Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by KingKaash » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:52 am

Who knew 8 minutes could be so jam packed with craziness!
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:28 am

This series is incredibly frustrating. Stuff like Jiren’s return or Goku training with the Grand Priest are really big deals that should be saved for Super itself, not a nonsensical promotional series.

Like, Heart has an interesting motivation in theory, but we’ll never get to see it done well because the idea is already taken.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:05 am

theTUN wrote:This series is incredibly frustrating. Stuff like Jiren’s return or Goku training with the Grand Priest are really big deals that should be saved for Super itself, not a nonsensical promotional series.

Like, Heart has an interesting motivation in theory, but we’ll never get to see it done well because the idea is already taken.
I hear ya. They even ruined UI by bringing it back so soon. Movie had the balls not to do it yet thanks to Heroes whenever it does make it's grand return in the main anime it will be diminished. It's even on the KV for this promotional arc ffs.

I don't get it, Heroes has a lot of things it can mess around with so why are they messing around with DBS stuff?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:15 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
theTUN wrote:This series is incredibly frustrating. Stuff like Jiren’s return or Goku training with the Grand Priest are really big deals that should be saved for Super itself, not a nonsensical promotional series.

I hear ya. They even ruined UI by bringing it back so soon. Movie had the balls not to do it yet thanks to Heroes whenever it does make it's grand return in the main anime it will be diminished. It's even on the KV for this promotional arc ffs.

I don't get it, Heroes has a lot of things it can mess around with so why are they messing around with DBS stuff?
Because DBS is new and popular, so they're capitalizing on it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:14 am

Being that episode is part of "Season 2" I sorta expected it to be better but it was painfully boring but, you know, I still watch it 'cause it's Dragon Ball. They take ages to release another episode and then it's just.. this. That said, there were some interesting things they did but it was ruined by how frustratingly tedious it was, imo.

8mins might not be enough but they sure could make the episodes a lot better by making it entertaining.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:20 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Why should they not mess around with DBS stuff? It's a hot product and they should squeeze every drop from it. That's only good thing not only for us but also for Dragon Ball. They get more money so they can create more cool things like another great movie or another tv series.

Besides, you act like you have no idea what is DBH. It was always like that - mess around with various stuff and create 'what if' scenarios. I understand that some people are pissed that this promotional anime is very short - but IT IS JUST A PROMOTIONAL STUFF. You don't have to watch it, it's just to promote the game, it's not canon in any way. So all the cool stuff like UI, Jiren's return or possible Goku's training with Grand Priest in Super WILL NOT BE DIMINISHED because it's not happening in the proper story/timeline. Just chill out.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:53 pm

The manga/comic book version of Super Dragon Ball Heroes is heading to Spain sometime in 2019.

https://newdragonball.com/2018/11/04/dr ... eta-comic/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Mnich wrote:Why should they not mess around with DBS stuff? It's a hot product and they should squeeze every drop from it. That's only good thing not only for us but also for Dragon Ball. They get more money so they can create more cool things like another great movie or another tv series.

Besides, you act like you have no idea what is DBH. It was always like that - mess around with various stuff and create 'what if' scenarios. I understand that some people are pissed that this promotional anime is very short - but IT IS JUST A PROMOTIONAL STUFF. You don't have to watch it, it's just to promote the game, it's not canon in any way. So all the cool stuff like UI, Jiren's return or possible Goku's training with Grand Priest in Super WILL NOT BE DIMINISHED because it's not happening in the proper story/timeline. Just chill out.
I know right. Heroes is nonsense that knows it's nonsense. I don't expect much from it because it's just trying to sell me on a card game at the end of the day. I'd rather it remain junk food if it means the proper series gets all the better treatment. Especially after the TOP shit. Why bother giving it stronger resources when that can go to better shows. My only actual condolence goes to not having Dio's VA on the main show. Hopefully he gets a big villain role there some day.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:45 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Well he admits he's a hypocrite. Maybe he's going to go the whole 'if you're dead you're technically free' route.
In the manga he expresses some dissatisfaction with Zamasu killing mortals unnecessarily, but shrugs Hit's seeming death off as simply another sacrifice on the path to utopia, so my reading was that he's admitting to a level of hypocrisy/self-contradiction in that he wants the freedom of all mortals long-term, but is willing to kill them in the immediate to achieve it.

The old "I'm going to make a perfect world for even if I'd have no right to live in it myself" kind of motivation.

It does seem kind of inevitable that he and Zamasu are going to have a more permanent falling out at some point though.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:23 pm

Anyone else wish that this series was using Shintani's designs?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:43 pm

Not really. This series pretty perfectly reflects Yamamuro's modern design sense, they're really made for each other. Not that I really want it to continue looking bad by any means, I'm not that petty, but Shintani's talents should be spent improving the aesthetic of better, more important Dragon Ball productions.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:29 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Anyone else wish that this series was using Shintani's designs?
I do. He doesn't even need to be the animation supervisor, just design.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:01 am

Right now I'm just hoping when Super 2.0 appears they continue to use Shintani's character designs from the movie for the series. I'm still worried they won't.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:42 am

Chuquita wrote:Right now I'm just hoping when Super 2.0 appears they continue to use Shintani's character designs from the movie for the series. I'm still worried they won't.
Considering the length of the production schedule at this point and the fact that Shintani is also otherwise nowhere to be found I am confident that his designs will continue to be used, especially given how completely devoted Yamamuro has been to Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:12 am

JulieYBM wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Right now I'm just hoping when Super 2.0 appears they continue to use Shintani's character designs from the movie for the series. I'm still worried they won't.
Considering the length of the production schedule at this point and the fact that Shintani is also otherwise nowhere to be found I am confident that his designs will continue to be used, especially given how completely devoted Yamamuro has been to Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
Many thanks! That does make me feel hopeful.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:56 pm

TheRed259 wrote:I wonder if they are gonna make Goku from DB Heroes more powerful than Goku from DB Super.
Toei will not give a flying fuck about what happens in Heroes when they're taking Super 2.0 into consideration. Heroes is Bandai's baby and only ever go to Toei when they need some cheap visual promotion of it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:23 pm

TheRed259 wrote:I wonder if they are gonna make Goku from DB Heroes more powerful than Goku from DB Super.
Better question: Will the powerscaling in either of the series be consistent enough to actually tell?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:47 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Better question: Will the powerscaling in either of the series be consistent enough to actually tell?
I personally doubt it.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:52 pm

No Dragon Ball series has "consistent power scaling". Everyone's power level has always been, and is always going to be "as strong as we think will make this fight good".