Do you think they will/should incorporate “Grand Priest Goku” into the official DB Super Canon?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Do you think they will/should incorporate “Grand Priest Goku” into the official DB Super Canon?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:37 am

So Super DB Heroes now has a Goku that trains under the Grand Priest wearing the exact same clothes.! Do you think they will/should incorporate that at some point in the official timeline of Super? I really LOVE this concept! Those clothes suite him perfectly! He also appears thinner in it. (Very Goku Black like with the boots and the shorts)

Also, these new cards seem to have given Goku a form of mastered Ultra Instinct that looks exactly identical to his UI “Omen” Form..

I can only hope that this is his FULL completed (both offensive and defensive) form! Because lets face it, more than 90% of the fandom likes black hair more than silver!! xD

Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Do you think they will/should incorporate “Grand Priest Goku” into the official DB Super Canon?

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:22 pm

I'm fine with him training with the GP one day. That would be cool. I'd even be fine with him getting a new outfit from it (maybe his EoZ attire). But I don't really enjoy him in the GP's outfit. It's like putting on the outfit for one of your OCs in Xenoverse. Just doesn't look right to me yet

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Do you think they will/should incorporate “Grand Priest Goku” into the official DB Super Canon?

Post by Spencer_23 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Maybe as a training episode or something but permanently have that as his role/fit late in the series? Eh I’ll pass

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:35 pm

I think the cards imply Grand Priest Goku has mastered Omen so that he can willingly use it, but he can’t use the mastered UI yet?
I’m not a big fan of this design, I think it works for something like Heroes but would be weird for Goku to fight in those clothes in the main serie. Although him training under the Grand Priest would be pretty interesting to see, but I wouldn’t want the training to happen off-screen.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Maybe as an end of series thing, or a temporary thing. I mean, above the Gods in the series, there's only so much more until the limit of power (Zeno) can be reached.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:17 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:37 am So Super DB Heroes now has a Goku that trains under the Grand Priest wearing the exact same clothes.! Do you think they will/should incorporate that at some point in the official timeline of Super? I really LOVE this concept! Those clothes suite him perfectly! He also appears thinner in it. (Very Goku Black like with the boots and the shorts)

Also, these new cards seem to have given Goku a form of mastered Ultra Instinct that looks exactly identical to his UI “Omen” Form..

I can only hope that this is his FULL completed (both offensive and defensive) form! Because lets face it, more than 90% of the fandom likes black hair more than silver!! xD
not and the idea feels out of place if the training with whis that has not yet finished and that the Grand Priest for both versions tries to maintain impartiality

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:03 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:22 pm I'm fine with him training with the GP one day. That would be cool. I'd even be fine with him getting a new outfit from it (maybe his EoZ attire). But I don't really enjoy him in the GP's outfit. It's like putting on the outfit for one of your OCs in Xenoverse. Just doesn't look right to me yet
I like it, but it reminds me of the Superman TAS black suit. He looks authoritarian when he wears it just like Superman here:

It definitely doesn't suit Goku but it looks cool. I think it has a good shot at being in the show though along with the training with GP angle.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:59 pm

I think it should be in Super,I've been wanting to see something like this ever since the grand priest was introduced, it would explain the colors of Goku's outfit at the end of Z, but I'm kinda disappointed to see it in Heroes first.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:40 pm

It would be cool. But not for now. We didn't see any villain even stronger than Beerus. And Goku is way behind the angels....
Vados Sama!

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Looks wise, GP Goku looks incredible! And he's so serious which I like. Like Hearts said, very Godly.

But Goku needs to learn things with Whis before he can graduate to the GP
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:56 am

I would like this to happen very much, but in the future, not just now. It seems like there is no master above Daishinkan so this has to be Goku's final power up, his actual final form. Way after EoZ I hope.

JetBlack0X

Post by JetBlack0X » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:20 am

I'm conflicted. If he does train with the GP I'm concerned that it won't be long until "multiverse buster" just becomes a meaningless stat as we get ever stronger enemies. So I kinda DON'T want this. But eh, maybe we'll level up to an Omniverse or something next. I'd still enjoy it if it happened.

As for him in the outfit, don't like it. It doesn't work with him at all. Orange Gi, new logo to reflect current master. Then we're golden.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:52 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:37 am Also, these new cards seem to have given Goku a form of mastered Ultra Instinct that looks exactly identical to his UI “Omen” Form..
I think it’s implied that Goku got used to the technique, but this is just the first stage of Ultra Instinct. There is still the second one.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:03 pm

KingKaash wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:05 pm Looks wise, GP Goku looks incredible! And he's so serious which I like. Like Hearts said, very Godly.

But Goku needs to learn things with Whis before he can graduate to the GP
Well Goku has been training under Whis for years now. If he had anything to teach Goku, he would’ve done so by now. Whis has taught Goku everything he could. He has taught them about perfect ki control/godly ki, he has taught them about the existence of UI, he has sparred with them, let them lift extremely heavy things, send them to “that place”. He has given Goku and Vegeta a few pointers. By telling them what their strengths and weaknesses are. What their “problems” are. And how they need to overcome them and work together. So now Whis has nothing further to teach Goku. And so this is where the Grand Priest is requiered.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:32 pm

I've have come to this thread to post one thing: that outfit looks really bad on Goku.

If "Granf Priest Goku" means him in those clothes, then no. No more.