Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TKA
Advanced Regular

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by TKA » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:03 am

Fionordequester wrote: ...to be fair, Hillary wasn't exactly a thrilling alternative, what with Benghazi and all. Don't know how she ever beat Bernie...
Complete false equivalency. People need to stop doing this. Yeah, Hilary was bad, but mentioning her in the same sentence as Trump is like comparing a paper cut to an amputated leg which has become gangrenous.

Trump being in office has normalized a lot of stupid shit that has no place in a civilized society: racism, sexism, misogyny etc.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:43 am

JulieYBM wrote:
DB1984 wrote:Sean S. is now officially dead to me for supporting the movement that says "Trust and believe. No questions asked."

I never (and I mean, NEVER) dreamed that the #MeToo Movement could poison the DB franchise for me, but it sadly did.
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Per the rules of the forum;

"...No matter what the subject matter, we simply ask that our members bring as much substance to the conversation as possible in as well-written a way as possible..."

Your response does not fall in line with this quote and is antagonistic. I am not a Mod, however I feel you should be put in check for your response.

As per the topic itself, I feel it is odd that after Vic makes money off a new, popular movie that is when the wolves come after him. To me it is suspicious. (Yes I am aware of his past allegations) That is my thoughts, good day everyone.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:47 am

GTx10 wrote:As per the topic itself, I feel it is odd that after Vic makes money off a new, popular movie that is when the wolves come after him. To me it is suspicious. (Yes I am aware of his past allegations) That is my thoughts, good day everyone.
This has already been addressed and is absurd and how on earth do you people keep saying nonsense like this.
VegettoEX wrote:The one thing I want to reiterate that has been mentioned but hasn't been brought up recently: we can see exactly when this came about for Vic, and it wasn't even about him in the first place. What happened was a dude that's been regular friends with lots of anime fandom folks (named Dylan, going under the screen name "Hazukari") was outed as a predator in mid-January, that got folks talking, which in turn brought up the apparent open-secret Vic talk all over again, which in turn prompted the "fuck it we are DONE with this" discussion. Yes, it's a mini anime version of the larger #MeToo movement with literally all the same things and patterns of progress going on.

There was no anti-Vic conspiracy, nothing about him was even specifically brewing in the first place, he brought this upon himself by taking these actions against others, and if you're still playing sides at this point you are in no way reflective of this community.
"Mmm yes it's all a coordinated attack right as his movie came out they leveraged this to randomly pick a person to take down" is a big fat nope y'all and we ain't taking that here.

See also: deniers and the behavioral/politeness police pedantry over forum rules.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Post by jelleline89 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:53 am

This thread has derailed into a mixture of politics and blurred trolling. Why this thread hasn't been locked yet is beyond me, it's an absolute trainwreck.

The Kanzenshuu staff didn't seem to have a problem locking the Kamehacon thread when Sean Schemmel has that spat involving another voice actor at said convention. Oh wait, that's because it involved Geekdom101 (hosted said convention) and AnimeAjay (the mod who locked the thread AND was a guest at said convention).

It just frustrates me how the moderators have proven to be very biased about this situation and continue to let this issue fester in the General Discussion page. Only because they weren't so lax when their personal friends and staff membera were involved. If this was concerning AnimeAjay instead of Vic, the thread would have been deleted or locked already, mark my words.
Last edited by jelleline89 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:55 am

jelleline89 wrote:This thread has derailed into a mixture of politics and blurred trolling. Why this thread hasn't been locked yet is beyond me, it's an absolute trainwreck.

The Kanzenshuu staff didn't seem to have a problem locking the Kamehacon thread when Sean Schemmel has that spat involving another voice actor at said convention. Oh wait, that's because it involved Geekdom101 (hosted said convention) and AnimeAjay (the mod who locked the thread AND was a guest at said convention).

It just frustrates me how the moderators have proven to be very unbiased about this situation and continue to let this issue fester in the General Discussion page. Only because they weren't so lax when their personal friends and staff membera were involved. If this was concerning AnimeAjay instead of Vic, the thread would have been deleted or locked already, mark my words.
VegettoEX wrote:I don't feel the thread has outlived its usefulness in any way. This continues to be a developing story and we continue to see additional corroborating behavioral reports about a person whose last known recorded product for this franchise just wrapped up a theatrical run, is scheduled to come out on home video within the next two months (and is set to include bonus material featuring, among other actors, him: "Vic Mignogna Answers Your Questions"), and his specific character variation from this film is also scheduled to appear in a highly-prominent video game this year after having already appeared in another game recently.

The fallout as it directly relates to Dragon Ball is far from over, there are elements worth discussing, and they will likely be worth discussing for the foreseeable future.

