List of all foreign language dubs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: List of all foreign language dubs

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:58 pm

wjbraden wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to thank you all for your help, there's been tons more updated to the spreadsheet, be sure to check it out here! https://goo.gl/Zay3za

Also, I'm not too well-versed when it comes to video games. I know that Funimation has dubbed several games over the years, but could anyone tell me if other countries/regions dubbed or even subtitled any of video game media out there?

I'm also considering adding a manga release section to the grid, would anybody be interested in that?
The Albanian dub intrigues me.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:00 am

sangofe wrote: The Albanian dub intrigues me.
The whole dubbing scene is really fascinating over there. Apparently, there isn't much legal oversight and an abundance of piracy in the region, to the point that companies like Toei don't have the time and resources to do anything about it. They have dozens of titles that they've dubbed, from anime to preschool cartoons, that they've lifted from various sources (R1 DVD releases, pirate sites, you name it), and had professional actors, namely from a rather shady dubbing company called "Jess" Discographic, come in dub and localize the material (they even have a trademark and website, check it out http://aafilmcompany.com/Eng/?page_id=657) . In one case, I found a kisscartoon watermark on an episode of their dubbed version of One Piece. :lol:
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

geralds

Post by geralds » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:44 am

wjbraden wrote:@Tian Ok, I'll be sure to dd that.

Also, anyone here know anything more about the Chinese dubs (Mainland, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc)? I'm having a little trouble finding out about them due to the language barrier.
About the only thing I know is there is more then likely no official DVD release of dragon in Chinese. Most of it is probably only on vcd most of the companies in those countries still release vcd just because dvds cost to much. I have heard a lot of people want dvds or blueray but when it comes to buying them they hate hesitant because vcds are so cheap.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:01 am

Yo, wjbraden! I found something about DB Super in Europe.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... -in-europe

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:32 am

Tian wrote:Yo, wjbraden! I found something about DB Super in Europe.
And France still isn't on that list! Edit: these are subs, not dubs.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:50 am

sangofe wrote:
I know but I thought it could be added since Eastern Europe and Finland are in the list.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 am

i know it isn't really in the topics (just a little) but i have talked few days ago with brigitte lecordier (which is kid goku french actress) and she learned me that the french dub was 100% uncut originally and that the ones released and air on tv isn't the more complete version existing (i have evidence for example with db episode 1 which have 1 cut when bulma goes behind the rock before being caught but is 100% uncut on my recording)

she also told me that it was cut just before airing on tv so it's just AB that did like toei by throwing away their audio masters (or maybe they just lied and just don't want to use it )

for example when japanese anime start releasing on VHS , AB said that dragon ball and saint seiya was dubbed censored and that with time they cut more and more and the VHS version was the only one remaining but it's was a lie as when dvd were released, it was far less censored than the VHS .
For the french owner of the dragon ball serie part two, screen title was dubbed inside but it never aired like that and can't be a re-dub as the narrator voice actor was already dead so i really think that a french uncut dub exist somewhere in AB company or elsewhere

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:58 am

Tian wrote:
sangofe wrote:
I know but I thought it could be added since Eastern Europe and Finland are in the list.
The list I meant was the Google Sheets document wjbraden created, not the Crunchyroll list. I'm quoting myself because I can't edit my previous post to specify what list I was talking about.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Honestly, this thread is a goldmine for info about dubs of Dragon Ball series and movies and I dunno why it hasn't been pinned as this is information pretty much essential for anyone who wants to look it up. This is what I was looking for and thank you so much, DB_Fan1991.

Anyway, there are two Brazilian-Portuguese dubs of sorts of Dragon Ball Kai. One that's mostly with the Kikuchi score (18-26, 29-98), and the other that has the Yamamoto score up to episode 54 but that one (Band) is hard to find.
gregoryluis09 wrote:Bandeirantes aired Brazilian Kai with the Yamamoto score till episode 54.
Here's some video evidence (Ep. 41) provided by Danfun64.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Two dubs? I thought there was only one voice track, but different audio mixes, some worse than others.

Was it really two completely separate dubs (like Gota Magica DB 1-60 and Alamo DB 1-60, or DPN DB 61-153 and Alamo DB 61-153, or Alamo DBZ Movie 3 and Studio Gabia DBZ Movie 3, or Alamo DBZ Specials 1-2 and Parisi Video DBZ Specials 1-2, or Alamo DB Movies 1-3 and BKS DB Movies 1-3)?

On a side note, are you saying there isn't a Kikuchi track for ep 1-17 and 27-28?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:15 pm

You should update Polish version with DBS dub (last EP was aired yesterday). Also GT's TV special is missing in Lektor part, it was only in second lektor.

Here is updated version:

Polish (Lektor) (DB 1-153, DBZ 1-291, DBGT 1-64 2 different Lektors + DBGT TV special, DBK 1-98, DBZ Movies 1-3)
Polish (DBZ Movies 12-13, DBS 1-131)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:46 am

geralds wrote:
wjbraden wrote:@Tian Ok, I'll be sure to dd that.

