Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kokonoe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:07 pm

SJW is just a term for centrists and rightwing to bash left views or feminism.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:14 pm

Kokonoe wrote:SJW is just a term for centrists and rightwing to bash left views or feminism.
More or less this. Anyone who is even slightly liberal is an SJW.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:47 pm

Seeing a lot of "both sides" horseshit ITT.

Pro tip: evaluating a "side" is not about what a random member or tiny fraction of said side of the issue uniquely decides to do out of their own personal hysteria. It's about what the core belief is that virtually every member of either side holds about the issue (and possibly their sentiment about the aforementioned hysterics on their own team).

Both sides are not the same.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:56 pm

I'm not sure if it's been posted yet, but a real lawyer is talking about this situation on Youtube:
https://youtu.be/_KQ0tBHKOSA
https://youtu.be/snt0KPwYYv0
https://youtu.be/soO1PEsGayA

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:17 pm

That guy is the one running the "Vic Kicks Back" GoFundMe. He's not part of Vic's legal team but says that anything donated to the fundraiser will totally, definitely make it's way to Vic's legal representation.

Uh-huh.

EDIT: Also, Nick Rekieta is the guy who went in on the whole Richard Meyer situation some months back. Apparently he has a habit of having sympathy for pieces of shit.
Last edited by Cursed Lemon on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:That guy is the one running the "Vic Kicks Back" GoFundMe. He's not part of Vic's legal team but that anything donated to the fundraiser will totally, definitely make it's way to Vic's legal representation.

Uh-huh.

EDIT: Also, Nick Rekieta is the guy who went in on the whole Richard Meyer situation some months back. Apparently he has a habit of having sympathy for pieces of shit.
Oh god of course there's a GoFundMe, why am I not surprised?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:32 pm

I, too, like to make poor people hate each other while I run out the backdoor with all their money, half of which was given in ignorance.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:55 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I feel like SJW isn't even a clearly defined archetype where at least with the alt-right you know they're a bunch of white supremacists and economic libertarians.
The politicians supported by the "alt-right" (Trump most notably) are not even slightly libertarian, they're populist, protectionist, and nationalist with a high degree of intervention in the economy and a high level of state spending. As usual you don't know what you're talking about.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I feel like SJW isn't even a clearly defined archetype where at least with the alt-right you know they're a bunch of white supremacists and economic libertarians.
The politicians supported by the "alt-right" (Trump most notably) are not even slightly libertarian, they're populist, protectionist, and nationalist. As usual you don't know what you're talking about.
Trump is neither populist nor protectionist. 93,000 jobs were outsourced in his first year. He gave $1.5 trillion in tax cuts to the rich. He refuses to do Medicare for All or a free college plan. His plan to renew our infrastructure is to turn it over to corporations.

Trump is a buffoon who lets his advisors tell him what to do when he isn't just doing reactionary policy to the people who stupidly call him out on his 'mean tweets'.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Broly深蓝

Post by Broly深蓝 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:19 pm

I am not sure if affluence is the reason why Vic thinks he can do the things he does, as I feel guys like this started doing such things from a young age.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:26 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
The politicians supported by the "alt-right" (Trump most notably) are not even slightly libertarian, they're populist, protectionist, and nationalist. As usual you don't know what you're talking about.
Trump is neither populist nor protectionist. 93,000 jobs were outsourced in his first year. He gave $1.5 trillion in tax cuts to the rich. He refuses to do Medicare for All or a free college plan. His plan to renew our infrastructure is to turn it over to corporations.

Trump is a buffoon who lets his advisors tell him what to do when he isn't just doing reactionary policy to the people who stupidly call him out on his 'mean tweets'.
The tariff issue proves he's a protectionist. Libertarianism (althought covers a wide range of economic thought) is anti-tariff.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:29 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Trump is neither populist nor protectionist.
You must have never listened to a single word he said or read a single action he did, then. He's 100% a populist hence why so many of his policies have crossover with left-wing populists, including opposition to immigration and trade. And not protectionist? Do you even know what protectionism is, or are you just trying to mentally redefine things so as to ignore Trump's significant ideological overlap with the left-wing populists that you presumably support?

Trump has significantly increased rent-seeking incentives for companies "keeping jobs" in the U.S. (which generally just hasn't worked), increased the already huge subsidies for agriculture (partly to offset his ridiculous trade policies), proposed to enact huge subsidies for inefficient coal and nuclear power, withdrawn the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership which was projected to increase GDP in all concerned countries by several hundred billion (the agreement still went forward mind, the U.S. just isn't part of it anymore), tried to stifle immigration flows at every turn under the justification that immigrants "steal" American jobs, shut down the government over the unpopularity of his large infrastructure project designed to inhibit immigration via tens of billions of taxpayer dollars and federal appropriation of private land, modified NAFTA conditions to be more protectionist and threatened to withdraw if his demands were not met, signed an order imposing import tariffs of 25 percent on steel and 10 percent on aluminum, leading to a significant downgrading of trade and retaliatory tariffs from China and the European Union. He then imposed 25% tariffs on $267 billion in Chinese goods. According to current analysis his policies at their current pace will cost a whopping $2 trillion in lost global trade in net. He has also spent practically every hour of every day demonizing the whole idea of trade, as well as the people who facilitate it, whether it be American businessmen, foreign workers, or foreign government officials. That anyone could have the sheer economic illiteracy to label ANY of this shit has "not protectionist" is baffling. It's the cornerstone of his candidacy.

