Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:12 pm

Here's a full episode summary because it's vital to the thread at this point and not at all because Terez needs something to link to on r/dbz:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Episode 9: "Goku Revived!! Strongest vs. Strongest Collide!”

Trunks and Vegeta find themselves in Universe 11, floating above a devastated metropolis. Trunks notes that it looks like Hearts’ gang has already done considerable damage. Vegeta gazes at the crystalline structure of the Universe Seed hovering above them and responds that it would appear so.

The Universe Seed begins to glow, and Vegeta is transformed into a white-skinned, blue-armored version of himself, the result of a successful possession by Oren. With his new power, Oren-Vegeta blows Trunks away.

Jiren, meanwhile, begins his battle with Cumber, who turns Super Saiyan 3.

After a skirmish, Hearts calls in Oren-Vegeta to test his might against Jiren, sending Cumber along to Universe 3. Oren goes at Jiren, and Kamin asks to be let in on the fun too. Before she can join the fight, however, Zamasu lands in front of the two Tsufruian creations and begins to attack Jiren himself.

After a series of close dodges on both sides, Trunks attempts to attack Zamasu, but is blasted away by Oren, who moves in for the kill.

Before Oren can finish off Trunks, a beam of light appears in the middle of the battlefield, revealing both Goku and the Great Priest.

Goku rushes Oren, and the Great Priest declares the rest is up to him. What’s more, Goku appears to be utilizing Ultra Instinct (Omen). Zamasu is shocked to see Goku in such a form, and Hearts recognizes it as something godly.

Zamasu moves in on Goku, but Jiren rushes to Goku's defense. Goku effortlessly dodges a series of blasts from Oren, and with a single punch, removes him from Vegeta’s body. With an exhausted Vegeta beside him, Goku stares down the grinning Hearts.

Next: “Counterattack! Fierce Attack! Goku and Vegeta!” – Broadcasting mid-April 2019

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:18 pm

These links go on the Wiki. I can just link Twitter on r/dbz. In any case, thank you for your service. :clap:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:18 pm

I noticed another thing.

Can't Kamin and Oren use their hosts attacks? Are they only so lazy in anime or it's like this in game as well?

Baby was using Kamehameha, Galick Gun and Final Flash.
Meanwhile Oren/Kamin only use their "Breaker" attacks every episode.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:36 pm

I did not know that the anime had its own topic
I'm going to admit that it's interesting to have jiren, zamasu and kamba together although tsufuru vegeta fell unfortunately unfortunately at least goku ui looked good.
sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:18 pm I noticed another thing.

Can't Kamin and Oren use their hosts attacks? Are they only so lazy in anime or it's like this in game as well?

that really takes away all the grace to steal a body

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:30 pm

The worst part about this story in general is a fact that they're using a counterpart of GT villain but Xeno Goku/Vegeta are nowhere to found.
CC Goku/Vegeta do not know anything about Kamin/Oren, but Goku Xeno would obviously recognize them and could fight Oren Vegeta as a nice reference. Seeing CC Goku/Vegeta fighting Tuffles isn't really that exciting, because instead of nice fanservice reference we simply get a ripoff of Baby saga.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:57 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:56 pm I have two problems with this episode

1. Super Oren shouldn't have white skin. All of Baby Vegeta forms had human skin color and possesed Caulifla/Kale also had normal skin. Why change it here?

2. Super Oren shouldn't be anywhere near Jiren's power. Oren and Kamin are weaker than full power Baby and even in Caulifla and Kale bodies they weren't that strong, so they do not provide as huge boost as Baby does. While Vegeta is stronger than girls + he has Strongest Form 1 here, he should still be too weak to compete against Jiren. Oren Vegeta in this form should be weaker than regular SSJB Vegeta or equal at best as well. But well, it's DBH so it's probably dumb to look for any logic.

Other than that it was pretty good episode.
> Complaining about powerscaling
> In SDBH

:lol:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:26 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:18 pm I noticed another thing.

I'm pretty sure the 'Break' attacks are just easier to animate.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:59 pm

I am in fucking tears LOLLLLL.

I was not prepared for El Grande Goku.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:08 pm

What do you think the chances are that Moro could appear in an upcoming episode?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:51 pm

It would be impressive to see Heroes ruin a powerful character before they even got a chance to do or be very much in the story itself, but I really doubt that's likely to happen. Manga-only stuff is the least-pervasive and officially-recognized by promotional material like Heroes, and Moro doesn't have much marketability to him yet, even if he ends up being a part of Toriyama's drafts anyway. Not that it'd be a big loss with what we've seen in the manga so far.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:19 am

Ah, I forgot to add my review about the episode.

