Rank Your Top 5 Super Episodes

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

Rank Your Top 5 Super Episodes

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:18 pm

1. 131
- Beautiful art, beautiful direction, entertaining dialogue, and just an amazing finale. Also, Goku, Freeza, and 17's teammup?Simple as that.

2. 110
- One of the most hypest Super episodes of all time, once again, amazing direction, and UI Omen's first appearance was just... :clap: The night of the special was just a night to remember.

3. 47
- An amazing introduction to the return of Future Trunks, and an amazing first appearance to Goku Black. The dystopian setting in the future was also done very well, and you can also sympathize with Trunks.

4. 130
- Action packed from start to finish, and Shida's scene was phenomenal (his best work in Super).

5. 66
- Hype episode from start to finish. It was like the mini-version of Goku v. Jiren, and once again, Shida's scene was amazing. I did have a few problems with the episode, but overall, it was a fun 20 minutes.
Last edited by superfan2024 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Rank Your Top 5 Super Episodes

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Why do you like those episodes? What specifically about them grabbed your attention? Character interactions? Animation? Musical moments?

Please do not just post lists with no context.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 pm

1. Episode 110
2. Episode 109
3. Episode 65
4. Episode 56
5. Episode 13

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:18 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Why do you like those episodes? What specifically about them grabbed your attention? Character interactions? Animation? Musical moments?

Please do not just post lists with no context.
Fixed.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:23 pm

The baseball and the Arale episodes are easily in my top 2 because they were really funny.

Episode 5 is also one of my favorites purely because of the memes people made about it on the internet. They were hilarious.

The Roshi vs Frost episode was also a really good episode, probably my favorite in the ToP arc. Just seeing Roshi and Vegeta finally interact with eachother was amazing. This is the number 1 thing I wanted to see in this arc after I found out who will be in Team U7. New and interesting character interactions. Aside from Vegeta and Roshi, the only interaction like that we got was Goku with the Androids, which was pretty fun too.

And last but not least, the episode where Vegeta spent time with his family. It was just cute seeing him go shopping with his wife and son, and fighting with an octopus. I wish he didn't leave them there alone to go training but oh well, it was still a fun episode.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:10 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:The baseball and the Arale episodes are easily in my top 2 because they were really funny.

Episode 5 is also one of my favorites purely because of the memes people made about it on the internet. They were hilarious.

The Roshi vs Frost episode was also a really good episode, probably my favorite in the ToP arc. Just seeing Roshi and Vegeta finally interact with eachother was amazing. This is the number 1 thing I wanted to see in this arc after I found out who will be in Team U7. New and interesting character interactions. Aside from Vegeta and Roshi, the only interaction like that we got was Goku with the Androids, which was pretty fun too.

And last but not least, the episode where Vegeta spent time with his family. It was just cute seeing him go shopping with his wife and son, and fighting with an octopus. I wish he didn't leave them there alone to go training but oh well, it was still a fun episode.
I wish there was more Piccolo/17, Krillin/Tien/Goku and Vegeta/18 interactions.

Most of my favorite eps were slice of life or character building eps but its hard to specifically list my top 5. Episode 88 is up there along with the episode with Goku & Trunks tagging against Zamasu & Black (56 or 57 I think.) Yamcha baseball (71 I think) was good cuz Yamcha. I like the callbacks and setups for the 2 episode Krillin arc. It was one of those episodes that made me think there was big things ahead for Krillin (too bad there wasnt). The stuff at the tail end of the ToP was really good too. The God of Destruction Toppo reveal was really good, but I think that happened at the end of an episode, so Ill say the DBS Finale, episode 131, though 130 was really good too.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:43 am

1) 131
2) 130
3) 109/110
4) 95
5) 70

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:40 am

I don’t really have a top 5 or I haven’t thought about my absolute favorites beyond the following 2. In fact I tend to think of favorite moments more than episodes themselves

But my top 2 were absolutely

1) Episode 70 The Baseball episode: Up there with the Goku and Piccolo driving school episode as the funniest episode of DB. In fact I think it now surpasses that episode for me because that episode only focused on Goku & Piccolo but this one had almost all the characters and there were so many wonderful character moments. I really need more episodes like this when DBS comes out.

2) Episode 83: When Bra is Born. It’s just so great to see the birth of Bulma and Vegeta’s daughter. Confession this & episode 77 were actually the first episode of Super I actually watched. I had originally only planned to watch them. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get back into Dragon Ball after all these years but I wanted to see what they did with this moment as Vegeta & Bulma has always been my favorite pairing on DB despite getting so little in the original DBZ. The episode made me tear up seeing Vegeta had changed so much that it was shown he cared about Bulma and wanted to hold his daughter. Hell just having Vegeta hold his baby is something I never thought I’d see. After watching this episode I looked up various scenes on YouTube. Next thing I knew I was watching the whole series. So because of episode 83 I got completely sucked back into the Dragon Ball franchise