"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:02 am

IntangibleFancy wrote:This is like the 6th or 7th time they've gotten our hopes up. At this point they should just tell us whether or not it's coming back.
Its more like the fans have just been assuming everytime Toei had something to announce, it would be DBS 2.0. Its as simple as keeping low expectations.

Unless they flat out hint at an announcement being DBS related or related to a “new anime” continuation of dragon ball, just assume that thats probably the least likely thing that the announce could be.
Bullza wrote:
IntangibleFancy wrote:This is like the 6th or 7th time they've gotten our hopes up. At this point they should just tell us whether or not it's coming back.
There was really no need for this thread to be made. Theres been no announcement of any continuation at all.

It was just jumping the gun so now every little hint has people wondering if has to do with a continuation rather than just waiting for it to actually be announced properly.
Tbh. The info that caused this thread to be made, while it probably is legit, isn’t confirmed. We can speculate all we want but we dont have official info telling us whether Toei is covering up or is actually serious.

So that puts the info that caused this thread on the same level as all the other pieces of info from the animation and production side or info from people in the db industry, that are probably legit about DBS 2.0 but still have yet to be officially confirmed. And those other pieces of info didn’t warrant a thread just like this latest piece of info didn’t.

So basically, its obvious DBS 2.0 is coming and we have loads of clues and info that are probably right but they’re not officially publicly confirmed.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Tai Lung wrote:for someone who hates manga like me from his horrible tournament of power would prefer DBS 2 to skip the current arc but only because both versions should to get more independence.
Both TOP's were weak really. They only had moments here and there. I try to enjoy both mediums cause we need both.
Sometimes one does better than the other at adapting Toriyama's movies and outlines. When when fails at least we still have hope with another.

Here's hoping the anime comes back soon.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:49 pm

Miracles wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:for someone who hates manga like me from his horrible tournament of power would prefer DBS 2 to skip the current arc but only because both versions should to get more independence.
Both TOP's were weak really. They only had moments here and there. I try to enjoy both mediums cause we need both.
Sometimes one does better than the other at adapting Toriyama's movies and outlines. When when fails at least we still have hope with another.

Here's hoping the anime comes back soon.
I give recognition to whoever deserves, the manga made to better zamasu arc than the anime, but it is another thing with the TOP, the anime showed fantastic fights, more participation and development to characters besides interesting skills what the manga did with kale finished with 4 universes, no interaction and the fight of jiren vs roshi or gohan and kefla for me is an aberration, really there is no comparison for me.
I would prefer that each one make his own arcs so we avoid those problems when comparing them.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:11 am

Unfortunately, an April return is looking less and less likely at this point....

And if not April it'll be July given how this normally works. I think that 7/7 tweet by Yonkou could have something to it.

Mago_Gosora

Post by Mago_Gosora » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:06 pm

I'm not disappointed about the announcement of the bluray stuff. Not getting it or anything, I already own Dab, DBZ, & DBGT on DVD, but I'm not disappointed by the announcement. Super to me is already back via the manga and that's what's important imo lol

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:12 pm

We know Toriyama stated that the anime was ending "in the meantime" but said the manga would continue "as is." Anime will return, the timing is just the mystery.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:32 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/DbsHype/stat ... 0916576256

This is... strange. Nozawa wants to work on Toriyama’s new project which he talked about at Jump Fest but if said new project is Super’s continuation, she should already be working on it or she should definitely know she’s on it if it’s Dragon Ball related. I doubt she doesn’t know behind the scenes stuff, so maybe Toriyama is working on a new manga which could be set in the Dragon World? Or maybe Nozawa just can’t wait for Super’s continuation to be announced and that’s why she’s saying this?
I can’t see Toriyama suddenly starting a new manga, even if it’s a short one, considering how heavily involved he is with Super right now.
My dream would be for him to restart Dragon Ball’s serialization from chapter 520 but I know it’s a pipe dream.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:00 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/YonkouProd/ ... 466527745
GeGeGe no Kitaro Second Season confirmed to broadcast from April 7th.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:06 pm

At this point, Super will be returning in July.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:12 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:06 pm At this point, Super will be returning in July.
What? How? At this point Dragon Ball Super as TV series is dead.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Sani007 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:12 pm
superfan2024 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:06 pm At this point, Super will be returning in July.
No, it's not. It's already been unofficially confirmed that new episodes are in development, and there's no way that Toei wouldn't make new episodes of their biggest money making series after this long. By the time July comes, it would be 6-7 months after Broly has arrived in Japanese theaters, and a month after Broly has hit the home video shelves. July is the most likely time for the return of Super.
Last edited by superfan2024 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:15 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:14 pm
No, it's not. It's already been unofficially confirmed that new episodes are in development, and there's no way that Toei wouldn't make new episodes of their biggest money making series after a year.
And officially confirmed that it's not true. :?

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Sani007 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:15 pm

No, it's not. It's already been unofficially confirmed that new episodes are in development, and there's no way that Toei wouldn't make new episodes of their biggest money making series after a year.
What?

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPFKzIH5u4

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:18 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:16 pm

What?
International media news website World Screen posted a spotlight on Toei Animation on Monday and said that the company is “making more episodes of Dragon Ball Super.” However, Toei Animation denied having “mentioned or announced” more episodes of Dragon Ball Super, and told ANN that the report “is not true at this moment.”

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:33 pm

Well, it's been confirmed that GeGeGe no Kitaro is getting a second season so that means either Super will get a different timeslot or it won't be coming this year.

Either way, I think this topic was a bit premature lol.
Feels over Reals.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:40 pm

"Another timeslot." This will be the new self-deception, the last was: "Just one anniversary season for Kitaro..."

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Sani007 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:18 pm

What?
International media news website World Screen posted a spotlight on Toei Animation on Monday and said that the company is “making more episodes of Dragon Ball Super.” However, Toei Animation denied having “mentioned or announced” more episodes of Dragon Ball Super, and told ANN that the report “is not true at this moment.”
That's an obvious cover up.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:40 pm

RedHeat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:33 pm Well, it's been confirmed that GeGeGe no Kitaro is getting a second season so that means either Super will get a different timeslot or it won't be coming this year.

Either way, I think this topic was a bit premature lol.
Pretty sure GeGeGe is the one that will be getting the timeslot shift. Just a guess though. Just a guess...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:42 pm

Sani007 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:18 pm

What?
Also, lol if you think Toei saying there is no DBS 2 is confirmation of no DBS 2. Could easily be a cover up. Escpecially when you take logic and the clues we’ve gotten into consideration.