Also, anyone here know anything more about the Chinese dubs (Mainland, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc)? I'm having a little trouble finding out about them due to the language barrier.
About the only thing I know is there is more then likely no official DVD release of dragon in Chinese. Most of it is probably only on vcd most of the companies in those countries still release vcd just because dvds cost to much. I have heard a lot of people want dvds or blueray but when it comes to buying them they hate hesitant because vcds are so cheap.

There is an official home video release of Dragon Ball Z and GT on vcd and dvd in Hong Kong but that has gone out of print for a long time. It's also slightly cut due to the distributors using the TVB Cantonese dub as their audio source at the time. But as I've been told, the cuts are minimal and hard to notice. The newer movies have been consistently released on dvd and Blu-ray though. In fact, Hong Kong is one of the fewer places where the 3D version of Resurrection F is released on Blu-ray with English subtitles.
The world is your's.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:17 am

Danfun64 wrote:On a side note, are you saying there isn't a Kikuchi track for ep 1-17 and 27-28?
I'd say that exists (on DVD) but at least for the original airing there were some episodes with the Yamamoto score.

If someone did record the Brazilian Kai dub with the Yamamoto score, till episode 54.. that's tough to find because the popular version is Cartoon Network's (Yamamoto 01-17, 28 & Kikuchi 18-26, 29-98). It's illegal for folks to share it but otherwise the companies themselves won't preserve it.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:23 am

Can the Polish Kai dub even be truly called a dub? It's a guy who voices over the Japanese audio. I thought that was a thing of the past.

I don't know Polish but I'd take a guess that "Lektor" means Reader in English and Leitor in Portuguese / Lector in Castillan, so it explains why there's a reader and not a dubber. Still, this qualifies as a dub? Hard to say. It's something, I guess. :|

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:25 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote: German (DB 1-153, DBZ 1-291, DBGT 1-28, 30-37, 39-45, 48-53, 58 & 64, DBK 1-ongoing, DB Movies 1-4, DBZ Movies 1-15, DBZ TV Specials 1-2, DBGT TV Special)

What's that about?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:41 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Can the Polish Kai dub even be truly called a dub? It's a guy who voices over the Japanese audio. I thought that was a thing of the past.

I don't know Polish but I'd take a guess that "Lektor" means Reader in English and Leitor in Portuguese / Lector in Castillan, so it explains why there's a reader and not a dubber. Still, this qualifies as a dub? Hard to say. It's something, I guess. :|
I generally see voice-overs as spoken subtitles than dubs.

Although... I've seen voice-overs that seemed more a dub than a voice-over. One of them is the Serbian voice-over of Transformers G1. There were several reasons why I see it more as a dub than a voice-over:
• Most voice-overs have 1 or 2 people to voice all the characters. This one had 5 people (4 men and 1 woman)
• That people were not lektors like the Polish voice-over but they are/were famous actors in the country that acted in so many films and TV series (I say were because the 4 men have already passed away, the woman is the only one who is currently alive)
• They were not reading the script in the flat way like the Polish voice-over but they were acting it. This mean, you could hear him crying, laughing and screaming despite the original audio being heard in the background.
• It has lip-sync... well most of the time.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:32 pm

TVfan721 wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote: German (DB 1-153, DBZ 1-291, DBGT 1-28, 30-37, 39-45, 48-53, 58 & 64, DBK 1-ongoing, DB Movies 1-4, DBZ Movies 1-15, DBZ TV Specials 1-2, DBGT TV Special)

What's that about?
13 episodes were cut from the German dub due to them being “too violent”.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:31 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Honestly, this thread is a goldmine for info about dubs of Dragon Ball series and movies and I dunno why it hasn't been pinned as this is information pretty much essential for anyone who wants to look it up. This is what I was looking for and thank you so much, DB_Fan1991.

Anyway, there are two Brazilian-Portuguese dubs of sorts of Dragon Ball Kai. One that's mostly with the Kikuchi score (18-26, 29-98), and the other that has the Yamamoto score up to episode 54 but that one (Band) is hard to find.
gregoryluis09 wrote:Bandeirantes aired Brazilian Kai with the Yamamoto score till episode 54.
Just saying that I was the one who recorded that video :lol:

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:Honestly, this thread is a goldmine for info about dubs of Dragon Ball series and movies and I dunno why it hasn't been pinned as this is information pretty much essential for anyone who wants to look it up. This is what I was looking for and thank you so much, DB_Fan1991.

Just saying that I was the one who recorded that video :lol:
Thanks for that. I just meant that Danfun64 posted the YT link.

It's a shame no one seems to have Brazilian Kai with Yamamoto 01-54.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:38 pm

I just remembered this guy who posted about the existence of an Arabic voice-over of Z.

He described it like this:
The laziest Dragon Ball Z dub I've ever heard is playing in Dubai in the UAE (United Arab Emirates).

In that dub, it just has the original version audio, but whenever the characters speak, the audio volume is decreased, and people read what is being said. Keep in mind, they don't actually act or try to put forth any kind of preformance. They simply read the translated dialog in a calm tone. I guess it's the same as having subtitles, only they're "audio subtitles". Have you guys ever seen a dub like this before?