In terms of pure potential, this is my scale for the following Saiyans

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

In terms of pure potential, this is my scale for the following Saiyans

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:14 am

Goku and Vegeta: 1

Gohan: 10

Goku Black: 25

Broly: 100

Gohan has a much higher natural in born potential than Goku and Vegeta. As clearly evidenced all throughout Z. He briefly surpassed his father as a 5 year old. Managed to overpower third form Freeza, Surpassed his father officially at age 9 in the manga, becoming SSJ2. And later again surpassed him with little effort in his Ultimate form. And in Super he nearly became SSJ Blue level just by training with Piccolo for a day.

I think you get the point here.

Goku Black, i have even higher as Gohan, since this dude literally gets stronger as he fights, he has what you can call “on-the-spot Zenkais”. Gohan NEVER showcased that ability to the extent that Goku Black did. Therefore, Goku Black>Gohan in terms of potential.

Than we get to Broly...

Do i even need to explain this one?

This dude has on-the-spot zenkais MUCH BIGGER than even Goku Black! To the point where this dude literally went from being below BASE Vegeta, to being above JIREN! In LESS than 1 hour! That’s the biggest power-up in Dragon Ball History! So Broly wins.

Also, in one of the promotional material for this movie it was stated that Broly had a power level of 10.000 at birth. This statement did not make it to the actual movie unfortunately.. So make of that what you will.

It WAS very clearly stated in the movie that Broly had MUCH more potential than the Saiyan Elite Prince Vegeta.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: In terms of pure potential, this is my scale for the following Saiyans

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:25 pm

I would put Goku higher than Vegeta. Goku started with a much lower power level and caught up and surpassed Vegeta eventually, whereas Vegeta was born powerful and through training got stronger to keep up with Goku. However, Goku is also a lot smarter about how he trains. Vegeta trains madly, tiring himself out, whereas Goku knows when to train and when to rest in order to really build up his body. He also knows training the mind is as important as training his body as we saw during his time in the Cell Saga. He unlocked the different Grades of Super Saiyan, saw the drawback, and instead focused on mastering his Super Saiyan form so that he could fully utilize its power

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Where is Kale ? She should be right behind Broly or equal.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:22 pm

head_cha_la wrote:Where is Kale ? She should be right behind Broly or equal.
No she should not be anywhere near Broly’s level. Kale is a nobody and i don’t even count Universe 6 Saiyans here. Kale got beaten by SSJG Goku and does NOT have the on-the-spot zenkais that Broly or Goku Black have. Broly went from being weaker than BASE Vegeta to being stronger than Jiren. Kale achieved no such thing.
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:26 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I would put Goku higher than Vegeta. Goku started with a much lower power level and caught up and surpassed Vegeta eventually, whereas Vegeta was born powerful and through training got stronger to keep up with Goku. However, Goku is also a lot smarter about how he trains. Vegeta trains madly, tiring himself out, whereas Goku knows when to train and when to rest in order to really build up his body. He also knows training the mind is as important as training his body as we saw during his time in the Cell Saga. He unlocked the different Grades of Super Saiyan, saw the drawback, and instead focused on mastering his Super Saiyan form so that he could fully utilize its power
That’s why they even out. That’s why i have them at the same level: 1.

Vegeta’s edge over Goku is being born FAR SUPERIOR. Goku’s edge over Vegeta is the actual outcome and evidence. +10 - -10 = 0.

Loputousu

Post by Loputousu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Broly's not above Jiren. Jiren was cleanly above Beerus even in his full power form while Broly at his best is only "possibly" stronger than Beerus.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:34 pm

I don't think Broly was weaker than base Vegeta. He just didnt know how to fight.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:33 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
No she should not be anywhere near Broly’s level. Kale is a nobody and i don’t even count Universe 6 Saiyans here. Kale got beaten by SSJG Goku and does NOT have the on-the-spot zenkais that Broly or Goku Black have. Broly went from being weaker than BASE Vegeta to being stronger than Jiren. Kale achieved no such thing.

You quoted Black Goku, a part of him and the universe 10. And whether you like it or not, Kale has a greater potential than Gohan nothing but its basic form and more powerful than a Super Saiyan and if we talk about the anime, I'm not sure that Gohan competes with Kale.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:56 pm

We shouldn't discount the varying discrepancies of most of these Saiyans that allowed them to achieve the heights of power that they realised. Goku Black, for example, wasn't comprised of just the mortal Saiyan Goku's being. His body had become interwoven with the celestial soul and mind of Zamasu who was already a deistic being possessing prodigy aptitude (ki is partly mind and mindset, after all). It's highly doubtful that his notorious "fast zenkai" permutation would have been possible without Zamasu's vast canvas of deistic potential combining with Goku's Saiyan body.

