"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:03 pm

Gogeta GT's new attack
https://youtu.be/NKEcK73IHzE

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:23 pm

https://twitter.com/Mattsun_2626/status ... 2111662082

Finn Gogeta's Big Bang Kamehameha is insta-death during the battle against him.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 am
Cipher wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:22 amIt's GT Gogeta. Both Goku and Vegeta: Xeno are still there at the end of the campaign.
I imagined it was Gogeta since Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta were there, but then Finn clothes managed to get me.

Being Gogeta the one absorbed makes it a little bit better. He was cocky at the time he was fighting One-Star Dragon so it makes more sense him to be the one absorbed.
Everyone got trolled hard cause we based it on his ripped pants which only XGogeta's model has.

Is it revealed whether Finn Gogeta stronger than GT Gogeta? Haven't watched UM7 yet and will do so later, but just wondering if this is clarified or not.

EDIT: Just read @Cipher's summaries (how did I miss them, thanks!). I assume Finn takes Gogeta's power and adds it to his own. So that answers my question.

He must be pretty OP in the story if he has an insta-death ultimate move during battle.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 pm

curiously, the only episodes that I liked about heroes are those in which goku ui appears, although I must admit that seeing zamasu, jiren and kamba together was interesting
goku UI was pretty cool
the only bad thing was to see baby vegeta 2.0 being defeated instantly (only buys cards) but anyway at least the episode it was good enough to make me forget the bad of the previous.
good episode

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 am

Soo Finn with Gogeta absorbed is an instant death??? that's freaking hilarious!!! i always though the people who play the game were already so acostumed to it with knowing all the abilities and perks of the game, you could tell it was a breeze to play for them, well is still probably but at least it's a bit harder if anything, at the end it was Gogeta GT the one absorbed so i guess Xeno Gogeta will save the day and that's that right??? Would love for something different though.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:50 am

Dragotaker wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 am Soo Finn with Gogeta absorbed is an instant death??? that's freaking hilarious!!! i always though the people who play the game were already so acostumed to it with knowing all the abilities and perks of the game, you could tell it was a breeze to play for them, well is still probably but at least it's a bit harder if anything, at the end it was Gogeta GT the one absorbed so i guess Xeno Gogeta will save the day and that's that right??? Would love for something different though.
To be honest, it doesn't change as much as you'd think. Several past God Bosses have had functional instant death moves just by virtue of doing so much damage and/or requiring teams to take them out on the first or second turn lest they face virtually unwinnable conditions.

I suppose it gets easy once/if you have a large collection of the most capable cards, but even then, several bosses require being really well-versed in their abilities and being able to find just the right combo. And if you don't have a large collection, you'll have to get creative and be prepared for some seriously uphill battles. Most of the people uploading videos know enough about the game and have big enough card libraries to not sweat new God Bosses too much, but I think by that point most people still playing the game get into its competitive, player-vs-player side.

By the way, why's everyone calling him "Finn"? As far as I know, there's no major hint at a name pun, but I thought it was just as likely to be "Fin" as in "the end," in conjunction with Towa and Mira's temporal naming scheme.

Edit -- This Japanese Wiki agrees with me, even though it's pegged as a guess:
https://wikiwiki.jp/boudai/%E3%83%95%E3 ... 9#o40a2781
フィンは英語でfin
つまり、【終わり】を意味する。ジ・エンド
終わり…終了…あっ…(察し)

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:34 am

Gogeta Xeno ssj managed to defeat Super One star dragon(Omega Shenron) in the story l, IDK why people haven’t been uploading all the dialogues cause were missing quite a bit

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:39 am

You know how there's a Goku and a Goku Xeno? Is the Trunks that's in Dark Empire Saga and the who fused with Vegeta Xeno and Gohan Xeno supposed to be the same Trunks from the Prison Planet Saga and Dragon Ball Super?

Or is that a Trunks Xeno?

Is there two different Trunks like the others essentially.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 am

Bullza wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:39 am You know how there's a Goku and a Goku Xeno? Is the Trunks that's in Dark Empire Saga and the who fused with Vegeta Xeno and Gohan Xeno supposed to be the same Trunks from the Prison Planet Saga and Dragon Ball Super?

Trunks: xeno is future Trunks from right up to he killed the androids and cell in his own timeline and gets summoned by the supreme Kai of time and forced to join the time patrol

The future Trunks in the prison planet story/the SDBH anime is future trunks from dragon ball super

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Bullza wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:39 am You know how there's a Goku and a Goku Xeno? Is the Trunks that's in Dark Empire Saga and the who fused with Vegeta Xeno and Gohan Xeno supposed to be the same Trunks from the Prison Planet Saga and Dragon Ball Super?

Trunks: Xeno is legally distinct from Trunks: Non-Xeno.

(So, yes; they're two separate versions of Trunks.)

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:01 pm

One thing I'd like to clarify/ask but..