As has been stated approximately seven hundred times, we will sit back and listen to whatever you want to say about your favorite replacement score. We'll genuinely hear you out. You have your space and platform to do so here, and no-one has any right to be screaming in your face over it. We will not bow down to the politeness police over these kinds of issues, however, so if you're upset that people aren't continuing their "yes, of course, you are entitled to express your denials on these matters and I will kowtow until the cows come home with every kind statement I can make"... sorry not sorry? If you're upset that people actually have firm opinions on things other than cartoons and aren't afraid to let them be known... I just don't know what to tell you.

At the end of the day, this is the shit that matters. Amongst some of the most jaw-dropping garbage last-stands in this thread, we have seen people come around on things. I'm encouraged by that.
Yes, we are biased against sexual assault.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Post by jelleline89 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:00 am

I'm not defending Vic. My point here is why a thread was locked because of a spat between two voice actors almost immediately if a different thread involving a voice actor facing sexual allegations is allowed to remain open for weeks. It comes across to me personally that Geekdom101 and AnimeAjay's involvement in the first situation made it a biased choice to lock, especially since AnimeAjay was attending the convention as a guest.

Sexual allegations is clearly the more serious of the two situations here, so I'm just pointing out the oddity of how the former situation was treated differently of it wasn't out of bias on Ajay's part.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:05 am

I have no idea what the other thread is/was and I'm not in the business of justifying the minutia of moderation decisions.

But you answered your own question here. This is something that actually matters, actually hurt people, and actually affects the ongoing production of the franchise.

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Post by jelleline89 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:12 am

VegettoEX wrote:I have no idea what the other thread is/was and I'm not in the business of justifying the minutia of moderation decisions.

But you answered your own question here. This is something that actually matters, actually hurt people, and actually affects the ongoing production of the franchise.
Here is the page of the thread for context:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40046&start=180

AnimeAjay, who was an announced guest at said convention, locked the thread and only re-opened it when he conveniently had a guest announcement to share. This has bothered me for a while because he didn't unlock it solely because enough time had passed to re-engage a moderated discussion, it was unlocked because of convenient promotion for an event he was involved in, as well as being friends with another party involved (Geekdom101).

I'm all for awareness of this ongoing issue, but users are arguing and being vile towards one another. I just wish there was more moderation to keep this hot-button topic in control. It waa inevitable with a topic like this, but it's no excuse for uncivil words to be shared.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:57 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:A side note: What a corrupt society we live in. A society where we hold actors, entertainers, athletes more accountable for their actions than our damn politicians; the very people that govern us and we elect into office.
Yeah, there's audio proof of Trump's admitting to sexually assaulting women and being proud of it, and he was elected president!
There's proof of him being racist and calling for the execution of black men even when they were found found innocent, refusing to rent to blacks and committing tax evasion. He is also clearly in violation of the emoluments clause of the US Constitution. If Democrats weren't corrupt as fuck they'd be hammering away at these facts every single day in press conferences...but their donors specifically donated to them to be "republicans who don't have minorities" and that's why our country has increasingly been a major shit-hole since the 1980s when they started accepting corporate money in the wake of Reagan's election victory and Bill Clinton running and governing basically as a republican in 1992.

This to say nothing of the fact that Trump has committed numerous war crimes, like the last seven presidents before him. They should all be tried and prosecuted for war crimes and crimes against humanity and spend the rest of their lives in prison and in an America with an actual opposition party they actually would be.
Fionordequester wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Yeah, there's audio proof of Trump's admitting to sexually assaulting women and being proud of it, and he was elected president!
...to be fair, Hillary wasn't exactly a thrilling alternative, what with Benghazi and all. Don't know how she ever beat Bernie...
She cheated by funding the DNC secretly and having them rig the debates in her favor through debate times and giving her the questions ahead of the debates. This was proven through stolen emails but the Democrats are so desperate to save their own asses while also not actually admitting to their own failures as being anything but accomplices to the GOP that they decided to fabricate the bullshit Trump-Russia narrative that has gone absolutely nowhere over the course of three fucking years. Trump's clearly taken money from Russian oligarchs (just as he has from Israel and Saudi Arabia and fuck knows who else) but instead of actually going after him on substance they're going after him on shit they know they have no chance of winning on. It's fuckin' bullshit. This is to say nothing of the fact that Hilary Clinton was a war criminal herself, supported the Iraq War (and illegal, offensive war that caused a minimum of 200,000 civilian deaths all so oil companies and the military industrial complex could get rich as fuck).

