Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 pm

IM21 wrote:Ok, so today I went on Youtube and Youtube really wanted me to check some DBZ/Super reaction videos. Idk why, cause I don't watch react videos ayway, but I clicked and oh my... Why would anyone even wanna watch this? It's shit. It's also pretty clear that if you're a good looking girl you have more views and more subs. I should have drank while watching it, cause now i just feel depressed. Also, sorry for saying mean stuff about most of the other DB youtubers in the past. Compared to this you're good.

Oh and if you enjoy those videos, good for you. You're way more stronger than I am.
You mean those people who record themselves watching someone else's video? Yeah, I've never been a fan of them. They don't do anything transformative with it. They just sit there, watching. Riveting.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:02 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
You mean those people who record themselves watching someone else's video? Yeah, I've never been a fan of them. They don't do anything transformative with it. They just sit there, watching. Riveting.
Yea. And I didn't mean it just for the DB community, but for all the reaction guys on youtube. I really don't get it, why would you wanna watch a random person, watch stuff and react to it. Also LOL at some of the reactions. The ''OMG'' faces can't be more fake. But anything for the views I guess.

Also I see guys like Ajay and MistareFusion make much better content and they have like 100k+ less subs. It's sad.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:10 pm

After ten years of doing this, 100,000 or anything near it still feels like a pipe dream...

Also, thank you!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 pm

Unfortunately the Dragon Ball videos I usually see get attention are the generic reactions and "facts you didn't know" videos (most of which are actually wrong/ have no sources)

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:After ten years of doing this, 100,000 or anything near it still feels like a pipe dream...

Also, thank you!
Maybe if you uploaded your thoughts/review on Broly like I told you to do... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :think: :think: :think: :think:
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:53 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:After ten years of doing this, 100,000 or anything near it still feels like a pipe dream...

Also, thank you!
Maybe if you uploaded your thoughts/review on Broly like I told you to do... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :think: :think: :think: :think:
He told me its coming out! Yay!
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Jackal » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:20 pm

"Perfection".

Utter cockroach. Bagging on other Youtubers, spreading false information for views, and filters his comments so you can't expose him for the scumbag leech he is.

'Perfect' example: His latest video is one "exposing" someone called Terez27 for apparently false-flagging someone else''s Youtube video so they can have sole credit for uploading Super Dragon Ball Heroes. But that's a bold, blatant lie: All you need to do is Google this Terez person's name to find out they did the subs for that episode, which means it's their copyright, ergo they have full right to have any videos taken down if other people re-upload their work.

Sorry, I had to bump this to get this off my chest. Youtube needs to crack down on people like him, far too much scumbaggish people on there abusing the system to get cheap views.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:45 pm

The Jackal wrote:"Perfection".

Utter cockroach. Bagging on other Youtubers, spreading false information for views, and filters his comments so you can't expose him for the scumbag leech he is.

'Perfect' example: His latest video is one "exposing" someone called Terez27 for apparently false-flagging someone else''s Youtube video so they can have sole credit for uploading Super Dragon Ball Heroes. But that's a bold, blatant lie: All you need to do is Google this Terez person's name to find out they did the subs for that episode, which means it's their copyright, ergo they have full right to have any videos taken down if other people re-upload their work.

Sorry, I had to bump this to get this off my chest. Youtube needs to crack down on people like him, far too much scumbaggish people on there abusing the system to get cheap views.
Isn't he the same scumbag who "exposed" Geekdom for allegedly selling out to Funimation during the Vic controversy? Yeah, that guy got virtually no attention, with very few views until recently.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:42 pm

You shouldn't be uploading content that isn't yours in the first place on youtube. The Dragon Ball heroes anime belongs to bandai namco/Toei, etc, not to any youtuber. Uploading DBH episodes onto your channel and making it public is a cheap way to gain views, subscribers, and more watch time. which leads to more youtube perks like the community tab and the ability to gain monetization. Whether you put subs in your video or not, it just makes it seem like you are unable to grow your channel through your own and instead have to rely on other peoples content to grow. Imagine growing your channel purely over content that doesn't belong to you, with little transformative means to make it different from the regular vid. While other creators who create original content struggle to grow.

If you reupload copyrighted content on youtube, and put subs in them, dont be surprised when people reupload them. Let bandai namco or toei take action. Also, fan subbing official content that doesnt belong to you and reuploading it on youtube is protected by copyright? Any links that support this statement? I'm really curious on this, since fan subbers themselves aren't getting legal permission from bandai to fansub it and upload it on YT.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:03 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:You shouldn't be uploading content that isn't yours in the first place on youtube. The Dragon Ball heroes anime belongs to bandai namco, not to anyone else. Uploading DBH episodes onto your channel and making it public is a cheap way to gain views, subscribers, and more watch time. which leads to more youtube perks and the ability to monetize. Whether you put subs in your video or not, it just makes it seem like you are unable to grow your channel through your own and instead have to rely on other peoples content to grow. Imagine growing your channel purely over content that doesn't belong to you, with little transformative means to make it different from the regular product. While other creators who create original content struggle to grow.

