no wrong.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Every time I see a glimmer of hope in this topic a bunch of you weirdos come out of the woodwork to restate your belief that the trite weasel worded spin of your favourite cartoon voice actor is more credible than the stories of dozens of victims with absolutely nothing to gain by publishing them.

It's times like this that I really understand Mike's decision to keep the discussion franchise oriented here on the site. Because if this place actually had an off-topic forum it would just become an extension of this thread; a cesspool of ignorant misogynistic, bigoted dumbassery.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:57 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:So whats the update on this? I'm hearing that its turning out that these are primarily false allegations.
Would it kill some of you guys to read?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:58 pm

Once again there is too many women spread across too much time they are not directly connected for Vic to be innocent at this point.

The woman from 1989 pretty much sealed it to me that Vic has a touching problem.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:58 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:Every time I see a glimmer of hope in this topic a bunch of you weirdos come out of the woodwork to restate your belief that the trite weasel worded spin of your favourite cartoon voice actor is more credible than the stories of dozens of victims with absolutely nothing to gain by publishing them.

It's times like this that I really understand Mike's decision to keep the discussion franchise oriented here on the site. Because if this place actually had an off-topic forum it would just become an extension of this thread; a cesspool of ignorant misogynistic, bigoted dumbassery.
yeah most likely, Jesus. some embarrassing takes in this thread.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:00 pm

It's a shame that Japanese cartoons attract right-wingers when in general they're made by so many queer and otherwise apolitical or left-wing folks. It's an even bigger shame that there is so little sympathy towards one's fellow geeks when they are harmed.
She/Her
bisexual milf

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:03 pm

I feel there is way tooo much speculation going on here. Yesterday it seemed almost 90% that Vic was guilty. Today the news seems all the other way, Rial is a liar and that the allegations are false.

From what I've seen myself on videos and in real life, it's honestly starting to look to me like he is just a handsy guy that doesn't know when that's inappropriate. Judging by the stories it seems there's a few times he's inappropriately gone for more than just touching someones shoulders but the stories never seem to alleged it goes further than that except for that long form twitter post I read about the girl in the church community, where you could say that was attempted rape but he seemed to back off after resistance. I think at the very least we can say he is not a rapist, but he could very well be guilty of other crimes.

That's my own view point from now anyway and that could also very well be wrong. The problem is, is this ever gonna get cleaned up, I can't see their being a definitive statement at this point and Vic probably won't even be able to tell a straight version of events now after all that's happened. It's frustrating honestly.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
nato25 wrote:That longform Twitter post seems pretty hard to not believe. I don't want people crucified for actions from 25 years ago however, not saying its OK, but to fire him from his current job for personality traits he could have easily amended by now seems unfair, similar to the James Gunn firing about that comment from ages ago.

However if this has taken place during his professional time with Funimation which I guess is a very a long time now, then yes he has to go I suppose. A shame he has committed these crimes if true, he had a huge passionate fan base and seemed to be a fun, friendly guy at cons.
there's definitely a difference between being a edge head like 10 years ago, and getting that brought up again in bad faith by the alt right, and uhh, sexual assault.

don't really think their at all comparable.
Sorry I should have been more clear with this. I was only comparing the aspect of being crucified for your wrong doings many years later. Obviously Mignogna's alleged events are much worse in nature.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote:It's a shame that Japanese cartoons attract right-wingers when in general they're made by so many queer and otherwise apolitical or left-wing folks. It's an even bigger shame that there is so little sympathy towards one's fellow geeks when they are harmed.
I think you guys are being too harsh on GTKD, as it seems that he was just hearing the propaganda being put out by the side that is trying to discredit Vic's accusers, so he was asking about the truth.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Naw, Vignogna's a piece of shit sex abuser. The supposed 'fake evidence' was proven fake.
She/Her
bisexual milf

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:09 pm

nato25 wrote:I feel there is way tooo much speculation going on here. Yesterday it seemed almost 90% that Vic was guilty. Today the news seems all the other way, Rial is a liar and that the allegations are false.
Any "developments" about falsehoods are simply the same dicknuggets with a microphone and a YouTube account hammering the same nonsense they've been spouting from the beginning and using trolls infiltrating facebook groups as their smoking gun.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:10 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Once again there is too many women spread across too much time they are not directly connected for Vic to be innocent at this point.

The woman from 1989 pretty much sealed it to me that Vic has a touching problem.
Yup, same. At first I was slightly skeptical about the whole thing especially since one of the girls in the ANN article came out and said he was not being inappropriate, but the other one where he has his hand up her sweater and has his face extremely close to hers was still pretty creepy, then yeah the stories I saw about his behavior from before his time as a VA and especially the ones I saw linked to in this thread from various sources written in 2010-2012 basically sealed it for me. As someone here said it's possible he believes he didn't do anything wrong, but as I said previously here come on man, you have to know getting all up close and personal with a 14 year old isn't right.