Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kefla » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:37 am

I can tell she’s clearly joking about harassing Vic, but whatever. Keep digging up nonsense to use against her.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:53 am

Cetra wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote: Jesus that's actually insulting to read.
Whatever lets you sleep at night.

Hoo boy, what a smoking gun: an obvious joke!
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:01 am

Once again even if Monica is lying which seems to be the chef argument for Vic being innocent what about the other cases including the 1989 incident.

Also has Vic come out and said he hasn't done anything?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:04 am

Let's not turn this into (or create a) Monica conspiracy thread, please don't be that stupid.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:20 am

Metalwario64 wrote:This thread is beyond toxic, and I feel it's really hurting the community. Now that Vic is gone, why is the thread still open? I know it's the mods' decision, but they have closed other threads with far less vitriol.
I mean, this thread has next to no impact on the community as a whole. The Dragon Ball fandom is astronomically larger than people who browse Kanzenshuu.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:31 am

Regarding the whole 'why did they all wait so long and not accuse him until now' argument:

Victims of sexual harassment are often disbelieved. They are often harassed, threatened, and insulted, and have their motives questioned. You can see a lot of that on this very thread. That's why the majority of them don't speak out: they're (rightly) afraid that no one will believe them and that it will cause them more trouble than it's worth.

But when multiple accusations are being made against someone, that gives them credibility. Victims who were afraid to speak out before will gain confidence knowing that it wasn't just them, and they feel like their accusations now have a much better chance of being taken seriously. It's no longer just one or two people who could easily be dismissed, but a consistent pattern.

The attempt to dismiss it all as some conspiracy is ridiculous.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 am

PFM18 wrote: Literally everything there describes it the same way I did; unwanted sexual contact.
Bruh, don’t reply to me unless you actually read the links I provided. Kissing someone without their consent is sexual assault. Just literally “ctrl+F” for “kissing” on those pages. You don’t have to read everything. Just Fucking search for “kiss”. It’s right there in front of your eyes. You kiss someone without their permission, then you sexually assaulted them. It’s right there, man.

If you want to dispute that, then you’d be better off using Cetra’s argument that some judges have rules that kissing does not constitute sexual assault. To that I say that’s those specific judges’ interpretation of the law, but the law is clear as day on this: you kiss someone without their permission, you sexually assaulted them.
Last edited by TKA on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:37 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Victims of sexual harassment are often disbelieved. They are often harassed, threatened, and insulted, and have their motives questioned. You can see a lot of that on this very thread. That's why the majority of them don't speak out: they're (rightly) afraid that no one will believe them and that it will cause them more trouble than it's worth.

But when multiple accusations are being made against someone, that gives them credibility. Victims who were afraid to speak out before will gain confidence knowing that it wasn't just them, and they feel like their accusations now have a much better chance of being taken seriously. It's no longer just one or two people who could easily be dismissed, but a consistent pattern.
Absolutely. It's extremely difficult for them to come out and report it/speak on it because of fear of a plethora of different things associated with the process. Even talking about it is a problem for them, let alone having to deal with people not believing you or having to relive it etc etc. This is something where "strength in numbers" applies a lot. The plurality gives them strength, and creates a "snowball effect" of sorts. Although this aspect of it doesn't necessarily apply too much here,(or at least as much as it does in cases of sexual assault or rape) but for a lot of victims it is traumatizing for them to just talk about it again, because it brings up a lot of bad memories, PTSD sort of things, and they have to confront the problem when they've been trying to forget about it the entire time.
TKA wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Literally everything there describes it the same way I did; unwanted sexual contact.
Bruh, don’t reply to me unless you actually read the links I provided. Kissing someone without their consent is sexual assault. Just literally “ctrl+F” for “kissing” on those pages. You don’t have to read everything. Just Fucking search for “kiss”. It’s right there in front of your eyes. You kiss someone without their permission, then you sexually assaulted them. It’s right there, man.

If you want to dispute that, then you’d be better off using Cetra’s argument that some judges have rules that kissing does not constitute sexual assault. To that I say that’s those specific judges’ interpretation of the law, but the law is clear as day on this: you kiss someone without their permission, you sexually assaulted them.
Ah, so you didn't read what I said then yourself? I specifically addressed that in my post and explained the distinction in explicit detail. You're just kind of ignoring it and saying "Lol, you're so wrong."

Oh, and it's funny that you mention using CTRL+F to search for the word, because that's literally exactly what I did. The law, even in that context, defines it as "sexual contact" and the nature of the kiss makes it sexual or not, and that's basically the entirety of my previous post that you conveniently ignored.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:27 am

mute_proxy wrote:Let's not turn this into (or create a) Monica conspiracy thread, please don't be that stupid.
If that's directed at me I believe Monica I am describing the main argument the vic supporters use.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:33 am

Just as I thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGK-1IH50nQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYWOB3hBBrE

Vic loves to make a scene. He is dorky, he is awkward. He shares a spoon with two other people, which I never would do, giving a lot more insight on how he sees the whole "sharing space" thing which does not necessarily make his stuff great but it makes me think even more how that guy is just misinterpreted by people.
Last edited by Cetra on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kefla » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:36 am

jjgp1112 wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote: Jesus that's actually insulting to read.
Whatever lets you sleep at night.