If you reupload copyrighted content on youtube, and put subs in them, dont be surprised when people reupload them. Let bandai namco or toei take action. Also, fan subbing official content that doesnt belong to you and reuploading it on youtube is protected by copyright? Any links that support this statement?

You're missing the forest for the trees here.

Regardless of whether Terez uploading subbed Heroes content is strictly legal or not (it's not), the channel exists for no other reason than to host said subbed content. It's not monetized, and it's not a springboard to success. The translations were never even available on YouTube initially.

The reason the channel was created in the first place was because scummy people would download the subtitled versions, upload them to their own channels, and then monetize them. As you pointed out (albeit with misdirected blame), they're doing this entirely for profit and to boost their own content. That's absolutely not okay, and I'm glad you agree.

The intent of moving the source to YouTube was to ensure what goes up first there isn't actually funding anyone. To ensure that remains true, striking down reuploads means that nobody is profiting from their non-profit fan-efforts.

The only people in the wrong here are the ones upset that their moneymaking game is over. If Bandai and/or Toei wants to stop Terez's own uploads, or claim revenue from them, then they're well within their right to, and nobody's going to fight against that... but that's an entirely separate issue.

If you want to stand against fansubbing as a practise, then sure, that's fine. If you want to talk about YouTube's broken copyright system, go for it. But let's not paint the people receiving these strikes as "victims". They're not. They're greedy kids who lost their undeserved income. Terez's actions may not necessarily be legal, but they're noble, at the very least.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:16 pm

None of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes Content from Bandai Namco's channel are monetizable. Bandai namco of Japan puts Content ID's on all of their videos, which makes it so that no one can profit from their reuploads. And that includes with the subs, since they have Audio Visual Content ID that can detect the audio+video of a reupload.

The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Jackal » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Isn't he the same scumbag who "exposed" Geekdom for allegedly selling out to Funimation during the Vic controversy? Yeah, that guy got virtually no attention, with very few views until recently.
Yes. I have no love (or hate, I'm neutral tbh) but this guy is riding Geekdom for all the views he can. He's a leech, simple as.
RichardKing2 wrote:You shouldn't be uploading content that isn't yours in the first place on youtube. The Dragon Ball heroes anime belongs to bandai namco/Toei, etc, not to any youtuber. Uploading DBH episodes onto your channel and making it public is a cheap way to gain views, subscribers, and more watch time. which leads to more youtube perks like the community tab and the ability to gain monetization. Whether you put subs in your video or not, it just makes it seem like you are unable to grow your channel through your own and instead have to rely on other peoples content to grow. Imagine growing your channel purely over content that doesn't belong to you, with little transformative means to make it different from the regular vid. While other creators who create original content struggle to grow.

If you reupload copyrighted content on youtube, and put subs in them, dont be surprised when people reupload them. Let bandai namco or toei take action. Also, fan subbing official content that doesnt belong to you and reuploading it on youtube is protected by copyright? Any links that support this statement? I'm really curious on this, since fan subbers themselves aren't getting legal permission from bandai to fansub it and upload it on YT.
You're missing the point. I'm not defending this Terez person, I'm stating a fact - their subs are their own work. Under law, that's theirs. They have every right to defend their work. Does they mean I agree that means they can upload whole episodes to Youtube just because they added said subtitles? Hell no. I don't. But I 100% side with them for flagging people for re-uploading those videos, with their subtitles on it.

But that's neither the point. You can agree with me or not on that. All that matters is this 'Perfection' clown is playing people for views and twisting facts to get views, and it's disgusting. I don't know Terez, and frankly I didn't bump this thread to "defend" him/her, I just wanted to spread the word that Perfection is an asshat. Sadly Youtube is filled to the brim with leeches like him, ex: GTA5 Youtubers.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:35 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:None of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes Content from Bandai Namco's channel are monetizable. Bandai namco of Japan puts Content ID's on all of their videos, which makes it so that no one can profit from their reuploads. And that includes with the subs, since they have Audio Visual Content ID that can detect the audio+video of a reupload.
If that's the case, then you could perhaps have a bit more of a grey view on things, but for me, it's like this:

If Bandai are fine with you rehosting their content under the condition they earn the revenue, then that's fine. Rehost whatever they upload. But as an extension of that, they're clearly also fine with transforming (in this case, translating) that content as long as the same rules apply.

I think it's perfectly valid to then claim ownership of your input. You don't just get to take someone else's input because it's overlaid on copyrighted content. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:11 pm

The Jackal wrote:"Perfection".

Yeah, the dude's trash. You have Geekdom, trying his best to not get caught in the Poopageddon of controversy that is the Vic Mignogna sexual assault allegations. Then, you have this POS trying to drag him into it. Geekdom sets the record straight, then "Imperfection" (creative, I know) creates more videos about Geekdom. Geekdom, I'm sorry you had to deal with that idiot.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:14 am

One youtuber that I've found practically unbearable that I used to like before is RikudouFox. I used to like the random videos they made a few years ago but now all he does in his random video is have an add every minute or two on his videos, be obnoxiously loud, and say the same few phoned-in reactions to things he does in his videos (usually saying "LETS GOOOOO" everytime something cool happens, which gets irritating fast).

I feel sorta bad because I'm sure he's a really nice guy, but geez his content has become grating to me now.