Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Kagari » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:47 pm

They're really over-saturating the fusion merch, huh. Except for Gotenks...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:56 pm

Kagari wrote:They're really over-saturating the fusion merch, huh. Except for Gotenks...
Bandai LOVE fusions. Which is why I was mad at Toyo for suggesting Vegetto Blue for the Trunks arc. Bandai just need a second of screen time to milk fusion.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:They're really over-saturating the fusion merch, huh. Except for Gotenks...
Bandai LOVE fusions. Which is why I was mad at Toyo for suggesting Vegetto Blue for the Trunks arc. Bandai just need a second of screen time to milk fusion.

To be fair Gogeta and Vegetto are extremely popular. All you have to do is look when they are on a Dokkan banner how much money Bandai Namco makes.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hey bud, can you double check I got above right?
Pretty much but they are just 16.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Broly done for now!

=====

alakazam^ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hey bud, can you double check I got above right?
Pretty much but they are just 16.
Cool thanls! And Bandai usually don't include the secret rares in the set count so it's really 17.
Kinokima wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

To be fair Gogeta and Vegetto are extremely popular. All you have to do is look when they are on a Dokkan banner how much money Bandai Namco makes.
They deffo anticipating that for the movie why they gave him Grandista and Gigantic but Broly Full Power form ended up being the more popular! That shocked me after seeing the film.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:54 pm

I hope Vegito Xeno SSJ4 is also popular with the Japanese because y freaking love his design and I'd love to get a bunch of merch of him.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Dokkan Kuji Evolution blew up after a week and over took the others except Collab. Seems to be hard to find now. Not too surprising since Japanese folks have been clamouring for an Evolution Vegeta for a year now. I pre'd mine last month but I am waiting for Wafer Stickers and Skill Figures to release and ship them out together.

March I expect #21 to be popular. SS Goku to be least.

May will be interesting to see how Evo Vegeta does there he will still only be 1. I expect Broly's will be the sought after especially with how many Japanese people quote tweeted complaining about Gogeta lol. Gogeta is 2 with FP Broly but I expect Gogeta to crash faster. SSGSS Goku too looks no different to Ultimate Soldiers. SS Goku and Freeza doubt anyone will give a shit and would want to get rid. I am actually looking forward to the smaller prizes than the figures here if I am honest.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Dokkan Kuji Evolution blew up after a week and over took the others except Collab. Seems to be hard to find now. Not too surprising since Japanese folks have been clamouring for an Evolution Vegeta for a year now. I pre'd mine last month but I am waiting for Wafer Stickers and Skill Figures to release and ship them out together.

May will be interesting to see how Evo Vegeta does there he will still only be 1. I expect Broly's will be the sought after especially with how many Japanese people quote tweeted complaining about Gogeta lol. Gogeta is 2 with FP Broly but I expect Gogeta to crash faster. SSGSS Goku too looks no different to Ultimate Soldiers. SS Goku and Freeza doubt anyone will give a shit and would want to get rid. I am actually looking forward to the smaller prizes than the figures here if I am honest.

My Evo Vegeta came in yesterday and he looks great. Will post pics tomorrow!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:02 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:SDBH Styling figures?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YO THAT LOOKS DOPE.

Bruh I'm running out of room to put all this lmao

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:07 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Dokkan Kuji Evolution blew up after a week and over took the others except Collab. Seems to be hard to find now. Not too surprising since Japanese folks have been clamouring for an Evolution Vegeta for a year now. I pre'd mine last month but I am waiting for Wafer Stickers and Skill Figures to release and ship them out together.

Why were they complaining about Gogeta?

And yeah, I'm still scratching my head over Goku's inclusion in the Androids Ichiban Kuji. Would have been better to have 16 or something instead of a stock Goku figure.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:40 am

Kagari wrote:

Why were they complaining about Gogeta?

And yeah, I'm still scratching my head over Goku's inclusion in the Androids Ichiban Kuji. Would have been better to have 16 or something instead of a stock Goku figure.
For some reason a lot of people dislike Gogeta's face sculpt on the May Kuji. I don't really see the issue but enough people apparently do lol.

Worst thing about the Goku is that it is most phoned in Goku I have seen especially for a Kuji which is supposed to be higher quality than your average prize figure smh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:41 am

Grandista Gogeta IRL:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:07 am

Dragon Stars Gogeta and Broly IRL:
Looks like we have confirmation of Battle Damaged Tag Fighters, prod and scans in April:

====
MKCSTEALTH wrote: My Evo Vegeta came in yesterday and he looks great. Will post pics tomorrow!
Nice. My Omen came yesterday too yet to open it 4k was a bargain:

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: ====
MKCSTEALTH wrote: My Evo Vegeta came in yesterday and he looks great. Will post pics tomorrow!
I just got my omen goku also, paid $50 for it... Still waiting to find Evo vegeta for a decent (non-ebay) price.

It's so simple but it's probably one of my favorite gokus'

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:58 pm

DasMuse wrote:
I just got my omen goku also, paid $50 for it... Still waiting to find Evo vegeta for a decent (non-ebay) price.

Welp. I got hit by Bandai's terrible QC :(
Not happy. Not happy at all. Now they have taken Banpresto things are only gonna get worse....

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:03 pm

Yep. Bandai Spirits quality control isn’t good in the US either. I got the Gogeta Masterlise recently and the hair had some odd imperfections that I don’t see on any of my other BP statues and the fingers looked like they had some extra plastic on them. Aside from that it’s really good but still, it sucks that they’ll be taking over Banpresto as a whole now

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Wow. Been over 2 years since I started this thread and almost 6 years on Kanzenshuu :o Time flies!!

I wonder what the longest we went without any news on here? Feels like everyday now there is something to report lol.
SSGSS Goku wrote:Yep. Bandai Spirits quality control isn’t good in the US either. I got the Gogeta Masterlise recently and the hair had some odd imperfections that I don’t see on any of my other BP statues and the fingers looked like they had some extra plastic on them. Aside from that it’s really good but still, it sucks that they’ll be taking over Banpresto as a whole now
Try contacting your local Bandai and see if they willing to send a replacement. Importing from JPN is the risk, I have avoided issues until now guess it was bound to happen sooner /:

Thing is Bandai S struggling now so now when they have Prize Figures in their list.... it's scary. Really scary just imagining.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:33 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DasMuse wrote:

Welp. I got hit by Bandai's terrible QC :(
Not happy. Not happy at all. Now they have taken Banpresto things are only gonna get worse....

Damn... I'm sorry to hear/see that. I've had great luck in that area when it comes to these kind figures. All of mine have arrived immaculate. Well except the X-Plus kaioken goku, the internal wires came loose from the plug inside the boot so the glow didn't work. I opened it myself and power it with a 9volt now.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:05 am

Wafer 11 scan complete set minus the peel backs:
Didn't realise how appealing these actually were!

Some sort of lottery (re-release?) of DB/Z/GT/S Premium Cardass:

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:41 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Wafer 11 scan complete set minus the peel backs:
Didn't realise how appealing these actually were!
I really love the art on these, so much so that I kinda wish they made them bigger.
i've been collecting them since I first noticed them awhile back. I don't have all of them from the earlier sets, but I have all the ones I want. The newer sets i'm only missing a few here and there.

I do hope they don't do anymore of the sticker on top of sticker thing like with this set. SUPER annoying.

P.S. yet another example of Evo Blue Vegeta with Cyan hair instead of Dark Blue... :thumbdown: