What would you change about the Broly movie?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What would you change about the Broly movie?

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Show a bit more of Bardock's revolt.
Extend the Frieza vs Broly fight.
Cut back on the CGI or get rid of it entirely.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:38 pm

Exline wrote:the uninspiring fight choreography where it's just nothing more but ki blasts, punches, and kicks
I'm not sure where you are getting this from. This movie easily had some of the best choreography in the series. They used some real martial arts like Goku's judo throw, and the sequence where were were seeing the fight from Broly's perspective is the first time I think we had a first person view in a dragon ball fight (not including video games or other media).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:41 pm

Scrap the CG and rewrite the Minus portion of the story as it really brings nothing to the table for the story and feels more like fluff than anything else.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:53 pm

Here is what I've wrote about the anime adaptation of this movie, I believe they sum up all the things I really think about it plot-wise (ignoring the Kikono hyping in the supplementaries):
Green_Goblin wrote:NO! The only thing I hope from this movie is not an anime adaptation (we had seen how badly Super 1.0 had handled those) but a FULL UNCUT VERSION with all the scenes that were left out during the editing process.

I'm mostly interested in seeing scenes like Frieza learns about toddler Vegeta IV's existence, and taking him away with him after seeing how high his potential/battle power is for a creature his age, giving the toddler the threat that his old man's life depends on his loyalty to the tyrant. Bardock's Crew talk with him about going to Planet Kanassa, conquering it with much surprise by Dodoria and Zarbon, then they're directly ordered by King Vegeta to go to conquer Planet Meat ("consider this a bonus, chums, you were asked to this assaingment by Frieza himself, he's most pleased with your last work"), then after conquering it (perhaps showing us the Meatians' fighting abillities) facing Dodoria and his 4 goons over there (hopefully they'll finally recieve names; with Dodoria telling them: "U take on that one with the Scouter, X take on the girl, Y kill the fat one, Z that tall one is all yours - I'm just here if things will get out of hand. Direct order by the great lord Frieza."), Bardock lands there in a singular pod to assist his crew then learns of what had happened and proceeds to killing the 4 Dodoria soldiers who were still in the vicinity in return, with Dodoria just fires a random mouth blast from afar towards the area where Bardock was at and believing he killed him before scraming with his small spacecraft back to Frieza, then watching the battle injured Bardock returns to Planet Vegeta to warn the others and his fight against Frieza's soldiers stationed on there (now it's within Planet Vegeta's atmosphere) before the final blow by Frieza. I also want to see the canon version of King Vegeta's end, IMHO his character needs to do something (like planning an attack over Frieza with his elites like in DBZ) before greeting his end.

Also, a scene that will be pleasing to most fans and me would be that of Gohan, Videl and Pan in some important academic convention while Frieza and Broly's ki are near/entering the Earth, stressing him about the upcomings but is aware of his dad and Vegeta over there, which calms him down temporarily as they can fend the tyrant and Broly (initial base form) and protect the Earth for a long while at the very minimum.

Unrealistic scenario: Toei will add all Z-Fighters and Dende's reaction to Frieza and Broly's arrival to the ice continent, Piccolo will stand shocked as he was when Raditz first showed up, Krillin being caught sweating in the middle of work, Yamcha stops to look at the sky all sweaty with a rival pitcher throws the ball right to the catcher without him giving a damn about it, Tien and Chiaotzu are staring towards the 2 huge ki flinching, Roshi will be stressed on his island, Dende and Popo will be terrified.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:19 pm

“If” I could change the movie, maybe something like this

- Make Bardock’s personality closer to his Original Version (but he still cares for his family just he prefers his actions to speak for himself)

- add in Vegeta’s Mom (looks like a taller girl version of Tarble with longer hair & a slightly darker skin tone) whose a sharp tongue queen

- add in Paragus’s Wife (name could be Chayo from the vegetable Chaoyte and look like a older more mature looking Kale) who follows after paragus cause she doesn’t want her “stupid husband” to mess up Broly.

- add in Beerus telling Frieza to destroy Planet Vegeta very throughly.

- When Lemo & Cheelai arrive on Vampa, they meet Paragus as originally but its revealed that Broly has a Younger Sister (name is Sabi from the plant Wasabi, skin like Goku Black and hairstyle like kinda like Broly) whose only half the strength of Broly. Also Later we learn Chayo died protecting Sabi one day when Sabi was 6 years old.

- when Frieza meets the 3 Saiyans, Sabi almost comments on how short Frieza is to her & Broly but Paragus stops her in a panic

- Frieza is seen talking to his commanders about how surprised he is to see more saiyans survive and how he should have been more through in the planet’s Destruction like Beerus ordered. We then see Sabi spying on Frieza and she seems shocked due to that info.

