Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:45 am

ShaggyBlanco wrote:
I expected more from you Top
Isn't his name Toppo? I honestly did not understand what you meant before I went back to take a look at the screen capture.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:22 am

Full summary for Super Dragon Ball Heroes Episode 8: “The Ultimate, Worst Warriors Invade! Universe 6 Demolished!”
EDIT --

And preview text for next episode, which will go up on March 14:
Last edited by Cipher on Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:33 am

sangofe wrote:
ShaggyBlanco wrote:
I expected more from you Top
Isn't his name Toppo? I honestly did not understand what you meant before I went back to take a look at the screen capture.
They call him Top in the English dub.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:28 am

It was a decent episode. I liked it. The previous one had action, but it was repeating itself. This one was a slightly more unique, counting out some re-used animation from the previous episode.

Plot-wise, I didn't like the fact that we missed Toppo's fight with Cumber. Damn, SDBH downgrades the characters' power a lot. Anyway, Hearts seems like a very promising villain.

Other than that, when, Zamasu appeared, I expected Trunks to react with some more rage and when Oren and Kamin stated their Tuffle origins to Vegeta, he could have said something like "and I am the Prince of all Saiyans, Vegeta!" before smacking them around for a while.
P O W E R

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:35 am

Oren Caulifla and Kamin Kale look pretty cool but i'm still pissed of how their hair doesn't turn SSJ and they remain in base forms despite having white hair which is SSJ form.

I also absolutely hate how lazy they were creating this episode. Kamin and Oren doesn't turn into liquid but just disappear and turn into some stupid lights that just go into body like that (wtf). No liquid going through wounds. And in manga they were actually shown in liquid forms so it's simply laziness.

On the other hand, in manga Oren and Kamin were forced out of Caulifla's and Kale's bodies by simple punch which was pathetic. Here, they escaped their bodies to avoid blasts which was pretty cool.

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:00 am

It sucks that actors like Rikiya Koyama and Takehito Koyasu were wasted on a Heroes anime. I would've preferred to hear them play larger roles in a Dragon Ball movie or a legit story arc, not a shitty promo anime.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:56 am

This was a fun episode, just like the previous episode. I love seeing the Sixth Universe again and I'm glad they had a longer battle. I do wish the production had more time and animators to be able to handle more extensive battles but the tension from Tomioka Atsuhiro's script and the music score really make this an exciting storyline.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:40 am

sangofe wrote:Isn't his name Toppo? I honestly did not understand what you meant before I went back to take a look at the screen capture.
It shouldn't be since it's just "pot" backwards. "Toppo" is no different than "Torankusu" but of course the majority of fans don't like to think and just follow what other people decide for them. Even if the spelling is official it doesn't make it "correct" if one wants consistency.
sunsetshimmer wrote:I also absolutely hate how lazy they were creating this episode. Kamin and Oren doesn't turn into liquid but just disappear and turn into some stupid lights that just go into body like that (wtf). No liquid going through wounds. And in manga they were actually shown in liquid forms so it's simply laziness.
They did target their wounds.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:19 pm

It seems the date of the next episode was changed to March 7th.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:20 pm

I hate how they are making Hit into a complete joke in this series.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:38 pm

Oh wow, for what its worth (which aint much) this was actually a good episode! the only problem is the stakes cant seem to get any higher than this, Goku training with the Grand Priest and Hearts wanting to over throw Zen-Oh is top of the totem pole. Daishinkan is presumably gonna teach Goku to perfect ultra instinct which could take away from this exact same concept should it happen in the series proper.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:25 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
sangofe wrote:Isn't his name Toppo? I honestly did not understand what you meant before I went back to take a look at the screen capture.
It shouldn't be since it's just "pot" backwards. "Toppo" is no different than "Torankusu" but of course the majority of fans don't like to think and just follow what other people decide for them. Even if the spelling is official it doesn't make it "correct" if one wants consistency.

Really? Pretty sure the subs said Toppo. Did kanzenshuu.com go with Top? If so I learned something new.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:59 pm

I loved Zamasu in this episode. This so-called Hearts is a fool if he thinks he can give orders to the Supreme God. Just another pretentious mortal who doesn't know his place.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:04 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I loved Zamasu in this episode. This so-called Hearts is a fool if he thinks he can give orders to the Supreme God. Just another pretentious mortal who doesn't know his place.
Lol, well said. To be honest, I kinda miss Goku Black...
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:08 pm

I do wonder what Hearts is thinking. From what I've understood, he wants mortals to be free and yet he puts Zamasu in his team? Either he doesn't know what Zamasu did, or he has some backup plan should Zamasu go rogue.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:33 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I do wonder what Hearts is thinking. From what I've understood, he wants mortals to be free and yet he puts Zamasu in his team? Either he doesn't know what Zamasu did, or he has some backup plan should Zamasu go rogue.
Well he admits he's a hypocrite. Maybe he's going to go the whole 'if you're dead you're technically free' route.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:47 pm

sangofe wrote: Really? Pretty sure the subs said Toppo. Did kanzenshuu.com go with Top? If so I learned something new.
Kanzenshuu did a whole podcast epsiode on it, it is pretty interesting:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=42775&p=1538637&hi ... o#p1538637

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:46 pm

The English dub calls him Top, yes, I've seen the dub and I agree with that statement. I also don't think Hit was made into a joke in the latest episode. He was simply up against extremely powerful opponents.

When Hearts said they were going after Jiren, I couldn't help thinking what a total fool Hearts must be. Jiren is stronger than a God of Desctruction and has probably trained pretty hard since the ToP so unless he has some sort of plan which I imagine he does, how could he possibly hope to beat Jiren?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Hulk10 wrote:The English dub calls him Top, yes, I've seen the dub and I agree with that statement. I also don't think Hit was made into a joke in the latest episode. He was simply up against extremely powerful opponents.

When Hearts said they were going after Jiren, I couldn't help thinking what a total fool Hearts must be. Jiren is stronger than a God of Desctruction and has probably trained pretty hard since the ToP so unless he has some sort of plan which I imagine he does, how could he possibly hope to beat Jiren?
Hit did better against Jiren in the ToP (when he was nerfed due to not being allowed to use his killing techniques) than he did against those two Tsufurian kids in DBH (when he was unrestricted).

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:51 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:The English dub calls him Top, yes, I've seen the dub and I agree with that statement. I also don't think Hit was made into a joke in the latest episode. He was simply up against extremely powerful opponents.

Hit did better against Jiren in the ToP (when he was nerfed due to not being allowed to use his killing techniques) than he did against those two Tsufurian kids in DBH (when he was unrestricted).
Those Tuffle kids weren't technically living things, they were machine mutants so perhaps his assassination techniques were ineffective. And lets not forget that they may have studied Hit's techniques from afar and were thus better prepared. We also didn't see the whole battle between them and Hit.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.