Thank God there's so much energy behind Bernie Sanders this go around. He'll beat the ever-loving shit out of Trump in this election and we'll finally have an actual left-wing politician again.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:23 am

WittyUsername wrote:Did the people who started the MeToo movement ever say “Trust and believe. No questions asked” to begin with? I don’t recall having ever heard that until today.
To be fair, I have heard similar. Certain feminists HAVE referred to the falsely accused as “collateral damage”. Mind, since I’ve only ever seen men say this, I’ve concluded that much of this is either a 4Chan psyop or so called “male feminists” who think that’s what they’re supposed to believe to be a good ally without really thinking about it.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:39 am

jelleline89 wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:I have no idea what the other thread is/was and I'm not in the business of justifying the minutia of moderation decisions.

AnimeAjay, who was an announced guest at said convention, locked the thread and only re-opened it when he conveniently had a guest announcement to share. This has bothered me for a while because he didn't unlock it solely because enough time had passed to re-engage a moderated discussion, it was unlocked because of convenient promotion for an event he was involved in, as well as being friends with another party involved (Geekdom101).

I'm all for awareness of this ongoing issue, but users are arguing and being vile towards one another. I just wish there was more moderation to keep this hot-button topic in control. It waa inevitable with a topic like this, but it's no excuse for uncivil words to be shared.
Few questions.

1. Which part of this thread is "out of control"?
2. Which words are uncivil?
3. Why are you bringing up the subject of a squabble of a year old thread into this one which has a far more important purpose? How is this even comparable to sexual assault?

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Jell, you kinda have a history of dragging unrelated drama into the forums. Just cut it out
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:32 pm

With all this political debate and government conspiracies being discussed in this thread, tell me one thing. What's redundant mean?
The world is your's.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:33 pm

tinlunlau wrote:With all this political debate and government conspiracies being discussed in this thread, tell me one thing. What's redundant mean?
Repetitive and useless
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:47 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:With all this political debate and government conspiracies being discussed in this thread, tell me one thing. What's redundant mean?
Repetitive and useless
Yeah, that sums up this thread alright.
:D
The world is your's.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:12 pm

tinlunlau wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:
Repetitive and useless
Yeah, that sums up this thread alright.
:D
Shining light on sexual assault is useless?

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:20 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Trump's clearly taken money from Russian oligarchs (just as he has from Israel and Saudi Arabia and fuck knows who else) but instead of actually going after him on substance they're going after him on shit they know they have no chance of winning on. It's fuckin' bullshit. This is to say nothing of the fact that Hilary Clinton was a war criminal herself, supported the Iraq War (and illegal, offensive war that caused a minimum of 200,000 civilian deaths all so oil companies and the military industrial complex could get rich as fuck).

Thank God there's so much energy behind Bernie Sanders this go around. He'll beat the ever-loving shit out of Trump in this election and we'll finally have an actual left-wing politician again.
Oh, look - it's u again. Ok, I am not going to start a political discussion over here when the actual topic of this thread is what matters, but I'd like to see ur proof that Trump got money from Israel? I will repeat it: Israel, the State, not of some Jewish business person. If u'd keep spamming ur baseless political agenda over here without any proof ur no better than those Russian run fake accounts and trolls who messed up the 2016 American elections.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Can the Trump politics debate about presidents be kept out. This is about Vic and being accused of sexual assault.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:06 pm

Kokonoe wrote: Shining light on sexual assault is useless?
No, I think he means the constant back and forth of the same conversation for the past 55 pages.

"I think he's innocent and there's no evidence."
"There's been a lot of evidence already." (lists multiple sources)

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Post by jelleline89 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:26 pm

Kokonoe wrote:
jelleline89 wrote:

Few questions.

1. Which part of this thread is "out of control"?
2. Which words are uncivil?
3. Why are you bringing up the subject of a squabble of a year old thread into this one which has a far more important purpose? How is this even comparable to sexual assault?
1. Deviation to political debates and whatnot. Has absolutely nothing to do with Vic.
2. The countless arguments in the past few pages. Go back through the last couple of pages and you'll see. If there was more moderation here, this topic wouldn't be so out of control.
3. Both situations involve a hot-button issue with a dub voice actor that has spread lile wildfire. While the Vic situation is a lot worse in comparison, it only makes it even more strange why AnimeAjay (Kanzenshuu moderator and guest at Kamehacon - which was the general topic of the thread) went out of his way to lock the other thread for almost the entire month. In that situation, it involved Schemmel and Kelamis having some beef in regards to the convention.

The point I'm trying to make here is why there hasn't been much done to moderate a thread concerning sexual allegations made against a voice actor, but a more heavy-handed approach was taken last year just because two voice actors had a spat over Twitter. My honest opinion? In the latter situation, AnimeAjay was a guest at the convention and his friend, Geekdom101, was hosting it. It was a conflict of interest where AnimeAjay locked it even though it wasn't out-of-hand like this thread has gotten, and unlocked it only to make a guest announcement himself. It makes him come across as a shill and I honestly don't believe both threads are treated with an equal level on unbiased moderation.