Most of the movie goes like it did up until Goku & Vegeta meet Frieza & The 3 Saiyans.

Vegeta Fights Broly while Goku Fights Sabi and during the Fight Broly & Sabi power up into the Wrathful form and while Sabi Fights Goku, goku mentions Beerus and Sabi angrily demands to goku about who & where Beerus is. Then like a oblivious person goku says “He’s the Destroyer and he’s in bulma’s resort place”. So then Sabi faintly senses Bulla and the immense pressure Beerus is giving off and starts to speeds off towards him. Then Vegeta’s like “Kakarot, you idiot! You better stop her or else!” And so Goku & Sabi do a intense Chase Ki Blast Battle up to where they get to where Beerus & Bulla are.

Then Sabi unleashes a attack that looks like Gigantic Destruction (SSJ4 Broly’s Version) but notices Bulla who looks scared and then remembers her mother’s last Words “Vengeance doesn’t solve anything” so Sabi tries to stop her attack but it looks like it hit point blank. Goku then arrives and seems shocked. Sabi holding her head and seems upset at her recent actions.

Then We hear Beerus say “why are you idiots upset, the kid’s safe so that her angry mother won’t hound me for the rest of her days” we see Bulla safe and hugging Beerus happily

Sabi & Goku are relived and Goku Demands Sabi to explain why she went after Beerus and Sabi mentions Frieza’s Earlier talk. Goku ask Beerus if that’s true and comedically Beerus denies it and says Frieza was lying about beerus’s involmement.

So Sabi & Goku go back to Broly & Vegeta’s Fight location and we see Vegeta barely holding on in SSJ Blue Form and the movie plays out somewhat like it did.

Then we see that Broly is out of control (not like Original Broly) and won’t listen to Sabi’s words about stopping before he does something he will regret.

Frieza kills Paragus and both Siblings go SSJ and while Broly goes after Goku & Vegeta. Sabi (still in control of herself) decides to go after Frieza (who is too deep in thought praising his Brilliance ruse) and she slams into Frieza with a Strong Spear like Kick to his Back.

So Goku & Vegeta Fights SSJ Broly while SSJ Sabi Fights Frieza. Then Goku makes Broly target Frieza so that the Fusion can happen like originally. The Fusion happens like it originally up until we transition to Whis and Sabi Fighting Broly and Sabi unleashes her “Charon Cluster” attack to stop Broly but he keeps coming and knocks out Sabi. Whis catches her and then Gogeta arrives.

The Gogeta VS Broly battle is extended with Gogeta going SSJ God between SSJ & Blue.

Cheelai does the wish but forgets about mentioning Sabi going back to Vampa

After Frieza leaves, we see Sabi awake by Whis and she ask Gogeta if he killed Broly and Gogeta is like “Almost, but it seems you and your brother made good friends after all among Frieza’s gang of fools”

Sabi is relived and then asks Whis if she can go to Broly soon, Whis agrees and tells Gogeta that maybe Goku or Vegeta could give the Saiyan Siblings and Lemo and Cheelai “a Piece of a happy home” on Vampa.

We then see Broly with Cheelai & Lemo as the movie originally did but Goku arrives with his gifts & Sabi. The conversation goes like it did in the movie and the movie ends in the same fashion it originally did.

New Moves added for Vegeta
Boundless God Galick Gun
Crimson Big Bang Attack

New Moves added for Goku
Blazing Dragon Shot (God Twin Dragon Shot)
Cosmic Fist (SSJ God Ver Soaring Fist)

Moves for Sabi
Charon Cluster (her Trap Shooter)
Thunderous Spear (her Spear Kick)
Savage Break (Her Beam that resembles SSJ4 Broly’s gigantic Destruction)
Shattering Claw (Her Kiai Wave Fist Attack)
Gigantic Eruption (launches 2 medium Ki Sphere)

New moves for Gogeta:
Crimson Flash (SSJ God Big Bang Flash)
Nova Assault (SSJ God Punisher Drive)

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:59 am

I would make Paragus a more sympathetic character, and maybe add some scenes with him and Broly actually having a father and son moments, making Broly SSJ transformation more impactful.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:14 am

Show Bardock's revolt against the Freeza Force. Show some Broly and Paragus interactions during their time on Vampa. Show some more Broly, Cheelai and Lemo scenes on Freeza's ship. That's it. If I get all of that in some kind of extended cut in the future then this movie is pretty much perfect to me.