Broly was faced with astonishing new challenges that prompted him to rapidly progress in strength as a mechanism conducive to his survival. Now granted, I don't think Gohan has ever boasted such growth before. I think an argument could be made for Gohan's potential being superior to Black's if you apply a more strictly puritanical interpretation of sole individual essence and body.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:01 am

head_cha_la wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:

You quoted Black Goku, a part of him and the universe 10. And whether you like it or not, Kale has a greater potential than Gohan nothing but its basic form and more powerful than a Super Saiyan and if we talk about the anime, I'm not sure that Gohan competes with Kale.
I said i don’t count universe 6 Saiyans. I never said i didn’t count Saiyans from other universes.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:05 am

Lionel wrote:We shouldn't discount the varying discrepancies of most of these Saiyans that allowed them to achieve the heights of power that they realised. Goku Black, for example, wasn't comprised of just the mortal Saiyan Goku's being. His body had become interwoven with the celestial soul and mind of Zamasu who was already a deistic being possessing prodigy aptitude (ki is partly mind and mindset, after all). It's highly doubtful that his notorious "fast zenkai" permutation would have been possible without Zamasu's vast canvas of deistic potential combining with Goku's Saiyan body.

Broly was faced with astonishing new challenges that prompted him to rapidly progress in strength as a mechanism conducive to his survival. Now granted, I don't think Gohan has ever boasted such growth before. I think an argument could be made for Gohan's potential being superior to Black's if you apply a more strictly puritanical interpretation of sole individual essence and body.
What is it with you and big words? Lol

The moment i read your post i already knew it was you without even looking at the poster’s username. xD

So are you trying to impress others? Or are you basically copying Zamasu lol

Anyways, While Gohan has much greater potential than Goku and Vegeta, he did not have the terrifying on-the-spot zenkais (and insta-healing!) as Goku Black did. This is why i have Goku Black higher than Gohan.

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:21 am

This could have been good if you set aside your unnecessary bias against U6 :?
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Loputousu wrote:Broly's not above Jiren. Jiren was cleanly above Beerus even in his full power form while Broly at his best is only "possibly" stronger than Beerus.
No Jiren was not “clearly above Beerus”. He was stated to be Hakaishin Tier, perhaps even surpassing it. “Hakaishin Tier” can mean a LOT of things. Clearly not all Hakaishins are the same in power. And Beerus has clearly been implied to be the top dog out of all of them. So Jiren surpassing “God of Destruction” level, does not equal Jiren surpassing “Beerus”. I hope you understand that. He can be stronger than Sidra, Belmod and Toppo, sure, but that does not automatically make him stronger than the over 200 million year old Beerus.

Also, Akira Toriyama has no intention in letting Goku surpass Beerus any time soon. So his strength will be upgraded and retconned appropriately. 8)

Why do you think no mention or even a comparison was made between Jiren/MUI Goku and Beerus in the ToP Arc? Because Beerus is still the strongest!

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Broly wasn’t getting Zenkais, he just discovered how to use his base power against Vegeta, then he added on great ape power, then he added on super saiyan power. He never got a power up due to being beaten up and then recovering. That being said he does have the most potential.
Then it would be Kale since in the manga her base was above ssj Caulifla and when she went berserk she beat up golden Frieza for a bit, who is at least SSR Black tier. In the anime she was almost SSG Goku level with no training and she doesn’t have god ki like Black, so I would put her above him in potential.
Then Gohan would be next, as he reached near Black tier without god ki extremely quickly, and in the manga he arguably surpassed Black.
Next would be Black, due to starting off as strong as Goku, but having the ability to get stronger extremely quickly due to it being a new body for him.
Goten and Trunks should be high since they are hybrids. Trunks in the black arc is good evidence for them being here. He couldn’t surpass Black, but he surpassed all the saiyans below him who don’t have god ki.
Next is Caulifla due to becoming so strong so quick and being stronger than Cabba.
After her is Cabba. He is above most of the U6 saiyans, but not as strong as Caulifla and Kale.
Next is Goku, as throught Z and Super he was almost always a step ahead of vegeta.
Finally we have Vegeta, prince of nobody :(

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:29 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:22 pm
wut

broly and kale have the same transformation
then you are focusing only on zenkais and not on potential I doubt much that vegeta enter in this case
Nor will can confirm if broly is stronger than jiren yet.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:00 am

head_cha_la wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:13 pm Where is Kale ? She should be right behind Broly or equal.
Yeah what the heck? U6 Saiyans all have greater potential than Gohan possibly.

Kale is the freaking Legendary Saiyan of her universe. She's the female Broly according to an official DBS film guide.

Anime-wise her SSJ2 transformation competes with SSG Goku.

Manga-wise her base is stronger than SSJ Caulifla. And her Berserker form could reach CSSB Goku levels of output.

She, like Broly, has been held back but mentally all this time because of her admiration for her sis.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:12 am

Okay, where would you put Future Trunks, Pan, Bulla, Goten and Kid Trunks? Might as well get a complete list going.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."