He rose to power on a combination of racism, a promise of handouts to his base of predominantly middle class white red state workers, and playing on the fundamental economic ignorance of the populace (mostly not knowing what the lump of labor fallacy is), and has largely stuck to his word on what he'll do, hampering the flow of goods and people and significantly increasing the deficit in grossly inefficient ways specifically designed to cater to his blue-collar middle-class red state voters (e.g.: big infrastructure spending in the latest federal budget, agricultural subsidies, attempted coal subsidies, reducing income taxes across the board during a deficit while corporations got an ostensive cut but significant difficulties in taking advantage of any them if they do business overseas or act in professional capacities such as accounting and law, railing against the carbon tax which economists have near-universally endorsed).
Trump is a buffoon who lets his advisors tell him what to do
Except this is 100% wrong, he constantly ignores his advisors to do what he wants (case in point: withdrawal from Syria, which took the whole establishment by surprise regardless of what you think the merits of that decision were). He does what he thinks will make him popular with his base, and his thought processes never seem to go beyond that.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Izanagi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Izanagi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 pm

This AnimeGate nonsense is getting blown out of proportion and just reinforces my disdain towards the anime community. I'm honestly just waiting for all the yaoi fan artists to bombard the AnimeGate hashtag with their fan art and literally ruin AnimeGate for those gatekeeping bigots at this point.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:05 pm

Kokonoe wrote:SJW is just a term for centrists and rightwing to bash left views or feminism.
Oh, SJW is more than that. It's evolved into its own subculture of extreme far left views, like the alt-right is extreme far right views.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:37 pm

Izanagi wrote:This AnimeGate nonsense is getting blown out of proportion and just reinforces my disdain towards the anime community. I'm honestly just waiting for all the yaoi fan artists to bombard the AnimeGate hashtag with their fan art and literally ruin AnimeGate for those gatekeeping bigots at this point.
AnimeGate or whatever has nothing to do with Yaoi. It has little to do with the Vic situation really despite videos forcing the ridiculous issue.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Oh, SJW is more than that. It's evolved into its own subculture of extreme far left views, like the alt-right is extreme far right views.
What are extreme left views?

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:20 pm

Um.....why are we talking about Trump on a Dragon Ball forum?. This is about Vic still, right?
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:38 pm

From what I've seen the dude is a cunt who thinks he's more important than he is. Dude, your claim to fame is playing a character who just screams one word over an over again. Fuck off.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:47 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote: Trump is neither populist nor protectionist.
You must have never listened to a single word he said or read a single action he did, then. He's 100% a populist hence why so many of his policies have crossover with left-wing populists, including opposition to immigration and trade. And not protectionist? Do you even know what protectionism is, or are you just trying to mentally redefine things so as to ignore Trump's significant ideological overlap with the left-wing populists that you presumably support?

Trump has significantly increased rent-seeking incentives for companies "keeping jobs" in the U.S. (which generally just hasn't worked), increased the already huge subsidies for agriculture (partly to offset his ridiculous trade policies), proposed to enact huge subsidies for inefficient coal and nuclear power, withdrawn the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership which was projected to increase GDP in all concerned countries by several hundred billion (the agreement still went forward mind, the U.S. just isn't part of it anymore), tried to stifle immigration flows at every turn under the justification that immigrants "steal" American jobs, shut down the government over the unpopularity of his large infrastructure project designed to inhibit immigration via tens of billions of taxpayer dollars and federal appropriation of private land, modified NAFTA conditions to be more protectionist and threatened to withdraw if his demands were not met, signed an order imposing import tariffs of 25 percent on steel and 10 percent on aluminum, leading to a significant downgrading of trade and retaliatory tariffs from China and the European Union. He then imposed 25% tariffs on $267 billion in Chinese goods. According to current analysis his policies at their current pace will cost a whopping $2 trillion in lost global trade in net. He has also spent practically every hour of every day demonizing the whole idea of trade, as well as the people who facilitate it, whether it be American businessmen, foreign workers, or foreign government officials. That anyone could have the sheer economic illiteracy to label ANY of this shit has "not protectionist" is baffling. It's the cornerstone of his candidacy.

He rose to power on a combination of racism, a promise of handouts to his base of predominantly middle class white red state workers, and playing on the fundamental economic ignorance of the populace (mostly not knowing what the lump of labor fallacy is), and has largely stuck to his word on what he'll do, hampering the flow of goods and people and significantly increasing the deficit in grossly inefficient ways specifically designed to cater to his blue-collar middle-class red state voters (e.g.: big infrastructure spending in the latest federal budget, agricultural subsidies, attempted coal subsidies, reducing income taxes across the board during a deficit while corporations got an ostensive cut but significant difficulties in taking advantage of any them if they do business overseas or act in professional capacities such as accounting and law, railing against the carbon tax which economists have near-universally endorsed).
Trump is a buffoon who lets his advisors tell him what to do
Except this is 100% wrong, he constantly ignores his advisors to do what he wants (case in point: withdrawal from Syria, which took the whole establishment by surprise regardless of what you think the merits of that decision were). He does what he thinks will make him popular with his base, and his thought processes never seem to go beyond that.
Ok... what does this post about our president and his policies whether you agree with them or not have anything to do with this topic???? Seriously, this seems almost totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand don't you think?
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:57 pm

Kokonoe wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
What are extreme left views?
The government should own the means of production?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147