First things first, I enjoyed the fast-paced fights a lot. It doesn't take away from you the feeling of the action, but it also gives enough time for each fight, so the characters can at least interact with each other.

Lore-wise, we didn't really get anything new regarding Hearts' plan, his alliance with Zamasu or what was Goku's training. Nonetheless, I must admit that the overall showdown was pretty entertaining.

Now for the things I loved. Zamasu's reaction towards Goku arriving with the Grand Priest and Goku's UI ability was one of a kind! That punch that he got from Jiren was even more satisfying! Cumber's new SSJ3 form appeared out of nowhere, but it has a cool design. Makes me think if SSJ2 Berserk (the one that Goku used in the first episode) is connected.

For the things that I would like to see now. It would have been too much, or we could get two different episodes. In the first one I would like to see Kefla vs Zamasu and perhaps Oren Vegeta's creation. Also for a preview some of the fight between Toppo and Cumber. Inn the next episode, Zamasu would defeat Kefla and proceed to battle Jiren (post-Cumber fight) who would do what he did in Episode 9. Also, instead of Goku going for the kill with Oren Vegeta, I would prefer it if Trunks unlocked his SSJ2 Rage to release his father from Oren and then Goku would take on the siblings similarly to how he did it in the Anime.

Last but not least, I really want Trunks to kill Zamasu once and for all, giving a proper ending in their clash, because...finale of Future Trunks saga (which wasn't necessarily bad).
P O W E R

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:21 am

When's the next manga chapter out? Does it have it's own thread? The last one ended with Goku left alone on the planet?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:17 pm

Wait. Is this series based off it's manga, or is it the other way around?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:15 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:17 pm Wait. Is this series based off it's manga, or is it the other way around?
I think they're both based off the game.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:25 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:15 pm
superfan2024 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:17 pm Wait. Is this series based off it's manga, or is it the other way around?
I think they're both based off the game.
It's a fact that they're both based after the game. The manga and anime are promotional material for the arcade game. All three sources have different adaptations of the same general story outline like with the DBS manga and anime (e.g. different character strengths, different telling of events, different character inclusions).

However, the main canon story is the arcade game, since all SDBH merchandise and media is both based after and used to promote the arcade game.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:54 pm

I really enjoyed Jiren getting the better of Cumber and Zamasu!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm

This show is getting very interesting. I can't wait to get some backstory on Zamasu. How he survived, where he got those upgrades, why he joined Hearts...
Now for the things I loved. Zamasu's reaction towards Goku arriving with the Grand Priest and Goku's UI ability was one of a kind!
It was cool watching him react to Ultra Instinct. Fused Zamasu probably already knew about Ultra Instinct since he was a Kai fighting genius, who knows if he ever tried to achieve it.

Fused Zamasu with Ultra Instinct, now that would be an unstoppable enemy.
That punch that he got from Jiren was even more satisfying!
No it wasn't. Mere mortals shouldn't even dare lay their filthy hands upon a God.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:06 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm This show is getting very interesting. I can't wait to get some backstory on Zamasu. How he survived, where he got those upgrades, why he joined Hearts...
Now for the things I loved. Zamasu's reaction towards Goku arriving with the Grand Priest and Goku's UI ability was one of a kind!
It was cool watching him react to Ultra Instinct. Fused Zamasu probably already knew about Ultra Instinct since he was a Kai fighting genius, who knows if he ever tried to achieve it.

No it wasn't. Mere mortals shouldn't even dare lay their filthy hands upon a God.
I hate to be a party pooper but I doubt we may get some insight, at least in the anime.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:23 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm No it wasn't. Mere mortals shouldn't even dare lay their filthy hands upon a God.
Lol, you are correct. But Jiren disagrees... :lol:
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:06 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm This show is getting very interesting. I can't wait to get some backstory on Zamasu. How he survived, where he got those upgrades, why he joined Hearts...

I hate to be a party pooper but I doubt we may get some insight, at least in the anime.
Probably not in the anime since every episode is quite short and the main villain of the arc seems to be Hearts instead of Zamasu, but hopefully in the manga or the game they will explain what's the deal with the new Mecha Fused Zamasu.