Hoo boy, what a smoking gun: an obvious joke!
Wow! What do you know? Somebody gets it.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:44 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Hoo boy, what a smoking gun: an obvious joke!
Of course. And Vic's hugs and kisses are obviously not supposed to insult anybody. Good that we uncovered the intentions of people that are not us. Time for this to be laid ad acta; the hypocrisy level and the amount of mind readers in this thread has already reached its limit.
Last edited by Cetra on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:51 am

Cetra wrote:
Of course. And Vic's hugs and kisses are not supposed to insult anybody. Good that we uncovered the intentions of people that are not us.
You need to learn the intricacies of human communication (and remove your tinfoil hat while you're at it). That was a direct tease/joke towards Vic. He's tagged in it.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Of course. And Vic's hugs and kisses are not supposed to insult anybody. Good that we uncovered the intentions of people that are not us.
You need to learn the intricacies of human communication (and remove your tinfoil hat while you're at it). That was a direct tease/joke towards Vic. He's even tagged in it.
Before I got into computer science I got a degree in psychology. That includes communication psychology. I seriously doubt you actually understand anything of what I am saying. Maybe talk to me once you understand something about the choice of the modalities of communication and how they can be influenced by the sender's feelings, latent or not. And while we are at it - hypocrisy exists. Only those with an incredibly inflexible self concept would deny their own susceptibility to hypocrisy. It does not matter how serious the tweet was. So to throw that ball back to your side, you actually need to learn what these things are about. I already have various areas of expertise. Thank you for your concern about my level of education but I already am a scientist, I do not need you to care about it.
Last edited by Cetra on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:01 am

Cetra wrote:
Before I got into computer science I got a degree in psychology. That includes communication psychology. I seriously doubt you actually understand anything of what I am saying.
That's because you're not saying anything. You're taking things at face value (so much for that psychology degree) and accusing people for your superficial interpretations.

EDIT: did you just pull a "I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals" thing on me? Have some pride

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:05 am

mute_proxy wrote: That's because you're not saying anything. You're taking things at face value (so much for that psychology degree) and accusing people for your superficial interpretations.
That's not even close to what happened when I posted the picture. I used a picture to point something out, there was no derivation followed about how the woman actually and evidently under all cirumstances is a bad person, unlike other people here in the thread that actually take things at face-value. I am one of those in the thread who questioned things all the time so your claim makes no sense.
mute_proxy wrote: EDIT: did you just pull a "I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals" thing on me? Have some pride
I did not pull a single thing on you. You challenged me ("learn this", "remove that"), acting like you are aware of my level of education, and so I responded on exactly the same level, by telling you I am exactly aware of these things, most likely more than you are, simply because I had to learn it. I do not know what the Seal analogy is about. I am not from America, nor familiar with such analogies but if there is nothing deeper to it than it sounds like then the answer to it was already given.

Edited to provide more context and explanation. And if you still think this face-value thing then re-read my old posts as well as the post with the new video I have posted. It clearly shows I am not just a person for face-value alone. That does not mean I ignore it either.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:13 am

Cetra wrote:
Of course. And Vic's hugs and kisses are obviously not supposed to insult anybody. Good that we uncovered the intentions of people that are not us. Time for this to be laid ad acta; the hypocrisy level and the amount of mind readers in this thread has already reached its limit.
I don't know if you're retroactively trying to cover yourself or clumsily trying to make some greater point with an absurdly faulty comparison, but either way you're not making sense.

The nature of the question she was asked, and then the nature of the response she made, makes it incredibly obvious she was making a joke. Skip Mañana was part of the damn show she was asked about for this imaginary cartoon scenario. Doesn't take a psychology degree or double standards to figure that out.

I know a lot of users on here seem to have a hard time reading sarcasm on the internet but sheesh
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:42 am

Yeah, that Monica tweet about harassing Vic? Anyone trying to take that as evidence of her having an axe to grind and planning that far back to 'ruin him one day', is showing a pretty clear indication that they're unfamiliar with the show in question, or at the very least, their relation to it. As someone who has watched it: Renge (the character Monica is asked about) is a character in Ouran High School Host Club, in which Vic also plays one of the lead roles, Tamaki Suoh. Tamaki is the main man of the Host Club, and thus, is the one that most of the girls in universe would usually be gunning for, but Renge (again, Monica's character) feels the exact opposite. She doesn't like him and enjoys harassing him.

So...yeah. It's an in-character joke tweeted either just to amuse a fan with the response to her question, and/or was also put out there before their issues came to a head anyway. Either way, it's about as far from 'evidence' of either sort as one could get. Just throwing that out there.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kefla » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:50 am

jjgp1112 wrote:
Cetra wrote:
I don't know if you're retroactively trying to cover yourself or clumsily trying to make some greater point with an absurdly faulty comparison, but either way you're not making sense.

The nature of the question she was asked, and then the nature of the response she made, makes it incredibly obvious she was making a joke. Skip Mañana was part of the damn show she was asked about for this imaginary cartoon scenario. Doesn't take a psychology degree or double standards to figure that out.

I know a lot of users on here seem to have a hard time reading sarcasm on the internet but sheesh
Mind blown! This guy here understands what sarcasm is, too bad, Vic’s so called supporters don’t and are taking everything Monica says as a threats against Vicky.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 am

PFM18 wrote:The law, even in that context, defines it as "sexual contact" and the nature of the kiss makes it sexual or not, and that's basically the entirety of my previous post that you conveniently ignored.
There seems to be a cultural difference between how people face kisses and hugs in the world too. For example, in Brazil it isn’t inappropriate to do it with known people, even if they are not from our family. It’s a sign of friendship. North Americans though feel very uncomfortable with it.