Which areas of Dragon Ball would you like for the writers of the series to expand upon?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Which areas of Dragon Ball would you like for the writers of the series to expand upon?

Post by Son Dragon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Dragon Ball has developed a lot throughout the years, however it also has its fair share of open contents or unexplored ideas. Which area of Dragon Ball would you like for the writers of the series to expand upon. For me personally I would like for the magic in the series to additiinally detailed, which is actually happening right now. I find the idea thaf Oolong and Puar attended some sort of shapeshifting school together somewhat interesting. I'd also like to see more history on the antropromophic characters in the series.

Android 21 Picture for Fun:
General Rules for the thread, no flaming, please respect each other's opinions. You know the usual. Pictures are fine, please include then in spoilers and maybe we can create a category of ideas people are interested in. Non canon discussions are allowed. And also if the thread should ever die, you are welcome to ressurect it with the Dragon Balls or whatever.
Last edited by Son Dragon on Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Which areas of Dragon Ball would you like for the writers of the series to expand upon?

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:03 pm

With the current climate of Super and the lore it's established, the big ones for me at the moment would probably be:

-The Namekian Book of Legends
-The First Time Traveler from U11
-Yamoshi and the Ancient Saiyans (kind of touching on this with Cumber potentially)
-Zalama
-The 6 Universes that were previously erased

However, if we do go back and look at things, the big things I would like to see:

-The Cold Empire before Frieza took over
-Goku's young childhood with Grandpa Gohan leading to his death
-The original Namekian Kami and Piccolo separated from
-What Dr. Gero was doing during Dragonball

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Re: Which areas of Dragon Ball would you like for the writers of the series to expand upon?

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:25 pm

- Universe 13 to 18 (like their Destroyers & Angels before erasure) and their themes and how they connected to the still existing 12 universes

- The 4 Beings (most likely Gods and/or Demons) Near Grand Priest Level

- The Demon Realm (hardly touched in Z or mentioned in Super yet it’s paid attention in heroes but I would like a more different view in the anime that doesn’t involve Time travel)

- Zalama and why he made the super Dragon balls

Then If super returns

- Goku & Vegeta & Broly train The U6 Saiyan Trio (example: Goku teaches Caulifla the Kamehameha which results in Caulifla doing the Atomic Kamehameha in the anime). And the evil Tuffles of U6 can be the threat

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:58 pm

• Reincarnation: how does it exactly work in the Dragon world?
• Zalama: where does he come from and how was he able to create such powerful items as the Dragon Balls?
• Zeno and the God hierarchy: where do Zeno and the Angels come from? How did Beerus and the other Hakaishins attain their roles? Who is the “King” the God’s calendar is based off?
• The erased universes: why were they erased, who were the Gods and what beings lived there?
• Demons realm and its inhabitants
• Namekian Book of Legends: could it hold some other secrets?
• Who are the other beings who can use Time-Skip like Hit?
• The other time traveller(s) apart from Trunks
• Yamoshi and the internal conflict which lead to U7 Sadal being destroyed
• Ultra Instinct: who was the first being to ever attain it?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:51 pm

More Gine. Don't care how, more Gine!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:30 pm

I mainly want to explore shadowy parts of Zamasu's story. For example, we know that Zamasu was a North Kai, as we saw in a flashback in the manga, and he had a mortal winged pig as a pet. I'd like to see what he did when he was North Kai and what happened to his pet. We know that he saw several examples of mortals acting foolishly, hence why he already doubts them when he first appears on screen. The writers could build on that. We know that Zamasu destroyed countless mortal civilizations before coming to the Earth. I'd love seeing that, and perhaps we would learn that Zamasu met worthy opponents before clashing with Trunks.

Zamasu is a complex character, and sadly the fact that the arc was short means that a lot of his story remains mysterious. But he's a very popular character (especially Black), I could even see a movie made about his backstory.

Aside from Zamasu, I'd also like to learn more about the Makaioshins, the Shinjin who are born evil and exiled.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:44 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: -The First Time Traveler from U11
You mean the time traveler from U12
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:49 pm

- First time traveler from Universe 12
- Namekian Book of Legends
- Zalama
- Yamoshi and the Ancient Saiyans
- U12 in general considering they’re known as the Ultimate Universe and is one of the 4 that hasn’t had almost anything about it revealed
- Universes 13 to 18
- Jiren’s evil-doer
- Planet Sadala
- The Demon Realm (perhaps there is a demon realm in every universe)
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:55 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote: -The First Time Traveler from U11
You mean the time traveler from U12
I did must've mistyped :?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 pm

- Story of Beerus (and Champa). Who were they before becoming GoDs, was there another GoD before them? who was he?
- Jiren's path to becoming the strongest of all the multiverse. I would like to see a younger Jiren taking down some foe that was out of his league, he wasn't always the strongest. Him tracking down the evildoer that killed his people and getting his revenge. Belmond taking him under his wing.
- Hit.
- Vegeta I.
-

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:58 am

At least for a little while, I'd like less "new" stuff which is really just the same formulaic thing at this point, and more diving into existing series lore and expanding on the motivations and history of the existing cast. Make the stories more personal. That's partly why Zamasu was so good, high personal stakes.