Story wise, does the Prison Prison Planet Saga events take place before DBS: Movie Broly, or after?

Or does the game treat them both as separate continuities/events/storylines?

From what I know, the Prison Planet Saga takes place after the ToP. Wanted to clarify if, story wise: if it's supposed to take place before the
events of Broly Movie, After, or if it's treated as completely separate from what happened in the Broly movie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:11 pm

Since everything related to the Broly film is singled out by the cards themselves as different entities, I'd say is safe to assume that DBS:Broly events aren't a factor for the Prison Planet saga nor the Universal Conflict arc.

I am more curious on wherer Planet Prison is chronologically placed in relation to Demigra's Assault arc.

Jol

Post by Jol » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 am

Based Lord Towa appears to have the missing parts of the summary. I'm really curious as to Demigra and Robel's reasons why they're not on Mechikabura's side!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:52 am

Jol wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 amI'm really curious as to Demigra and Robel's reasons why they're not on Mechikabura's side!
I doubt Demigra would want to serve under anyone else, he doesn't seem like that type to me.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:18 am

Was it ever confirmed that the Grand Priest trained Goku? I keep seeing people saying that he did, but there's nothing stating or shown that he trained Goku. Only saved him on the Prison Planet and gave him new clothes since his old ones were torn up.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:18 am

The grand priest doesn't need to give him his clothes... he can create stuff like the TOP, he could easily give Goku his own clothes back.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5rvXlxA6s

More dialogues from the Descent of Demon Gods arc.

To summarize things:
  • Demigra and Roberu, after being cornered by Mechikabura and others I assume, escape to GT world, where Mechi, Towa, and even the Time Patrol give chase to find them.
  • Time Patrol find Demigra gang in the GT world. Mechi too strong, Time Patrol and Demigra gang agree to team up.
  • Demigra says they need to free Kaioshin of Time from Mechi's brainwash. To do that they need the DBs. To get them they need to defeat Super Yi Xing Long (Omega Shenron).
  • Before facing Xeno-Demigra alliance, Towa introduces Demigra to Fin (will follow Cipher's lead since フィン is literally just Fin but tbh Finn doesn't bother me either). Mechi allows Fin absorb some of his demon god energy.
  • VS battle: Brainwashed GT Gohan and Pan under Towa's control vs Xeno-Demigra alliance.
  • SSJ XGogeta is formed.
  • VS battle: Xeno-Demigra alliance vs GT characters and Super YXLong (doesn't say but I assume he's also being brainwashed). Latter team loses here, XTrunks exclaims YXLong has been defeated.
  • Towa brings out Fin, introducing it as 'her cute experiment.' LOL
  • SSJ4 GT Gogeta arrives confused, XTrunks assures they're on his side. Note by this time, XGogeta has already been defused.
  • VS battle: Fin and Super YXLong vs Xeno-Demigra-G4 alliance.
  • XVegeta and XGoku have a bad feeling about Fin. XGoku remarks he's tremendously strong...
  • Fin absorbs GT G4 (how it does so is unclear).
  • Fin Gogeta (called Dark Gogeta in-game) now proclaims himself as the strongest warrior. Also gains the ability to speak properly.
  • VS battle: Xeno-Demigra alliance vs Dark Gogeta.
  • Dark Gogeta taunts if that's all they got.
  • XVegeta complains how Fin powered up after absorbing G4.
  • Roberu suggests they increase their battle power as well. Goku asks if she has a plan...
  • Cliffhanger ending.
I think I got the main points but other translators can feel free to add more to this if they want or clarify if need be.

Side note: Roberu always ends her sentences with "as expected of me." I love it. It's such ice queen behavior but I find it very charming.
Last edited by Rakurai on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:10 pm

Some other notes about character strengths.

Dialogue suggests that SSJ XGogeta's strength allowed them to defeat GT Super YXLong. Not an indication of SSJ XGogeta > GT G4 since GT G4 >>>>> Super YXLong (remember G4 was toying with YXLong). So I would say for now, GT G4 >~? SSJ XGogeta. But it's already been implied in the previous arc that Xeno counterparts > GT counterparts in base form at least.

Also Vegeta complaining that Fin powered up beyond belief after absorbing G4 implies that G4 is still pretty high up there in terms of battle power. Wouldn't be the case if GT G4 was incredibly weaker than him or XGoku.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:51 pm
  • Before facing Xeno-Demigra alliance, Towa introduces Mechikabura to Fin (will follow Cipher's lead since フィン is literally just Fin but tbh Finn doesn't bother me either) as one of her experimental test subjects. Mechi allows Fin absorb some of his demon god energy.
Corrected. Admittedly, there were times when I wrote Demigra instead of Mechikabura and had to correct myself. :crazy:

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:07 pm

So what will the Xeno patrol do in order to increase their batle power??? seems a bit too soon to bring back Vegetto and they fact they asked Roberu if she had a plan instead of just fusing seems like they want to go in a different direction.