Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:45 pm

How did Vic amass such a fanbase? Where is all this "love" coming from?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:49 pm

ABED wrote:How did Vic amass such a fanbase? Where is all this "love" coming from?
Supposedly he’s a really good voice actor? Or just a prolific one? I was never wowed by anything I’ve heard him in.

But a lot of this has been some childish anti-sjw bitch fit. But these people apply the sjw label to literally everyone.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:02 pm

One would swear he got all this love from the single role of being Edward.

God I hate that show.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:29 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:One would swear he got all this love from the single role of being Edward.

God I hate that show.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a great show.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:35 pm

I will defend to the death your right to say what you just said.
Special Beam Cannon!

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:39 pm

It is pretty much the anti-sjw crowd that come out of their bigoted holes whenever anything like this happens. I doubt many people care about this Mingogna situation, they just want to "own the libtards".

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:It is pretty much the anti-sjw crowd that come out of their bigoted holes whenever anything like this happens. I doubt many people care about this Mingogna situation, they just want to "own the libtards".
I did notice at some point in all this a lot of alt-Right types making their way in to start trying to direct the conversation.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:I will defend to the death your right to say what you just said.
I mean, regardless of Vic being Edward in the dub of it, I don't think anyone can deny that that show's quality TV.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:I will defend to the death your right to say what you just said.
I mean, regardless of Vic being Edward in the dub of it, I don't think anyone can deny that that show's quality TV.
Is it anything like FMA? If so, I have zero interest in FMA:B.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:53 pm

Scsigs wrote:I mean, regardless of Vic being Edward in the dub of it, I don't think anyone can deny that that show's quality TV.
It is...well produced.
Special Beam Cannon!

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:It is pretty much the anti-sjw crowd that come out of their bigoted holes whenever anything like this happens. I doubt many people care about this Mingogna situation, they just want to "own the libtards".
Exactly. You children are naive if you think this is about Vic at all. Many of the most ardent apologists aren’t even anime fans really. This has always been about having a white male straight Christian get away with putting women in their place. We are dealing with genuine evil.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:44 pm

ABED wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
I mean, it's a reboot that follows the manga more closely &, in my opinion, is the superior of the 2. I recommend at least giving it a go.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 pm

ABED wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Brotherhood is a better adaptation of the source

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:46 pm

WittyUsername wrote:Alright, I’m not going to make any comments on Mignogna himself (that horse has already been beaten), but I do have to wonder about something in regards to his defenders. Would all these people on YouTube and Twitter have been so inclined to jump to his defense if he hadn’t been a devout Christian? I’m asking because a lot of the people who vehemently defend him keep arguing that he’s being attacked for his faith, and I certainly don’t recall seeing this kind of support for people like Bryan Singer, Kevin Spacey, or hell, even JewWario.
I don't think Vic committed anything nearly as severe as any of the other people you mentioned, either.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 pm

PFM18 wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:Alright, I’m not going to make any comments on Mignogna himself (that horse has already been beaten), but I do have to wonder about something in regards to his defenders. Would all these people on YouTube and Twitter have been so inclined to jump to his defense if he hadn’t been a devout Christian? I’m asking because a lot of the people who vehemently defend him keep arguing that he’s being attacked for his faith, and I certainly don’t recall seeing this kind of support for people like Bryan Singer, Kevin Spacey, or hell, even JewWario.
I don't think Vic committed anything nearly as severe as any of the other people you mentioned, either.

Yes, as far as I am aware he hasn’t raped or attempted rape.

It doesn’t diminish his behavior just because there are people who have done worse things but unless new info comes out let’s keep in mind Mignogna is that creepy guy at work not a rapist or a molester.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:14 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

It doesn’t diminish his behavior just because there are people who have done worse things but unless new info comes out let’s keep in mind Mignogna is that creepy guy at work not a rapist or a molester.
You're completely missing the point. Point is, we shouldn't be surprised that Vic has more people defending him/supporting him than people who have committed rape or other things ike that. Somebody proposed his support is a function of being Christian, when in reality he simply hasn't committed the severe crimes that the people he was compared to had done.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:22 pm

They are still defending a criminal. He could have been worse, but that surely doesn't make him good.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:23 pm

PFM18 wrote:
MasenkoHA wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

You're completely missing the point. Point is, we shouldn't be surprised that Vic has more people defending him/supporting him than people who have committed rape or other things ike that. Somebody proposed his support is a function of being Christian, when in reality he simply hasn't committed the severe crimes that the people he was compared to had done.
Except most of his supporters are acting like he did zero wrong and the evil feminist and people at Funimation are just out to smear his good name.

So you know there’s that.

His support isn’t because he didn’t commit anything severe. His support is from idiot anime fans who worship some third rate voice actor and can’t accept he’s a shitty human being.

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:38 pm

The backlash against Sean Schemmel is surreal to watch. Do you guys think this could have an impact on his career going forward?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:43 pm

TVfan721 wrote:The backlash against Sean Schemmel is surreal to watch. Do you guys think this could have an impact on his career going forward?
No. These whiny anti-sjw neckbeards ultimately don’t matter.