Specifically, I'm a sucker for the demon realm and Dabura. I like the more mystical side of DB, which is why I was a big fan of the Garlic Jr. mini-arc. I'd like more to be done with the Androids too. I feel more can be done with #17 and #18 as protagonists. I feel Cell ended their story potential a bit early and Toriyama barely did anything with them after.

And I'd reaaaally like more Great Saiyaman stuff and slice-of-life.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:22 pm

• Dragon God Zalama
• The other 6 erased universes
• Jiren’s evil-doer
• Yamoshi
• I want to truly know exactly how the God hierarchy under Zeno works in minute detail.
• Demon Realm Arc

And probably some other things i can’t come up with right now, but will conveniently access my conscious mind later down the road when it’s already too late to edit my post :D

Oh wait! Yes! A lot of you may look at me funny when you hear me mention it. But here it is!

• The Old Witch the Elder Kaioshin is fused with!

Yes that’s right! I’ve always taken an extreme interest in her! For reasons i don’t truly know yet, but she always facinated me to no end.
I guess it’s her ancientness. She was already alive (and OLD!) 75 MILLION years ago! That is quite impressive and ancient! I want to know what she was doing there randomly on the Kaioshin Realm. How she got there and why she was there. What is her story? I’d like to know more about her origin and stuff.

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:46 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:With the current climate of Super and the lore it's established, the big ones for me at the moment would probably be:

-The Namekian Book of Legends
-The First Time Traveler from U11
-Yamoshi and the Ancient Saiyans (kind of touching on this with Cumber potentially)
-Zalama
-The 6 Universes that were previously erased

However, if we do go back and look at things, the big things I would like to see:

-The Cold Empire before Frieza took over
-Goku's young childhood with Grandpa Gohan leading to his death
-The original Namekian Kami and Piccolo separated from
-What Dr. Gero was doing during Dragonball
Hopefully we get an arc to go over it.
I think the top two would be pretty cool. Also Goku taking on Cailifla as student should be fun.
Oh it's coming. I don't know how long Toriyama or Toyotaro can hold outwithoit developing the story.
Yeah I'd really like more information on the witch too. Maybe with magic being
re-ntroduced into the series the Elder Kai might be able to talk about her existence.
Agreed. If we're lucky it might be tied into the previous existing universes.
Seeing Beerus rise up would entertaining. Personally I'm hoping we might recieve the story the same time we find out about the remaoning 6 universes. Also Jiren story for the win :D

This!!
I would love this actually. In fact until you mentioned it I never knew Zamasu had a pet pig. Maybe if we're lucky we can recieve a Gaiden Story or something.
Jackalope89 wrote:More Gine. Don't care how, more Gine!

Hopefully after the anime returns they'll have a flashback for Bardock and Gine.
Last edited by Son Dragon on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:37 pm

emperior wrote:• Reincarnation: how does it exactly work in the Dragon world?
• Zalama: where does he come from and how was he able to create such powerful items as the Dragon Balls?
• Zeno and the God hierarchy: where do Zeno and the Angels come from? How did Beerus and the other Hakaishins attain their roles? Who is the “King” the God’s calendar is based off?
• The erased universes: why were they erased, who were the Gods and what beings lived there?
• Demons realm and its inhabitants
• Namekian Book of Legends: could it hold some other secrets?
• Who are the other beings who can use Time-Skip like Hit?
• The other time traveller(s) apart from Trunks
• Yamoshi and the internal conflict which lead to U7 Sadal being destroyed
• Ultra Instinct: who was the first being to ever attain it?
sadly , Toriyama and Toei dont care for the interesting parts but give us a broly movie which is only interesting becouse of gogeta vs broly and the animation.
i would have taken a movie about literaly any of the things you listed over broly movie anyday of the weak.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:59 am

• Time Patrol vs Time Breakers/Demon Realm (including Makaio and Makaioshin).
• Yamoshi stuff.
• Saiyans vs Tsufurujins.
• Multiverse (history/origin, including said stuff for Zeno and angels).

These are the most important ones, but honestly, at this point, I would want anything that is not a crap tournament or a boring retelling.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:15 am

I honestly think the era before Dragon Ball, as in the time period of Muten Roshi as pupil and Master Mutaito, could be rife for great martial arts centered stories.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:54 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:15 am I honestly think the era before Dragon Ball, as in the time period of Muten Roshi as pupil and Master Mutaito, could be rife for great martial arts centered stories.
This is the stuff I'd really like to see. As a matter of fact, I'd honestly like for this to be the next major Dragon Ball project. Ideally, I'd like Toriyama to work closely with another popular mangaka to make this happen.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-